Who’s riding today?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/8/2018 7:40 AM

And where??

I finally get to dust off the bike and gear to ride for the first time since New Year’s Day. Heading out to LACR in a little over an hour to get some practice before the GP next weekend.

So where are you riding today?

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

4/8/2018 8:23 AM

You ride? What are you doing here posting dude?laughing

This might be shocking, but I'm headed out to good old Carnegie this morning. Got a fresh 470 big bore kit in one of my hillclimb bikes, as well as a new set of extensions, so I need to go break it in on some trails and then test some mapping out later in the day. Hope you have a good time, weather is great up here today so hopefully it's the same down there.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

4/8/2018 8:25 AM

Sh!t. It dumped all day yesterday. It's dumping now. Nothing here is rideable and won't be for at least a week. Fvcking Oregon sucks if you ride moto. I miss Norcal.

Hammer 663s

|

4/8/2018 8:57 AM

Waiting on parts....still Photo

|

4/8/2018 9:12 AM

Hammer 663s wrote:

Sh!t. It dumped all day yesterday. It's dumping now. Nothing here is rideable and won't be for at least a week. Fvcking Oregon sucks if you ride moto. I miss Norcal.

Hammer 663s

Really? We rode Rosland yesterday and it was prime. Not sure where in Oregon you are located.Photo

|

4/8/2018 9:21 AM

Hammer 663s wrote:

Hammer 663s

Looking like a mudder at Albany next Sunday ?

|

4/8/2018 9:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/8/2018 9:39 AM

Hammer 663s wrote:

Hammer 663s

I know your pain!!

|

4/8/2018 9:42 AM

Nursing a sore back so I'm just watching last nights SX again and posting here. Next week hopefully!

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

4/8/2018 10:13 AM

PNWOffroad wrote:

Really? We rode Rosland yesterday and it was prime. Not sure where in Oregon you are located.Photo

Western Oregon on the edge of the Coastal range. We get a LOT of rain here. I tried to ride my buddy's track Friday after work and while it looked good, it was like grease underneath. Almost fell 3 times on my sight lap and called it a day quickly. Mountain View MX was supposed to be open today but I'd expect they had to cancel due to all the rain.

Lots of clay here and no matter what you do for prep there's always a base that is super slick. In current conditions I can't trust the front end and I'm not good enough (or young enough) to just go for it and hope. smile

M

|

4/8/2018 10:16 AM

Hammer 663s wrote:

Hammer 663s

PNWOffroad wrote:

Hammer 663s wrote:

Western Oregon on the edge of the Coastal range. We get a LOT of rain here. I tried to ride my buddy's track Friday after work and while it looked good, it was like grease underneath. Almost fell 3 times on my sight lap and called it a day quickly. Mountain View MX was supposed to be open today but I'd expect they had to cancel due to all the rain.

Lots of clay here and no matter what you do for prep there's always a base that is super slick. In current conditions I can't trust the front end and I'm not good enough (or young enough) to just go for it and hope. smile

M

I feel ya, I live in the Willamette Valley. This time of year I pretty much plan on heading East.

|

4/8/2018 10:17 AM

Hammer 663s wrote:

Hammer 663s

mxer613 wrote:

Looking like a mudder at Albany next Sunday ?

Forecast is for rain off/on all week so I'd think so. Mountain View is supposed to have public days both Saturday and Sunday, so hope to get out for one of those if conditions allow. That place is super slick tho after any rain.

Wonder what you can do with these clay based tracks. Lots of sand/wood chips tilled in real deep? Make sure the track surface is elevated not cut in? Gonna try to figure it out with a private track I ride. Right now we can't put a dozer on it since it's so wet, and the dirt is too hydraulic to shape anything.

M

|

4/8/2018 10:27 AM

Snowing here again in Minnesota . Hopefully it starts to be spring here soon!

|

4/8/2018 12:19 PM

36 today. Ground still frozen. High of 41 next weekend with rain. This is why our bikes last so long. 3-4 months of riding per year tops. lol

|

4/8/2018 12:44 PM

Frank wrote:

36 today. Ground still frozen. High of 41 next weekend with rain. This is why our bikes last so long. 3-4 months of riding per year tops. lol

Frozen I can understand.That's a real solid reason to not ride. But 60 and soaking wet, I know the track will be sloppy and slippery and I feel like a wuss for not wanting to go out in that. But I'm too old to get hurt losing the front end at 5 MPH and smashing a shoulder. Depressing.

M

|

4/8/2018 1:15 PM

Frank wrote:

It’s like winter has shifted two month this year...

This pic is from last Dec 2nd at that Fond Du Lac track:

Photo

This was yesterday in northern WI driving to a snowmobile race in the U.P.:
Photo

|

4/8/2018 5:25 PM

I don't have any pics, but I went to Switchback MX today.

About 25 riders braved the cold/snow/slop to moto down.

