Why can't Carson Brown get a real ride?

Brian_Finn
Edited Date/Time 2/16/2022 5:56pm
Been watching him for a couple years. Has speed but seems to be consistently overlooked...
|
2/14/2022 9:07am
before this year he has not really done anything pro racing wise other than awesome insta vids. But watch after this supercross season he will land a good ride.
TeamGreen
2/14/2022 9:09am
Psssst...

This year, this season, is his 1st real "run" at solid consistent results.

Also, many folks might be surprised by the quality and "level of support" that the AEO bikes get...

He's doing just fine and if he keeps it up, if he keeps progressing...?

He WILL get offers.

That's a few "ifs"...and it could happen.

I'm a believer.
kijen
2/14/2022 9:11am
I would be happy with his BBR rideSmile

The Shop

TeamGreen
2/14/2022 9:12am
Because he's slow.
Qualifying, lap times, lap charts & results seem to conflict with your response. If his progress in all 4 of the aforementioned available data/records don't make that obvious?

Well, then, I'll just leave you to your own devices.

I'm jus' sayin'...
bh
2/14/2022 9:19am
TeamGreen wrote:
Psssst... This year, this season, is his 1st real "run" at solid consistent results. Also, many folks might be surprised by the quality and "level of...
Psssst...

This year, this season, is his 1st real "run" at solid consistent results.

Also, many folks might be surprised by the quality and "level of support" that the AEO bikes get...

He's doing just fine and if he keeps it up, if he keeps progressing...?

He WILL get offers.

That's a few "ifs"...and it could happen.

I'm a believer.
Leftovers/last years factory engines right? Looks like a real solid program. Would be curious to see if it the exact same engine as last years factory bikes or if they are missing a few items (transmission mainly).
hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
2/14/2022 9:25am Edited Date/Time 2/14/2022 9:26am
I wonder if some of the factory teams shy away from riders who are always out play riding and stuff. Roger Decoster was losing his mind back when 199 was coming up and for good reason. While I'm sure most of the teams are all about working with speed, the sport has morphed into a more business like mentality and they invest in these riders like never before and they don't want their investment wadding themselves up while riding a 110 in the woods
JazzyJJ
2/14/2022 10:17am
Because he's slow.
TeamGreen wrote:
Qualifying, lap times, lap charts & results seem to conflict with your response. If his progress in all 4 of the aforementioned available data/records don't make...
Qualifying, lap times, lap charts & results seem to conflict with your response. If his progress in all 4 of the aforementioned available data/records don't make that obvious?

Well, then, I'll just leave you to your own devices.

I'm jus' sayin'...
Don’t argue with fools
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
2/14/2022 10:24am Edited Date/Time 2/14/2022 10:25am
I think until he gets consistent top 5's against factory riders and beats factory riders it won't happen.

He got 5th, but Nate Thrasher and Swoll DNF'd. Hunter Lawrence crashed out of 2nd and let's not forget that Nichols crashed out at A1. If those guys are all healthy they would most likely beat him, dropping him down to 9th. Nobody wants a factory rider that is consistently 8th-12th in a regional series. Thats like finishing 20th in a combined race, there are only so many spots, by my count 19 full factory rides in the 250 class. (Honda - 2, TLD - 2 ,Husq - 3, KTM -1, Kawi - 5, Yamaha - 6). If you include Bar X Suzuki it should be around 23 factory riders and I think at the end of the year, if they stay healthy they are all faster than Carson.

That is your answer.

bayodome
Fantasy
4305th
2/14/2022 10:29am
Carson is a very fast and very talented rider and I too would like to see him have a good shot at getting some good results. But the truth is, he's already had some opportunities on good equipment and so far hasn't wowed the people who make the big decisions.

His unique value is away from racing, his social media status, and his ability to go ridiculously fast on any dirt bike of any size, year or condition.

Also don't forget about attrition. Yes, he just had his best result ever, but so did half of the top 10 at A3 and that is because there are so many injured top level riders for 250SX West. By the end of the main event, Christian Craig was literally the only legitimate factory rider left on the track.

If you assume that most factory supported riders will be somewhere within the top 10 on any given race day, add them to a hypothetical "results sheet" and you can see where Carson and other riders would typically finish if everyone is healthy.

Shimoda, Lawrence, Thrasher, Nichols, Swoll and Hammaker are all factory dudes who DNS'ed of DNF'ed A3. Assume that those riders on average would finish in front of Brown, and that pushes his result back to 11th...not exactly what the factory teams are looking for. All that being said, Carson has a ton of talent and could mature into a consistent top 10 or even top 5 guy.
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
2/14/2022 10:39am
bayodome wrote:
Carson is a very fast and very talented rider and I too would like to see him have a good shot at getting some good results...
Carson is a very fast and very talented rider and I too would like to see him have a good shot at getting some good results. But the truth is, he's already had some opportunities on good equipment and so far hasn't wowed the people who make the big decisions.

His unique value is away from racing, his social media status, and his ability to go ridiculously fast on any dirt bike of any size, year or condition.

Also don't forget about attrition. Yes, he just had his best result ever, but so did half of the top 10 at A3 and that is because there are so many injured top level riders for 250SX West. By the end of the main event, Christian Craig was literally the only legitimate factory rider left on the track.

