Who will drop their head first?

cityjack
In years past of HS and Collegiate wrestling, it was always a beautiful sight to see your opponents head drop after a lengthy 6 or 7 minute match. You would hear from the crowd...............Break him. Break him......hes broke, hes broke! You saw the head drop and you knew he was done. Nothing left in the tank or better yet, you knew you owned him.

Upon meeting the same opponent in matches later in the year, sure he'd give up a fight for some time, but you knew, and more importantly HE knew the deal. You owned him before and it was only a matter of time till victory was yours again. Mental battles are the shit. As the time past and battles came and went, the time to breaking became less and less.

Curious to know with all this "whos breaking who", who will be the first to drop their head. Who will mentally break. Just to become one of the rest of the rollover bunch with no fight in them or left.

The anticipation is awesome.

Have a great weekend all.

|
kkawboy14
6/30/2017 7:12am
Bagget said he's breaking Tomac and his Dad.

Anderson is just there to party, but when everybody is tore from the floor up he's gonna win!

Tomac........didn't say much!
TheGetFresh
Fantasy
2551st
6/30/2017 7:21am
I think a lot of us care more about this stuff than the actual riders do. Most of the riders just go out, ride as fast as they can that day and then try to rationalize their behavior afterwards. Bagget at thunder valley followed Tomac for a few laps in moto 2 before making an excellent pass. Afterwards we got a story about ice cream, daddy issues and breaking Tomac. Bagget was just faster that day. High point moto 2, Tomac ran away and bagget couldn't get up front to battle with him. We got a story about how it wasn't worth it to hang it out, but Tomac was just faster that moto.

This isn't a very strategic sport. Even the guys who go out and talk about their strategy over the course of a season really don't have much other than trying to be the fastest guy any given weekend.
IWreckALot
6/30/2017 7:25am
I think a lot of us care more about this stuff than the actual riders do. Most of the riders just go out, ride as fast...
I think a lot of us care more about this stuff than the actual riders do. Most of the riders just go out, ride as fast as they can that day and then try to rationalize their behavior afterwards. Bagget at thunder valley followed Tomac for a few laps in moto 2 before making an excellent pass. Afterwards we got a story about ice cream, daddy issues and breaking Tomac. Bagget was just faster that day. High point moto 2, Tomac ran away and bagget couldn't get up front to battle with him. We got a story about how it wasn't worth it to hang it out, but Tomac was just faster that moto.

This isn't a very strategic sport. Even the guys who go out and talk about their strategy over the course of a season really don't have much other than trying to be the fastest guy any given weekend.
There's no way McGregor will last very long with his head up. . . He will drop his head first.

Anderson was fired up. He heard Blake's comments and made it known in the press conference he didn't particularly care for them.

I agree with your last couple of sentences.
VilloFan951
6/30/2017 7:32am
I think we care about it so much because we want a good rivalry. We haven't really had one since reed and stew

The Shop

disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
6/30/2017 7:38am
My mom punched me in the face once during a wrestling match.
honda341
6/30/2017 7:54am
I think a lot of us care more about this stuff than the actual riders do. Most of the riders just go out, ride as fast...

Very well put!!!
6/30/2017 8:21am
People either dig the drama, or they don't. Like all those shows on TV that are drama shows with a niche subject (that tennage drama queen Gas Monkey show comes to mind), the drama lovers are gonna create drama. Personally, I like interesting personalities when they are good-natured, not so much when they seem malicious and self-aggrandizing. Riders that joke around and are light-hearted come across as cool, the mouth-runners that "throw shade" appear as children to me. I know that it takes all kinds to fill the freeways so it will always be so. Oh, well.
tickleme20
6/30/2017 8:43am

honda341 wrote:
Very well put!!!
Right, makes it fun!

If anyone "breaks" it'll be Baggett. He's put his neck out far more than ET3 or JA21 in this war of words, and he has the most pride at stake to lose. Tomac has wisely backed away from the "feud" so even if Baggett ends up on top Tomac won't look the fool. Baggett, on the other hand, now has to push himself to be on top EVERY RACE just so he won't be lampooned by his own pride. Lots of pressure, and it seems to be working for him so far. But Tomac is a formidable (and frankly, unbeatable) foe when he's having an "on" day. And I don't think Baggett is up to Tomac's level when Tomac is at his best.
Acidreamer
6/30/2017 9:09am
Tomac is in everyones head already. Thats why baggett is shit talking after having 1 good race.
cityjack
6/30/2017 9:37am
disbanded wrote:
That's fricking hilarious. The epitome of a "Little League dad". I love it.
doofy
6/30/2017 9:40am
People either dig the drama, or they don't. Like all those shows on TV that are drama shows with a niche subject (that tennage drama queen...
People either dig the drama, or they don't. Like all those shows on TV that are drama shows with a niche subject (that tennage drama queen Gas Monkey show comes to mind), the drama lovers are gonna create drama. Personally, I like interesting personalities when they are good-natured, not so much when they seem malicious and self-aggrandizing. Riders that joke around and are light-hearted come across as cool, the mouth-runners that "throw shade" appear as children to me. I know that it takes all kinds to fill the freeways so it will always be so. Oh, well.
I had to google aggrandizing
doofy
6/30/2017 9:43am Edited Date/Time 6/30/2017 9:44am

honda341 wrote:
Very well put!!!
tickleme20 wrote:
Right, makes it fun! If anyone "breaks" it'll be Baggett. He's put his neck out far more than ET3 or JA21 in this war of words...
Right, makes it fun!

