Who’s riding today?

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
Edited Date/Time 4/13/2018 7:15pm
And where??

I finally get to dust off the bike and gear to ride for the first time since New Year’s Day. Heading out to LACR in a little over an hour to get some practice before the GP next weekend.

So where are you riding today?
|
JM485
4/8/2018 8:23am
You ride? What are you doing here posting dude?Laughing

This might be shocking, but I'm headed out to good old Carnegie this morning. Got a fresh 470 big bore kit in one of my hillclimb bikes, as well as a new set of extensions, so I need to go break it in on some trails and then test some mapping out later in the day. Hope you have a good time, weather is great up here today so hopefully it's the same down there.
Hammer 663s
4/8/2018 8:25am
Sh!t. It dumped all day yesterday. It's dumping now. Nothing here is rideable and won't be for at least a week. Fvcking Oregon sucks if you ride moto. I miss Norcal.

Hammer 663s
PNWOffroad
Fantasy
3241st
4/8/2018 9:12am
Sh!t. It dumped all day yesterday. It's dumping now. Nothing here is rideable and won't be for at least a week. Fvcking Oregon sucks if you...
Sh!t. It dumped all day yesterday. It's dumping now. Nothing here is rideable and won't be for at least a week. Fvcking Oregon sucks if you ride moto. I miss Norcal.

Hammer 663s
Really? We rode Rosland yesterday and it was prime. Not sure where in Oregon you are located.

The Shop

mxer613
4/8/2018 9:21am
Sh!t. It dumped all day yesterday. It's dumping now. Nothing here is rideable and won't be for at least a week. Fvcking Oregon sucks if you...

Hammer 663s
Looking like a mudder at Albany next Sunday ?
Wade221
4/8/2018 9:38am Edited Date/Time 4/8/2018 9:39am

Hammer 663s
I know your pain!!
mx317
4/8/2018 9:42am
Nursing a sore back so I'm just watching last nights SX again and posting here. Next week hopefully!
Hammer 663s
4/8/2018 10:13am
PNWOffroad wrote:
Really? We rode Rosland yesterday and it was prime. Not sure where in Oregon you are located.[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/04/08/254284/s1200_A1ED8A57_C999_417D_9995_D6E565FBE0DB.jpg[/img]
Really? We rode Rosland yesterday and it was prime. Not sure where in Oregon you are located.

Western Oregon on the edge of the Coastal range. We get a LOT of rain here. I tried to ride my buddy's track Friday after work and while it looked good, it was like grease underneath. Almost fell 3 times on my sight lap and called it a day quickly. Mountain View MX was supposed to be open today but I'd expect they had to cancel due to all the rain.

Lots of clay here and no matter what you do for prep there's always a base that is super slick. In current conditions I can't trust the front end and I'm not good enough (or young enough) to just go for it and hope. Smile

M
PNWOffroad
Fantasy
3241st
4/8/2018 10:16am
PNWOffroad wrote:
Really? We rode Rosland yesterday and it was prime. Not sure where in Oregon you are located.[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/04/08/254284/s1200_A1ED8A57_C999_417D_9995_D6E565FBE0DB.jpg[/img]

Western Oregon on the edge of the Coastal range. We get a LOT of rain here. I tried to ride my buddy's track Friday after work...
Western Oregon on the edge of the Coastal range. We get a LOT of rain here. I tried to ride my buddy's track Friday after work and while it looked good, it was like grease underneath. Almost fell 3 times on my sight lap and called it a day quickly. Mountain View MX was supposed to be open today but I'd expect they had to cancel due to all the rain.

Lots of clay here and no matter what you do for prep there's always a base that is super slick. In current conditions I can't trust the front end and I'm not good enough (or young enough) to just go for it and hope. Smile

M
I feel ya, I live in the Willamette Valley. This time of year I pretty much plan on heading East.
Hammer 663s
4/8/2018 10:17am

Hammer 663s
mxer613 wrote:
Looking like a mudder at Albany next Sunday ?
Forecast is for rain off/on all week so I'd think so. Mountain View is supposed to have public days both Saturday and Sunday, so hope to get out for one of those if conditions allow. That place is super slick tho after any rain.

Wonder what you can do with these clay based tracks. Lots of sand/wood chips tilled in real deep? Make sure the track surface is elevated not cut in? Gonna try to figure it out with a private track I ride. Right now we can't put a dozer on it since it's so wet, and the dirt is too hydraulic to shape anything.

M
SKIDLID
Fantasy
761st
4/8/2018 10:27am
Snowing here again in Minnesota . Hopefully it starts to be spring here soon!
Frank
4/8/2018 12:19pm
36 today. Ground still frozen. High of 41 next weekend with rain. This is why our bikes last so long. 3-4 months of riding per year tops. lol
Hammer 663s
4/8/2018 12:44pm
Frank wrote:
36 today. Ground still frozen. High of 41 next weekend with rain. This is why our bikes last so long. 3-4 months of riding per year...
36 today. Ground still frozen. High of 41 next weekend with rain. This is why our bikes last so long. 3-4 months of riding per year tops. lol
Frozen I can understand.That's a real solid reason to not ride. But 60 and soaking wet, I know the track will be sloppy and slippery and I feel like a wuss for not wanting to go out in that. But I'm too old to get hurt losing the front end at 5 MPH and smashing a shoulder. Depressing.

M
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
4/8/2018 1:15pm
Frank wrote:
36 today. Ground still frozen. High of 41 next weekend with rain. This is why our bikes last so long. 3-4 months of riding per year...
It’s like winter has shifted two month this year...

