Who's the Best rider to never win Championship in 450 class (or 250 b4 4 porkers)

akmx17
4/25/2020 10:36pm
Windham or DV

Bradshaw. But then I’ll throw in Lusk too
chuckie108
4/25/2020 11:39pm
yz133rider wrote:
Bullshit eli wont have the same reverence as bradshaw. Elis won three outdoor titles in a row and has had so many insane charges thru the...
Bullshit eli wont have the same reverence as bradshaw.

Elis won three outdoor titles in a row and has had so many insane charges thru the pack. Hes quickly climbing all time stats with each race win.
Yeah, you’re probably right, I overstated that one a bit. Eli will obviously go down as one of the greats and be revered for his immense skills and speed. But When I said reverence, I meant more like die-hard fan boys status. I think RV is an example of this too. Total legend of our sport. But if you bring his name up, people are like “meh”. But Bradshaw, dude quit being relevant 25 years ago, yet his impact on the sport is still remembered by those who were fans then.
4/26/2020 12:32am
Yes, I agree, Bradshaw has emerged as the best not to win a title, hands down.
Not my favourite rider but the winner.
Ozy wrote:
I'm not sure if we could ever have a unanimous choice on the topic. Bradshaw never raced a 450 and the tracks changed from the time...
I'm not sure if we could ever have a unanimous choice on the topic. Bradshaw never raced a 450 and the tracks changed from the time Damon was in his prime to current day. Windham raced both 250 and 450 and made the transition pretty smoothly. None of this is to say Damon should not be in the conversation because he clearly belongs in consideration for the best.

Some great bench racing and I enjoyed reading some names I had forgotten. Ake Jonsson was one of my first hero's with Decoster and Robert. From memory I think it was early 1970's Trans AMA series? When I first heard their names!!

I didn't realize Sylvain Geboers never had a championship

I though some of the debate about Tomac was interesting - 9 wins in one series and not getting the #1 plate is unreal

Somebody should start a thread on what age past champions retired and compare total titles and wins by how many years they raced. I thought Villimoto and Dungey had more Championships in front of them.
What other rider was so dominant in a series yet failed to close it out?
None
Bradshaw wins!

The Shop

Mike_Lawlor
4/26/2020 11:28am
Not someone who never won a championship but a 2011 Chad reed in the nationals. I really felt for him after the Chadapult. I think he had a 28 point lead or something before that.
yz133rider
4/26/2020 11:30am
Not someone who never won a championship but a 2011 Chad reed in the nationals. I really felt for him after the Chadapult. I think he...
Not someone who never won a championship but a 2011 Chad reed in the nationals. I really felt for him after the Chadapult. I think he had a 28 point lead or something before that.
He was crushing it before that. Won every single 2nd moto of the season to that point i think!
Ozy
4/26/2020 1:16pm
Not someone who never won a championship but a 2011 Chad reed in the nationals. I really felt for him after the Chadapult. I think he...
I remember that, Chad seemed like he had 2 speeds- fast and in control (rarely crashed) and the other where he pushed the edge and in every series he was using this close to the edge mode something bad happened, Didn't he break his leg in SX a few years after the "Chadapult" incident? He was really fast and the whoops got him?
Mike_Lawlor
4/26/2020 3:10pm
Ozy wrote:
I remember that, Chad seemed like he had 2 speeds- fast and in control (rarely crashed) and the other where he pushed the edge and in...
I remember that, Chad seemed like he had 2 speeds- fast and in control (rarely crashed) and the other where he pushed the edge and in every series he was using this close to the edge mode something bad happened, Didn't he break his leg in SX a few years after the "Chadapult" incident? He was really fast and the whoops got him?
In 12 he was in second behind Villopoto in Dallas I think and endoed a jump and blew out his knee. He was with in a couple points of the lead at that point.
JMX82
5/1/2020 6:13am
Sebastien Tortelli for sure. One of the most talented riders ever. He was able to beat Everts and Carmichael during their heyday. His coner speed was something amazing. Sadly some bad luck and injuries destroyed his career in US
elsinore
5/1/2020 7:37pm
Magoo ..Danny Chandler was one of the few who could have run down and beat RC.
TDeath21
5/1/2020 8:07pm
It's gotta be Windham. Sandwiched in age right between RC and MC. He really should have made it count in 99 though when Alby won the MX Championship. Then again in 07 had a slight opportunity there that he didn't cash in on. Of course when RC wasn't there and he had a chance in SX, Reed was there in 04 and 08.
NMHoleCZ
Fantasy
960th
5/1/2020 11:28pm
Another vote for Ake Jonsson. Watching him at the two Trans AMA races I attended, there just didn't seem to be any weak points. I also think Gerrit Wolsink deserves mention...
Sleapy
5/2/2020 4:46am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Windham. BTW, anyone remember the race where KW was giving Stew a fit for a few laps? I think Windham eventually went down trying to scrub...
Windham.

BTW, anyone remember the race where KW was giving Stew a fit for a few laps? I think Windham eventually went down trying to scrub, but it was a good battle up to that point.
Dirtydeeds wrote:
I remember. I feel like it was Houston or New Orleans? He caught his foot scrubbin the triple and put er down after battlin in the...
I remember. I feel like it was Houston or New Orleans? He caught his foot scrubbin the triple and put er down after battlin in the heat race with Stew I believe.
Houston 2012 I believe. Caught his peg on the face and cased it, went over the bars.

Post a reply to: Who's the Best rider to never win Championship in 450 class (or 250 b4 4 porkers)

The Latest