Who wins the 2017 450 SX Championship ?

kiwifan
10/19/2016 10:41am
kiwifan wrote:
Dont know, ask us again at the half way point, might have more of an idea then Smile
matze wrote:
Dont they have 0 points at the half way point? Grinning
lol
bents
Fantasy
710th
10/19/2016 11:21am
Perhaps the deepest field yet-in no order:
dungey
tomac
roczen
canard
anderson
reed
millsaps
seely
baggett
webb
grant
musquin
alessi
brayton
barcia
tickle
peick
(not including wilson, or the stewart bros at this point)

I know we say it every year, but this is perhaps the deepest and most impressive pre-season list I can remember. I know they won't all make it to the starting line, but if they did-wow. It will be an awesome season providing feld doesn't fuck it up with some stupid chase format.
USMCMXer
10/19/2016 11:35am Edited Date/Time 10/19/2016 11:36am
Dungey for sure. KROC and ET are almost guaranteed to DNF at least one race. All three will be fast and I think the wins will be spread a little more evenly than the past two seasons, but Dungey will win one more title. There will be winners besides those three as well. Canard, Webb and Anderson, along with Musquin and Millsaps all have shots at race wins, if things go their way. It is laughable to think people say Dungey isn't fast, but rather just consistent. That is only true if you mean consistently faster than everyone else. Most wins past two seasons and most podiums, 31 races in a row to be exact, which is absolutely insane! Everyone else is a hero if they get a podium, but Dungey is just "consistent" when he does it. All good, as I do hope for some battling between the three and no runaways, as it definitely makes the season better for us "experts"... Smile

The Shop

mauidex
10/19/2016 11:43am
a better question is who LOSES the 2017 SX championship??
kiwifan
10/19/2016 12:14pm
USMCMXer wrote:
Dungey for sure. KROC and ET are almost guaranteed to DNF at least one race. All three will be fast and I think the wins will...
Dungey for sure. KROC and ET are almost guaranteed to DNF at least one race. All three will be fast and I think the wins will be spread a little more evenly than the past two seasons, but Dungey will win one more title. There will be winners besides those three as well. Canard, Webb and Anderson, along with Musquin and Millsaps all have shots at race wins, if things go their way. It is laughable to think people say Dungey isn't fast, but rather just consistent. That is only true if you mean consistently faster than everyone else. Most wins past two seasons and most podiums, 31 races in a row to be exact, which is absolutely insane! Everyone else is a hero if they get a podium, but Dungey is just "consistent" when he does it. All good, as I do hope for some battling between the three and no runaways, as it definitely makes the season better for us "experts"... Smile
"KROC and ET are almost guaranteed to DNF at least one race." ...interesting, based upon past history maybe, but I suspect both will really step it up in 2017...it actually wouldn't surprise me if they are both fighting for the title with RD in 3rd.
RD757
10/19/2016 2:23pm
If it's a chase I think other than the obvious 2 I really could see milsaps getting the job done
10/19/2016 4:44pm
I don't want to see a points chase, let them complete and make every weekend count. What dungey and others have been able to do with consistency means a whole lot more than people realize imo. Championship calibre programs, efforts and rides deserve just that.

Now that I think more, it's hard to put the title past Ryan. He's got the formula for success Dialed.
10/19/2016 5:13pm Edited Date/Time 10/19/2016 5:18pm
USMCMXer wrote:
Dungey for sure. KROC and ET are almost guaranteed to DNF at least one race. All three will be fast and I think the wins will...
Hard to argue with this assessment...maybe not a dnf for the 94 or 3 but a 10-11-12 ish finish that could be very hard to overcome come seasons end.
FroDiddy
10/19/2016 5:21pm
This is Roczen's time.

Injury is the only thing that will keep him from the '17 SX/MX title.
TeamGreen
10/19/2016 7:13pm
How many of the guys below will win Mains and last the entire season?

Dungey
Musquin
Canard
Milsaps
Baggett
Bloss
Anderson
Pourcel
Roczen
Seely
Reed
Webb
Tomac
Grant
Barcia
Peick
Bogle
Malcolm
James
Tickle
Weimer
Alessi
Vince
JB10

Doesn't leave much room for actual real privateer's.
bents
Fantasy
710th
10/19/2016 9:16pm
Hey you have the Stewart Bros on this list-do you know something we don't......? I still pick Dungey in the end. He is a podium machine and I don't see that changing this year.
nate324
10/19/2016 9:50pm
Amazing how a lot of people are leaving Anderson out. Easily top 5. Hoping for top 3 in points. The dude shreds and if you haven't noticed he isn't afraid to bang bars.
Roosting33
10/20/2016 2:28am
Its going to be good!!! If Roczen does not get hurt, my money is on him for the 2017 Supercross Title!!!!
Turbojez
10/20/2016 4:24am
I'm gonna vote for Dungey as well. Him and Eli will breathe down Kenny's neck until he makes a mistake, and he makes those under pressure.

If however ET and RD won't be able to pressure Roczen into a mistake, it's going to be a boring SX season...
Krazyk2774
10/20/2016 7:04am
Exactly! That's what makes Dungey so hard to beat for a title. He is a relentless competitor that will always be right there to capitalize on any mistake! Roczen has blazing speed, but when you make a mistake at those speeds it can be costly! Should be a good battle.
2StrokenIt!
10/20/2016 7:28am
I think we are staring down the barrel of one of the greatest SX seasons in history. If Roczen, Tomac, and Dungey all stay healthy, they...
I think we are staring down the barrel of one of the greatest SX seasons in history. If Roczen, Tomac, and Dungey all stay healthy, they will be in the hunt. Then you throw Webb and Canard into that same mix. You could have a 5 person battle for the title late into the series. And don't forget about Barcia on the new bike and Musquin who has had some solid podiums last season and appears to be a contender in the making.

