Why are Bill’s Pipes not more popular?

dirtmike86
2/1/2018 11:39am
They're not as popular because of a few reasons. 1. They aren't distributed by RMATV. I don't have market share figures but I have to think...
They're not as popular because of a few reasons.

1. They aren't distributed by RMATV. I don't have market share figures but I have to think they move a lot of product these days.

2. Marketing: FMF sponsors the hell out of this sport and for better or worse, everybody runs their stuff or PC it seems like.

3. Sponsorship: I can't think of any SX or Outdoor teams that run Bill's stuff. Maybe I am mistaken? The only big name I can think of that is sponsored by them is Stank dawg.
SoCalMX70 wrote:
Cursory glance to the front page of Vital tells me HEP Suzuki is running Bill's. Wink
LOL thank you, I knew they had to be sponsoring somebody. Is this their first team? Anecdotally, I have Bill's on my Husky and I genuinely...
LOL thank you, I knew they had to be sponsoring somebody. Is this their first team?

Anecdotally, I have Bill's on my Husky and I genuinely don't think I'll buy FMF again, the difference in quality and performance is noticeable.
I believe they were on the BPR team last year. But that teams gone now.
chump6784
2/1/2018 1:58pm
We ran Bills pipes on our kx85's and kx125's back in the day. Didn't seem too bad.
It's funny reading through the 2 stroke pipe test dirt rider did back in 2003, Bills pipes weren't the highest rated pipe on any of the bikes tested. Seemed to fall off up top. Seems the newer pipes are a bit better though. I've seen good reviews on the newer ktm 2 strokes
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
2/1/2018 5:54pm
The choose the bills pipe and silencer on my 2013 250sx was unreal. So smooth.

I brought all three pipe set ups to the track (sand) FMF, pro circuit and bills. I decided on bills, for that bike.

One problem I had was the silencer did not last. Cores would break, went through 3 in one year. They replaced them and each one seemed to have a "redesign" but lacked one thing I thought was needed. Grommet isolators (rubber mounts), for vibration which the 2013 had PLENTY of.

I have a 2017 250sx and I bet the bills system would be great for it because the bike has very little vibration.
SoCalMX70
2/1/2018 6:26pm
Markee wrote:
The choose the bills pipe and silencer on my 2013 250sx was unreal. So smooth. I brought all three pipe set ups to the track (sand)...
The choose the bills pipe and silencer on my 2013 250sx was unreal. So smooth.

I brought all three pipe set ups to the track (sand) FMF, pro circuit and bills. I decided on bills, for that bike.

One problem I had was the silencer did not last. Cores would break, went through 3 in one year. They replaced them and each one seemed to have a "redesign" but lacked one thing I thought was needed. Grommet isolators (rubber mounts), for vibration which the 2013 had PLENTY of.

I have a 2017 250sx and I bet the bills system would be great for it because the bike has very little vibration.
The carbon MX2 silencer on my YZ utilizes the stock rubber grommet.

The Shop

Tom711
2/7/2018 12:55pm
Think I’ve figured out why they’re not more popular.
After no more than a couple of hours ride time the flange broke away from the pipe. I’ve contacted them and they suggested I send it back (I’m in uk so that’s not going to happen) for them to “see the pipe in person” and then they would repair with a new flange.
I’ll post pictures below, but the piece of steel that broke was 0.5mm thick!!! Safe to say this will be the first and last Bill’s pipe we run.

2/7/2018 1:02pm
Tom711 wrote:
Think I’ve figured out why they’re not more popular. After no more than a couple of hours ride time the flange broke away from the pipe...
After no more than a couple of hours ride time the flange broke away from the pipe. I’ve contacted them and they suggested I send it back (I’m in uk so that’s not going to happen) for them to “see the pipe in person” and then they would repair with a new flange.
I’ll post pictures below, but the piece of steel that broke was 0.5mm thick!!! Safe to say this will be the first and last Bill’s pipe we run.

What a bastard. That's why I'll only use what I can easily get hold of i.e..HGS on my YZ125
Tom711
2/7/2018 1:09pm
What a bastard. That's why I'll only use what I can easily get hold of i.e..HGS on my YZ125
I wish I had done now. I think it will be back to HGS for us in the future.
Mr. Info
2/7/2018 7:42pm
Saw Bill Sunday at Glen Helen working with a buddy on his KTM exhaust testing. Still going strong.
moto#52
2/8/2018 12:02am
I had a bills full system on my 2015 sx250, it gave good power but it just fell apart. Wouldn’t buy another
2/8/2018 12:45am
Tom711 wrote:
Think I’ve figured out why they’re not more popular. After no more than a couple of hours ride time the flange broke away from the pipe...

