Who will improve more? (RD or JS)

karnivool
Edited Date/Time 5/22/2012 10:39pm
we know what happens at Hangtown isn't by any means the end of the story. We know that JS may have ridden on some adrenaline and hype, we know RD always takes his time and has his eyes on the big goal. so a question i haven't seen posed is this...

Who has or will improve more over the next 4-6 rounds...?

Factors:

RD on a new bike, but KTM shouldn't be lacking for outdoor setup knowledge(they own European mx), RD does however get faster as the year goes on in my opinion...

JS on a new bike, but Suzuki has won a few titles on that bike and should know how to set up a bike as well, JS should get more comfortable and faster by a little bit as the season goes on...
|
cmess77
5/21/2012 1:59pm
By round 6 they should be quite even and give us a show.
pilotdude
5/21/2012 2:02pm
Dungey's bike is all-new with FI. They do not have the data base of settings for outdoors on that bike. I believe they are building it continuously now.

JS hasn't ridden the outdoors since 2008, so he will also improve as he gets back into his grove.

Who will improve more? I have no idea but we will see.
motosmith
5/21/2012 2:26pm
Stewart just got a big boost of confidence. He's going to be tough to beat.
peelout
5/21/2012 2:42pm
i think a more important question is who will have the fewest BAD motos?

The Shop

LastCall211
5/21/2012 3:09pm
Dungey looked like he was really pushing to keep up with Stewart. Stewart said he could have turned it up if he had to. I'm anxious to see what happens when he has to.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
5/21/2012 3:12pm Edited Date/Time 5/21/2012 3:15pm
motosmith wrote:
Stewart just got a big boost of confidence. He's going to be tough to beat.
Yep.....
I just see James getting more comfortable,quicker and more in tune with that Suzuki each race.
I'll assume if Dungey wants to give him a run for his money championship wise,then he is going to need starts and going to have to hang it out a bit and pressure him.
It's going to be a long but good season. Wink
Also hoping to see some great battles between the 2 of them.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
5/21/2012 3:19pm
Good question.

I think Dungey has more motivation to push for that last 10/10th than Stewart, even though both are taking this year as a developmental year. This will be the year though that we see what Stewart is really capable of and also how well Dungey would have stacked up against RC. RC was the last guy who was able to push Stewart to his comfort edge outdoors because RC had no knowledge of such a thing as backing off or taking it easy - his throttle stop was there for the safety of his carb not his.

It'll be very interesting to see if Dungey can get to that level of comfort on the KTM and even if he gets there if he is able to withhold any f&Cks and just go for it.
pilotdude
5/21/2012 3:19pm
Dungey looked like he was really pushing to keep up with Stewart. Stewart said he could have turned it up if he had to. I'm anxious...
Dungey looked like he was really pushing to keep up with Stewart. Stewart said he could have turned it up if he had to. I'm anxious to see what happens when he has to.
As a racer, I saw Dungey marking Stewart pretty easily in that 2nd moto, which is his style. You'd better believe he has talked to those in the know on how to race Stewart.
TeamGreen
5/21/2012 3:22pm
JS is workin on better Brakes, motor and Ergos: he has the most room to improve.

Period
bartoner
5/21/2012 3:22pm
peelout wrote:
^ this....
ocscottie
5/21/2012 3:26pm
RD's bike needs to improve, didnt seem like the back end was staying planted in a line as well as it needs to.

James was amazing, made it look easy, but it is a long season....yet he will also only get better Woohoo

Metty also deserves some props, as does Shorty, Davi and Mikey.

Sure is awesome to get back to the TGO's! real racing at last!

Rudeboy119
5/21/2012 3:48pm
If it wasnt for JT$ being a douche lapper Dungy would of caught and passed JS7
TeamGreen
5/21/2012 4:14pm
Rudeboy119 wrote:
Sure, that's it.
Tim507
5/21/2012 4:37pm
Rudeboy119 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
Sure, that's it.
JT$ did get in the way..........he must be not aware of what a blue flag meansSmile would of or could of RD caught JS, more than likely not. But it would have great to watchSmile
Mr. G
5/21/2012 4:52pm
James did better than I thought he would but as good as I had hoped. He said after the race that he started to feel better and better as the race went on and I have not seen him look that relaxed in a long time. I think he might have a very slight edge on RD. That's crazy, who comes back after four years and wins!
5/21/2012 5:03pm
James will only get better...........

he hasnt raced outdoors since 2008

new bike

new team

its all upside from here, smoother, faster
5/21/2012 5:05pm
Mr. G wrote:
James did better than I thought he would but as good as I had hoped. He said after the race that he started to feel better...
James did better than I thought he would but as good as I had hoped. He said after the race that he started to feel better and better as the race went on and I have not seen him look that relaxed in a long time. I think he might have a very slight edge on RD. That's crazy, who comes back after four years and wins!
That's crazy, who comes back after four years and WINS!

