Why Bubba will beat Dungey or Dungey beat Bubba

ab5772
8/7/2010 11:01am
TannerMxer wrote:
Dungey is beating people by simply being more fit and not 3-4 seconds a lap faster. He has been waiting for everyone to get tired around...
Dungey is beating people by simply being more fit and not 3-4 seconds a lap faster. He has been waiting for everyone to get tired around 15-20 minutes and by then he is still going just as fast. He hasn't had to face someone who can sprint and go as fast as James.

Yeah, Dungey's got a streak, but he isn't gapping the field by 20+ seconds in 10 minutes and then pacing himself like Stewart did in his perfect season. I think Dungey is mentally and physically ready, but I think pure speed, he just doesn't have that speed that made Stewart legendary already.
Dungey is doing the opposite - he's pacing himself for 10 minutes and then gapping the field by 20+ seconds. Smile

I'm excited. Should be a good one!
raddad
8/7/2010 11:30am
TannerMxer wrote:
Dungey is beating people by simply being more fit and not 3-4 seconds a lap faster. He has been waiting for everyone to get tired around...
Dungey is beating people by simply being more fit and not 3-4 seconds a lap faster. He has been waiting for everyone to get tired around 15-20 minutes and by then he is still going just as fast. He hasn't had to face someone who can sprint and go as fast as James.

Yeah, Dungey's got a streak, but he isn't gapping the field by 20+ seconds in 10 minutes and then pacing himself like Stewart did in his perfect season. I think Dungey is mentally and physically ready, but I think pure speed, he just doesn't have that speed that made Stewart legendary already.
ab5772 wrote:
Dungey is doing the opposite - he's pacing himself for 10 minutes and then gapping the field by 20+ seconds. :) I'm excited. Should be a...
Dungey is doing the opposite - he's pacing himself for 10 minutes and then gapping the field by 20+ seconds. Smile

I'm excited. Should be a good one!
Exactly, its why RD is not on the ground as much as say, a rider that rides like its the last ride of his life the first 10 minutes and eats it once in a while doing so. I Think RD's strategy is much more sensible really. If this was local racing then yes its a sprint but to let things come to you by riding fast enough to run down those ahead of you one at a time if you do not get a hole shot is not so stupid really and seems to be working. Smile

I say they tie, coming across the line at the exact same time both motos!
RMZ819
8/7/2010 11:50am
level wrote:
Dungey will hold back because he doesn't want to risk championship and has a sizeable lead. On the other hand Stewart is just coming back and...
Dungey will hold back because he doesn't want to risk championship and has a sizeable lead.

On the other hand Stewart is just coming back and doesn't want to push it because he doesn't want to get hurt before SX and is not in the championship hunt.

Going to be interesting to see how it plays out if they race this year outdoors.
Theres nothing interesting about it. Stewart is racing to destroy these guys. And he will. Dungey is not even in the same game as Stewart.

IMO, RV is the only guy that has the sack to try and hang. If RV and Stewart ever got out together RV would give it his best and crash out.. Thats how RV rolls. He is not afraid to crash.. Dungey on the other hand?
Cook441
8/7/2010 12:00pm
level wrote:
Dungey will hold back because he doesn't want to risk championship and has a sizeable lead. On the other hand Stewart is just coming back and...
Dungey will hold back because he doesn't want to risk championship and has a sizeable lead.

On the other hand Stewart is just coming back and doesn't want to push it because he doesn't want to get hurt before SX and is not in the championship hunt.

Going to be interesting to see how it plays out if they race this year outdoors.
RMZ819 wrote:
Theres nothing interesting about it. Stewart is racing to destroy these guys. And he will. Dungey is not even in the same game as Stewart. IMO...
Theres nothing interesting about it. Stewart is racing to destroy these guys. And he will. Dungey is not even in the same game as Stewart.

