Who's excited for Izzi?

msp138
8/18/2011 6:02am Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 12:17pm
I think the guy has blazing speed on a bike. He proved he can still run with the top lites guys in motocross. Everyone says his fitness isn't there, but I think anyone would be a little more tired holding on to that bucking bike for 30+2. I think he has a good chance on this Valli Yamaha ride. The team has Wey which will be a good mentor to him since they are both from Michigan and both had up and down careers. I think he is gonna turn a lot of heads if they get him out on the track before the end of the season. I know a lot of people don't like him because they think he's a punk, but lets be honest everyone has their little punk phase in life so don't judge him on that. I'm looking forward to see him rip it up on that bike!
|
8/18/2011 6:08am
I don't recall Canard, Hepler, Wharton, Tickle, Tomac or Dungey going through their punk phase
8/18/2011 6:26am
msp138 wrote:
I think the guy has blazing speed on a bike. He proved he can still run with the top lites guys in motocross. Everyone says his...
I think the guy has blazing speed on a bike. He proved he can still run with the top lites guys in motocross. Everyone says his fitness isn't there, but I think anyone would be a little more tired holding on to that bucking bike for 30+2. I think he has a good chance on this Valli Yamaha ride. The team has Wey which will be a good mentor to him since they are both from Michigan and both had up and down careers. I think he is gonna turn a lot of heads if they get him out on the track before the end of the season. I know a lot of people don't like him because they think he's a punk, but lets be honest everyone has their little punk phase in life so don't judge him on that. I'm looking forward to see him rip it up on that bike!
I understand what you mean.

SlowOldGuy does have a point, but I do think that Izzi is on the up. He was very fast and was amongst the top 3 leaving amateurs. He's has gone about it a different way and I reckon he will be on the box soon enough. He is fast, simple as that. It's just getting the head in the game (I think he has it now) and being able to train hard and everyday like the factory riders do and he will be fine!

Just my opinion!
fader418
8/18/2011 7:01am
Izzy surprised me this summer for sure. Good luck!
lumpy790
8/18/2011 7:10am
While not big $$ PC or Geico good I thought his Honda was working extremely well.

The Shop

msp138
8/18/2011 7:17am
lumpy790 wrote:
While not big $$ PC or Geico good I thought his Honda was working extremely well.
Oh yeah I think his bike was a rocket and he made the best situation for the opportunity he had. I just think the Valli bike will be a good fresh start. Especially on a 450 he'll haul, let alone having a bigger team to test with good resources. We might see another surprise out front in a 450 moto.
MX Culture
8/18/2011 7:22am
I for one can't wait to see him on a 450, I don't recall ever seeing that and I think he'll do good on one.
downandup
8/18/2011 8:05am
msp138 wrote:
Oh yeah I think his bike was a rocket and he made the best situation for the opportunity he had. I just think the Valli bike...
Oh yeah I think his bike was a rocket and he made the best situation for the opportunity he had. I just think the Valli bike will be a good fresh start. Especially on a 450 he'll haul, let alone having a bigger team to test with good resources. We might see another surprise out front in a 450 moto.
"a good fresh start"?

How many good fresh starts does the guy need? He has had so many chances and has messed them all. He is just another J-Law.

He is fast, I'll give him that, he is just a f-wad.
Dave927
8/18/2011 8:16am
downandup wrote:
"a good fresh start"? How many good fresh starts does the guy need? He has had so many chances and has messed them all. He is...
"a good fresh start"?

How many good fresh starts does the guy need? He has had so many chances and has messed them all. He is just another J-Law.

A little harsh calling him a "f-wad" don't you think? Unless you personally know him, keep those kind of comments to yourself, dick

I too am excited to see him on a 450
msp138
8/18/2011 8:19am
well he was cranking it out in a box van just recently.... I don't remember JLAW going to the races like that. What do you mean by had so many chances.... factory suzuki did really well first year then broke both ankles in supercoss out for the rest of the year ...DNA shred sticks which i don't think he got along with his setup because hes been riding suzuki forever... then Kilbarger racing out of a box van. Correct me if i'm wrong but where is all these chances he messed up. if injuries are messing up chances then i guess your right
downandup
8/18/2011 8:24am Edited Date/Time 8/18/2011 8:24am
Dave927 wrote:
A little harsh calling him a "f-wad" don't you think? Unless you personally know him, keep those kind of comments to yourself, dick I too am...
A little harsh calling him a "f-wad" don't you think? Unless you personally know him, keep those kind of comments to yourself, dick

I too am excited to see him on a 450
He did something really perfidious to super close friend of mine, so I can't stand the guy.

Does it show?? ha ha
stackman17
8/18/2011 8:51am
I am not a pot stirrer. I just saw this tweet from Top Jimmy on Racer X :

"One person whos a big piece of shit is Nico Izzi... Does he have a twitter so i can personally tell him?"im?"

Does this have something to do with Izzi's Valli deal?

Just wondering.
msp138
8/18/2011 8:56am
Who is TopJjimmy?
jeffro503
8/18/2011 8:58am
SlowOldGuy wrote:
I don't recall Canard, Hepler, Wharton, Tickle, Tomac or Dungey going through their punk phase
^^^^ This.

