Who's stock you buying and who are you selling?

TXDirt
Before coming into the motocross season who are your biggest surprises and biggest disappointments from each class so far?

450 - Buy
Davalos - for sure I think has been the biggest surprise. He's been really good on that 450 and better then I think most people
thought he would be.

Bagget - We always knew he had it in him but this yer he started to put it together.

Wilson - Starting to put together some good finishes. Depleted field helps but you can only race with who lines up. Been a good year for Dean.

450 - Sell
Barcia - Another disappointing year overall for Barcia.

450 depth - Go look at 11-40th place last weekend. Is this the weakest field we have had in a long time?

250 - Buy
Osborne - He's been fast, pretty consistent and goes through the pack at will.
Ferrandis - He's got grit and speed and great style. Fitness seems to be there with that last lap pass on AC.

250 - Sell
Forkner. He started the year off with so much promise after results late in the year last year. Had a pretty forgettable rookie SX season. Not bad. Not good. Just ho-hum for him. I think everyone expected him to be a title contended in outdoors this year and that really never came into play.

Pro Circuit - too many mechanical's cost them early on.
|
kkawboy14
8/2/2017 1:09pm
I would hire you as my investor, I would add Seely to my sell list and add Craig to my buy list of penny stocks!
TXDirt
8/2/2017 1:13pm
Our institution has issued the following guidence: sell on Seeley and a Hold on Craig.
JRT812
8/2/2017 1:17pm
450 buy - Wilson and Barcia. Barcia is a big gamble, but if figures it out it will pay big.
250 buy - AP and AC
450 sell Seely or Bogle
250 sell Craig

Disclaimer no hate towards any rider
TXDirt
8/2/2017 1:21pm
JRT812 wrote:
450 buy - Wilson and Barcia. Barcia is a big gamble, but if figures it out it will pay big. 250 buy - AP and AC...
450 buy - Wilson and Barcia. Barcia is a big gamble, but if figures it out it will pay big.
250 buy - AP and AC
450 sell Seely or Bogle
250 sell Craig

I like it. You're like a hedge fund manager willing to take a big risk with Barcia. A lot of his future may depend on what team he is on next. At JGR he had everything a rider could want. Assuming his next stop could be a step down I wonder how he will respond. Big gamble. But those can come with big rewards. You are doubling down with a 2 and 7 off suit. That takes balls.

AC is a gamble too but not as big. Wonder if a change in scenery will finally allow him to unlock his full potential.

The Shop

PRM31
8/2/2017 1:31pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2017 1:33pm
250 Buy - Plessinger. I think he could be a steal with good upside.
250 Sell - JMart. (But I might buy him on a 450)

450 Sell - Webb. Biggest disappointment possibly.
450 Buy - Tomac. Potentially fastest in the world, and now he's learning patience.
TXDirt
8/2/2017 1:35pm
PRM31 wrote:
250 Buy - Plessinger. I think he could be a steal with good upside. 250 Sell - JMart. (But I might buy him on a 450)...
250 Buy - Plessinger. I think he could be a steal with good upside.
250 Sell - JMart. (But I might buy him on a 450)

450 Sell - Webb. Biggest disappointment possibly.
450 Buy - Tomac. Potentially fastest in the world, and now he's learning patience.
I had Webb on my sell list originally but it's his rookie season. He's on my Hold list for now and we expect this stock to perform better in the future. New bike might help? If not, then sell sell sell!!!
kkawboy14
8/2/2017 1:42pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2017 1:43pm
I would only buy Tomac today while his stock is down from not going to the Nations. After everyone recovers from all that emotion and he walks an old lady across the street, hugs a nurse or wins the championship......his stock will just be as expected Smile
rpoint116
8/2/2017 1:51pm
TXDirt wrote:
Before coming into the motocross season who are your biggest surprises and biggest disappointments from each class so far? [b]450 - Buy[/b] Davalos - for sure...
Before coming into the motocross season who are your biggest surprises and biggest disappointments from each class so far?

450 - Buy
Davalos - for sure I think has been the biggest surprise. He's been really good on that 450 and better then I think most people
thought he would be.

Bagget - We always knew he had it in him but this yer he started to put it together.

Wilson - Starting to put together some good finishes. Depleted field helps but you can only race with who lines up. Been a good year for Dean.

