Who’s up for hanging with the CR22 team in ‘18?

Big Tex27
12/1/2017 9:07am
Just try renting a suite at cowboys stadium, It's a lot more than that. Just for premium seating for my wife and me it cost $400 for tickets, $100-$150 in beer, $50 in food, $40 for parking. That comes at around $600-$650. So in the end its really not that bad for what your getting.
BobPA
12/1/2017 9:10am
yz133rider wrote:
He doesn't have a ride for this year and wants to race and be competitive. How much money does that take? We all know the purse...
He doesn't have a ride for this year and wants to race and be competitive. How much money does that take? We all know the purse money is a joke and won't cover the bikes, equipment, staff, testify, travel, fuel, gear, parts, testing, fees etc

Perfect way to help cover some of the fees of getting himself a competitive bike to the races all season...
How much is it to testify?
Jt$
12/1/2017 9:10am
Spydee wrote:
Yeah I reckon so too, and it's a good way of giving back to the fans as well for an opportunity like that. Who knows, 2018...
Yeah I reckon so too, and it's a good way of giving back to the fans as well for an opportunity like that. Who knows, 2018 could be his last year as a competitor in the sport so what a unique opportunity it would be!
Dougy1 wrote:
It's definitely a great idea. Love to know the banter of other riders and teams what there thoughts are.. Probably mostly positive Only thing 16 random...
It's definitely a great idea. Love to know the banter of other riders and teams what there thoughts are.. Probably mostly positive Only thing 16 random people doing a track walk hitting up other riders for autographs whilst there sussing the track out, could get a bit awkward with some.
did I miss the part where is says there will be 16 people PER ROUND? No way thats the case. I believe the JT$/Butler Bros. fan...
did I miss the part where is says there will be 16 people PER ROUND? No way thats the case.

I believe the JT$/Butler Bros. fan experience is limited to 2 fans per round? I would assume Chads is as well. They're not getting 16 random people into the press box c'mon guys Grinning
We have done this with our team for a long time. Chad has wanted to do this in the past and even asked me to do it for Two Two a couple of years ago but I wasn't willing to leave Forrest and his team considering it was their idea to begin with. Loyalty is big for me.

They won't have 16 people per round but it will definitely be more than 2.
NorCal 50+
12/1/2017 9:19am
If all the riders started doing this, I wonder if Feld would be cool with it.

The Shop

Spydee
12/1/2017 9:26am
Spydee wrote:
Yeah I reckon so too, and it's a good way of giving back to the fans as well for an opportunity like that. Who knows, 2018...
Yeah I reckon so too, and it's a good way of giving back to the fans as well for an opportunity like that. Who knows, 2018 could be his last year as a competitor in the sport so what a unique opportunity it would be!
Dougy1 wrote:
It's definitely a great idea. Love to know the banter of other riders and teams what there thoughts are.. Probably mostly positive Only thing 16 random...
It's definitely a great idea. Love to know the banter of other riders and teams what there thoughts are.. Probably mostly positive Only thing 16 random people doing a track walk hitting up other riders for autographs whilst there sussing the track out, could get a bit awkward with some.
did I miss the part where is says there will be 16 people PER ROUND? No way thats the case. I believe the JT$/Butler Bros. fan...
did I miss the part where is says there will be 16 people PER ROUND? No way thats the case.

I believe the JT$/Butler Bros. fan experience is limited to 2 fans per round? I would assume Chads is as well. They're not getting 16 random people into the press box c'mon guys Grinning
I thought I saw it say "at least 16 people" in the email Tobz posted earlier but going back now looks like I just made that up in my head, my bad - when I think about it now that does seem a little ridiculous Laughing
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
12/1/2017 9:28am
NorCal 50+ wrote:
This was my thought. How is Team 22 getting the track walk access? Presumably there's an AMA credential or a Feld guest pass involved, either of which require approval by those bodies. Chad technically cannot promise track access to anyone, although I doubt he'll have a problem greasing the wheels.
If Ronnie Stewart wanted to do this for his 58 supporters in section 47A, I bet Feld would have a shizfit.

I just thought of another thing: what if Chad's guests want to drink a Rockstar and take pictures with something other than a GoPro?
Indymxer
12/1/2017 9:48am
Indymxer wrote:
Money grab. Sad.
H4L wrote:
Agree. Isn't he the winning-st rider of all time when it comes to salary & bonuses ? As an accomplished rider you would think he would...
Agree. Isn't he the winning-st rider of all time when it comes to salary & bonuses ?
As an accomplished rider you would think he would want to give back to the fans (especially the young ones), so they can have an experience of a lifetime at a more affordable price. Most people or families don't have $1,200 to spend on an a 1 day event. Just my $.02...
yz133rider wrote:
He doesn't have a ride for this year and wants to race and be competitive. How much money does that take? We all know the purse...
He doesn't have a ride for this year and wants to race and be competitive. How much money does that take? We all know the purse money is a joke and won't cover the bikes, equipment, staff, testify, travel, fuel, gear, parts, testing, fees etc