This pic is from last Dec 2nd at that Fond Du Lac track:

This was yesterday in northern WI driving to a snowmobile race in the U.P.:

Bry145
4/8/2018 5:25pm
I don't have any pics, but I went to Switchback MX today.

About 25 riders braved the cold/snow/slop to moto down.

It wasn't the best way to break in a new piston, but was a hoot!

It was fun until I got home and washed the YZ with just a hose.

Eastbound and down!

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
4/8/2018 5:28pm
JM485 wrote:
You ride? What are you doing here posting dude?:laugh: This might be shocking, but I'm headed out to good old Carnegie this morning. Got a fresh...

This might be shocking, but I'm headed out to good old Carnegie this morning. Got a fresh 470 big bore kit in one of my hillclimb bikes, as well as a new set of extensions, so I need to go break it in on some trails and then test some mapping out later in the day. Hope you have a good time, weather is great up here today so hopefully it's the same down there.
Hahaha weird isn’t it?

I saw that on your IG. How is the big bore kit?
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
4/8/2018 6:16pm
SKIDLID wrote:
Snowing here again in Minnesota . Hopefully it starts to be spring here soon!
Yeah it's Depressing
I'm in Mankato Mn
Where do you ride ?
Any tracks in your area
H4L
4/8/2018 8:11pm
We are spoiled here in CA. I feel for the guys that still have winter like weather..

Dusted off one of the CR's from the stable & put in a days ride with one of my neighbors who rides an 05 CRF450X.

Just got in from a Hollister ride after washing the mud off.. It was packed today.. Had a Blast !

Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2020th
4/8/2018 8:21pm
Did some riding today. Now I'll be cleaning all week.

jeffro503
4/8/2018 8:29pm
Pretty miserable here right now. Not that far from Seattle , and well we all saw what that looked like.
mxer613
4/8/2018 8:35pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Pretty miserable here right now. Not that far from Seattle , and well we all saw what that looked like.
Hopefully the forecast changes later this week, I’m running the Albany summer series, and next Sunday is race #3
Tryhard
4/8/2018 8:36pm
Pretty decent conditions here in virginia . Planning on working on my back yard track this week , Two hands and a shovel and just me myself , and maybe a beer ! Going to be tough , Wish i had more friends in the area to ride with . Hoping to get out weekend after next to the track!
JM485
4/8/2018 8:40pm
JM485 wrote:
You ride? What are you doing here posting dude?:laugh: This might be shocking, but I'm headed out to good old Carnegie this morning. Got a fresh...

mattyhamz2 wrote:
Hahaha weird isn’t it?

It was great! We had absolutely epic conditions, and it was a super cool day because EVERYONE was out there this weekend on their extended bikes testing for the race next weekend. Picture how the socal tracks get right before the nationals, it was basically like that up here with everyone testing their equipment out.

The big bore is a trip, it's a little bit slower reving, but you gain so much bottom end and torque that it doesn't really matter. I was also running a new gearing setup for me, 13/58, and that probably also played a part, but it was like it never really got to the rev limiter and I was able to use third gear pretty much any time I wanted on the hill. With the regular 450 motor I'm right up near the limiter all the way up, but with the 470 I don't think I ever even touched it all day. I'll have some footage and helmet cam stuff up within the next few days.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
4/8/2018 9:04pm
JM485 wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:
Hahaha weird isn’t it?

JM485 wrote:
It was great! We had absolutely epic conditions, and it was a super cool day because EVERYONE was out there this weekend on their extended bikes...
It was great! We had absolutely epic conditions, and it was a super cool day because EVERYONE was out there this weekend on their extended bikes testing for the race next weekend. Picture how the socal tracks get right before the nationals, it was basically like that up here with everyone testing their equipment out.

The big bore is a trip, it's a little bit slower reving, but you gain so much bottom end and torque that it doesn't really matter. I was also running a new gearing setup for me, 13/58, and that probably also played a part, but it was like it never really got to the rev limiter and I was able to use third gear pretty much any time I wanted on the hill. With the regular 450 motor I'm right up near the limiter all the way up, but with the 470 I don't think I ever even touched it all day. I'll have some footage and helmet cam stuff up within the next few days.
Man, I’d love to head up there to check it out one day. Do you guys have any hill climbs down here in so cal?

I’ve never known anyone with a big bore kit on a 450 that actually knew what they were doing on a bike. I’ll keep an eye out for the helmet cam vids!
NorCal 50+
4/8/2018 10:22pm
It was third and fourth gear sand berms at MMX today in Nor Cal on the RM250. That dirt is just insanely good.
It was my third ride after a five year layoff so I couldn't do it justice. But I left with a big grin...
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
4/8/2018 10:27pm
I rode Perris today, saw a #512 vital guy out there
Wade221
4/8/2018 10:48pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
It was third and fourth gear sand berms at MMX today in Nor Cal on the RM250. That dirt is just insanely good. It was my...
It was third and fourth gear sand berms at MMX today in Nor Cal on the RM250. That dirt is just insanely good.
It was my third ride after a five year layoff so I couldn't do it justice. But I left with a big grin...
Lucky!
Wade221
4/8/2018 10:50pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
It was third and fourth gear sand berms at MMX today in Nor Cal on the RM250. That dirt is just insanely good. It was my...

urbanlift707
4/9/2018 12:25am
Well I had some pretty epic riding today. Pictures can’t even come close to capturing how fun it was.

rongi#401
4/9/2018 1:55am
Right when I got home from vacation I got sick... Might hit up Perris this upcoming Wednesday with Mr Friday if he doesn't have work the next morning

Post a reply to: Who’s riding today?

The Latest