IMO, RV is the only guy that has the sack to try and hang. If RV and Stewart ever got out together RV would give it his best and crash out.. Thats how RV rolls. He is not afraid to crash.. Dungey on the other hand?
Dude you tried to say that same shizzle last year around late DEC 09 and I am pretty sure RD had you silenced after A1...not the greatest learner are you?

The Shop

8/7/2010 12:04pm
Bubba never hit the ground once in 08, jus sayn...and was the only 450 rider to beat the Goat out doors, and went 13-3 again the Goat and Reed for 07 sx title...GOOD LUCK with that DingyLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
8/7/2010 12:04pm Edited Date/Time 8/7/2010 12:05pm
Bubba never hit the ground once in 08, jus sayn...and was the only 450 rider to beat the Goat out doors, and went 13-3 again the Goat and Reed for 07 sx title...GOOD LUCK with that DingyLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
Cook441
8/7/2010 12:13pm
level wrote:

Pretty sure RD was waxing CR this summer who by the way is loosing the #1 plate to the rookie- BT101 who has shown speed the likes of RV, MA and many others...matter of fact I would say RD has had more comp this year than JS did when he finally got his MX championship looking at stats and past champions- As for SX...RD came out swinging and not only matched JS in the speed dept but was slightly faster until JS crashed himself out(black and white fact)....I think James is gonna find the comp a little harder to get6 around on these smooth tracksIMO-
RMZ819
8/7/2010 12:14pm
level wrote:

RMZ819 wrote:
Theres nothing interesting about it. Stewart is racing to destroy these guys. And he will. Dungey is not even in the same game as Stewart. IMO...

Cook441 wrote:
Dude you tried to say that same shizzle last year around late DEC 09 and I am pretty sure RD had you silenced after A1...not the...
Dude you tried to say that same shizzle last year around late DEC 09 and I am pretty sure RD had you silenced after A1...not the greatest learner are you?
Kid, Just watch a little bit of Stewart from 08 and then watch RD this yr . If you don't see the difference in speed then are blind. How many times has anyone raced Stewart tough other than RC in his career outdoors? Now ask yourself the same question about Dungey. Then again don't!!! I will answer it for you. Grant, Short or the Dub are not running Stewart tough for 2 corners let a lone making a pass on him. Dungey on the other hand?? Those guys have have been there done that. Dungey is great but not special.
Cook441
8/7/2010 12:19pm Edited Date/Time 8/7/2010 12:27pm
RMZ819 wrote:

Cook441 wrote:
Dude you tried to say that same shizzle last year around late DEC 09 and I am pretty sure RD had you silenced after A1...not the...
RMZ819 wrote:
Kid, Just watch a little bit of Stewart from 08 and then watch RD this yr . If you don't see the difference in speed then...
Kid, Just watch a little bit of Stewart from 08 and then watch RD this yr . If you don't see the difference in speed then are blind. How many times has anyone raced Stewart tough other than RC in his career outdoors? Now ask yourself the same question about Dungey. Then again don't!!! I will answer it for you. Grant, Short or the Dub are not running Stewart tough for 2 corners let a lone making a pass on him. Dungey on the other hand?? Those guys have have been there done that. Dungey is great but not special.
this is 2010...things change...tracks riders etc...just ask Reed his thoughts on this
Cook441
8/7/2010 12:21pm
Karma wrote:
Bubba never hit the ground once in 08, jus sayn...and was the only 450 rider to beat the Goat out doors, and went 13-3 again the...
lots of people beat the GOAT outdoors...just not consistently.
8/7/2010 12:41pm Edited Date/Time 8/7/2010 12:42pm
level wrote:

