Who's stock you buying and who are you selling?

FTB
8/2/2017 6:21pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2017 6:23pm
250: Buy RJ Hampshire and sell Justin Hill

450: Buy Barcia. Sell WP#32. Start a new team with AP#23 and AC#36
oldblood
8/2/2017 6:32pm
Ok I'm buying scr and peelout stock, maintaining Jeffro and kzizok stock and dumping brownstone!
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
8/2/2017 6:33pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2017 6:34pm
Buy: Forkner (while opinion is down some)
Hold: Colt Nichols (have a feeling he may turn the corner, and he is already close and prolly not expensive)
Sell: Plessy. Love the dude but he is consistently inconsistent, but he is wildly popular so prolly get good money for him.

Cool topic, btw.

Buy: Tomac, while people are pissed at MXdN.
Hold: Seely, supercross is coming
Sell: Davalos, lots of upside, so trying to sell high for money for Tomac.
oldblood
8/2/2017 6:52pm
Seriously I'm putting every penny in KR

The Shop

TXDirt
8/2/2017 7:42pm
kzizok wrote:
Buy: Forkner (while opinion is down some) Hold: Colt Nichols (have a feeling he may turn the corner, and he is already close and prolly not...
Buy: Forkner (while opinion is down some)
Hold: Colt Nichols (have a feeling he may turn the corner, and he is already close and prolly not expensive)
Sell: Plessy. Love the dude but he is consistently inconsistent, but he is wildly popular so prolly get good money for him.

Cool topic, btw.

Buy: Tomac, while people are pissed at MXdN.
Hold: Seely, supercross is coming
Sell: Davalos, lots of upside, so trying to sell high for money for Tomac.
I like this. Buy while Forkner is low. Lot of upside!
I'm upside down on him so not sure if I should sell or hold. Or perhaps double down? Throw good money after bad? I'm not quite pot commuted yet but very close on him.

I'm holding Davalos. Already bought in low so if it tanks then no loss. This stock still has running room I think.

I'm selling Seeley.

Holding pieck. Canard LLC went bankrupt but I didn't have much exposure to this stock.

I like Anderson, but not sure if the CEO is the right leader of this company.

Old companies trying to launch new products?

Reed?
Grant?
Mookie?

Can old dogs learn new tricks?

Not sure. No new products in the pipeline so I'm not a buyer on these companies.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
8/2/2017 7:57pm
oldblood wrote:
Ok I'm buying scr and peelout stock, maintaining Jeffro and kzizok stock and dumping brownstone!
Ha!LaughingLaughing
8/2/2017 9:59pm
TXDirt wrote:
Before coming into the motocross season who are your biggest surprises and biggest disappointments from each class so far? [b]450 - Buy[/b] Davalos - for sure...
Before coming into the motocross season who are your biggest surprises and biggest disappointments from each class so far?

450 - Buy
Davalos - for sure I think has been the biggest surprise. He's been really good on that 450 and better then I think most people
thought he would be.

Bagget - We always knew he had it in him but this yer he started to put it together.

Wilson - Starting to put together some good finishes. Depleted field helps but you can only race with who lines up. Been a good year for Dean.

450 - Sell
Barcia - Another disappointing year overall for Barcia.

450 depth - Go look at 11-40th place last weekend. Is this the weakest field we have had in a long time?

250 - Buy
Osborne - He's been fast, pretty consistent and goes through the pack at will.
Ferrandis - He's got grit and speed and great style. Fitness seems to be there with that last lap pass on AC.

250 - Sell
Forkner. He started the year off with so much promise after results late in the year last year. Had a pretty forgettable rookie SX season. Not bad. Not good. Just ho-hum for him. I think everyone expected him to be a title contended in outdoors this year and that really never came into play.

Pro Circuit - too many mechanical's cost them early on.
I thought the rule for investing in stock was buy low and sell high ? Smile
RCB33
Fantasy
139th
8/2/2017 10:36pm
Buy:

Barcia: his stock is lower than ever, get that man on a bike in GP's or Proformance based contract.

