Who’s up for hanging with the CR22 team in ‘18?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/1/2017 6:48 AM

Would be a super badass experience if you had the cash flow.

|

Race Bike: 2018 KTM 350SXF

Other Bikes: 1985 CR80R, 1990 CR250R, 1998 PW80, Yeti SB130LR.

Sold: 2016 YZ250F, 2012 CRF250R

12/1/2017 6:49 AM

Indymxer wrote:

Money grab. Sad.

Agree. Isn't he the winning-st rider of all time when it comes to salary & bonuses ?
As an accomplished rider you would think he would want to give back to the fans (especially the young ones), so they can have an experience of a lifetime at a more affordable price. Most people or families don't have $1,200 to spend on an a 1 day event. Just my $.02...

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

12/1/2017 6:53 AM

I think the price is about right my only concern would be how into it Chad will be.

This is not a dig on Chad but He is pretty amp'd up on race day's and seems to get annoyed at these type of distractions.

The only other question would be how many VIP's will they allow ?

|

12/1/2017 6:55 AM

TXDirt wrote:

If you got the money sounds like it would be fun. Imagine taking your young son there and having that great up close ...more

True shit man. Somebody’s kid would remember that forever. Hope somebody and their kid goes and enjoys this.

|

12/1/2017 7:00 AM

So what, that's 16 VIP packages at $1,200 per event, that's $19,200 times 17 rounds = $326,400. Nice lil earner right there, and even though it's not really affordable to the middle class it's still one hell of an experience. If I had that kind of money I wouldn't hesitate.

|

12/1/2017 7:08 AM

craigathan404 wrote:

The idea sounds awesome but $1200 bucks doesn’t sound awesome.

I’ve had my AMA credentials before and while roaming the pits ...more

Experiences over assets anyday!

|

12/1/2017 7:12 AM

$1,200 per person gets:

Signed Chad Reed Fox Jersey
Track walk with all the riders and teams
Watch Practice and qualifying from the Press Box with CR22 crew
Access to the CR22 Rig & hospitality area with free food and drinks
Opportunity to meet the CR22 race team and talk with Chad
CR22 swag package from Chad's sponsors
Premium stadium seats for the main events and industry pit access

That's a pretty fair price. Many industry people will never be able to have access to the CR22 Rig on race day no matter how important they are, so it's a good opportunity all things considered. It's right in line with the cost of other similar motorsport VIP day packages.

|

12/1/2017 7:13 AM

Tim507 wrote:

$1200 is it a bit over the top or not, great question. I know this, I've thrown my email out there and I will sign up for one ...more

Agreed. We can all have money, but we aint got a lot of time!

|

12/1/2017 7:13 AM

Bands do this a lot now. Metallica comes to mind. The more you pay the more you can interact with them. I guess it’s cool. Idk if $1200 is worth it. Good lord.

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

12/1/2017 7:15 AM

Indymxer wrote:

Money grab. Sad.

Bastard, he's trying to make money off of racing supercross. That's why I like NASCAR, they would never do something like that.

|

12/1/2017 7:22 AM

Indymxer wrote:

Money grab. Sad.

RandyS wrote:

Bastard, he's trying to make money off of racing supercross. That's why I like NASCAR, they would never do something like ...more

Went to a couple of Nascar races at the Sonoma race track & got to experience something similiar with Jeff Gordon at a fraction of the cost.

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

12/1/2017 7:28 AM

|

12/1/2017 7:29 AM

Do you have to sign a contract agreeing to never sell the signed jersey?

|

12/1/2017 7:40 AM

Feedback should be interesting after the first few...

|

12/1/2017 7:40 AM

Spydee wrote:

So what, that's 16 VIP packages at $1,200 per event, that's $19,200 times 17 rounds = $326,400. Nice lil earner right there, ...more

I'm sure this is a way to try and pay for operation expenses. Pretty smart.

|

Did i do that?

12/1/2017 7:48 AM

Indymxer wrote:

Money grab. Sad.

How is it a money grab?

