Who's racing Arenacross?

berno929
Fantasy
2519th
Edited Date/Time 11/16/2013 8:13am
With their decent TV deal, I'm always surprised that no one but Monster Amsoil Kawi and KTM seem to be putting some money into AX. Bowers and Ames are back on Babbits... Kelly Smith and Gavin Gracyk on team Faith KTM. Who else?
|
mx836
11/13/2013 5:02pm
TUF Honda? Did Gibson hang it up?
MX Culture
11/13/2013 5:20pm
Spinechillers KTM - Willy Browning, Nathan Skaggs, Mike McDade
BWR/FLY/Honda - Kyle White, Maxx Malatia, Malachi Messenger, Logan Skaggs
Woodstock KTM - Travis Sewell, Scott Zont, Erik Utech, Josh Osby
Suzuki - nobody I'm aware of
Yamaha- not likely happening
Honda - no support team
Privateers - Daniel Blair, Gared Steinke, Dave Ginolfi?, Gibson said he may do a few, Mages, ect..
yzvet426
11/13/2013 5:51pm
Cool to see a bunch f locals there. Mad Max Malita, Malachi Messanger whose family runs Ki tracks. And Scott Zont. good luck to all
JB 19
11/13/2013 6:00pm
mx836 wrote:
I talked to Gibson this summer and he said he was going to school to an electrician, but was still planning to do a few races for fun.

The Shop

MXerDW
11/13/2013 6:22pm
Brewer Cycles and motors built by Adams Performance - Jacob Hayes
DT1, Rekluse, Fox, Oakley, EVS
11/13/2013 6:25pm
mx836 wrote:
JB 19 wrote:
I talked to Gibson this summer and he said he was going to school to an electrician, but was still planning to do a few races...
I talked to Gibson this summer and he said he was going to school to an electrician, but was still planning to do a few races for fun.
He gets it. If you ever speak with this guy he knows where to place priorities. His van and bikes burning up was a tradgedy in itself. Glad he's gonna hit a few for fun, although now the apprenticeship program doesn't care that you're racing, they need you pulling wire and now getting hurt takes on a whole new meaning.
JB 19
11/13/2013 6:49pm Edited Date/Time 11/13/2013 6:50pm
mx836 wrote:
JB 19 wrote:
I talked to Gibson this summer and he said he was going to school to an electrician, but was still planning to do a few races...
He gets it. If you ever speak with this guy he knows where to place priorities. His van and bikes burning up was a tradgedy in...
He gets it. If you ever speak with this guy he knows where to place priorities. His van and bikes burning up was a tradgedy in itself. Glad he's gonna hit a few for fun, although now the apprenticeship program doesn't care that you're racing, they need you pulling wire and now getting hurt takes on a whole new meaning.
Yeah, Jeff's a smart guy. And a good dude too.
dgmx
11/14/2013 4:11am
MX Culture wrote:
Spinechillers KTM - Willy Browning, Nathan Skaggs, Mike McDade BWR/FLY/Honda - Kyle White, Maxx Malatia, Malachi Messenger, Logan Skaggs Woodstock KTM - Travis Sewell, Scott Zont...
Honda - no support team
Privateers - Daniel Blair, Gared Steinke, Dave Ginolfi?, Gibson said he may do a few, Mages, ect..
Hey Dave,
yup ill be doing AX again on the #9 KTM backed by KMS/Mandingo pickles/Cernics. I just got home from doing a little 5 week boot camp down at GPF, have some races lined up from now until the season starts with another 2 week trip planned to GPF
bradnelson
11/14/2013 4:40am
JB 19 wrote:
He gets it. If you ever speak with this guy he knows where to place priorities. His van and bikes burning up was a tradgedy in...
JB 19 wrote:
Yeah, Jeff's a smart guy. And a good dude too.
Yep, Jeffro has always been one of my favorite riders. Humble, nice, just a cool dude.
bradnelson
11/14/2013 4:41am
MX Culture wrote:
Spinechillers KTM - Willy Browning, Nathan Skaggs, Mike McDade BWR/FLY/Honda - Kyle White, Maxx Malatia, Malachi Messenger, Logan Skaggs Woodstock KTM - Travis Sewell, Scott Zont...
Honda - no support team
dgmx wrote:
Hey Dave, yup ill be doing AX again on the #9 KTM backed by KMS/Mandingo pickles/Cernics. I just got home from doing a little 5 week...
Hey Dave,
yup ill be doing AX again on the #9 KTM backed by KMS/Mandingo pickles/Cernics. I just got home from doing a little 5 week boot camp down at GPF, have some races lined up from now until the season starts with another 2 week trip planned to GPF
Wow, Ginolfi ? I didn't know you came to this place. Good luck this year.
ga_pike
11/14/2013 4:44am
It was only a few years ago that Suzuki not only raced, but had the dominate team in AX. They had "big" names racing for them too. Now they don't even fund a team.