Plessinger: He will get it on a 450

Jeremy Martin: Same as plessinger

Henry Miller: he's a penny stock at this point, how could you not expect a return? Get this dude a cycle trader or Traders ride!

Sell:

Bowers: I think he's old news in general but for some reason some people still have hype around him.

Honda stock in general: even if Ken gets back to 100% it's going to take time and for the time being I just don't see a top guy there(Craig and Seely are Second/third guys imo but I like both guys)

Stewart Brother Stock: Malcolm has failed to Express commitment to Racing and James is done being competitive.
Sodipop
8/2/2017 10:50pm
buy Baggett because he's not at his best and I think I can get a good deal.

sell Wilson and Davalos because of people getting over excited with their results in this field.

buy JMart because I believe he can still be the old JMart and he's probably really cheap

buy Ferrandis because I think with a healthy offseason he'll be even better next year

Sell Plessinger because a lot of people seem to think he's great but he's so inconsistent

Buy Davi Millsaps because nobody remembers him right now and I think he'll be good coming into the season healthy

TXDirt
8/3/2017 5:58am
Sodipop wrote:
buy Baggett because he's not at his best and I think I can get a good deal. sell Wilson and Davalos because of people getting over...
buy Baggett because he's not at his best and I think I can get a good deal.

sell Wilson and Davalos because of people getting over excited with their results in this field.

buy JMart because I believe he can still be the old JMart and he's probably really cheap

buy Ferrandis because I think with a healthy offseason he'll be even better next year

Sell Plessinger because a lot of people seem to think he's great but he's so inconsistent

Buy Davi Millsaps because nobody remembers him right now and I think he'll be good coming into the season healthy

I like adding some Davi stock to my portfolio! Good call.
PRM31
8/3/2017 6:28am
My high risk buy is Reed for SX. He's the one guy that has an outside chance of upsetting the established apple cart. If I'm a KTM or Suzuki team, I'd look to sign. For discussion, do you sign with with heavy emphasis on performance clauses or salary? I'm leaning salary for Reed. He's self-motivated.
kkawboy14
8/3/2017 6:46am Edited Date/Time 8/3/2017 6:49am
cappelmans wrote:
Why sell Seely? He did great at supercross, also good results in outdoors, sometimes bad starts but you would want him for sure for sx. Keep...
Why sell Seely? He did great at supercross, also good results in outdoors, sometimes bad starts but you would want him for sure for sx. Keep Seely!!
Owning Seely to me is like owning the electric company stocks. Your not gonna lose but your not gonna win.

I would buy Forkner right when he starts to climb again.
TXDirt
8/3/2017 6:50am
PRM31 wrote:
My high risk buy is Reed for SX. He's the one guy that has an outside chance of upsetting the established apple cart. If I'm a...
My high risk buy is Reed for SX. He's the one guy that has an outside chance of upsetting the established apple cart. If I'm a KTM or Suzuki team, I'd look to sign. For discussion, do you sign with with heavy emphasis on performance clauses or salary? I'm leaning salary for Reed. He's self-motivated.
Reed huh. We been covering this stock for years. Had some nice early returns. Paid good dividends. It's an aging product in a crowded market space. I have a sell rating on Reed Corp. I think last years accounting scandal is the final nail in the coffin of this once great company.

Sell and never buy again.
TXDirt
8/3/2017 6:51am
cappelmans wrote:
Why sell Seely? He did great at supercross, also good results in outdoors, sometimes bad starts but you would want him for sure for sx. Keep...
Why sell Seely? He did great at supercross, also good results in outdoors, sometimes bad starts but you would want him for sure for sx. Keep Seely!!
kkawboy14 wrote:
Owning Seely to me is like owning the electric company stocks. Your not gonna lose but your not gonna win. I would buy Forkner right when...
Owning Seely to me is like owning the electric company stocks. Your not gonna lose but your not gonna win.