It wasn't the best way to break in a new piston, but was a hoot!

It was fun until I got home and washed the YZ with just a hose.

Eastbound and down!

|

"Thank God my father wasn't rich."
-Hurricane

"You wouldn't take clay to Southwick, so why take sand to Red Bud?"
-DV

"I ride a two-stroke because I am Weigandt-level cheap"
-Me

4/8/2018 5:28 PM

JM485 wrote:

This might be shocking, but I'm headed out to good old Carnegie this morning. Got a fresh 470 big bore kit in one of my hillclimb bikes, as well as a new set of extensions, so I need to go break it in on some trails and then test some mapping out later in the day. Hope you have a good time, weather is great up here today so hopefully it's the same down there.

Hahaha weird isn’t it?

I saw that on your IG. How is the big bore kit?

|

2017 RMZ450
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

4/8/2018 6:16 PM

SKIDLID wrote:

Snowing here again in Minnesota . Hopefully it starts to be spring here soon!

Yeah it's Depressing
I'm in Mankato Mn
Where do you ride ?
Any tracks in your area

|

4/8/2018 8:11 PM

We are spoiled here in CA. I feel for the guys that still have winter like weather..

Dusted off one of the CR's from the stable & put in a days ride with one of my neighbors who rides an 05 CRF450X.

Just got in from a Hollister ride after washing the mud off.. It was packed today.. Had a Blast !

Photo

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

4/8/2018 8:21 PM

Did some riding today. Now I'll be cleaning all week.
Photo

Photo

Photo

|

4/8/2018 8:29 PM

Pretty miserable here right now. Not that far from Seattle , and well we all saw what that looked like.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

4/8/2018 8:35 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

Pretty miserable here right now. Not that far from Seattle , and well we all saw what that looked like.

Hopefully the forecast changes later this week, I’m running the Albany summer series, and next Sunday is race #3

|

4/8/2018 8:36 PM

Pretty decent conditions here in virginia . Planning on working on my back yard track this week , Two hands and a shovel and just me myself , and maybe a beer ! Going to be tough , Wish i had more friends in the area to ride with . Hoping to get out weekend after next to the track!

|

2018 crf 250r

4/8/2018 8:40 PM

JM485 wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Hahaha weird isn’t it?

It was great! We had absolutely epic conditions, and it was a super cool day because EVERYONE was out there this weekend on their extended bikes testing for the race next weekend. Picture how the socal tracks get right before the nationals, it was basically like that up here with everyone testing their equipment out.

The big bore is a trip, it's a little bit slower reving, but you gain so much bottom end and torque that it doesn't really matter. I was also running a new gearing setup for me, 13/58, and that probably also played a part, but it was like it never really got to the rev limiter and I was able to use third gear pretty much any time I wanted on the hill. With the regular 450 motor I'm right up near the limiter all the way up, but with the 470 I don't think I ever even touched it all day. I'll have some footage and helmet cam stuff up within the next few days.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

4/8/2018 9:04 PM

JM485 wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Hahaha weird isn’t it?

JM485 wrote:

It was great! We had absolutely epic conditions, and it was a super cool day because EVERYONE was out there this weekend on their extended bikes testing for the race next weekend. Picture how the socal tracks get right before the nationals, it was basically like that up here with everyone testing their equipment out.

The big bore is a trip, it's a little bit slower reving, but you gain so much bottom end and torque that it doesn't really matter. I was also running a new gearing setup for me, 13/58, and that probably also played a part, but it was like it never really got to the rev limiter and I was able to use third gear pretty much any time I wanted on the hill. With the regular 450 motor I'm right up near the limiter all the way up, but with the 470 I don't think I ever even touched it all day. I'll have some footage and helmet cam stuff up within the next few days.

Man, I’d love to head up there to check it out one day. Do you guys have any hill climbs down here in so cal?

I’ve never known anyone with a big bore kit on a 450 that actually knew what they were doing on a bike. I’ll keep an eye out for the helmet cam vids!

|

2017 RMZ450
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

IG @2HRacing

4/8/2018 10:22 PM

It was third and fourth gear sand berms at MMX today in Nor Cal on the RM250. That dirt is just insanely good.
It was my third ride after a five year layoff so I couldn't do it justice. But I left with a big grin...

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

4/8/2018 10:27 PM

I rode Perris today, saw a #512 vital guy out there

|

4/8/2018 10:48 PM

NorCal 50+ wrote:

It was third and fourth gear sand berms at MMX today in Nor Cal on the RM250. That dirt is just insanely good.
It was my third ride after a five year layoff so I couldn't do it justice. But I left with a big grin...

Lucky!

|

4/8/2018 10:50 PM

NorCal 50+ wrote:

Photo

|

4/9/2018 12:25 AM

Well I had some pretty epic riding today. Pictures can’t even come close to capturing how fun it was.
Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|