Why are dirtbikes titled?

lumpy790
11/11/2020 3:50pm
lumpy790 wrote:
If you buy and finance you have to have a state title
ctbale wrote:
Where did you find that information? My buddy financed a $12,000 john deere, no title. Polaris lets you finance, no title. Here, I will answer the...
Where did you find that information? My buddy financed a $12,000 john deere, no title. Polaris lets you finance, no title.

Here, I will answer the op's question:.

Because the state you live in wants more money.

Come on, if your reply is that it proves ownership, yea it does, but so does an MSO or a sales receipt, bill of sale or possession is 90%>>>>>> bla bla bla
When I bought my YZ it was done with a loan through yamaha and the title was in 2 parts. They had one and I had one. When I paid it off they sent me the other half of the title and dmv made a new title in just my name.

Do you really think a finance company would give $$$$ and not have a legal way to re possess it? Same as a car.
yz133rider
11/11/2020 4:04pm
lumpy790 wrote:
If you buy and finance you have to have a state title
ctbale wrote:
Where did you find that information? My buddy financed a $12,000 john deere, no title. Polaris lets you finance, no title. Here, I will answer the...
Where did you find that information? My buddy financed a $12,000 john deere, no title. Polaris lets you finance, no title.

Here, I will answer the op's question:.

Because the state you live in wants more money.

Come on, if your reply is that it proves ownership, yea it does, but so does an MSO or a sales receipt, bill of sale or possession is 90%>>>>>> bla bla bla
lumpy790 wrote:
When I bought my YZ it was done with a loan through yamaha and the title was in 2 parts. They had one and I had...
When I bought my YZ it was done with a loan through yamaha and the title was in 2 parts. They had one and I had one. When I paid it off they sent me the other half of the title and dmv made a new title in just my name.

Do you really think a finance company would give $$$$ and not have a legal way to re possess it? Same as a car.
Yes I do, because you can finance tv’s, home gym equipment, rims for your car, bicycles, any number of things without needing a title.
AH387
11/13/2020 4:59am
Buy out of state and get the MSO. No sales tax paid if it isn’t titled.

Starve the beast (although this will take awhile).
I've bought many of my Yamahas at a dealer in Ohio. You get the certificate of origin and then if you want the PA title you have to send all of that in. Pretty nice to avoid all of that. However, a few times when I went to sell and the buyer actually wanted the title signed over, it is a pain in the ass to do. I had to send it that paper, the state had me contact the dealer for something (which was a few different phone calls to get that sorted out), then I paid my original MSRP taxes. Finally got all of that in the mail and then had to sign it back over to the next buyer. Thankfully that usually doesn't happen, but that was just 1 time when I wish I had just already had the PA title from the start.

The Shop

Post a reply to: Why are dirtbikes titled?

The Latest