I would buy Forkner right when he starts to climb again.
Yes I've sold Forkner for now. The factories are all shut down for retooling. Will take a wait and see approach into early next year to see what kind of recovery it makes before being a buyer of this stock again.
PRM31
8/3/2017 6:58am
Reed Inc. could see a serious renaissance and challenge the status quo. I'll reevaluate when I see what frame and forks the company goes with.
roninho
8/3/2017 7:55am
TXDirt wrote:
Before coming into the motocross season who are your biggest surprises and biggest disappointments from each class so far? [b]450 - Buy[/b] Davalos - for sure...
Before coming into the motocross season who are your biggest surprises and biggest disappointments from each class so far?

450 - Buy
Davalos - for sure I think has been the biggest surprise. He's been really good on that 450 and better then I think most people
thought he would be.

Bagget - We always knew he had it in him but this yer he started to put it together.

Wilson - Starting to put together some good finishes. Depleted field helps but you can only race with who lines up. Been a good year for Dean.

450 - Sell

450 depth - Go look at 11-40th place last weekend. Is this the weakest field we have had in a long time?

250 - Buy
Ferrandis - He's got grit and speed and great style. Fitness seems to be there with that last lap pass on AC.

250 - Sell
Forkner. He started the year off with so much promise after results late in the year last year. Had a pretty forgettable rookie SX season. Not bad. Not good. Just ho-hum for him. I think everyone expected him to be a title contended in outdoors this year and that really never came into play.

Maybe i misunderstood you, but you are buying high and selling low?

In terms of investing a guy like Barcia seems a low cost high potential signing. Former winner out of contract after an injury filled season
TXDirt
8/3/2017 7:59am
TXDirt wrote:

450 - Buy
thought he would be.

450 - Sell

250 - Buy

250 - Sell

roninho wrote:
Maybe i misunderstood you, but you are buying high and selling low? In terms of investing a guy like Barcia seems a low cost high potential...
Maybe i misunderstood you, but you are buying high and selling low?

In terms of investing a guy like Barcia seems a low cost high potential signing. Former winner out of contract after an injury filled season
Some of them we are just cutting our loses.
philG
8/3/2017 9:51am
agn5009 wrote:
Sell Plessinger. He has not lived up to expectations. Looks great one race then mediocre the next. Everyone here gets blinded by their like for the...
Sell Plessinger. He has not lived up to expectations. Looks great one race then mediocre the next. Everyone here gets blinded by their like for the guy rather than the reality. He has done nothing to show he's capable of being consistent enough to win a 250 or 450 championship.

He is a big dude for a 250... BUY BUY... he will be a 450 champion... i will say that Webb, JMart and Osborne will not achieve in 450, just like Barcia.
kkawboy14
8/3/2017 11:21am
agn5009 wrote:
Sell Plessinger. He has not lived up to expectations. Looks great one race then mediocre the next. Everyone here gets blinded by their like for the...
Sell Plessinger. He has not lived up to expectations. Looks great one race then mediocre the next. Everyone here gets blinded by their like for the guy rather than the reality. He has done nothing to show he's capable of being consistent enough to win a 250 or 450 championship.

philG wrote:
He is a big dude for a 250... BUY BUY... he will be a 450 champion... i will say that Webb, JMart and Osborne will not...
He is a big dude for a 250... BUY BUY... he will be a 450 champion... i will say that Webb, JMart and Osborne will not achieve in 450, just like Barcia.
Looks like you can sign philG up for 10,000 shares of Plessinger!
agn5009
8/3/2017 11:32am
agn5009 wrote:

philG wrote:
He is a big dude for a 250... BUY BUY... he will be a 450 champion... i will say that Webb, JMart and Osborne will not...
I hope this happens but he hasn't shown me or anyone else that he's going to do better on a 450. I think he will be that guy that climbs to the podium 2 or 3 times a year when it's muddy or really rough. Other than that he will float between 7th and 10th like he does now.

Post a reply to: Who's stock you buying and who are you selling?

The Latest