Who will be the next big name in Supercross?

Juice_Mann
10/28/2017 9:04am
Juice_Mann wrote:
That's true. But RV had no trouble clicking off wins those first two seasons. I think he would've given JS7 fits in 09 had he not...
That's true. But RV had no trouble clicking off wins those first two seasons. I think he would've given JS7 fits in 09 had he not missed half the season. He was really sick I believe? Also I think we all know he had the 2010 championship won until he decided to change lines to get around that lapper in STL...
What were you watching in 2010? He was trailing in points but had the title in the bag? Interesting
Yeah I believe he had a dnf earlier in the season and was handing Dungey his ass in every race after that. Go back and watch he would've caught him. He beat JS7 and Reed (who were fighting for the title) at Seattle and Vegas 09 after he just got back from illness. You RV haters are hilarious. He and MC are the only guys to have ever won 4 straight SX titles. RV > JS7 so just get over it.
cbuehler767
10/28/2017 9:25am
Juice_Mann wrote:
Yeah I believe he had a dnf earlier in the season and was handing Dungey his ass in every race after that. Go back and watch...
Yeah I believe he had a dnf earlier in the season and was handing Dungey his ass in every race after that. Go back and watch he would've caught him. He beat JS7 and Reed (who were fighting for the title) at Seattle and Vegas 09 after he just got back from illness. You RV haters are hilarious. He and MC are the only guys to have ever won 4 straight SX titles. RV > JS7 so just get over it.
Don't hate RV at all. Appreciate him even more now than when he was racing. He beat JS/CR when he was way out of the points. You might have something saying he might have gave Reed fits. Bubba 2009 was old James and last we ever saw of old James. He was crushing RV that yr by over 30sec on a SX track. James 2007-2009 is the fastest guy on a SX track ever its not any insult to RV that he doesn't match up my man. Just my opinion of course
Juice_Mann
10/28/2017 9:35am
Juice_Mann wrote:
Yeah I believe he had a dnf earlier in the season and was handing Dungey his ass in every race after that. Go back and watch...
Don't hate RV at all. Appreciate him even more now than when he was racing. He beat JS/CR when he was way out of the points...
Don't hate RV at all. Appreciate him even more now than when he was racing. He beat JS/CR when he was way out of the points. You might have something saying he might have gave Reed fits. Bubba 2009 was old James and last we ever saw of old James. He was crushing RV that yr by over 30sec on a SX track. James 2007-2009 is the fastest guy on a SX track ever its not any insult to RV that he doesn't match up my man. Just my opinion of course
Just because JS7 is the fastest guy on an SX track doesn't make him better. I would bet a lot of the top guys could run that pace but choose not to because they don't feel like taking a soil sample every other race (like JS7 did ALL of his career). James was and is the most exciting guy to watch on a dirt bike, but he's not the best sorry. And to further disagree with your argument, 07 James was way better than 09 James. He's never been the same since leaving Kawi.
cali11
10/28/2017 9:40am
Another thing to consider RC JS and RV didn't win their first SX titles until their 3rd year in the class if it's worth noting.
Juice_Mann wrote:
That's true. But RV had no trouble clicking off wins those first two seasons. I think he would've given JS7 fits in 09 had he not...
That's true. But RV had no trouble clicking off wins those first two seasons. I think he would've given JS7 fits in 09 had he not missed half the season. He was really sick I believe? Also I think we all know he had the 2010 championship won until he decided to change lines to get around that lapper in STL...
RV was a bad ass for sure, but he didn't have shit for Stew in 09. The two of them were close in 2014, I think had stew raced for the tithe instead of wins he could of won that 14 title

