Whoa! Ryan Dungey Becomes Part Owner of Factory Connection Racing

Related:
Create New Tag

12/2/2019 3:16 PM

PR...

Ryan Dungey Becomes Part Owner of Factory Connection Racing

CORONA, Calif. (December 2, 2019) – Factory Connection Racing announced today that Ryan Dungey has joined the GEICO Honda team as a part owner. The five-time AMA Supercross Champion (four 450, one 250) and four-time AMA Pro Motocross Champion (three 450, one 250) retired from racing after the 2017 season. Now he will directly contribute to the operation of Honda’s satellite 250cc supercross/motocross race team and its elite amateur motocross race effort, and will provideinvaluable counsel and coaching for the riders.

“After I stopped racing, there were a couple years of waiting for the right thing that made the most sense for meand my family,” Dungey explained. “This came along, and it’s a huge opportunity that checks all the right boxes. Factory Connection Racing is a premier team that has had a lot of success and has a great lineup of talented riders. I’ll be able to apply my experience and knowledge to the next generation and future generations of riders and,because I’m a part owner, it’s something long-term that I can help to build and grow for the future. Between all that and being involved with the Honda organization, there area lot of positives, and I’m excited to get to work.”

“We’re so pleased to have a champion of Ryan’s stature join our organization,” said Factory Connection Racing owner Richard “Ziggy” Zielfelder. “His racing record speaks for itself, but he has also always been known as a professional off the track as well. We’re very confident that his involvement with the team will help us to continue growing and improving, and we look forward to a successful future together.”

ABOUT FACTORY CONNECTION RACING
Factory Connection Racing has been a satellite race team for American Honda since 1998 and the official 125 then 250 team for American Honda since 2001. Race wins in both classes in AMA Supercross and AMA Pro Motocross have led to eight regional Supercross titles and two National Motocross Championships. All of this has been accomplished on trusted and always fast Honda motorcycles.

|

12/2/2019 3:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/2/2019 3:24 PM

Wow! He will be a great asset. Motocross never gets out of your blood.

|

12/2/2019 3:22 PM

|

12/2/2019 3:23 PM

Wait a damn minute... can we talk about the picture on Instagram. I see Alias back on the bike... but with a “CBD” behind it..

|

12/2/2019 3:25 PM

Did not expect that. Pretty cool

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

12/2/2019 3:27 PM

Wonder if Red Bull will be staying with him as personal sponsor

|

12/2/2019 3:28 PM

Wow, I thought it would be something KTM related. Will he continue the trend of being a "brand ambassador" for a bike he was never associated with???

|

12/2/2019 3:29 PM

What in the actual hell?!

|

12/2/2019 3:31 PM

Hoks wrote:

Wait a damn minute... can we talk about the picture on Instagram. I see Alias back on the bike... but with a “CBD” behind it..

Good eye captain

|

12/2/2019 3:36 PM

Was not expecting that.

|

That’s out of left field.

Amazed he didn’t join Ktm in some capacity.

|

Edited Date/Time: 12/2/2019 3:37 PM

Im cornfused 🤷‍♂️

What’s next, human sacrifice...dogs and cats living together ... we are talking mass hysteria Here!

|

Never try to argue with idiots; they will only bring you down to their level.....and being more experienced, they will beat you at their own game!

2006 KX250

12/2/2019 3:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/2/2019 3:38 PM

RV2 with Yamaha
McGrath with Kawi
Emig with Husky
Ping with Vital
now, RD5 with Honda

WinTF is going on?

|

I'm just a fan, so I don't know anything.

12/2/2019 3:41 PM

bvm111 wrote:

Im cornfused 🤷‍♂️

What’s next, human sacrifice...dogs and cats living together ... we are talking mass hysteria Here!

Psst... Adams really Michael 😱

|

12/2/2019 3:41 PM

Wow!!!

|

12/2/2019 3:42 PM

Hoks wrote:

Well, they did say they’d be back but it wouldn’t be gear.

|

12/2/2019 3:43 PM

system wrote:

RV2 with Yamaha
McGrath with Kawi
Emig with Husky
Ping with Vital
now, RD5 with Honda

WinTF is going on?

Hey if the money is right....cool

|

12/2/2019 3:43 PM

bvm111 wrote:

Im cornfused 🤷‍♂️

Wade221 wrote:

Psst... Adams really Michael 😱

I know !!!

What in the wild wild wild world of sports is going on here!!!

|

Never try to argue with idiots; they will only bring you down to their level.....and being more experienced, they will beat you at their own game!

2006 KX250

12/2/2019 3:45 PM

Really, this is a big boost for the team.

I’m betting he’s still riding a bit, and he’ll be able to keep the riders accountable if they complain about the bike, which has been an issue. Now you have a national champion to ride the bike, and hopefully call guys out if needed.

|

12/2/2019 3:49 PM

system wrote:

RV2 with Yamaha
McGrath with Kawi
Emig with Husky
Ping with Vital
now, RD5 with Honda

WinTF is going on?

PastranaWho wrote:

For the other dudes, yes- but a stake in ownership isn't free. You gotta buy in. WTF. Regardless, good for Dungey I guess.

|

12/2/2019 3:50 PM

Whoa! Does anyone know if he's still involved with Intense Cycles? He is/was part owner there too.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

12/2/2019 3:56 PM

Hope he don't loose his ass. Good luck, I feel sorry he got sucked into this Part ownership.

|

12/2/2019 3:57 PM

system wrote:

RV2 with Yamaha
McGrath with Kawi
Emig with Husky
Ping with Vital
now, RD5 with Honda

WinTF is going on?

PastranaWho wrote:

4rings wrote:

For the other dudes, yes- but a stake in ownership isn't free. You gotta buy in. WTF. Regardless, good for Dungey I guess.

Not always -- Ryan's name is big enough to attract big sponsors.

Here, Ryan, we will give you X equity to become an owner because you bring value to the company.

|

12/2/2019 4:00 PM

Any chance we could see geico change manufacturers in the near future? Geico gas gas

|

12/2/2019 4:07 PM

fanger wrote:

Any chance we could see geico change manufacturers in the near future? Geico gas gas

Or Geico KTM...

|

12/2/2019 4:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/2/2019 4:15 PM

fanger wrote:

I can't imagine KTM letting him go, I think probably more realistic would be FC KTM and BTO Gas Gas. Kind of like the year he rode for Suzuki when Roger moved, it was no surprise when he followed. Put him over there to mentor HLaw and JLaw2, 2021 KTM gets the two hottest prospects. I bet FCs contract with Honda is up.

|

12/2/2019 4:11 PM

system wrote:

RV2 with Yamaha
McGrath with Kawi
Emig with Husky
Ping with Vital
now, RD5 with Honda

WinTF is going on?

McGrath at least raced a Kawasaki early in his career

|

12/2/2019 4:12 PM

Team switching bikes in 3.......2.........1..........

|

2019 TX300
'10 200 XC-w

12/2/2019 4:13 PM

Good for him, smart move for his future

|

12/2/2019 4:14 PM

Hcallz5 wrote:

Team switching bikes in 3.......2.........1..........

Not sure I'd hold my breath for that one.

|