My bet is on Roczen but who the hell knows. This is the first time in recent memory that there are this many people that have the ability to be in the title contention.
TXDirt wrote:
We say that every year! One or two of them will get hurt in pre-season testing and probably not even be ready for A1. Another two...
We say that every year! One or two of them will get hurt in pre-season testing and probably not even be ready for A1. Another two will get hurt before rnd 6 and will miss significant time. Looking at you Canard. Someone else will be out hurt by rnd 10. From there you can mail in the rest of the rounds.

I predict 2017 will the the most boring year yet of SX!!

You know the only reason why the 3rd race of the MEC was any good is because Eli got a bad start and we got to watch some actual racing. Until they start paying points in the qualifiers and then invert the start order for the main event then we are going to see another year of follow the leader. Too much importance is put on the start relegating the rest of the 20 laps uneventful in the 450 class.

/rant over
Exactly
brimx153
10/20/2016 9:57am
I think we are staring down the barrel of one of the greatest SX seasons in history. If Roczen, Tomac, and Dungey all stay healthy, they...
I think we are staring down the barrel of one of the greatest SX seasons in history. If Roczen, Tomac, and Dungey all stay healthy, they will be in the hunt. Then you throw Webb and Canard into that same mix. You could have a 5 person battle for the title late into the series. And don't forget about Barcia on the new bike and Musquin who has had some solid podiums last season and appears to be a contender in the making.

My bet is on Roczen but who the hell knows. This is the first time in recent memory that there are this many people that have the ability to be in the title contention.
TXDirt wrote:
We say that every year! One or two of them will get hurt in pre-season testing and probably not even be ready for A1. Another two...
We say that every year! One or two of them will get hurt in pre-season testing and probably not even be ready for A1. Another two will get hurt before rnd 6 and will miss significant time. Looking at you Canard. Someone else will be out hurt by rnd 10. From there you can mail in the rest of the rounds.

You know the only reason why the 3rd race of the MEC was any good is because Eli got a bad start and we got to watch some actual racing. Until they start paying points in the qualifiers and then invert the start order for the main event then we are going to see another year of follow the leader. Too much importance is put on the start relegating the rest of the 20 laps uneventful in the 450 class.

/rant over
Exactly
this , i cant believe after last year ,people are still talking this bullshit . Fact is Dungey and Kroc and maybe Tomac are head and shoulders ahead of everyone else .when it come s to a championship .Can we please be real and stop sayind any of 8 riders could win the championship its just crap and not true .

list of riders who could win a race ,but dont have a chance in hell of a championship imo (unless the whole big 3 get injuryed )

Seeley
Barica
Anderson
Trey
MM25

all these riders could win races .but no way they are in the hunt at the end of the year

I think Reed would have more a chance at a tittle , than the list above. ( but i think an odd win next year is the best he can do )
TXDirt
10/20/2016 10:55am Edited Date/Time 10/20/2016 11:04am
TXDirt wrote:

/rant over
Exactly
brimx153 wrote:
this , i cant believe after last year ,people are still talking this bullshit . Fact is Dungey and Kroc and maybe Tomac are head and...
this , i cant believe after last year ,people are still talking this bullshit . Fact is Dungey and Kroc and maybe Tomac are head and shoulders ahead of everyone else .when it come s to a championship .Can we please be real and stop sayind any of 8 riders could win the championship its just crap and not true .

list of riders who could win a race ,but dont have a chance in hell of a championship imo (unless the whole big 3 get injuryed )

Seeley
Barica
Anderson
Trey
MM25

all these riders could win races .but no way they are in the hunt at the end of the year

I think Reed would have more a chance at a tittle , than the list above. ( but i think an odd win next year is the best he can do )
Here is a chart of the 2016 SX results for these folks. The shorter the bar the better your finish. If you did not race I assigned a 25 just so we could easily see who missed races.

Average Finish

Seeley

Barcia

Anderson

Canard

Marin

Reed
brimx153
10/20/2016 11:44am
Exactly
brimx153 wrote:
this , i cant believe after last year ,people are still talking this bullshit . Fact is Dungey and Kroc and maybe Tomac are head and...

Seeley
Barica
Anderson
Trey
MM25

TXDirt wrote:
Here is a chart of the 2016 SX results for these folks. The shorter the bar the better your finish. If you did not race I...
Here is a chart of the 2016 SX results for these folks. The shorter the bar the better your finish. If you did not race I assigned a 25 just so we could easily see who missed races.

Average Finish

Seeley

Barcia

Anderson

Canard

Marin

Reed
Its so true . I am sick of hearing about how close everyone is now compared to the 90 s or 00 s. its nearly the exact same now . You have 2 or maybe 3 riders who can and will win the championship. the early 00 s where every bit as stacked as it is now .
stewie94
10/21/2016 7:14am
the dunge no doubt SmileCool but I want to see moose or anderson win it this upcoming season , got a certain feeling moose goona be in it to win it this upcoming season
10/21/2016 8:10am
stewie94 wrote:
the dunge no doubt :) B) but I want to see moose or anderson win it this upcoming season , got a certain feeling moose goona...
the dunge no doubt SmileCool but I want to see moose or anderson win it this upcoming season , got a certain feeling moose goona be in it to win it this upcoming season
I think Anderson can get one and I am pretty sure he is not going to roll the finish...

Post a reply to: Who wins the 2017 450 SX Championship ?

The Latest