Who's making the trip?

flymoto
With only 6 weeks to go, and a lot of hype/controversy surrounding the mxon though it would be good to see who's making the trip to matterley? All this talks really getting me in the mood and I cant wait never done the mxon before!! Only a 5 hour drive for me, I guess a lot of you will be coming further?!

Share your stories of the old mxons!
|
Neo78
8/15/2017 3:14am
I'm in. Treated the old man to VIP tickets.
AK74
8/15/2017 4:09am
Yes, I'll be there.

This video is always good value. The reply that Stefan Everts gives to the question in the post-race press conference, and Joel Robert's facial reaction, are a couple of personal highlights.

Renner153
Fantasy
3578th
8/15/2017 4:37am
I will be flying over. The only MXdN experience I have is budds creek. Looking forward to matterly basin for sure.
mxmasta
Fantasy
724th
8/15/2017 5:21am
Will be there just like nearly every year since Budds Creek 2007 (only skipped 2010, 14, 15). If you see the guy in my profile pic, say hi, it should be me Wink

The Shop

8/15/2017 5:46am
Went to Matterly in 06 and couldn't speak for a week after from leaning over the fence and cheering the riders on.
Great days racing , excellent atmosphere, but I'm out this year I would have loved it to be at Glen Helen, just somewhere different would have been nice, I just don't want to compare it to 06 but will still watch on the couch though.
tcallahan707
8/15/2017 8:07am Edited Date/Time 8/15/2017 8:08am
I'll be there. I attended Budd's Creek and Thunder Valley and loved the event. I knew I needed to get to Europe to really see what MXDN is about. Turned it into a 3 week trip. 1 week hiking in the Dolomites, 1 week road tripping through Austria, Germany and Czech Republic, then a week in the UK. Someone posted awhile back about being the go to campsite for a good time. Anyone remember who that was?

8/15/2017 8:20am
I'll be there. I attended Budd's Creek and Thunder Valley and loved the event. I knew I needed to get to Europe to really see what...
I'll be there. I attended Budd's Creek and Thunder Valley and loved the event. I knew I needed to get to Europe to really see what MXDN is about. Turned it into a 3 week trip. 1 week hiking in the Dolomites, 1 week road tripping through Austria, Germany and Czech Republic, then a week in the UK. Someone posted awhile back about being the go to campsite for a good time. Anyone remember who that was?

I think that might be a guy called travis grant but I might be totally wrong.

Not planning on going, been to the last 2 GP's there but just don't fancy the mad rush to get out, took us 3 hours to get to the motorway last year.

Saying that though, the track is amazing, you can see about 80% of it at any one place.
flymoto
8/15/2017 8:56am
Yeh I think it was travis who mentioned about the campsite. Ill be there from Friday to Monday Smile never stayed on the campsite before so expecting hell through the night!

Really hope we get some good weather and great racing!!
Bluelion
8/15/2017 9:20am
Yes, I am all booked up and ready to go. I am making the trip as well. Hoping for great weather and a good race no matter who wins. Hoping to hook up with other American fans...Will be supporting the American team no matter who is on it.
Sidecar
8/15/2017 11:01am
Me and my brother are going.... Got a big family party that weekend, in laws 50th wedding anniversary, at our house already told the wife I won't be at the party, she said I know, it's the des nations... There's a reason she's my wife!!!!
8/15/2017 11:44am
Renner153 wrote:
I will be flying over. The only MXdN experience I have is budds creek. Looking forward to matterly basin for sure.
Bring Ricky and i'll buy you a few drinks!
philG
8/15/2017 12:42pm
Sidecar wrote:
Me and my brother are going.... Got a big family party that weekend, in laws 50th wedding anniversary, at our house already told the wife I...
Me and my brother are going.... Got a big family party that weekend, in laws 50th wedding anniversary, at our house already told the wife I won't be at the party, she said I know, it's the des nations... There's a reason she's my wife!!!!
I am sure she arranged it so you wernt under her feet.
robkinuk
8/15/2017 12:51pm

Vital meet up/ party Saturday after qualifying at Monster rig? Fancy dress optional ......... A drink for anyone turning up in an Elk costume.Woohoo
If Rupert X is coming he can be Master of Ceremonies, schenannigans, Tom foolery etc.
Let's make it happen.......
ayearinmx
8/15/2017 1:18pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2017 1:19pm
"where were you when Team GB finally won the MXoN, in front of 50,000 screaming brits??"
"well.... i was watching at home, because i don't like sitting in traffic....."

believe me, i get it, the traffic has sucked badly getting out of there.... but considering how good this event is, and (imho) how good of a chance we have of winning, due to it being a pretty open contest, i couldn't even consider watching from home.

13th in a row for me.... maybe one day i'll overtake Tanel Leok Laughing
philG
8/15/2017 1:23pm
ayearinmx wrote:
"where were you when Team GB finally won the MXoN, in front of 50,000 screaming brits??" "well.... i was watching at home, because i don't like...
"where were you when Team GB finally won the MXoN, in front of 50,000 screaming brits??"
"well.... i was watching at home, because i don't like sitting in traffic....."

believe me, i get it, the traffic has sucked badly getting out of there.... but considering how good this event is, and (imho) how good of a chance we have of winning, due to it being a pretty open contest, i couldn't even consider watching from home.

13th in a row for me.... maybe one day i'll overtake Tanel Leok Laughing
i laughed at this too. The expectation of a great atmosphere , and being able to get out in 20 mins.

Missed a couple , including last year, due to my own racing , this year clashes as well, but we will be there
Spergen
8/15/2017 3:56pm
I will be driving down too. Just not sure if VIP camping is worth it, wasn't it just as bad as general at last year's GP?

Post a reply to: Who's making the trip?

The Latest