Why Honda?

MBR
9/14/2018 11:11pm Edited Date/Time 9/14/2018 11:30pm
I have tested 8 different exhausts back to back on 2018 CRF450R and the single unit definitely had a negative effect on how the bike feels and handles. Also the power was not in par with top dual systems.
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
9/14/2018 11:18pm Edited Date/Time 9/14/2018 11:19pm
I asked MXA. They said it’s so you can add 1 tooth to the counter shaft and take 2 clicks out on the damper.

kiwifan
9/15/2018 12:14am
Ozzy wrote:
kiwifan Yes, when we were on Private Honda’s they were Pro Circuit & single exhaust the whole time like Production When we were on the New...
kiwifan
Yes, when we were on Private Honda’s
they were Pro Circuit & single exhaust the whole time like Production
When we were on the New Twin Honda’s which were Full Factory we had to run the duals.
oh thats right...thanks
H4L
9/15/2018 6:54am
MBR wrote:
I have tested 8 different exhausts back to back on 2018 CRF450R and the single unit definitely had a negative effect on how the bike feels...
I have tested 8 different exhausts back to back on 2018 CRF450R and the single unit definitely had a negative effect on how the bike feels and handles. Also the power was not in par with top dual systems.
It would be good to see dyno runs of the different exhausts on the 17-19 CRF450r's. I've talked to a couple of locals in the past who stated something similiar about the duals vs. single. This is going back to 13 + 450's.

The Shop

magoo1982
9/15/2018 6:54am Edited Date/Time 9/15/2018 7:58am
Ozzy wrote:
Fact: 2 is NOT better than 1 2 is NOT quieter than 1 2 DOESN’T make it handle better What it is: It’s MORE EXPENSIVE It’s...
Fact:
2 is NOT better than 1
2 is NOT quieter than 1
2 DOESN’T make it handle better
What it is:
It’s MORE EXPENSIVE
It’s Smoke & Mirrors
magoo1982 wrote:
Yes , when honda first brought xr s out they said 2 into 1 coming together close to exhaust ports made best power . also in...
Yes , when honda first brought xr s out they said 2 into 1 coming together close to exhaust ports made best power . also in 80s when Husky had dual exhaust, it was said to be not as good as 2 into 1 . I think u are correct more parts to break and sell for OEM ...
Mit12 wrote:
I guarantee you that the 2 port twin pipe head makes more power. You might not gain anything by having twin pipes all the way to...
I guarantee you that the 2 port twin pipe head makes more power. You might not gain anything by having twin pipes all the way to the back but the single port and head pipe for each valve will make more power.
Just going by info that their factory race teams used to put out after working with Branch , Axtell and Al Bakers info..to develop best power for their race teams .. think your saying what I am saying in different way . If u can find pics on net of team Honda xr 500/600 flattrack bikes or the original ATK 560 from late 80s they had the pipes I am talking about . coming together out of exhaust ports into 1 . after a lot of r&d they said that was best configuration powerwise .
yz133rider
9/15/2018 8:13am
MBR wrote:
I have tested 8 different exhausts back to back on 2018 CRF450R and the single unit definitely had a negative effect on how the bike feels...
the single had a negative effect on how it handled....thats hilarious....totally threw off the weight balance so tippy in corners now!! oh man how do all the other guys with singles even make a corner!?
Ozzy
9/15/2018 9:34am
TeamGreen
That’s flattering to hear??
Though I’m not sure who you are, Thx.
Seriously though...
I had tons of Help to say the least.
Pro Circuit was our Start, & we couldn’t have done it without them.
Then there’s my crew!!
All the Best Players a guy like me could ask for.
Chad & Ellie & Co., never wavered til the end, & that was just Business, it happens.
Most are still out there too.
Me, I’ve finally slowed it down.
TeamGreen
9/15/2018 11:42pm Edited Date/Time 9/15/2018 11:45pm
Ozzy wrote:
TeamGreen That’s flattering to hear?? Though I’m not sure who you are, Thx. Seriously though... I had tons of Help to say the least. Pro Circuit...
TeamGreen
That’s flattering to hear??
Though I’m not sure who you are, Thx.
Seriously though...
I had tons of Help to say the least.
Pro Circuit was our Start, & we couldn’t have done it without them.
Then there’s my crew!!
All the Best Players a guy like me could ask for.
Chad & Ellie & Co., never wavered til the end, & that was just Business, it happens.
Most are still out there too.
Me, I’ve finally slowed it down.
I'm one of the guys that made sure you got the odd carbon-fiber or titanium bit that you needed to make the bike right for him. This was around the time you'd figured out that a hydraulic clutch was needed/was more "durable"...

My favorite part we made for you was the red Kevlar/Carbon silencer end caps.

Btw, spent tonight as Josh Hill's mechanic. It made me appreciate how much work y'all put into making a night at the races go as smoothly as you did.

kiwifan
9/16/2018 2:23am
MBR wrote:
yz133rider wrote:
the single had a negative effect on how it handled....thats hilarious....totally threw off the weight balance so tippy in corners now!! oh man how do all...
the single had a negative effect on how it handled....thats hilarious....totally threw off the weight balance so tippy in corners now!! oh man how do all the other guys with singles even make a corner!?
You have obviously no idea who the MBR guys are....if you did you would not be questioning their finding. Taking the piss out of them isnt helping you either.
9/16/2018 3:48am
Having rode my 17 450 with both the stock duals and fmf single system I can confirm it’s fast regardless. I do like the torque the single produces. Could be more of the headpipe I’m feeling.

I think mapping is much more noticeable.
wildbill
9/16/2018 9:57pm
kiwifan wrote:
You have obviously no idea who the MBR guys are....if you did you would not be questioning their finding. Taking the piss out of them isnt...
You have obviously no idea who the MBR guys are....if you did you would not be questioning their finding. Taking the piss out of them isnt helping you either.
Some here might not know who that OZZY cat is either. I enjoy how the truly educated show up and share, whether I know who they are or not. Threads like this rule. Smile

Post a reply to: Why Honda?

The Latest