If anyone "breaks" it'll be Baggett. He's put his neck out far more than ET3 or JA21 in this war of words, and he has the most pride at stake to lose. Tomac has wisely backed away from the "feud" so even if Baggett ends up on top Tomac won't look the fool. Baggett, on the other hand, now has to push himself to be on top EVERY RACE just so he won't be lampooned by his own pride. Lots of pressure, and it seems to be working for him so far. But Tomac is a formidable (and frankly, unbeatable) foe when he's having an "on" day. And I don't think Baggett is up to Tomac's level when Tomac is at his best.
Idk about that man. I think bagget will catch fire and go on a streak like et3 did in sx. He fell and came thru the pack and eli did the same but only managed 8th
lucero10x
6/30/2017 9:52am
Blake is going to have to cut through those first few guys more quickly if he and Eli both get decent starts together. Eli is so good at dropping those guys like flies on the first lap or two.
downard254
6/30/2017 10:45am
I don't know man, if you're in a field with a bunch of cattle and you see a bull drop his head, my suggestion to you would be to get the hell out of there cause shits about to get real.Blink
6/30/2017 11:02am
First one with a mechanical issue will drop the head.
There's already been a mechanical issue for one of these guys.
6/30/2017 11:04am
First one with a mechanical issue will drop the head.
There's already been a mechanical issue for one of these guys.
Oh yeh Tru dat. He may be the only one who can overcome such an event.
deluxeman
6/30/2017 1:12pm
Put the red plate on ET3's bike and you will see a head drop the very next race.

As for this not being a strategic sport, I would say Dungey maybe the only guy that really worked his plan throughout the season. It sure isn't like F1 or NASCAR where strategy plays a huge part in a race, but there are no pit stops and no time to make adjustments during a race. It's mostly a 30+2 sprint race with whoever got the set up right and the start down wins the race.
6/30/2017 6:25pm
People either dig the drama, or they don't. Like all those shows on TV that are drama shows with a niche subject (that tennage drama queen...
doofy wrote:
I had to google aggrandizing
I know words, I have the best words...oh, shit, now I am a giant douche. Also, sorry for causing you to learn stuff.

I keed, I keed!
MXant15
Fantasy
802nd
6/30/2017 7:02pm
disbanded wrote:
There's a mom joke in here somewhere. I gotta grow up.
BobPA
6/30/2017 7:39pm
disbanded wrote:
MXant15 wrote:
There's a mom joke in here somewhere. I gotta grow up.
The day you grow up is the day you become old
rmoto003
6/30/2017 9:46pm
Jesus christ this is so gay can we just watch some motocross racing FFS
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
6/30/2017 9:50pm
I kinda hate to say this as I'm really enjoying the close racing. I believe Tomac is going to dominate the rest of the series
hyler199
7/1/2017 12:25am
I badly wanna see Anderson kill it at Southwick. I really enjoy his technical monkey maneuvers and is really fun to watch. But when Tomac blew around that bowl to pass Roczen was sick. Either way I win in this situation lol good racing 2017
7/1/2017 12:36am
Baggett's getting in Tomac's head is as fake as it gets, last weeks press conference was embarrassing for Baggett it's probably going to backfire and and Baggett is going to break Baggett.

7/1/2017 12:52am Edited Date/Time 7/1/2017 12:56am
deluxeman wrote:
Put the red plate on ET3's bike and you will see a head drop the very next race. As for this not being a strategic sport...
Put the red plate on ET3's bike and you will see a head drop the very next race.

As for this not being a strategic sport, I would say Dungey maybe the only guy that really worked his plan throughout the season. It sure isn't like F1 or NASCAR where strategy plays a huge part in a race, but there are no pit stops and no time to make adjustments during a race. It's mostly a 30+2 sprint race with whoever got the set up right and the start down wins the race.
Yeah the red plate really hindered him when coming from last to first in Salt Lake.. or when he rode past half the field without a front brake Whistling
cali11
7/1/2017 1:04am
honda341 wrote:
Very well put!!!
tickleme20 wrote:
Right, makes it fun! If anyone "breaks" it'll be Baggett. He's put his neck out far more than ET3 or JA21 in this war of words...
Right, makes it fun!

doofy wrote:
Idk about that man. I think bagget will catch fire and go on a streak like et3 did in sx. He fell and came thru the...
Idk about that man. I think bagget will catch fire and go on a streak like et3 did in sx. He fell and came thru the pack and eli did the same but only managed 8th
Not sure what your smoking, but it's fucking your head up!

Post a reply to: Who will drop their head first?

The Latest