Perfect way to help cover some of the fees of getting himself a competitive bike to the races all season...
So it's an investment model then? That's fine. Give me a return on his winnings then. Oh yeah, there won't be any.
BobbyM
12/1/2017 10:06am
Fucking bitch and moan... Vital pecker pilots can shit on anything.
BobbyM
12/1/2017 10:07am
NorCal 50+ wrote:
Falcon wrote:
This was my thought. How is Team 22 getting the track walk access? Presumably there's an AMA credential or a Feld guest pass involved, either of...
This was my thought. How is Team 22 getting the track walk access? Presumably there's an AMA credential or a Feld guest pass involved, either of which require approval by those bodies. Chad technically cannot promise track access to anyone, although I doubt he'll have a problem greasing the wheels.
If Ronnie Stewart wanted to do this for his 58 supporters in section 47A, I bet Feld would have a shizfit.

I just thought of another thing: what if Chad's guests want to drink a Rockstar and take pictures with something other than a GoPro?
Maybe feld is behind this... Maybe it's their business model.
mauidex
12/1/2017 10:45am
BobbyM wrote:
Maybe feld is behind this... Maybe it's their business model.
and if they aint, and it is working, you can bet your ass they'll be in for a cut soon!!!!!WinkWink
MeTed
Fantasy
1230th
12/1/2017 11:10am
For $500 I'll let you be my pit crew for 1 round of my local hare-scramble series.
Any takers?
ACBraap
Fantasy
564th
12/1/2017 11:22am
mikec265 wrote:
For $1200 it should be better than the Nitro Circus VIP pass, but more of a ripoff.
My girlfriend spent 800 on superbowl tickets. I'd rate a day at supercross as more than 50% better than any stick and ball sport. But I wouldn't pay that much for either event.

Now, if there was a way to sponsor a privateer for the day for $500 and spend the day actually helping them, I could get into that.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
12/1/2017 11:28am
If I had the money, I’d do it. Fair deal to me.
12/1/2017 11:31am
Do you guys think the price difference between the CR22 deal and JT deal is worth the extra $500.00?

haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
12/1/2017 12:08pm
Indymxer wrote:
So it's an investment model then? That's fine. Give me a return on his winnings then. Oh yeah, there won't be any.
If its to expensive for you then don't do it.
If you don't think its good value then don't do it.
If it doesn't interest you then don't do it
If you hate Chads guts then don't do it.

Just don't come on here bitching and moaning about something that clearly was never on your radar and obviously not aimed at you in the first place. There will be people who love this idea and will happily pay what he's asking and then some. Your just not one of those people.
tkimb
12/1/2017 2:58pm
Indymxer wrote:
Money grab. Sad.
H4L wrote:
Agree. Isn't he the winning-st rider of all time when it comes to salary & bonuses ? As an accomplished rider you would think he would...
Agree. Isn't he the winning-st rider of all time when it comes to salary & bonuses ?
As an accomplished rider you would think he would want to give back to the fans (especially the young ones), so they can have an experience of a lifetime at a more affordable price. Most people or families don't have $1,200 to spend on an a 1 day event. Just my $.02...
colintrax wrote:
Let's look at it from another angle, if it's $200 who wouldn't sign up for it?? Now something else has to determine who can and can't...
Let's look at it from another angle, if it's $200 who wouldn't sign up for it?? Now something else has to determine who can and can't go. Who buys first? Still favors wealthy folks, it's hard to find deals when you're busting your ass 60 hours a week just to keep the bills paid and kids fed. Life is easier for the wealthy, just the way it goes.
Agree with Colin, when something has a capacity and is almost guaranteed to be full, businesses/owners increase the price and problem "somewhat" solved. Even parking lots do it, if it was $100 for a spot all year it would sell out in seconds and have a waiting list a mile long, make it $500 instead and it won't sell out so fast, but very likely still will.
mxb2
12/1/2017 3:05pm
Indymxer wrote:
haydos25 wrote:
If its to expensive for you then don't do it. If you don't think its good value then don't do it. If it doesn't interest you...

Just don't come on here bitching and moaning about something that clearly was never on your radar and obviously not aimed at you in the first place. There will be people who love this idea and will happily pay what he's asking and then some. Your just not one of those people.
Perfect.
Squitlege
12/1/2017 3:10pm
How many Monster betties do I get to take home for my $1200 tho? Silly
agn5009
12/1/2017 3:11pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I'd do it , so I could just hang out with Ellie haha!

