Who's could buy Chad's training facility?

I'm going to pick JA21. Has to be someone earning big coin like him and with the potential to utilise the place to the fullest. Even though he has Baker's at his disposal, at that level, you need to keep some things to yourself. Bet he'll be doing the hard sell on him while both are in Australia.
|
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
6/28/2018 10:26pm
I'm going to pick JA21. Has to be someone earning big coin like him and with the potential to utilise the place to the fullest. Even...
I'm going to pick JA21. Has to be someone earning big coin like him and with the potential to utilise the place to the fullest. Even though he has Baker's at his disposal, at that level, you need to keep some things to yourself. Bet he'll be doing the hard sell on him while both are in Australia.
No way. Not enough years left to justify that cost.

If I'm not wrong, there are some decent noise/hour restrictions on that place.
6/28/2018 10:38pm
Who else is there left with that kind of bank? Kenny has already got a place down there hasn't he? Marv? Web? Zack O? Aaron Plessinger if he takes the double crown?
hamncheeze
6/28/2018 11:08pm
They don’t always go to pros. Look at the Sandbox aka the Nest. It was the Alias guy Grondahl who bought it for his kid. Now sold to the Dreamtraax guy (I think) who runs it?

Maybe Swanepoel could buy Reed’s to take his program to the next level.
Kyle_McNab
6/28/2018 11:29pm
I'm going to pick JA21. Has to be someone earning big coin like him and with the potential to utilise the place to the fullest. Even...
Dude he went and trained in Cali before the sx season because he doesn’t like Florida. He’s probably the last guy to buy the property

The Shop

Motofinne
6/28/2018 11:35pm
I will buy it, if i win the lottery.

I'll invite all the vitards for a opening weekend.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
6/29/2018 12:10am
Who else is there left with that kind of bank? Kenny has already got a place down there hasn't he? Marv? Web? Zack O? Aaron Plessinger...
Who else is there left with that kind of bank? Kenny has already got a place down there hasn't he? Marv? Web? Zack O? Aaron Plessinger if he takes the double crown?
Kenny leases a spot at the Moto Sandbox with AC, Seely/Craig, and Sexton. Kenny also prefers to do his winter boot camp and early SX season above Santa Babara at Castillo Ranch.

Zacho, Musquin, and Anderson will stay at Aldon's. Ando is doing more California time during SX anyways...

Barcia has his own spot.

Baggett has his own spot.

TLD riders are at Aldon's, except Cantrell...he's at Baggett's.

Rockstar Husky is all at Aldon's.

J-Mart and Tomac seem to be clicking in Colorado.

JGR boys have their track and Club MX nearby.

Savatgy and Bogle at Carmichael's

Forkner and Bloss at Reynard's

McAdoo at ClubMX

Hampshire setup a track at an existing facility up in Northern Florida, where he is from.

Plessinger currently is at Webb's...not sure how that will work if Webb switches teams and Plessinger goes 450.

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
6/29/2018 12:22am
Who are the next top amateurs? Maybe one of those kids/parent's after Loretta Lynn's.

What about that Lawrence guy that signed with Geico?

In reality just about anyone with the coin can buy it. Most likely will be someone in the sport and not a farmer.
calcoast
6/29/2018 12:37am
Any idea what he’s asking?
6/29/2018 2:00am
Who else is there left with that kind of bank? Kenny has already got a place down there hasn't he? Marv? Web? Zack O? Aaron Plessinger...
ML512 wrote:
Kenny leases a spot at the Moto Sandbox with AC, Seely/Craig, and Sexton. Kenny also prefers to do his winter boot camp and early SX season...
Kenny leases a spot at the Moto Sandbox with AC, Seely/Craig, and Sexton. Kenny also prefers to do his winter boot camp and early SX season above Santa Babara at Castillo Ranch.

Zacho, Musquin, and Anderson will stay at Aldon's. Ando is doing more California time during SX anyways...