That is a freak occurrence! By my reckoning the steel should be 1.1mm thick, i reckon theres been some tooling issue there and an incorrect depth has been been machined for those o'rings.

If you're in the UK, where did you buy it from?
Doc Wob- Return it to him, its his problem, he's obliged to sort it out.

If you bought it direct from the USA- All warranty issues go back to where you bought it. Then realise that's the price for not supporting the UK market.

Tom711
2/8/2018 1:42am
That is a freak occurrence! By my reckoning the steel should be 1.1mm thick, i reckon theres been some tooling issue there and an incorrect depth...
That is a freak occurrence! By my reckoning the steel should be 1.1mm thick, i reckon theres been some tooling issue there and an incorrect depth has been been machined for those o'rings.

If you're in the UK, where did you buy it from?
Doc Wob- Return it to him, its his problem, he's obliged to sort it out.

If you bought it direct from the USA- All warranty issues go back to where you bought it. Then realise that's the price for not supporting the UK market.

It was bought from doc wob and I have contacted them about it. They said if I send it back to them they would repair it but couldn’t guarantee when I’d have it back. I genuinely don’t see why I should be the one to go out of my way to pack and post (at my expense) the exhaust back to them and then my lad not get out over the weekend because a product they’ve sold has dropped to bits after a ride and needs patching back together. I’ll have the pipe repaired locally and in the future be sure to spend my money elsewhere.
I had a problem with another brand pipe in the past, they sent me a new one out next day and the faulty one collected. Had Doc Wob/Bill’s sent me a new pipe (which I believe they should) this post would of been a lot different and maybe people wouldn’t have to worry about the quality of Bills pipes before purchasing one.
For anyone considering a Bill’s I’d suggest you look elsewhere. The quality of their pipes is poor with aftersales to match.
2/8/2018 4:59am
Tom711 wrote:
It was bought from doc wob and I have contacted them about it. They said if I send it back to them they would repair it...
It was bought from doc wob and I have contacted them about it. They said if I send it back to them they would repair it but couldn’t guarantee when I’d have it back. I genuinely don’t see why I should be the one to go out of my way to pack and post (at my expense) the exhaust back to them and then my lad not get out over the weekend because a product they’ve sold has dropped to bits after a ride and needs patching back together. I’ll have the pipe repaired locally and in the future be sure to spend my money elsewhere.
I had a problem with another brand pipe in the past, they sent me a new one out next day and the faulty one collected. Had Doc Wob/Bill’s sent me a new pipe (which I believe they should) this post would of been a lot different and maybe people wouldn’t have to worry about the quality of Bills pipes before purchasing one.
For anyone considering a Bill’s I’d suggest you look elsewhere. The quality of their pipes is poor with aftersales to match.
Hold up, hold up, hold up!
Your complaint is with the UK distributor- not Bill's. (failure issue aside)
Im confident Bill would look at your pipe and replace it, but likely he doesn't even know about your problem. The UK distributor should be trying harder for you- but cannot be bothered by the sounds of it.

Your contract was with Doc Wob. All warranty issues should be directed to him. If you're dissatisfied with the response you get, take it further- trading standards etc.. Wouldn't hurt to contact Bill Cervera direct and talk to him about your issues and your dealings with the UK distributor too. I bet you'll come back with a much more cheery response.
2/8/2018 5:01am
Ran bills on all my bikes growing up. Superminis and 125s then they died off. Glad to see them back.
Tom711
2/8/2018 7:22am
Hold up, hold up, hold up! Your complaint is with the UK distributor- not Bill's. (failure issue aside) Im confident Bill would look at your pipe...
Hold up, hold up, hold up!
Your complaint is with the UK distributor- not Bill's. (failure issue aside)
Im confident Bill would look at your pipe and replace it, but likely he doesn't even know about your problem. The UK distributor should be trying harder for you- but cannot be bothered by the sounds of it.