^^^ This x 100000000
IceMan446
5/21/2012 6:12pm
Rudeboy119 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
Sure, that's it.
Tim507 wrote:
JT$ did get in the way..........he must be not aware of what a blue flag means:) would of or could of RD caught JS, more than...
JT$ did get in the way..........he must be not aware of what a blue flag meansSmile would of or could of RD caught JS, more than likely not. But it would have great to watchSmile
This is exactly why Stewart will fare better then Dungey.

Dungey cannot for the life of him pull the trigger. He follows and follows and follows people until the perfect spot to pass. Meanwhile James is like a shark and just attacks with out hesitation.

Look at Dungey the first moto, how long did he ride around back in 6th? I mean hell, he rode behind MA800 for a few laps before making a pass. And Mike dropped anchor, BAD!

Second moto, James passes both of them in one section.

When either of them have a bad start, I will bet money that James will move into the top three before Dungey does. And that will add up in the end of the series.
IceMan446
5/21/2012 6:16pm
Dungey looked like he was really pushing to keep up with Stewart. Stewart said he could have turned it up if he had to. I'm anxious...
pilotdude wrote:
As a racer, I saw Dungey marking Stewart pretty easily in that 2nd moto, which is his style. You'd better believe he has talked to those...
As a racer, I saw Dungey marking Stewart pretty easily in that 2nd moto, which is his style. You'd better believe he has talked to those in the know on how to race Stewart.
James had a lot more in the tank. He was riding so smooth and effortless that he didn't need to push it. He knows Dungey and Dungey knows James. But the pressure Dungey was trying to put on James didn't effect him one bit.
zippy895
5/21/2012 6:32pm
dungey will never ever in his lifetime be a pro motorcycle champion.he's too timid in his passing.
Dano39
5/21/2012 6:48pm
zippy895 wrote:
dungey will never ever in his lifetime be a pro motorcycle champion.he's too timid in his passing.
Please, STFU! That's an asinine statement.
SunComfort
5/21/2012 7:05pm
Rudeboy119 wrote:
zippy895

24 minutes ago
Blessed are the small in mind, for they shall be

You guys are Hilarious!! How many fuk'n Pro moto's do you have under your belt, much less A, as is one
Pro Championship, much less multiple??!! Jokester, Poser, non-moto fan Homo's!
zippy895
5/21/2012 7:24pm
never will happen.
i read vital posts dailey on this kind of subjects.
dungey is not aggressive enough to be in pro racing.FACT!
Stephon
5/21/2012 7:24pm
They are all going to have to convince me that they are better than a happy James.

Chad is certainly riding as well as he ever has, but I don't recall him showing James the way around an outdoor track in the past. We'll have to wait for next year. RV and Canard will be tough as well, but I'll need to see it. Who knows, it might be a pretty even 5-way thing between JS/CR/TC/RV/RD but, right now, I'll give James a slight edge.
zippy895
5/21/2012 7:30pm
Stephon wrote:
They are all going to have to convince me that they are better than a happy James. Chad is certainly riding as well as he ever...
They are all going to have to convince me that they are better than a happy James.

Chad is certainly riding as well as he ever has, but I don't recall him showing James the way around an outdoor track in the past. We'll have to wait for next year. RV and Canard will be tough as well, but I'll need to see it. Who knows, it might be a pretty even 5-way thing between JS/CR/TC/RV/RD but, right now, I'll give James a slight edge.
and this will never happen as well. these so called pros cant help getting injured trying to keep up with there own shadows.
i know this because i read vital posts dailey.
cmess77
5/21/2012 8:23pm
Stephon wrote:
They are all going to have to convince me that they are better than a happy James. Chad is certainly riding as well as he ever...

This post is just as dumb as the people saying RV/CR would have dominated Hangtown. So much hypocrisy.
mxrider225
Fantasy
2881st
5/21/2012 8:32pm
Dungey should put a horn on his bike since he has a battery.
5/21/2012 9:44pm
The most interesting thing I noticed after the second moto was when Stewart took off his helmet for the post race interviews he wasn't even sweating or out of breath. That tells me he wasn't really pushing hard even though Dungey was right on his tail until the last few laps. I think both will get better as the season goes on but I give a slight edge to Dungey on consistency. Sure he may not carve through the field with reckless abandon, he tends to be more calculating and methodical than Stewart, but I'm sure in the back of his mind he is aware of Stewart's tendency to wad it up (may be a moot point since he looks to be more in harmony with the Suzuki than he was on the Yamahopper) and may be counting on the odds of Stewart actually not finishing every moto.
5/21/2012 10:39pm
peelout wrote:
Peely must be on a week long non-drinking fast with a clamp on the ol nutsack to come up with a comment full of manners and intellect in the same sentence. But yes, he is right!

Post a reply to: Who will improve more? (RD or JS)

The Latest