I know , I know....so fucking wrong.
It ain't wrong if it's true.
agn5009
12/1/2017 3:17pm
mikec265 wrote:
For $1200 it should be better than the Nitro Circus VIP pass, but more of a ripoff.
ACBraap wrote:
My girlfriend spent 800 on superbowl tickets. I'd rate a day at supercross as more than 50% better than any stick and ball sport. But I...
My girlfriend spent 800 on superbowl tickets. I'd rate a day at supercross as more than 50% better than any stick and ball sport. But I wouldn't pay that much for either event.

Now, if there was a way to sponsor a privateer for the day for $500 and spend the day actually helping them, I could get into that.
Well most don't think like you. Comparing the Superbowl to a SX race is just plain dumb. It's all supply and demand. Millions upon millions of people would LOVE to go to a Superbowl. Thousands want to go to a supercross race. A couple dozen will want to spend money to hang with the 22 crew.

What it comes down to is if you've got the money and want to do it then fantastic. If you've got the money and don't want to do it then fantastic. If you don't have the money and want to do it then sucks to be you.
Tim507
12/1/2017 3:27pm Edited Date/Time 12/1/2017 4:15pm
The $1200 impinges my budget for sure! However I've been exchanging emails all morning. One more step and I'm confirmed for A2.

Life is short my friends.......

A2 is sold out......still exchanging emails....

Indymxer
12/1/2017 4:57pm
Indymxer wrote:
haydos25 wrote:
If its to expensive for you then don't do it. If you don't think its good value then don't do it. If it doesn't interest you...

Learn how to spell.
vetmxr
12/1/2017 5:29pm Edited Date/Time 12/1/2017 5:33pm
Hell its worth that just to have insider access where the other sheep don't. I haven't gone to a national in a few years but if I ever go to a national again I plan on buying JT$'s deal for my son and I, just to avoid the idiot masses. To me if money isn't an issue, that sounds like the only way to go to a national.

It costs money to be treated better and have access normal people don't get. Its like this for everywhere you go and anything you do. I'd do it for sure as long as there weren't more than 6 people included in the plan. Otherwise your just one in a crowd again. I think its a great idea for people that can afford it.

The older I get.....the less i like crowds. That's the main reason I watch on tv now more than before. I can see myself doing this if I get the chance..always thought it was a good idea and I am glad to see it happen.

Plus I HATE looking in from the outside, no matter where I am. Very bad for my fragile ego. Smile
jmauldin840
12/3/2017 10:41pm Edited Date/Time 12/3/2017 10:46pm
My buddy and I paid today for one of the rounds and I am extremely pumped. Not only am I a huge Reed fan for what he's accomplished in his career but I'm a bigger Reed fan for what he does for his family. Chad will put his wife and kids before anything as would I. I've followed supercross for 20 plus years now and absolutely love the sport and the atmosphere moto brings to friends and family. For me this experience is going to be a once in a lifetime deal for me and I could not be more happy that it is with Chad and his team. He's continuing to have great years (any year as a top level pro is a great year, if it was easy we would all be there not here ) he is a phenomenal family man and a great business man, who wouldn't want the chance to hangout in his pits all day?? Just my 2 cents but I have been, still am and always will be a huge 22 fan. The money has not once crossed my mind but the anticipation for the experience is already driving me nuts and I still have 4 months to go. It'll be a nice break from Alaska and my first SX round in 6 years since I've been moving around so much.
hyler199
12/4/2017 12:07am
Indymxer wrote:
haydos25 wrote:

Indymxer wrote:
Learn how to spell.
SICK BURN BOSS!

I think its cool. Id love to go but at the moment its too rich for my blood. On my bucket list for sure
144rider
12/4/2017 3:35pm Edited Date/Time 12/4/2017 3:41pm
I was keen as muzzy, talked a mate into going with me, then his Mrs came home with this today.
Happy for them but gutted for myself

As for the costs. I'm on a pension but could still make it happen. Including flights and the hotel. Some of you blokes must be as tight as a Nuns nasty. It's only money, you can't take it with you when you die. But, you can take one thing, and one thing only. Your memories. Which are pricless!
kkawboy14
12/4/2017 4:01pm
How much would you pay to hang out with RonnieMac at a sx if he was racing?
Lucifa.
12/4/2017 4:22pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
How much would you pay to hang out with RonnieMac at a sx if he was racing?
$69 and a pack of smokes.
snackfedbear
12/4/2017 4:37pm
144rider wrote:
I was keen as muzzy, talked a mate into going with me, then his Mrs came home with this today. Happy for them but gutted for...
I was keen as muzzy, talked a mate into going with me, then his Mrs came home with this today.
Happy for them but gutted for myself

As for the costs. I'm on a pension but could still make it happen. Including flights and the hotel. Some of you blokes must be as tight as a Nuns nasty. It's only money, you can't take it with you when you die. But, you can take one thing, and one thing only. Your memories. Which are pricless!
Sounds like there's gonna be a bunch of free food. Pregnant women love food.

Post a reply to: Who’s up for hanging with the CR22 team in ‘18?

The Latest