Why can't Women go as fast as men?

MotoMalyDad
7/6/2015 12:33pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/07/04/96697/s1200_images.jpg[/img] Some girls are bad asses

Some girls are bad asses
Yeah but again, if she fought a male UFC fighter, she would get knocked out.
Now that would be a huge PPV event. Never happen and you are probably right. She would kick my fat ass off the keyboard and into the backyard...
Darryl916
7/6/2015 12:51pm Edited Date/Time 7/6/2015 12:52pm
Read this thread earlier. I have always wondered the same things. Didn't think strength could be the issue because there are lots of top amateur super mini kids that are faster than me, an ok fast vet. Here is something interesting I just stumbled across on IG just now. I instantly thought about this thread.

A picture of "danger boy" Haiden Deegan, who rips 65's among the fastest in the country....

He's what, like 8-9?! I've never seen a 10 year old girl's back look like that!

7warpig7
7/22/2015 7:41pm
Might wanna Google Shayna Texter and Nichole Mees, who are very close to being as fast as the very best men.

The only people allowed to say "yeah, but flattrack isnt motocross" are people who have slid a Harley XR into a dirt corner, going 130 MPH, side by side with 2 other bikes.

The Shop

Berm
Fantasy
82nd
7/22/2015 8:17pm
7warpig7 wrote:
Might wanna Google Shayna Texter and Nichole Mees, who are very close to being as fast as the very best men. The only people allowed to...
Might wanna Google Shayna Texter and Nichole Mees, who are very close to being as fast as the very best men.

The only people allowed to say "yeah, but flattrack isnt motocross" are people who have slid a Harley XR into a dirt corner, going 130 MPH, side by side with 2 other bikes.
Shayna Texter has a career best finish of 12th in the GNC1 class.
Nichole Mees has a career best finish of 7th in the GNC1 class.

Yes they are both fast, but they are not as fast as the men. In fact, both of them have brothers that are faster/better than they are (Jared Mees and Corey Texter) which practically proves the opposite of what you intended.

It is a somewhat decent example, but they are not at the top of AMA flat track.
Juss
7/22/2015 8:34pm
I think it's the same reason that women aren't better in any sports. I don't mean that to be a dick: I think that's a fact.
You think it's a fact that your a dick?
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
7/22/2015 9:04pm Edited Date/Time 7/22/2015 9:05pm
7warpig7 wrote:
Might wanna Google Shayna Texter and Nichole Mees, who are very close to being as fast as the very best men. The only people allowed to...

No they are not, and not even close. Try again.They are" also rans" in a almost dead form of motorcycle racing.
jasonv43
7/22/2015 10:22pm
Have you ever tried riding with these things bouncing all over the place? That's extra weight bro.

7warpig7
7/23/2015 4:57am
7warpig7 wrote:

Berm wrote:
Shayna Texter has a career best finish of 12th in the GNC1 class. Nichole Mees has a career best finish of 7th in the GNC1 class...

Yes they are both fast, but they are not as fast as the men. In fact, both of them have brothers that are faster/better than they are (Jared Mees and Corey Texter) which practically proves the opposite of what you intended.

Hmm, well Nichole Mees currently sits 14th in points in GNC1 and Shayna Texter has won main events in the GNC2 class.

The statement was that they are almost as fast. You wouldn't tell someone who won a 250 main in motocross that they weren't even almost as fast as the other riders.
Berm
Fantasy
82nd
7/23/2015 6:39am
7warpig7 wrote:

Berm wrote:
Shayna Texter has a career best finish of 12th in the GNC1 class. Nichole Mees has a career best finish of 7th in the GNC1 class...

7warpig7 wrote:
Hmm, well Nichole Mees currently sits 14th in points in GNC1 and Shayna Texter has won main events in the GNC2 class. The statement was that...
Hmm, well Nichole Mees currently sits 14th in points in GNC1 and Shayna Texter has won main events in the GNC2 class.

The statement was that they are almost as fast. You wouldn't tell someone who won a 250 main in motocross that they weren't even almost as fast as the other riders.
The GNC2 class isn't the same as the 250 mx class (and she won in the "pro singles" class before GNC2 was implemented). It is a bit lower tier, at least it was when it was she ran it in 2012.

I didn't say she wasn't fast either; I just pointed out that she is not close to the best (which is what this topic was created to discuss). Of course she is faster than some men, but the question asked about a women being faster/better then all (or just about all) men.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
7/23/2015 7:13am
Anonymous wrote:
This is a serious question. I race at a local A level, so I'm not ignorant here. But seriously, what is it that keeps women from...
This is a serious question. I race at a local A level, so I'm not ignorant here. But seriously, what is it that keeps women from going as fast as men? I don't understand it. Why are the fastest MX women in the world only at a Loretta's B-class pace? Most are the size of a Villo or RC. It can't be a physical thing. I mean, top 16 year old amateur boys aren't that strong and they can be insanely fast. I just cannot understand why a woman hasn't been able to develop world-class MX speed. Geiger, Fiolek, Golden, Patterson, all awesome women and ambassadors, but not fast enough to make a Supercross Main Event.... Why?
Upper body Strength. No matter how weak you think a 16 year old a rider from Loretta's might be, He is still much stronger than any girl racing a motorcycle.Just so you know that I'm not talking out my ass, I helped train two girls who raced In the women's nationals And I train A girl in BMX racing, All of them were weaker Then my son who is yoinger then all of them.
Suns_PSD
7/23/2015 9:07am
On a full size MX bike, women always appear to not have the core strength to handle an MX bike. All of them, even the fast ones.

