Who's going to surprise outdoors? 450 Edition

TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
Edited Date/Time 5/8/2015 3:09am
We know who the main contenders will be, but who will be the next to break out and surprise people like Seely did in SX?

Baggett? (kind of expect him to do well but it would still surprise many if he's running Dungey/Tomac/Roczen speed)
Anderson?
Seely? (face it, no one really expects him to do as well outdoors as he did in SX)
Pieck?
Barcia? (will he get back to form in the outdoors?)
Reed? (highly unlikely but I've learned to never count him out)
Brayton? (not much of an outdoor rider so any top 5 would be very surprising, but that new KTM is a heck of a bike)
Hahn? (we have yet to really see what he's got on the KX, and he seems highly highly motivated)
Pourcel? (the biggest surprise for me would be to see him do well in any 2nd moto)

Someone else?

I've got my money on Baggett. He seems very confident this year but he always seemed like he was holding back just a bit, maybe playing it cautious knowing that it's his rookie season and the best way to learn is to be in it every race. Outdoors however is is comfort zone and the way he looks on that RMZ, he could be battling for wins.
|
Rowlands
5/6/2015 1:36pm
I am going with Barcia, let's be honest he has been average for him in the SX. I hope he is in the mix, I think we are going to see some good racing as everyone seems to be fit. Pity no bubba though Sad

The Shop

TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
5/6/2015 1:58pm
mauidex wrote:
mudflaps
No THAT would be surprising. Given his recent lack of fitness, and what would likely be a drop to lesser equipment, I would be astonished to see him do any better outdoors than in SX.
mauidex
5/6/2015 2:06pm
was total sarcasm............just to spice it up a bit ya knowEvil
mx836
5/6/2015 2:09pm
Only person I can see running with Roczen, Dungey, or Tomac other than a healthy Canard is Blake Baggett
dak446
5/6/2015 3:15pm
Agreed with the Baggett comments.
brimx153
5/6/2015 3:46pm
at this stage , i dont think that Baggett , winning races would be a surprise after how well he did in SX . his starts have been so much better to , with the longer striaght s , i think he ll get alot of holeshots , which will be a change from his 250 day s.
i think tickle can do really well this year , his speed in SX never got the result s it deserved ,plus he is a better outdoor rider
also i think grant is going to be up front alot . he had his best SX season in year s , has always had the speed . if he stays healthy i can see him winning motos this year
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
5/6/2015 4:02pm
The real unknowns for me are Anderson, Seely and Barcia. I feel like Anderson is in better shape than years past where he struggled outdoors with fitness. He is essentially on the championship winning bike so it'll be interesting. Seely could be much better on the 450 given his style. If he has the fitness, he could do very well on rough tracks where line choice is key - just like Baggett and Pourcel tend to do. Then of course there's Barcia and who the heck knows which Barcia will show up. If he can gel with the bike we might see signs of the old Bam Bam, but who knows.
captmoto
5/6/2015 4:26pm
Seely. He's got a taste of being up front. Anderson maybe.
bsharkey
5/6/2015 4:30pm
captmoto wrote:
Seely. He's got a taste of being up front. Anderson maybe.
id love to see him up his game outdoors too and be a contender for at least the poduim
Olson
5/6/2015 4:34pm
I know it gets very predictable when we Swedes keep bringing this up. And although Norén finished 10th in points last year I expect him to be up there this season too, even though this field STARTS out very strong. He's on a better bike than he started last season on and on a team his been on for a while now. If Crossland/GPI can get that Honda deal together I expect him to fight at the top. Maybe not for podiums and wins, but wouldn't be surprised if he got close. He had knee surgery just a week ago but his testing has been really good and his lap times have been on par with guys mentioned in this thread.