Your contract was with Doc Wob. All warranty issues should be directed to him. If you're dissatisfied with the response you get, take it further- trading standards etc.. Wouldn't hurt to contact Bill Cervera direct and talk to him about your issues and your dealings with the UK distributor too. I bet you'll come back with a much more cheery response.
I spoke with sales at Doc Wob’s initially and when they told me to return it for repair I emailed Bill’s to check they were the uk distributor and if how they planned to rectify the problem is as Bill’s themselves would expect. They confirmed they would repair the pipe with a new flange but would need to see the pipe in person before making a decision.
I’m confident the issue with the pipe is a one off as the rest of the pipe is put together and fits on the bike perfectly.
It’s just a shame Doc Wob and now Bill’s couldn’t deal with the problem a little better.
SW310
11/6/2018 4:48pm
TomC31 wrote:
Bills Pipes are amazing, i have worked with them for the last couple of years, i have been trying to get them more known here in...
Bills Pipes are amazing, i have worked with them for the last couple of years, i have been trying to get them more known here in Australia, they are a great product and great customer service, and they don't release something until it is perfect !
Tom I’m in OZ mate, hook a brother up ill happily run one on my FC350
Harv379
Fantasy
2029th
11/6/2018 5:17pm
I'd say marketing is the biggest reason. I had one of their pipes for my RM250 and it was awesome. Fit, finish and easier to ride...
I'd say marketing is the biggest reason. I had one of their pipes for my RM250 and it was awesome. Fit, finish and easier to ride, more roll on and control and faster laps type power.
Agreed. Horrible name of a performance company. Kills an otherwise great product.
Agreed, as dumb and real as it is, the name of the company never did it for me so I never looked twice at them. FMF, Pro Circuit, just the name and logo's in itself are way more appealing. I want to look at that on my bike, not "Bills Pipes". Just my .02
11/6/2018 9:08pm
I run a lot of bills pipes because they are practically the ONLY four stroke pipe you can buy that has excellent gains. And for me - they have had great support in product and ive had nearly no quality issues.

Many people arent aware when bills the company went away - they were still around welding stampings for other companies including PC

Its hard to be a player in this industry with lots of competition - and frankly relatively low sales numbers - but bills does killer stuff with real testing and r&d before a product is released.

Their current crf250r pipes are best ive tested vs competition, and yz250f system is only one Ive seen nice solid gains on vs the “big 3”

Their ktm 250f system is also a good performer vs whats most commonly used - and sounds wicked while at it

Their 2 Stroke stuff has always spoken for itself
SoCalMX70
11/6/2018 9:11pm
I'd say marketing is the biggest reason. I had one of their pipes for my RM250 and it was awesome. Fit, finish and easier to ride...
I'd say marketing is the biggest reason. I had one of their pipes for my RM250 and it was awesome. Fit, finish and easier to ride, more roll on and control and faster laps type power.
Agreed. Horrible name of a performance company. Kills an otherwise great product.
Harv379 wrote:
Agreed, as dumb and real as it is, the name of the company never did it for me so I never looked twice at them. FMF...
Agreed, as dumb and real as it is, the name of the company never did it for me so I never looked twice at them. FMF, Pro Circuit, just the name and logo's in itself are way more appealing. I want to look at that on my bike, not "Bills Pipes". Just my .02
Well then, I guess I know who NOT to take product advice from.
wydopen
8/9/2021 5:32am
Anyone have a phone # or email for bills? Don’t have social media so I can’t look at their Facebook or Instagram. Would
like a pipe for my RM250 and my sons 65
Mucktub
8/9/2021 5:59am
wydopen wrote:
Anyone have a phone # or email for bills? Don’t have social media so I can’t look at their Facebook or Instagram. Would like a pipe...
Anyone have a phone # or email for bills? Don’t have social media so I can’t look at their Facebook or Instagram. Would
Phone (951) 371-1329

Last pipe I bought for my RM250, I discussed it with a guy called Brandon, not sure if he is that Brandon.
B Lenny
8/9/2021 8:59am
Mucktub wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/01/31/241225/s1200_20150620_100628.jpg[/img] I love my Bills pipe, out of all the companies I had contact with when I bought it (nearly 3-yrs ago), they were the most...

I love my Bills pipe, out of all the companies I had contact with when I bought it (nearly 3-yrs ago), they were the most helpful. I got the full system.
Nice...Cool
dirtmike86
8/9/2021 3:43pm
wydopen wrote:
Anyone have a phone # or email for bills? Don’t have social media so I can’t look at their Facebook or Instagram. Would like a pipe...
Spudnut
8/9/2021 4:17pm
Because Instagram didn’t tell me to buy a bills bro!

Post a reply to: Why are Bill’s Pipes not more popular?

The Latest