Barcia has his own spot.

Baggett has his own spot.

TLD riders are at Aldon's, except Cantrell...he's at Baggett's.

Rockstar Husky is all at Aldon's.

J-Mart and Tomac seem to be clicking in Colorado.

JGR boys have their track and Club MX nearby.

Savatgy and Bogle at Carmichael's

Forkner and Bloss at Reynard's

McAdoo at ClubMX

Hampshire setup a track at an existing facility up in Northern Florida, where he is from.

Plessinger currently is at Webb's...not sure how that will work if Webb switches teams and Plessinger goes 450.

Thanks. Knew you would be on the bubble with that one. Also wanted to start something of interest. Decent pickings have been slim here lately.

But on Ando, or other KTHusky riders for that matter, do you not see someone with the means like Ando or Marv going out on their own?
PJRAUS
6/29/2018 3:25am
Well I hope he gets a buyer that keeps it as a mx facility, but if its big$$ as I imagine it is, he may struggle to sell it at all.
If you cant find someone who wants it as is, then its seriously over capitalised..
Any potential buyer who just wants the land would be up for big $ to get rid of the tracks.
PRM31
6/29/2018 3:49am Edited Date/Time 6/29/2018 3:57am
Keefer should for an East coast testing facility.

Rent it to all the local FL riders for some variety, and to the manufacturers as a testing facility.
JustMX
6/29/2018 5:52am
Motocross tracks are rarely highest and best use of property.

An exception would be if it is built in a flood plain.
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
6/29/2018 7:07am
PRM31 wrote:
Keefer should for an East coast testing facility. Rent it to all the local FL riders for some variety, and to the manufacturers as a testing...
Keefer should for an East coast testing facility.

Rent it to all the local FL riders for some variety, and to the manufacturers as a testing facility.
If he made that kind of money, I'm guessing he probably would.
Ericrob7
6/29/2018 7:14am
avidchimp wrote:
No way. Not enough years left to justify that cost.

If I'm not wrong, there are some decent noise/hour restrictions on that place.
I agree. Its listed at $2.5million, and why would Anderson want to buy it anyways? He's a "baker boy." I'm not sure how much he spends to train at the baker facility, anybody know?
Ericrob7
6/29/2018 7:18am
Osbourne/Marv are baker boys so I doubt they would buy it, Webb already has a facility he trains at, and do you think Plessinger has $2.5million in the bank? Thats what 22 wants for it. I could see a land developer buying it or maybe a group of guys who want to own a training facility...(noise restrictions) and then the property tax...thats a lot.
Premix
6/29/2018 7:19am Edited Date/Time 6/29/2018 7:25am
No ones going to buy it, at least for motocross use as Reed won a long legal battle and is now restricted to certain riding hours/days. Chad was sued by in 2012 or 2013 by the county for zoning issues (noise complaint) by Pasco County. I don’t recall all of the details but I highly doubt the county would allow it to continue and no one wants that headache

EDIT: Here’s the article, it was 2013
http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/civil/pasco-county-sues-motocross-star-chad-reed-over-dade-city-area-racetrack/2129480
Ericrob7
6/29/2018 7:19am
Motofinne wrote:

Right on man!!
ML512
Fantasy
54th
6/29/2018 7:29am
Thanks. Knew you would be on the bubble with that one. Also wanted to start something of interest. Decent pickings have been slim here lately. But...
Thanks. Knew you would be on the bubble with that one. Also wanted to start something of interest. Decent pickings have been slim here lately.

But on Ando, or other KTHusky riders for that matter, do you not see someone with the means like Ando or Marv going out on their own?
Considering how much cheaper it is overall to just stay at Aldon's, I don't see either doing it.

Anderson is quite money conscious, I can't see him buying the property, paying to upkeep it, etc. He'd rather just show up and leave, he doesn't want to deal with headaches.