When I see women riding I always think that they would be faster on a KTM 105SX. Something light. Instead they are riding around on a 250F which is a huge error imo.
mjr119
7/23/2015 9:51am
Because the seat gets damp and it makes them slide around...
mbw416
7/23/2015 10:18am
UNPOPULAR OPINION When you are a little girl, you are valued for how pretty you are, you are compared to/called a princess, you receive tea sets...
UNPOPULAR OPINION

When you are a little girl, you are valued for how pretty you are, you are compared to/called a princess, you receive tea sets and easy bake ovens as presents, dresses are marketed to you, pink is marketed to you, barbies and dollies are marketed to you. When you are a little boy, you are valued for your abilities, you are expected to rough house and scrape your knees, bikes are marketed to you, supersoakers are marketed to you, skateboards and tonka trucks and hot wheels are all marketed to you.

When children receive attention in certain areas, it encourages expansion in the areas they are receiving praise in, and when a child is exposed frequently to an idea or subject, it inspires interest for that subject in them. Inherently, we teach girls to be concerned about being pretty, to be interested in fashion and host parties and take care of children; at the same time we are teaching little boys to construct things, to experiment with physics, to get their hands dirty and learn coordination through bikes or skateboards. Those that break that mould are condemned for it.

I was a wild child; my parents couldn't keep clothes on me, I climbed trees and ripped my clothes, rode bikes, chased horses in the pasture, and got as filthy as I could. By grade four I had broken my wrists three times from riding horses and snowboarding, and one particularly rowdy game of hide and seek. My parents encouraged my exploration of the world around me, but they were chastised for it by my friends' parents because my best friends were boys- because I was expected to be a little lady, and these rambunctious activities diverged from that idea of what people thought little girls should be. Pink, pretty, clean. Consider the opposite, where we humiliate little boys for showing an interest in traditionally female oriented subjects.

Because being girly is being weak. Because being scared is being a pussy. Because any traditionally female characteristic comes with a negative connotation.

I believe this mentality has had a negative effect on men aswell, But to stay on topic I will leave that out.

When support for women in the sport increases, lap times will shrink. We are already seeing a generational shift away from toys marketed to one gender in particular, and I am a huge supporter of this movement. There is a new generation of girls being brought up in sports, and I truly believe that the gap between men and women in professional extreme sports is going to shrink. We have already witnessed it in skiing and skateboarding, which are really the only other sports that I care about, and this is due to support from the community, from men in the sport, and from our families. Oh, and supporting other women in the sport. Cause being bitches is the most detrimental thing we can do to eachother.

Here is a photo of me with my besties just to support my earlier paragraph.

Loved this! I work with female motocross racers on the daily and sponsor 10 women who love to race moto.

I don't think we should be compared to men because.. well... we aren't men. We weren't made to be them in any way physically or mentally. So expecting us to be is wrong. Women are thinkers... we overanalyze and overthink and that right there is, personally, is what I would say is the biggest difficulty for women in motocross. We can't go "balls to the wall" because the majority of us have to think of all the possibilities and outcomes and can't quite let go and allow our bikes to do all that they were created to do.

Women's motocross isn't men's motocross and for reasons. Just like in any other professional sport - they are separated and respectfully so. But how dare someone think less of someone's passion, motivation and drive because they are a girl! We are riding the same bikes on the same tracks. There ought to be something said about that.
7/23/2015 11:31am Edited Date/Time 7/23/2015 11:44am
So the suggestions so far are...

-strength
-testosterone (balls)
-low numbers of mx women
-segregation
-gender roles (which is simply a Reason for low numbers of mx women)

I definitely think it's ONE of these things and not a combination. When in life is the problem ever more than a single thing?
7/24/2015 4:03am
Testosterone/strength....Up until puberty I have seen girls as quick if not quicker than the boys, once you get to 14+ it all changes.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
927th
7/24/2015 7:50am
I think there are also the the brain issues. Women's brains have more connectivity between the halves and they process more information at the same time which makes it harder for them to focus a specific thing and make microsecond decisions as they are burdened by analyzing more data. (this also makes them more intuitive because they can analyze more data) Also boys are making decisions with a different part of the brain that doesn't give them the logic to interject fear. They don't perceive the danger of twisting the throttle more.
Has anyone ever watched the documentaries about how athletes see things in what we mere mortals refer to as slow motion? Everyone has it to an extent but some are just gifted better than others. I think men may have developed this better than women as their job was to hunt vs gather.
Along with the reasons that have been presented, I think it's a cumulative effect of many reasons.
Interesting reading others thoughts on this.
fidiot
7/24/2015 11:35am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2015 11:35am
A lot of good posts by intelligent people in this thread.

There are also a lot of posts I suspect are from single sexually frustrated young men who have not had sex in a long time. I also suspect that they will stay that way until they begin to respect women.

Post a reply to: Why can't Women go as fast as men?

The Latest