Cook441 wrote:
Pretty sure RD was waxing CR this summer who by the way is loosing the #1 plate to the rookie- BT101 who has shown speed the...
Pretty sure RD was waxing CR this summer who by the way is loosing the #1 plate to the rookie- BT101 who has shown speed the likes of RV, MA and many others...matter of fact I would say RD has had more comp this year than JS did when he finally got his MX championship looking at stats and past champions- As for SX...RD came out swinging and not only matched JS in the speed dept but was slightly faster until JS crashed himself out(black and white fact)....I think James is gonna find the comp a little harder to get6 around on these smooth tracksIMO-
CR won his #! plate sans 4 and 7, and switched from his bitchin zook to a unfamiliar Kaw, became a dad, and had epstien virus...as for Sx Dingy didnt beat 7 once, so, um how does that translate into RD being slightly faster? Yeah he gave 7 a surprise run after Stew put it into cruise control, so he had a good run at Anahiem I, but the first sx race means nothing as everyone knows. As RC always said, you can't win the title at A1 but you can lose it. And what does the fact that the competion will be harder on smooth tracks, it says 7's talent level is far superior. He kills everyone on a man's track.
Give it up Cooky.
Cook441
8/7/2010 12:51pm Edited Date/Time 8/14/2010 12:51pm
level wrote:

Cook441 wrote:
Pretty sure RD was waxing CR this summer who by the way is loosing the #1 plate to the rookie- BT101 who has shown speed the...
Karma wrote:
CR won his #! plate sans 4 and 7, and switched from his bitchin zook to a unfamiliar Kaw, became a dad, and had epstien virus...as...
CR won his #! plate sans 4 and 7, and switched from his bitchin zook to a unfamiliar Kaw, became a dad, and had epstien virus...as for Sx Dingy didnt beat 7 once, so, um how does that translate into RD being slightly faster? Yeah he gave 7 a surprise run after Stew put it into cruise control, so he had a good run at Anahiem I, but the first sx race means nothing as everyone knows. As RC always said, you can't win the title at A1 but you can lose it. And what does the fact that the competion will be harder on smooth tracks, it says 7's talent level is far superior. He kills everyone on a man's track.
Give it up Cooky.
People keep using speed as some sort of defense and at A1 RD had faster speed(lap times) Thats all- RD is a rookie accomplishing things only the greats of our sport have done...Things that JS himself could not do and yet somehow his victories are hollow? I watched RD battle to the 10th of seconds with RV he earned that SX championship over and over the old fashioned way through hard work and consistency-

Iam trying to be the other side of the coin- everyone talks about 08 what if its like 05 (or was it 06?)where JS starts getting beat and pulls off with stomache cramps remember that?
8/7/2010 1:39pm
alright cookster, good debate now i am going riding myself, we will know that answer in 7 days....yes 7 Silly
Onderhond
8/7/2010 2:22pm
Bubba said it before, and he'll say it again; "I'll die trying to win!"
observer
8/7/2010 2:46pm
James Stewart is faster than Ryan Dungey, Period. (IMO)
Ryan is a ROOKIE in the 450 class. People seem to forget that.
But he's got a ways to go before he attains the JS and RC legendary status.

Dungey will use this serving of "humble pie"(barring a complete SHOCKER)for fuel
to better himself, reach deeper to extract all he can from himself to beat Stewart.

Dungey has time on his side...James does NOT. The day WILL come.
Cook441
8/14/2010 12:53pm
Cook441 wrote:
Karma wrote:
CR won his #! plate sans 4 and 7, and switched from his bitchin zook to a unfamiliar Kaw, became a dad, and had epstien virus...as...
Give it up Cooky.
Cook441 wrote:
People keep using speed as some sort of defense and at A1 RD had faster speed(lap times) Thats all- RD is a rookie accomplishing things only...
People keep using speed as some sort of defense and at A1 RD had faster speed(lap times) Thats all- RD is a rookie accomplishing things only the greats of our sport have done...Things that JS himself could not do and yet somehow his victories are hollow? I watched RD battle to the 10th of seconds with RV he earned that SX championship over and over the old fashioned way through hard work and consistency-

Iam trying to be the other side of the coin- everyone talks about 08 what if its like 05 (or was it 06?)where JS starts getting beat and pulls off with stomache cramps remember that?
doh! read the last sentence and lt me know if you hooligans need any predictions on your lotto numbers

Post a reply to: Why Bubba will beat Dungey or Dungey beat Bubba

The Latest