It’s called capitalism and a business and it’s friggen awesome... I wish I was in a position to do the same thing. I would bet he sells out every round and their will be a bunch of happy fans. If he doesn’t he will make adjustments to his business model to optimize his gains.

You probably don’t think it’s “fair” that some people can and will afford it... feel the Bern!!!!

|

2021 KTM 350 SXF
2006 KX250

12/1/2017 7:49 AM

Sounds like a great time to me. But I better be invited to the after party also.

|

12/1/2017 7:50 AM

super nice people to hang out with. Its worth it for sure! I got to do track walk last year with him and Ellie, genuinely nice people. Wish supercross came back to Canada again

|

12/1/2017 7:53 AM

Can you imagine if 22 wins a couple and the experience of team winning after the win? Price sounds reasonable to me.

|

12/1/2017 7:57 AM

Indymxer wrote:

Money grab. Sad.

H4L wrote:

Agree. Isn't he the winning-st rider of all time when it comes to salary & bonuses ?
As an accomplished rider you would ...more

By design, this isn't for "most people or families." The fans aren't entitled to have the "experience of a lifetime at a more affordable price" just because Chad is an accomplished rider. What is "affordable" anyways?

Easy prediction: Chad will sell out every round.

|

12/1/2017 7:57 AM

BobbyM wrote:

Can you imagine if 22 wins a couple and the experience of team winning after the win? Price sounds reasonable to me.

That's exactly what I was thinking Bobby. Imagine being there if he gets on the box or wins.

Or hell, even just looking back and saying I was there with Chad during one of his last years. Tempting.

|

12/1/2017 8:07 AM

Indymxer wrote:

Money grab. Sad.

H4L wrote:

He doesn't have a ride for this year and wants to race and be competitive. How much money does that take? We all know the purse money is a joke and won't cover the bikes, equipment, staff, testify, travel, fuel, gear, parts, testing, fees etc

Perfect way to help cover some of the fees of getting himself a competitive bike to the races all season...

|

12/1/2017 8:09 AM

People on Vital complaining about the cost of... anything? Color me fucking shocked!

|

12/1/2017 8:10 AM

Spydee wrote:

So what, that's 16 VIP packages at $1,200 per event, that's $19,200 times 17 rounds = $326,400. Nice lil earner right there, ...more

Travis_Hudson wrote:

Yeah I reckon so too, and it's a good way of giving back to the fans as well for an opportunity like that. Who knows, 2018 could be his last year as a competitor in the sport so what a unique opportunity it would be!

|

12/1/2017 8:21 AM

What they should do is have a drawing for one of the spots each week, keep people coming to his website hopefully buying stuff. Start signups for the following week on Sunday morning after the race.

|

12/1/2017 8:26 AM

Spydee wrote:

Travis_Hudson wrote:

Spydee wrote:

Yeah I reckon so too, and it's a good way of giving back to the fans as well for an opportunity like that. Who knows, 2018 ...more

It's definitely a great idea. Love to know the banter of other riders and teams what there thoughts are.. Probably mostly positive Only thing 16 random people doing a track walk hitting up other riders for autographs whilst there sussing the track out, could get a bit awkward with some.

|

12/1/2017 8:27 AM

Indymxer wrote:

Money grab. Sad.

H4L wrote:

Let's look at it from another angle, if it's $200 who wouldn't sign up for it?? Now something else has to determine who can and can't go. Who buys first? Still favors wealthy folks, it's hard to find deals when you're busting your ass 60 hours a week just to keep the bills paid and kids fed. Life is easier for the wealthy, just the way it goes.

|

12/1/2017 8:38 AM

|

I was G before the "moto drive" to Vital

12/1/2017 8:47 AM

BobbyM wrote:

TriRacer27 wrote:

That's exactly what I was thinking Bobby. Imagine being there if he gets on the box or wins.

Or hell, even just looking back ...more

Wins what? Lol

|

12/1/2017 8:49 AM

The kids that line up here, they're Dad's aren't showing up in 10 year old pickup trucks to get them to the race. They'' ll have plenty of takers for that deal. I think it'd be a great experience.
Photo

|

I was G before the "moto drive" to Vital