450 - Sell
Barcia - Another disappointing year overall for Barcia.

450 depth - Go look at 11-40th place last weekend. Is this the weakest field we have had in a long time?

250 - Buy
Osborne - He's been fast, pretty consistent and goes through the pack at will.
Ferrandis - He's got grit and speed and great style. Fitness seems to be there with that last lap pass on AC.

250 - Sell
Forkner. He started the year off with so much promise after results late in the year last year. Had a pretty forgettable rookie SX season. Not bad. Not good. Just ho-hum for him. I think everyone expected him to be a title contended in outdoors this year and that really never came into play.

Pro Circuit - too many mechanical's cost them early on.
Well said. I agree hundred percent with everything you wrote.

Davalos... are you kidding me? I keep waiting for him to crash. Great job.

Bagget, I'm very happy for him and about time!

I thought & was hoping Ferandis would do well after a good Supercross season.

Forkner, yep, WTF??

Possibly sell AC. I know he's been hurt, he is getting close but not close enough.

Buy- every 250 Moto. Great, edge of your seats racing!

Sell- 250 consistency. Last race was crazy. 7–1 wins! AC goes from 1st to 4th O/A with getting passed last minute.
Brent
8/2/2017 1:53pm
Im Buying Jeremy Martin on the CRF 450.

Remember Daytona?

Barcia? cautious hold until he gets on his third team later this year. JGR is a black hole where even the best can't get it together...
agn5009
8/2/2017 2:12pm
Sell Plessinger. He has not lived up to expectations. Looks great one race then mediocre the next. Everyone here gets blinded by their like for the guy rather than the reality. He has done nothing to show he's capable of being consistent enough to win a 250 or 450 championship.

IWreckALot
8/2/2017 2:16pm
agn5009 wrote:
Sell Plessinger. He has not lived up to expectations. Looks great one race then mediocre the next. Everyone here gets blinded by their like for the...
Sell Plessinger. He has not lived up to expectations. Looks great one race then mediocre the next. Everyone here gets blinded by their like for the guy rather than the reality. He has done nothing to show he's capable of being consistent enough to win a 250 or 450 championship.

This is my speculation on Plessinger. He's having to maintain a low weight at the cost of muscle in order to not be a lug on the 250. I really want to see what happens with him on a 450 and some muscle on him.

I usually have the same line of thinking you're applying to most riders, but I'm just giving AP the benefit of the doubt here.
IWreckALot
8/2/2017 2:18pm
Oh, I'm cutting my losses on Savatgy. I think this year's SX he's going to be quite a bit far behind in the points depending on which coast and his competition.
ab
8/2/2017 2:19pm
Buy James Stewart. Heard he got his hands on a factory ECU
IWreckALot
8/2/2017 2:20pm
Cianciarulo - I'm holding with this kid but it's starting to become a bit of a long shot for him to get a championship. I like the dude's attitude and style but I think he's got a real make or break season coming up. I'm a gambling man so I'm holding him for now.
TXDirt
8/2/2017 2:26pm
agn5009 wrote:
Sell Plessinger. He has not lived up to expectations. Looks great one race then mediocre the next. Everyone here gets blinded by their like for the...

IWreckALot wrote:
This is my speculation on Plessinger. He's having to maintain a low weight at the cost of muscle in order to not be a lug on...
This is my speculation on Plessinger. He's having to maintain a low weight at the cost of muscle in order to not be a lug on the 250. I really want to see what happens with him on a 450 and some muscle on him.

I usually have the same line of thinking you're applying to most riders, but I'm just giving AP the benefit of the doubt here.
It would seem Plessinger Inc. has had too many cutbacks and it's hurting the business. He needs to invest some capital in areas such as food, and equipment. Then we may see a profitable quarter. He's been running in the red for so long. Hopefully their is still a viable business to invest in in the future.
TXDirt
8/2/2017 2:29pm
Brent wrote:
Im Buying Jeremy Martin on the CRF 450. Remember Daytona? Barcia? cautious hold until he gets on his third team later this year. JGR is a...
Im Buying Jeremy Martin on the CRF 450.

Remember Daytona?

Barcia? cautious hold until he gets on his third team later this year. JGR is a black hole where even the best can't get it together...
This is interesting. JMart LLC has little history on the 450 but his one ride at Daytona last year showed he can come in and disrupt the market. Is the product strong enough to invest in to see real gains? Or was it just fools gold?