Interestingly, this "lack of support" at this level may be coming to an end if the "Road to SX" thing continues. These "next big thing" kids will have to race AX and earn enough advancement points... don't you think there will be some level of support from the different manufacturers to get their guys through? Or am I off base and there will still be a way to advance to SX without racing AX (2015 I think)?
Jakes Dad
11/14/2013 5:12am
ga_pike wrote:
It was only a few years ago that Suzuki not only raced, but had the dominate team in AX. They had "big" names racing for them...
It was only a few years ago that Suzuki not only raced, but had the dominate team in AX. They had "big" names racing for them too. Now they don't even fund a team.

Interestingly, this "lack of support" at this level may be coming to an end if the "Road to SX" thing continues. These "next big thing" kids will have to race AX and earn enough advancement points... don't you think there will be some level of support from the different manufacturers to get their guys through? Or am I off base and there will still be a way to advance to SX without racing AX (2015 I think)?
That's the way it should be BUT if it's the "Road to Supercross" I still say they need to advance out and not return year after year. Give the upcoming amateurs that ride at Babbits or Team Faith.
bradnelson
11/14/2013 5:20am
ga_pike wrote:
It was only a few years ago that Suzuki not only raced, but had the dominate team in AX. They had "big" names racing for them...

This "should" mean we will be seeing Geico, Pro Circuit, Star, etc. coming to AX with their rookies........ right ?
Gebken40
11/14/2013 5:27am
Judging by the schedule... Nobody from the midwest will be doing it.
dgmx
11/14/2013 5:32am
Yah I come on here every morning while im at work, its like the MX tabloids fun reads. and thanks for wishing me luck, as far as the chance of seeing some real support in AX in the form of pc, geico ect .maybe even satelite teams of those teams would be awesome and im hoping thats the case. in theory it may open up some jobs for former ax managers, or thats just my wishful thinking for a job after my racing career.
dgmx
11/14/2013 5:38am
ga_pike wrote:

Jakes Dad wrote:
That's the way it should be BUT if it's the "Road to Supercross" I still say they need to advance out and not return year after...
That's the way it should be BUT if it's the "Road to Supercross" I still say they need to advance out and not return year after year. Give the upcoming amateurs that ride at Babbits or Team Faith.
I see where you are coming from but if every year there were new rookies I think it would be hard for any fans of AX to follow riders they enjoy. I think its confusing because there are some established AX riders and its its own sport yet they are pushing it to be the "road to supercross" but i think its more of a " if you can hold you own with these AX guys than you can move on to SX if you want to, but if you want to stay in AX and grow the sport go ahead and stay" the thing is they arent asking for much out of a rider to get their SX points, pretty much you just have to sign up for 3 weekends worth of racing. back to my orginaly though the "road to sx" is a bit missleading
sybro
11/14/2013 10:03am
Coming to Albany Dave ?