If you assume that most factory supported riders will be somewhere within the top 10 on any given race day, add them to a hypothetical "results sheet" and you can see where Carson and other riders would typically finish if everyone is healthy.

Shimoda, Lawrence, Thrasher, Nichols, Swoll and Hammaker are all factory dudes who DNS'ed of DNF'ed A3. Assume that those riders on average would finish in front of Brown, and that pushes his result back to 11th...not exactly what the factory teams are looking for. All that being said, Carson has a ton of talent and could mature into a consistent top 10 or even top 5 guy.
good catch forgot about Shimoda and Hammaker.
mxaaron
2/14/2022 10:57am
So the only reason he finished 5th is because of all of the guys who are better than him didn't finish?
TeamGreen
2/14/2022 10:59am
mxaaron wrote:
So the only reason he finished 5th is because of all of the guys who are better than him didn't finish?
I think a lot of us are realizing that HE finished and THEY didn’t. Also, he qualified pretty well (10th I think) during they say when everyone was still out there.
TeamGreen
2/14/2022 11:03am
bayodome wrote:
Carson is a very fast and very talented rider and I too would like to see him have a good shot at getting some good results...

This year he's had results since Oakland (A1 didn't go too well for him...).

A1: DNQ (Lost the tooth in that crash..."Vampire" pic is out there)
Oak: 13th
SD: 10th
A2: 6th
PHX: 8th
A3: 5th

In Qualifying...

A1: 13th
Oak: 15th
SD: 18th
A2: 18th
PHX: 11th
A3: 10th (The Attrition hadn't kicked in, yet...everyone was out there qualifying)

So, Carson's consistency is a bit better than his previous efforts and he's making mains (when he isn't losing teeth) with a much better "average position".

Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
2/14/2022 11:07am
the lsat two years he was JMC and was only pulling in finishes around 15th. nothing worth a PC ride.

He's good and this year he shows promise so hopefully he'll get picked up by another team
Mr. Afterbar
2/14/2022 11:10am
mxaaron wrote:
He got 5th because he got 5th. That's what he deserves. With that said, there were at least a few guys who almost always beat him that had bad races. And at least a few more who are out injured that beat him regularly. Add to that the West coast is slightly weak this year. There's probably 20 guys from the two coasts that are simply better. That's why he doesn't have a factory ride. I hope he does put something solid together for next year. He's a talented rider and I'll be pulling for him.
Ryan625
2/14/2022 11:41am
mxaaron wrote:
He got 5th because he got 5th. That's what he deserves. With that said, there were at least a few guys who almost always beat him...
He got 5th because he got 5th. That's what he deserves. With that said, there were at least a few guys who almost always beat him that had bad races. And at least a few more who are out injured that beat him regularly. Add to that the West coast is slightly weak this year. There's probably 20 guys from the two coasts that are simply better. That's why he doesn't have a factory ride. I hope he does put something solid together for next year. He's a talented rider and I'll be pulling for him.
Your first sentence is the way I see it. He got 5th. No way around it. He finished when others didn’t, and that’s why it is racing.
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2591st
2/14/2022 12:46pm
So what current factory rider in the 250 class are you cutting to put Carson Brown in?
Brian_Finn
2/14/2022 12:50pm
When I wrote "real ride" I meant not as a fill in for an injured rider. He's not factory level I get, but there are plenty of teams with older riders with similar results.
NSP139
2/14/2022 1:09pm
I'm curious what non-factory level team you think could give him a better bike?
JJO741
Fantasy
3037th
2/14/2022 1:26pm
AEO isn’t considered a real ride? Their bikes have looked pretty damn good overall and so has Brown.
jdsmooth
2/14/2022 1:39pm
His results are improving for two reasons- 1) it's a weaker field, no denying that. 2) He didn't have much of an off-season on that KTM. I think he was planning to do it on his own with a Yamaha package prior to getting the call from AEO. I wonder if his earlier results would have been stronger, even in a more complete field, if he had more time on the KTM prior to A1.
Looby321
2/14/2022 3:36pm
Browns AEO bike was recently on here and looked very well equipped.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
2/14/2022 3:59pm
mxaaron wrote:
Exactly, hey guys Brown sucks he only beat the guys on factory suspension that couldn’t handle the gnarliest whoops of the year…
DGE.532
2/14/2022 5:28pm
This is why I have a problem with Craig and Martin hangin around the 250 class forever. You had your shot, move up or gtfo, give these kids a chance!
2/14/2022 5:38pm
You hsve factory dudes getting beat by satellite teams and riders, <—— somethings seriously nkt right here.!.?.!
TeamGreen
2/14/2022 6:02pm
JJO741 wrote:
AEO isn’t considered a real ride? Their bikes have looked pretty damn good overall and so has Brown.
Combined with WATCHING the bike and rider out on the track & seeing -both- (bike and rider) doing really well and “improving” during the season.
Brent
2/14/2022 8:08pm
I know for a fact the motorcycles that Jeremy provides his riders are quite fast and well set up, they are backed directly by KTM USA.

Brown and Kelley are getting better every race, they are both talented kids.
Brent
2/14/2022 8:12pm
JazzyJJ wrote:
Don’t argue with fools
Exactly.

The chimps throwing poop here don’t deserve anyones time or response.

Post a reply to: Why can't Carson Brown get a real ride?

The Latest