Why can't Women go as fast as men?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/4/2015 9:09 AM

This is a serious question. I race at a local A level, so I'm not ignorant here. But seriously, what is it that keeps women from going as fast as men? I don't understand it. Why are the fastest MX women in the world only at a Loretta's B-class pace? Most are the size of a Villo or RC. It can't be a physical thing. I mean, top 16 year old amateur boys aren't that strong and they can be insanely fast. I just cannot understand why a woman hasn't been able to develop world-class MX speed. Geiger, Fiolek, Golden, Patterson, all awesome women and ambassadors, but not fast enough to make a Supercross Main Event.... Why?

|

7/4/2015 9:19 AM

Well I'd say it is a physical thing. I think in the most physical demanding sports even the best women are barely in mid pack, just like in moto. I don't know why exactly though too, but you should consider that there are more aspects than just strength. Endurance, mental toughness and so on.

|

7/4/2015 9:21 AM

Balls

|

7/4/2015 9:22 AM

stupid people are so entertaining!

|

Don't hate the Stew bros!

7/4/2015 9:24 AM

you can't fix stupid

|

7/4/2015 9:25 AM

Women arent nearly as strong as men plus the difference in mentality. i Seen a chick at Fast Farms once that was a dyke, mid thirtys and well build like a man and she was super fast! Rode with her brother who races GNCC but she was well rounded mx rider. Back when FF was getting started i guess about 09 is when i met her. She was skimin the 10 commandments on a early 200 yamaha with a huge fuel tank like a boss. Everyone else was triple thru and just skim the last few and most riders just doubled thru them! She was impressive

|

7/4/2015 9:26 AM

|

7/4/2015 9:27 AM

Gringoe wrote:

Balls

If my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle

|

7/4/2015 9:27 AM

Gringoe wrote:

Balls

What he said. ^

|

The older I get, the faster I was. Posting without a cast on is fun!

7/4/2015 9:28 AM

hammertime wrote:

That's why we enjoy you so much...bro.

|

7/4/2015 9:29 AM

imoto34 wrote:

Women arent nearly as strong as men plus the difference in mentality. i Seen a chick at Fast Farms once that was a dyke, mid thirtys and well build like a man and she was super fast! Rode with her brother who races GNCC but she was well rounded mx rider. Back when FF was getting started i guess about 09 is when i met her. She was skimin the 10 commandments on a early 200 yamaha with a huge fuel tank like a boss. Everyone else was triple thru and just skim the last few and most riders just doubled thru them! She was impressive

... maybe they're just smart enough to realize if they are as fast as a man that ignorant people will call them "dykes" and they opt to stay away.

|

7/4/2015 9:30 AM

I think women can be just as mentally tough. I'm not buying the physical thing either. I've seen some wicked fast Supermini kids...

|

7/4/2015 9:35 AM

MANNERS226 wrote:

I think women can be just as mentally tough. I'm not buying the physical thing either. I've seen some wicked fast Supermini kids...

I can't seem to think of any other reasons. Now i do think that a 15 year old boy is prob stronger then most 25 year old average size woman.

|

7/4/2015 9:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/4/2015 9:36 AM

Aggression is part of it. Some of us are very competitive but most of us just aren't willing to sacrifice our bodies to impress our friends.

|

2016 KTM 500 EXC-F
Current project: 2007 Kawasaki KX250-R7 retro build
I NEED A PIPE FOR 1987 KX250 - thread
Future project: 1987 Kawasaki KX250-E1

7/4/2015 9:43 AM

I think it's the same reason that women aren't better in any sports. I don't mean that to be a dick: I think that's a fact.

|

7/4/2015 9:48 AM

queen of spodes wrote:

Aggression is part of it. Some of us are very competitive but most of us just aren't willing to sacrifice our bodies to impress our friends.

if you really think they do it just to impress their friends than you are pretty clueless about riding or racing...

|

It's the nexus of the crisis
And the origin of storms

7/4/2015 9:51 AM

Aggression and risk taking associated with higher levels of testosterone (balls...) My theory is that it's completely hormonal. I doubt it is a anything to do with physical abilities, unless someone has research that proves otherwise.

|

7/4/2015 9:52 AM

Crisp BRAAAP! wrote:

I think it's the same reason that women aren't better in any sports. I don't mean that to be a dick: I think that's a fact.

Gymnastics, figure skating, swimming, skiing? Lot's of impressive, elite female athletes out there.

|

7/4/2015 9:53 AM

hammertime wrote:

go ahead and explain it then.
idiot

|

7/4/2015 9:54 AM

Percentile. There are very few women who ride, let alone at a competitive level. I would imagine there are some women on this fine earth that would have the genetics and ability to ride pro and hang with the men....but they don't ride. Make sense?

On an amateur level I have witnessed some very fast girls and am not ashamed to say I have been passed by some as well!

|

7/4/2015 9:54 AM

Crisp BRAAAP! wrote:

pCp 252 wrote:

Gymnastics, figure skating, swimming, skiing? Lot's of impressive, elite female athletes out there.

You generally don't see the most testosterone laden guys doing figure skating and gymnastics. Some impressively strong males participate in those sports, but those are made for female sports.

|

7/4/2015 9:57 AM

Crisp BRAAAP! wrote:

pCp 252 wrote:

Great point

|

7/4/2015 9:57 AM

Steadman wrote:

Percentile. There are very few women who ride, let alone at a competitive level. I would imagine there are some women on this fine earth that would have the genetics and ability to ride pro and hang with the men....but they don't ride. Make sense?

On an amateur level I have witnessed some very fast girls and am not ashamed to say I have been passed by some as well!

Also, a good point

|

7/4/2015 10:02 AM

too occupied with thoughts on how to make more sandwiches?

|

7/4/2015 10:02 AM

Steadman wrote:

MANNERS226 wrote:

Also, a good point

This is what I was thinking. There's a small handful of girls who ride my local tracks, all pretty average C or maybe faster D speed. If there was a larger sampling of athletically fit females, there might be one or two that are at B speed. Josh Hill's girlfriend back in 06ish used to race B at Albany MX.

|

Osama Bin Mixin - Head of the 2-stroke Taliban

7/4/2015 10:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/4/2015 10:05 AM

hammertime wrote:

crusty_xx wrote:

go ahead and explain it then.
idiot

just watch vicki golden attack the physical sections of a sx track and your stupid question will be answered!

|

Don't hate the Stew bros!

7/4/2015 10:04 AM

Steadman wrote:

MANNERS226 wrote:

Also, a good point

+1. The first reason is %, although it is also normal there is a little difference simply due to genetics, like in many other sports. But there are doing great, the top 10 women are going faster than 99,99% of the boys !

|

7/4/2015 10:06 AM

akillerwombat wrote:

... maybe they're just smart enough to realize if they are as fast as a man that ignorant people will call them "dykes" and they opt to stay away.

Well i mean that is by far the best way to describe her. Tits smashed in tight, Buzz cut, wearing mans cloths and spoke with a deeper voice then i do! Me ignorant? Thanks grin

|

7/4/2015 10:06 AM

We're wired differently,hunters and gatherers man. It's dna

|

7/4/2015 10:07 AM

Steadman wrote:

This..... If the Williams sisters father started training them in MX instead of tennis at 5-6 years old Serena would have been making SX mains and consistant top 20 in pro MX.

Thats just one example.

|