Bring some of the Hot pickles, i'll buy some SmileSmileSmile
sybro
11/14/2013 10:06am
DirtbikeMike 2014 Team Riders

#289 Davey Sterritt Athens, New York
#845 Brandon Glenn Mesquite, Texas
#384 Jeremy Pronovost Quebec, Canada
#76 Brian Alquist LaGrange, California
#603 Pat Delowery Rochester, Massachusetts
Jakes Dad
11/14/2013 11:33am
ga_pike wrote:

Jakes Dad wrote:
That's the way it should be BUT if it's the "Road to Supercross" I still say they need to advance out and not return year after...
dgmx wrote:
I see where you are coming from but if every year there were new rookies I think it would be hard for any fans of AX...
I see where you are coming from but if every year there were new rookies I think it would be hard for any fans of AX to follow riders they enjoy. I think its confusing because there are some established AX riders and its its own sport yet they are pushing it to be the "road to supercross" but i think its more of a " if you can hold you own with these AX guys than you can move on to SX if you want to, but if you want to stay in AX and grow the sport go ahead and stay" the thing is they arent asking for much out of a rider to get their SX points, pretty much you just have to sign up for 3 weekends worth of racing. back to my orginaly though the "road to sx" is a bit missleading
That is a very good point there, almost like Bowers going to the big show and almost taking it. I guess it's not like they expect championships out of these kids, just experience to move on.
neysbo
11/14/2013 12:23pm
This is from the 2014 Rule Change Bulletin- so they added in the last bullet I would imagine to cover the up and coming factory riders so they won't have to do Arenacross

Requirements for a 2015 and beyond AMA 250SX license****
a. All license applicants must be at least 16 years of age at the time of application.
b. Prior to being accepted for entry for any AMA Supercross meet, each rider must provide documentation that they have completed an ImPACT
Concussion Management Test, which shall be used by the Chief Medical Officer, to assist in determining when a rider will be allowed to return to
competition after suffering a concussion.
c. Earn 1 “Road to Supercross” point from the Arenacross class at a minimum of three separate Arenacross events from the 2013/14/15 season (for a
total of 3 “Road to Supercross” points earned in one season).
d. The AMA may issue a license to any rider who does not meet the above criteria if it determines, in its sole discretion, the rider has adequate
competition experience.
therealjonon
11/14/2013 12:30pm
arenacross? I thought bookoo wasn't around anymore. THAT was arenacross.
Team Ideal
11/14/2013 1:32pm
personally I'm not a fan of this road to supercross. 1 point at three different events means 1000's of miles. I understand if your going to be doing SX there's 1000's of miles involved but to make guys drive half way around the nation just to get their SX license...just another huge cost for the privateer IMO. there are at least one or two other AX series that draws a fast enough crowd that you should be able to earn points in them also. at least then you could keep the cost down somewhat.

and I agree with neysbo, the factory team guys are going to get a bye
Rockstar
11/14/2013 4:57pm
I remember back in the day, Motoworld Racing Suzuki had an Arenacross team. Hofmaster, Brayton, Jesseman, and even Dowdy all rode for them at one time or another. That was before the economy tanked and support dried up...
Kyle978
11/14/2013 6:38pm Edited Date/Time 11/14/2013 6:39pm
West Coast Chill/Milestone MX/YNOT Racing

#574 Cory Reed
#63 Jaisaac Sloan

Both are trained/coached by Justin Buckelew. I am Cory's mechanic, and we are looking forward to the season.

Glad to see McDade got picked up by Spinechillers, he's a good dude and was doing it all on his own with a nearly stock bike last year.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1635th
11/14/2013 7:49pm
I miss the old days of AX. Riding both classes dash for cash. Demuth, Budman, Neese, Hoffmaster, Hagseth, Willoh, Lange, Colt Humprey
Money
11/14/2013 8:12pm
Whatever happened to tyler bright? Wish hed show bak up at an AX!
nc97
11/14/2013 8:17pm Edited Date/Time 11/14/2013 8:18pm
Money wrote:
Whatever happened to tyler bright? Wish hed show bak up at an AX!
Going to school .. Not riding at the time
rhargrave431
11/14/2013 8:38pm
I think one benefit of the Road to Supercross is with all these people retiring from SX such as sipes and Craig, making these kids ride in Arenacross may open their eyes and minds to racing full time AX. They will have to race it at the start, and may grow to like it and realize there is a opportunity to become a real force in AX whereas they may not have the same success In SX, as well as make a living do it.

Post a reply to: Who's racing Arenacross?

The Latest