On a side note : yeah , I'd like to see Izzi out there on the 450. But if the 250 was getting him tired , the 450 class is a whole different ball of wax. I don't think he has the fitness to get passed the 20 minute mark , but I'm sure he will be putting down some fast laps for sure.
jeffro503
8/18/2011 9:00am
msp138 wrote:
Who is TopJjimmy?
I think that would be Jimmy Albertson.
jeffro503
8/18/2011 9:02am
I wonder what that's about? Jimmy seems like a really cool cat.....so Izzi must of done something to piss him off. Hopefully Jimmy is still on the team , and getting Izzi in there , they didn't bump Jimmy off.
yithrive
8/18/2011 9:04am
I do know Nico personally, does the "kid" have some issues, yes. But it doesn't mean he is a bad person. He is very fast on that bike, i have seen him run the same lap times as Barcia on the 450 and a sec off RV. I still think his fitness will hold him back on the bigger bike. But Valli has been making him practice 5 days a week and has paid for a trainer for him. I was very skeptical about him leaving Kilbarger but it turns out that this is something he needed and I think the team is handling him the right way. If he can ever get over his fears, he can be a contender.

oh and downandup, if your friend who you are talking about rides a green bike, then you aren't much of a friend for supporting his non-family relationship.
downandup
8/18/2011 9:09am Edited Date/Time 8/18/2011 9:13am
I agree with Albertson. And no, my friend is not riding green. That is someone else (Weimer) that Izzi has pissed off.
msp138
8/18/2011 9:10am
i still cant find him on twitter or on racerx's twitter where it says him saying that
DownSouth
8/18/2011 9:11am Edited Date/Time 8/18/2011 9:15am
stackman17 wrote:
I am not a pot stirrer. I just saw this tweet from Top Jimmy on Racer X : [b]"One person whos a big piece of shit...

"One person whos a big piece of shit is Nico Izzi... Does he have a twitter so i can personally tell him?"im?"

Just wondering.
That looks to be a retweet from that kid Sinjin who calls the pulp show and cusses like a sailor.

http://twitter.com/#!/JimmyAlbertson

And top Jimmy replied to the kid with "for the record tho nico has been working his ass off lately and is really making good changes! See you at gh bro."
stackman17
8/18/2011 9:28am
stackman17 wrote:
I am not a pot stirrer. I just saw this tweet from Top Jimmy on Racer X : [b]"One person whos a big piece of shit...

Just wondering.
DownSouth wrote:
That looks to be a retweet from that kid Sinjin who calls the pulp show and cusses like a sailor. http://twitter.com/#!/JimmyAlbertson And top Jimmy replied to...
That looks to be a retweet from that kid Sinjin who calls the pulp show and cusses like a sailor.

http://twitter.com/#!/JimmyAlbertson

And top Jimmy replied to the kid with "for the record tho nico has been working his ass off lately and is really making good changes! See you at gh bro."
I sincerely apologize for the incorrect information. I have met top jimmy several times and that seems out of character for him. I do not believe he would call out a teammate on a public forum. I am new to this and do not facebook, tweet or any of that other crap. Go ahead with the pitchforks, I deserve it in this case.
SlowMoFo
8/18/2011 9:42am
How can having another fast guy in the class hurt? Hope he does well, he is young and has the talent. He just needs a little better work ethic, I think thats whats missing but.......what do I know. Just a guess.
loftyair
8/18/2011 10:25am
I was a fan if Izzi' s in the beginning, but he got hurt a few times, then saw this vid of him, he was a bit too 'gangsta' acting, and didn't seem too in to it, like a millsaps thing. He is very fast for sure, I do hope he can get his act together and get some good results, but I am skeptical that will happen. The getting hurt thing sure pulls the confidence down alot, then they have to work so hard to get back, and most of the time it just doesn't work out.
8/18/2011 11:09am
For the record, I think this might be a good move for Nico. And also, my first comment didn't mean I think he is a punk, or is going through a punk stage. I just meant that not everyone goes through that stage.
motokiwi
Fantasy
235th
8/18/2011 1:03pm
They should have a race between Izzi, J-Law and Stroupe... Winner gets an 8ball Smile
Butters
8/18/2011 1:30pm
Did someone say 8 ball?
avidchimp
Fantasy
1102nd
8/18/2011 1:38pm
Butters wrote:
Did someone say 8 ball?
I think someone said Camel Toe...
Ddavis
8/18/2011 1:43pm
13-11
Sondy132001
8/18/2011 1:44pm
msp138 wrote:
Oh yeah I think his bike was a rocket and he made the best situation for the opportunity he had. I just think the Valli bike...
downandup wrote:
"a good fresh start"? How many good fresh starts does the guy need? He has had so many chances and has messed them all. He is...
"a good fresh start"?

Listen until you've walked in a guys shoes, don't be so quick to judge. No one's perfect, shit happens along the way, some people mature or realize things at an older age then others. When you grow up with people climbing up your ass for everything and anything, treat you like a rock star, anyone could have issues, some it doesn't affect, others it does. Maybe Nico finally understands what it is and what he needs to do, MOT on.

S

Post a reply to: Who's excited for Izzi?

The Latest