Marvin Musquin is 28 and going on 29, making that investment this late in his career seems nuts.
kage173
6/29/2018 7:36am
I've always thought those compounds owned by a single rider were a not-great idea (won't say terrible). The market to sellout is like 3 people in the whole world, so you have 0 negotiating position.

Can't understand why guys like Bagget start greenfield to build their 'dream property'. That dream turns into a money pit in 5 years w/ endless opex.

Baker's Factory, The Nest, MTF, Reynards - those shared facilities or renting out some place makes way more sense. Dungey and Roczen have played it wisely. It's a young man's game, make that money and keep that money.

But then again, I'm sitting at the desk I've been at all week trying to scrape some pennies together to pay for the rebuild on my 2012 KTM, so I have no idea what it's like to be in their position.
brocster
6/29/2018 7:49am
2mil >>20% down payment (400k)>>mortgage 30 yr ~$8300 plus property tax and ins. Total = just north of ~$10k per month plus operating expenses and living expenses Gnarly! Niche sale for sure!
Ericrob7
6/29/2018 7:53am
brocster wrote:
2mil >>20% down payment (400k)>>mortgage 30 yr ~$8300 plus property tax and ins. Total = just north of ~$10k per month plus operating expenses and living...
2mil >>20% down payment (400k)>>mortgage 30 yr ~$8300 plus property tax and ins. Total = just north of ~$10k per month plus operating expenses and living expenses Gnarly! Niche sale for sure!
How many riders could pull that off? maybe a handful?
HusqFan3
6/29/2018 7:58am Edited Date/Time 6/29/2018 8:03am
Motofinne wrote:

Just know i plan on holding you to your commit. Now quit reading this and go out and buy a fistful of tix right now...
Bultaco
6/29/2018 8:20am
kage173 wrote:
I've always thought those compounds owned by a single rider were a not-great idea (won't say terrible). The market to sellout is like 3 people in...
I've always thought those compounds owned by a single rider were a not-great idea (won't say terrible). The market to sellout is like 3 people in the whole world, so you have 0 negotiating position.

Can't understand why guys like Bagget start greenfield to build their 'dream property'. That dream turns into a money pit in 5 years w/ endless opex.

Baker's Factory, The Nest, MTF, Reynards - those shared facilities or renting out some place makes way more sense. Dungey and Roczen have played it wisely. It's a young man's game, make that money and keep that money.

But then again, I'm sitting at the desk I've been at all week trying to scrape some pennies together to pay for the rebuild on my 2012 KTM, so I have no idea what it's like to be in their position.
^^^ Voice of reality and wisdom here. ^^^

I suppose the big property is status, shows you’ve arrived. It can also be something as simple as “I want to do this and can...”. Back in the 70’s the factory stars bought a Turbo 911. Marty Smith said in an interview some years later, that his dad and others told him not to waste his money on a 911, but he could not be talked out of getting one. Like Kage and most of this world, I’m working long hours and counting change to pay for riding my motorcycle.
Kyle_McNab
6/29/2018 8:25am
Why do you guys bring up Anderson? Have you not heard he did most his prep in CA before supercross. He said in an interview he doesn’t like FL . Why pay more money when he’s already got aldon which I’m sure it isn’t cheap
peelout
6/29/2018 8:46am
i would pick it up but i'm too busy buying a dealership that wouldn't come talk to me after staring at a new KTM for 30 minutes
dl117
Fantasy
2587th
6/29/2018 8:56am
my wife told me to go for it and chase the dream.......if we won the lotto and I was not 44 years old
6/30/2018 3:52pm
peelout wrote:
i would pick it up but i'm too busy buying a dealership that wouldn't come talk to me after staring at a new KTM for 30...
i would pick it up but i'm too busy buying a dealership that wouldn't come talk to me after staring at a new KTM for 30 minutes
Be fucked if I'd come talk to you looking that. You need to tighten them side burns bro

Post a reply to: Who's could buy Chad's training facility?

The Latest