And as someone else said, I expect Brake Bracket to fight for wins. He's fast outdoors.
kevin204
Fantasy
2865th
5/6/2015 4:47pm
Baggett is going to win a lot of motos and finish top 3 in the series. Won't be surprising to me, but it will be to some.
brimx153
5/6/2015 4:50pm
Olson wrote:
I know it gets very predictable when we Swedes keep bringing this up. And although Norén finished 10th in points last year I expect him to...
I know it gets very predictable when we Swedes keep bringing this up. And although Norén finished 10th in points last year I expect him to be up there this season too, even though this field STARTS out very strong. He's on a better bike than he started last season on and on a team his been on for a while now. If Crossland/GPI can get that Honda deal together I expect him to fight at the top. Maybe not for podiums and wins, but wouldn't be surprised if he got close. He had knee surgery just a week ago but his testing has been really good and his lap times have been on par with guys mentioned in this thread.

And as someone else said, I expect Brake Bracket to fight for wins. He's fast outdoors.
i really think noren will be beating the likes of brayton ,seeley ,hann , this year
brimx153
5/6/2015 4:53pm
a real surprise would be TOMMY HANN , he has shown serious speed outdoors before , if he could stay healthy ,
5/6/2015 6:02pm
Justin Barcia - I am having high hopes that he will find his flow Outdoors. He has the skill.
I also expect Weston to win at least one moto and be on the podium. Wanting to see JGR get good results.
stewie94
5/6/2015 6:11pm
Justin Barcia - I am having high hopes that he will find his flow Outdoors. He has the skill. I also expect Weston to win at...
Justin Barcia - I am having high hopes that he will find his flow Outdoors. He has the skill.
I also expect Weston to win at least one moto and be on the podium. Wanting to see JGR get good results.
peick to win a moto?? i seriously doubt he can beat roczen , tomac & dunge for a 30 plus moto
MR. X
5/6/2015 6:18pm
I would love to see Blake up to speed this year . He could absolutely run up front the whole moto (or come from mid pack at the halfway mark)
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
5/6/2015 6:19pm
I'd say Grant was a suprise last year, when he won the first moto of the season, so he could be one.

I'm curious to see what Peick will do outdoors.

I think Baggett will be a threat.
TanHner36
5/6/2015 6:20pm
Hoping Barcia being able to open up that Yami will put him up front
5/6/2015 6:25pm
Justin Barcia - I am having high hopes that he will find his flow Outdoors. He has the skill. I also expect Weston to win at...
stewie94 wrote:
peick to win a moto?? i seriously doubt he can beat roczen , tomac & dunge for a 30 plus moto
If he is 100% healthy and in the right mindset, I can see Peick holding off Roczen for one moto. Not for an overall though. GuyB reminded me of Grant beating K-Roc at Glen Helen. The #33 held off the #94 and The Diesel, and I'm a huge Dungey fan. You don't think Peick has the grit and desire to get himself a moto win?
racerx221
5/6/2015 6:52pm
the lack of two strokes in the field...oh wait that really doesn't surprise me, carry on.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1658th
5/6/2015 6:55pm
That Cole Seely guy is going to do well!
gsxr6
5/6/2015 7:20pm
Read none of the thread. I'd say bagget . that being said, shouldn't really be a surprise. And it is not to me. ( he of the single digit club lol)
stewie94
5/6/2015 7:21pm Edited Date/Time 5/6/2015 7:22pm
stewie94 wrote:
If he is 100% healthy and in the right mindset, I can see Peick holding off Roczen for one moto. Not for an overall though. GuyB...
If he is 100% healthy and in the right mindset, I can see Peick holding off Roczen for one moto. Not for an overall though. GuyB reminded me of Grant beating K-Roc at Glen Helen. The #33 held off the #94 and The Diesel, and I'm a huge Dungey fan. You don't think Peick has the grit and desire to get himself a moto win?
imo peick has speed but his fitness is not where its at to win a moto this season , try again next season , i wouldnt be shocked if he podiums but a win?? thts stretch & grant is a better outdoor rider than pieck anyway

Post a reply to: Who's going to surprise outdoors? 450 Edition

The Latest