Who will be the next euro rider to come over?

7/12/2017 1:51pm
Yep wrote:
Is the AMA 250 class going to become the dumping ground for MX2 riders who age out but can't be competitive in MXGP?
You are such an idiot. Hopefully you'll be at the Gatorback USGP.
philG
7/12/2017 3:31pm
Yep wrote:
Is the AMA 250 class going to become the dumping ground for MX2 riders who age out but can't be competitive in MXGP?
Its a valid point, you have 450 Class in MXGP that is stacked , and not many rides going, and guys in MX2 struggling to find a seat.. not many riders dropping out of 450's Phillipaerts was the last major one, and a few guys gone to enduro, and a lot of the frenchies just doing home championships now,

In the US you have 12 fast guys in 450, on good teams, a load of guys MIA on SX only / Canada stuff , and the rest are privateers doing it on gas card .. loads of space but no bikes with enough support

Then in 250, you have the SX teams who run east and west running 4 riders,(4 at PC , 4 at Star, 4 at Geico and 4 at TLD ) plus Osborne and a few odd balls, which is 20 ish .. its all fucked up.

If they ran a proper 250 SX series, instead of regionals, those teams could run 2 250's , and 2 450's and suddenly there are a load ,more rides to go round, plus you get to feed into your 450 team, you are investing in your own future, not just fattening someone up for the factories to pick off.

Both systems are flawed, but MXGP has strength in depth , MX2 does too, EMX feeds the young guys in , and the few 'late developers' in MX2 are the ones who are having difficulty . There are rides in 450, but you wont leap into a factory team unless you are very lucky.

AMA need to bump guys up, and create the rides by altering SX, imagine the 450 class with every guy who did 4 years in 250 in it.. on the same team they are on now, that would be properly competitive
early
Fantasy
2139th
7/12/2017 5:46pm
Yep wrote:
philG wrote:
Its a valid point, you have 450 Class in MXGP that is stacked , and not many rides going, and guys in MX2 struggling to find...
Its a valid point, you have 450 Class in MXGP that is stacked , and not many rides going, and guys in MX2 struggling to find a seat.. not many riders dropping out of 450's Phillipaerts was the last major one, and a few guys gone to enduro, and a lot of the frenchies just doing home championships now,

In the US you have 12 fast guys in 450, on good teams, a load of guys MIA on SX only / Canada stuff , and the rest are privateers doing it on gas card .. loads of space but no bikes with enough support

Then in 250, you have the SX teams who run east and west running 4 riders,(4 at PC , 4 at Star, 4 at Geico and 4 at TLD ) plus Osborne and a few odd balls, which is 20 ish .. its all fucked up.

If they ran a proper 250 SX series, instead of regionals, those teams could run 2 250's , and 2 450's and suddenly there are a load ,more rides to go round, plus you get to feed into your 450 team, you are investing in your own future, not just fattening someone up for the factories to pick off.

Both systems are flawed, but MXGP has strength in depth , MX2 does too, EMX feeds the young guys in , and the few 'late developers' in MX2 are the ones who are having difficulty . There are rides in 450, but you wont leap into a factory team unless you are very lucky.

AMA need to bump guys up, and create the rides by altering SX, imagine the 450 class with every guy who did 4 years in 250 in it.. on the same team they are on now, that would be properly competitive
Who got dumped from MX2 to the US?

Osborne wanted to come back, Ferrandis was the only guy in the same time zone as Herlings (big loss for the GPs) but it was his dream to come to America, Tonus couldnt cut it in the 250s here but has beaten much of the stacked MX1 field.
philG
7/13/2017 12:29am
Osborne would have stayed, he was on a good bike, in a good team, getting good results . He did not want to go to MXGP and coming home was the only way he could carry on. I spoke with him at a race in the UK, he liked being in Europe, even though he missed the US , he would have been happy to stay .

Ferrandis is French , and they have a good SX series, their guys want to come to the US , and he had 2 injury filled years and didn't reach potential on the 250 , and wasn't on for a 450 ride as the team he rode for didn't run 450 any more.

The Shop

RG1
7/13/2017 12:47am
early wrote:
Who got dumped from MX2 to the US? Osborne wanted to come back, Ferrandis was the only guy in the same time zone as Herlings (big...

Osborne wanted to come back, Ferrandis was the only guy in the same time zone as Herlings (big loss for the GPs) but it was his dream to come to America, Tonus couldnt cut it in the 250s here but has beaten much of the stacked MX1 field.
I wouldn't necessarily say that Ferrandis was a big loss to the GP's. He did only win 2 GP's in his time here and I don't really think he was that close to Herlings. He ran Herlings close a couple of times at the start of the season, but once Herlings got into his stride he was comfortably better. That being said, I do still rate him as a rider and I am a fan of his. I was excited to see how he would do this year, and he's done pretty well so far
7/13/2017 1:51am
Prado's plan just two years ago when he won EMX125 was to do two more seasons in Europe and then move to the US, so basically he would be lining up at A1 in January. But then again the plan was to probably win an EMX250 title and then battle for a world championship. Right now I don't see him moving over for another 2-3 seasons. My bet for the next guy moving is Hunter Lawrence, since the non-European riders that come to the GP's usually use it as a step on the way to the AMA series.

Moving to the US isn't as big of a thing for European riders as it was 5-10 years ago.
roninho
7/13/2017 2:17am
early wrote:
Who got dumped from MX2 to the US? Osborne wanted to come back, Ferrandis was the only guy in the same time zone as Herlings (big...

Tonus is 10th in points and closer to 13th then 7th. Comparable to Martin Davalos in 450s.

As for Ferrandis, that is a loss for GP's, great rider from an important market.
philG
7/13/2017 2:36am
Prado's plan just two years ago when he won EMX125 was to do two more seasons in Europe and then move to the US, so basically...
Prado's plan just two years ago when he won EMX125 was to do two more seasons in Europe and then move to the US, so basically he would be lining up at A1 in January. But then again the plan was to probably win an EMX250 title and then battle for a world championship. Right now I don't see him moving over for another 2-3 seasons. My bet for the next guy moving is Hunter Lawrence, since the non-European riders that come to the GP's usually use it as a step on the way to the AMA series.

Moving to the US isn't as big of a thing for European riders as it was 5-10 years ago.
I agree.. it really isn't the big thing it was, Now Stewart, RC and RV have gone, you are just swapping one series for another, rather than looking at the US thinking you need to go and beat them , Cairoli is enough of a challenge .

I think Lawrence would be daft to jump off Factory Suzuki here to go to the US , especially if he doesn't have SX skills.
early
Fantasy
2139th
7/13/2017 6:02am
roninho wrote:
Tonus is 10th in points and closer to 13th then 7th. Comparable to Martin Davalos in 450s. As for Ferrandis, that is a loss for GP's...
Tonus is 10th in points and closer to 13th then 7th. Comparable to Martin Davalos in 450s.

As for Ferrandis, that is a loss for GP's, great rider from an important market.
Tonus has a podium in a moto and overall and had some momentum building. Alot of bad races have hurt his points standing but he has been pretty consistently in the group of riders behind the top guys. Point is he is a good rider that didnt get dumped in the US. Same goes for Osborne and Ferrandis. I think Dylan could have raced MX2 this year again and I think he could be leading it barring injury which he was a bit prone to.

Post a reply to: Who will be the next euro rider to come over?

The Latest