I'm selling his 450 SX season but would be a buyer at 450 MX.
bama205
8/2/2017 2:34pm
So you're buying high and selling low
TXDirt
8/2/2017 2:37pm
bama205 wrote:
So you're buying high and selling low
Taking some loses to redeploy capital!! Know when to hold em and know when to fold them!
USA
Fantasy
507th
8/2/2017 2:40pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2017 2:41pm

Buy - Musquin. I knew he was fast, but without that knee injury earlier, who knows what the championship might look like now. Here's to hoping he has at least 3 more years in the elite group.

Sell - Barcia. I still think he has it in him, but I was also a firm believer that Canard could string together a 450 series. Whoever gets his stock next might have better luck.

Buy - Osborne. 'Nuff said

Sell - The rest of the 250 field. Harsh, but man, Osborne sure does put on his spanking gauntlets every weekend, and make a mockery of these guys. When the smoke quit dissipating from his bike a few weekends ago, and he was struggling to stay in the top 10, guys were still afraid to pass him. There's some exceptionally talented guys in that class, but 2017 is not their year.
bama205
8/2/2017 2:44pm
I guess I'm buying Barcia as you guys are dumping him. Would be very cheap to pick up at this point.

No way I'm buying Osborne right now. Way to pricey.

Like buying real estate in January of 2008.
JRT812
8/2/2017 3:34pm
JRT812 wrote:
450 buy - Wilson and Barcia. Barcia is a big gamble, but if figures it out it will pay big. 250 buy - AP and AC...
250 buy - AP and AC
450 sell Seely or Bogle
250 sell Craig

TXDirt wrote:
I like it. You're like a hedge fund manager willing to take a big risk with Barcia. A lot of his future may depend on what...
I like it. You're like a hedge fund manager willing to take a big risk with Barcia. A lot of his future may depend on what team he is on next. At JGR he had everything a rider could want. Assuming his next stop could be a step down I wonder how he will respond. Big gamble. But those can come with big rewards. You are doubling down with a 2 and 7 off suit. That takes balls.

AC is a gamble too but not as big. Wonder if a change in scenery will finally allow him to unlock his full potential.
Thanks! Barcia is a gamble, but maybe not as bad of a loss if the price is right and he doesn't make it. I still think AC has it in him. It's his first complete season and has shown some flashes.
cappelmans
8/2/2017 3:35pm
Why sell Seely? He did great at supercross, also good results in outdoors, sometimes bad starts but you would want him for sure for sx. Keep Seely!!
8/2/2017 4:01pm
Buy: Forkner. Still young and adjusting.
Any brand...Honda, Suz, Yam, KTM, Husky would jump at the chance to sign this kid.

Hold: Savatgy

Buy: Plessinger...with his offroad pedigree...KTM or Husky would be smart to try to sign him
8/2/2017 4:04pm
I'd buy Baggett for outdoors but maybe trade him off to someone else for SX lol
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
8/2/2017 4:04pm
Buying Plessy, Barcia, Wilson, Osborne, and Bagget.
Selling Savatgy, Forkner, and Hill.
moto0852
8/2/2017 4:05pm
I'm long RAD at 2.23 and short SHLD at 32!
dcg141
8/2/2017 5:18pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2017 5:21pm
Barica is the Fitbit of the MX world. Started hot, now in a steady free fall with hopes of rebound. Its a gamble buy at this point cause its gonna be cheap. The potential is there but management is questionable. I'm selling Cooper while that stock still has life.
PastranaWho
8/2/2017 5:23pm
The 450 market is weak right now , besides tomac and musquin. Hold and wait for some young guns to move up.
drop_bear
Fantasy
1711th
8/2/2017 5:37pm
I can't believe that Barcia would still be considered for a decent ride next year by anyone
DF313
Fantasy
2460th
8/2/2017 6:06pm
Does nobody have the fever anymore?!? I'm buying Mookie, and gambling on Roczen. Buying ferrandis

Selling, Baggett... I think we've seen his best, unfortunately. Reed, he'll never be competitive again, if he were a rookie everybody would say his results were terrible. Selling Justin Hill, selling savatgy,

Sold barcia long ago, I fear for his future as a Racer.

Post a reply to: Who's stock you buying and who are you selling?

The Latest