Who will hold a race in Las Vegas first, World Supercross or AMA Supercross.

vincefriese
Fantasy
4157th
Edited Date/Time 8/23/2022 7:33pm
I miss the good ol' Las Vegas season finale and Monster Cup
|
USA
Fantasy
428th
8/22/2022 5:36pm
I will be very surprised if we ever see a WSX round in the US. We already have lappers in our series
Leave Us To
8/22/2022 7:07pm
Great question. Someone said neither SoFi in LAX or new stadium in Vegas are chomping at the bit to have dirt inside their stadiums.

The Shop

Sully
8/22/2022 7:41pm
USA wrote:
I will be very surprised if we ever see a WSX round in the US. We already have lappers in our series
Isn't WSX doing a round at the LA Coliseum?

As for Vegas, if it happens it'll have to be AMA, because the WSX runs during football season.
thewrizzle
8/22/2022 7:55pm
USA wrote:
Sully wrote:
Isn't WSX doing a round at the LA Coliseum? As for Vegas, [i]if[/i] it happens it'll have to be AMA, because the WSX runs during football...

As for Vegas, if it happens it'll have to be AMA, because the WSX runs during football season.
No, the Feld SuperMotocross race will be in the Coliseum they’ve said.
8/22/2022 8:51pm
Allegiant does not want dirt bikes in their stadium.
DonM
8/23/2022 6:13am
USA wrote:
Sully wrote:
Isn't WSX doing a round at the LA Coliseum? As for Vegas, [i]if[/i] it happens it'll have to be AMA, because the WSX runs during football...

You probably won't see a WSX race at any stadiums that hold a SX race now...do you think there might be a reason decided to lock up the Colosseum for their race?.....Only this year...next year their season starts in June...
RichieW13
Fantasy
2913th
8/23/2022 9:32am Edited Date/Time 8/23/2022 9:33am
Great question. Someone said neither SoFi in LAX or new stadium in Vegas are chomping at the bit to have dirt inside their stadiums.
I keep seeing people speculating about that. But I have never seen a link to a legitimate source.

If they can go indoors at Cowboys stadium, they should be able to do it anywhere.
RichieW13
Fantasy
2913th
8/23/2022 9:37am Edited Date/Time 8/23/2022 9:39am
USA wrote:
Sully wrote:

I thought I read someplace that WSX will start in June in 2023. But I can't find that source now to confirm it.

Edit: found it. Matthes posted this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdWbwojPh9w/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Mid-June 2023 - USA
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
8/23/2022 9:38am
RichieW13 wrote:
I keep seeing people speculating about that. But I have never seen a link to a legitimate source. If they can go indoors at Cowboys stadium...
I keep seeing people speculating about that. But I have never seen a link to a legitimate source.

If they can go indoors at Cowboys stadium, they should be able to do it anywhere.
They should be able to, but remember Allegiant and SoFi are both newer and "better" than AT&T. The owners of the new venues are pretty proud of their shiznit and like to pretend that they're too good for some shows.
RichieW13
Fantasy
2913th
8/23/2022 9:41am
USA wrote:
Sully wrote:

DonM wrote:
You probably won't see a WSX race at any stadiums that hold a SX race now...do you think there might be a reason decided to lock...
You probably won't see a WSX race at any stadiums that hold a SX race now...do you think there might be a reason decided to lock up the Colosseum for their race?.....Only this year...next year their season starts in June...
Why? Are you saying that Feld has so much pull that they won't allow stadiums they use to also host a WSX round?
RichieW13
Fantasy
2913th
8/23/2022 9:44am
RichieW13 wrote:
I keep seeing people speculating about that. But I have never seen a link to a legitimate source. If they can go indoors at Cowboys stadium...

Falcon wrote:
They [i]should[/i] be able to, but remember Allegiant and SoFi are both newer and "better" than AT&T. The owners of the new venues are pretty proud...
They should be able to, but remember Allegiant and SoFi are both newer and "better" than AT&T. The owners of the new venues are pretty proud of their shiznit and like to pretend that they're too good for some shows.
That's why I mentioned Cowboys stadium, because Jerry Jones was proud of his stadium, which was the best ever when it was built. I think they had SX there within a year of opening.

I have to assume that Feld leaves the stadiums as clean as they were when they arrived, or nobody would have them back. Maybe it's true that Allegiant and SoFi think their stadiums will get ruined, but it would seem to be an unfounded worry.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
719th
8/23/2022 9:46am
RichieW13 wrote:

Falcon wrote:
They [i]should[/i] be able to, but remember Allegiant and SoFi are both newer and "better" than AT&T. The owners of the new venues are pretty proud...
RichieW13 wrote:
That's why I mentioned Cowboys stadium, because Jerry Jones was proud of his stadium, which was the best ever when it was built. I think they...
That's why I mentioned Cowboys stadium, because Jerry Jones was proud of his stadium, which was the best ever when it was built. I think they had SX there within a year of opening.

I have to assume that Feld leaves the stadiums as clean as they were when they arrived, or nobody would have them back. Maybe it's true that Allegiant and SoFi think their stadiums will get ruined, but it would seem to be an unfounded worry.
jerry does not turn down money, not a great example
DonM
8/23/2022 9:50am
Sully wrote:

DonM wrote:
You probably won't see a WSX race at any stadiums that hold a SX race now...do you think there might be a reason decided to lock...
RichieW13 wrote:
Why? Are you saying that Feld has so much pull that they won't allow stadiums they use to also host a WSX round?
Exclusivity clause in the contracts that they have with the stadiums
RichieW13
Fantasy
2913th
8/23/2022 9:53am
Falcon wrote:
RichieW13 wrote:
That's why I mentioned Cowboys stadium, because Jerry Jones was proud of his stadium, which was the best ever when it was built. I think they...

jerry does not turn down money, not a great example
Neither does Stan Kroenke. And neither does Las Vegas conventional authority.
RichieW13
Fantasy
2913th
8/23/2022 9:55am
DonM wrote:
RichieW13 wrote:
DonM wrote:
Exclusivity clause in the contracts that they have with the stadiums
Does Feld really have the leverage for an exclusivity clause? Maybe they do at the stadiums where they are also running Monster Jam at the same time as SX.
Toste
Fantasy
925th
8/23/2022 10:06am
I wonder if Las Vegas Motor Speedway could be a realistic possibility for either series? I know it's far from the strip but so was Sam Boyd.
zb658
8/23/2022 10:19am
Toste wrote:
I wonder if Las Vegas Motor Speedway could be a realistic possibility for either series? I know it's far from the strip but so was Sam...
I wonder if Las Vegas Motor Speedway could be a realistic possibility for either series? I know it's far from the strip but so was Sam Boyd.
Ive always thought that this would be a very logical and possible solution to the lack of a vegas race. Las Vegas motor speedway even used to have world minis! Would be a great venue. Not so sure about track conditions though.
bvm111
8/23/2022 7:33pm
Toste wrote:
I wonder if Las Vegas Motor Speedway could be a realistic possibility for either series? I know it's far from the strip but so was Sam...
zb658 wrote:
Ive always thought that this would be a very logical and possible solution to the lack of a vegas race. Las Vegas motor speedway even used...
Ive always thought that this would be a very logical and possible solution to the lack of a vegas race. Las Vegas motor speedway even used to have world minis! Would be a great venue. Not so sure about track conditions though.
maybe for one of the super duper motocross rounds in the speedway … it’s not that far from the strip maybe 15-20 minutes depending on traffic.

Post a reply to: Who will hold a race in Las Vegas first, World Supercross or AMA Supercross.

The Latest