The Shop

cbuehler767
10/28/2017 9:40am
Juice_Mann wrote:
Just because JS7 is the fastest guy on an SX track doesn't make him better. I would bet a lot of the top guys could run...
Just because JS7 is the fastest guy on an SX track doesn't make him better. I would bet a lot of the top guys could run that pace but choose not to because they don't feel like taking a soil sample every other race (like JS7 did ALL of his career). James was and is the most exciting guy to watch on a dirt bike, but he's not the best sorry. And to further disagree with your argument, 07 James was way better than 09 James. He's never been the same since leaving Kawi.
Look I agree RV is better career, all around, whatever. RV is def 2nd to RC on my all time list. I jus think James 2007-2009 is the fastest SX rider ever. It wasn't jus laptimes he won races and tiles. You are correct 2007 was better than 2009
Juice_Mann
10/28/2017 9:47am
Another thing to consider RC JS and RV didn't win their first SX titles until their 3rd year in the class if it's worth noting.
Juice_Mann wrote:
cali11 wrote:
RV was a bad ass for sure, but he didn't have shit for Stew in 09. The two of them were close in 2014, I think...
RV was a bad ass for sure, but he didn't have shit for Stew in 09. The two of them were close in 2014, I think had stew raced for the tithe instead of wins he could of won that 14 title
RV was a rookie in 09 so of course James was better. But no way in hell he would've won the 14 title that's crazy. He had flashes of brilliance but it's inevitable that he was going to crash. RV was simply better in 14.
cbuehler767
10/28/2017 9:53am
The only reason Reed was even close in 2009 was because James threw away the first race of the season. Doesn't matter was version of RV it was in 2009 rookie veteran whatever. James would have waxed him
Juice_Mann
10/28/2017 10:01am Edited Date/Time 10/28/2017 10:03am
The only reason Reed was even close in 2009 was because James threw away the first race of the season. Doesn't matter was version of RV...
The only reason Reed was even close in 2009 was because James threw away the first race of the season. Doesn't matter was version of RV it was in 2009 rookie veteran whatever. James would have waxed him
RV threw away the first race of 2013 in "the most stacked field ever". JS, CR, RD, JB51, fast Davi, and probably forgetting a few others. Then he came back and won the title before Vegas. 13 RV may be the best SX racer anyone has ever seen. RV's most bad ass race IMO was 13 STL and I got to be there live. So fucking cool.
cali11
10/28/2017 1:36pm
Juice_Mann wrote:
cali11 wrote:
RV was a bad ass for sure, but he didn't have shit for Stew in 09. The two of them were close in 2014, I think...
Juice_Mann wrote:
RV was a rookie in 09 so of course James was better. But no way in hell he would've won the 14 title that's crazy. He...
RV was a rookie in 09 so of course James was better. But no way in hell he would've won the 14 title that's crazy. He had flashes of brilliance but it's inevitable that he was going to crash. RV was simply better in 14.
That my point, that was JS title to loose in 14. He could of rode smarter instead of crashing. He threw it away at Tampa after RV crashed out of the LCQ. Stew crashed in the first rt had turn. Same one RV did. But I guess he wound if still failed the piss test, lol
cali11
10/28/2017 1:39pm
The only reason Reed was even close in 2009 was because James threw away the first race of the season. Doesn't matter was version of RV...
Juice_Mann wrote:
RV threw away the first race of 2013 in "the most stacked field ever". JS, CR, RD, JB51, fast Davi, and probably forgetting a few others...
RV threw away the first race of 2013 in "the most stacked field ever". JS, CR, RD, JB51, fast Davi, and probably forgetting a few others. Then he came back and won the title before Vegas. 13 RV may be the best SX racer anyone has ever seen. RV's most bad ass race IMO was 13 STL and I got to be there live. So fucking cool.
13 STL was a good race, but nothing beats JS 14 Toronto. Being an RV fan myself I have to agree with a lot of what you say, but JS 14 Toronto was the fastest I ever seen anyone go.
Juice_Mann
10/28/2017 1:50pm
cali11 wrote:
Juice_Mann wrote:
RV was a rookie in 09 so of course James was better. But no way in hell he would've won the 14 title that's crazy. He...
cali11 wrote:
That my point, that was JS title to loose in 14. He could of rode smarter instead of crashing. He threw it away at Tampa after...
That my point, that was JS title to loose in 14. He could of rode smarter instead of crashing. He threw it away at Tampa after RV crashed out of the LCQ. Stew crashed in the first rt had turn. Same one RV did. But I guess he wound if still failed the piss test, lol
I get what you're saying, but if James rode "smarter" he wouldn't be faster than RV. And yeah the PED debate had been argued to death. I personally think whatever James was on benefited most in outdoors that year. I remember a few of those motos that James won. He would come off a 30 minute moto without one drop of sweat in the heat and not even be breathing heavy. I knew something was up. James has never been that fit.
Rockinar
10/29/2017 3:28am
Nobody out there right now is the next MC, RC, JS. Seems like everyones speed is pretty even. You have a couple people who stand out like Musquin and Tomac, They are the next Emig, not the next JS7. Carmichael and Stewart had the "it" factor from day 1 and you could see it. Theres just nobody out there right now that everyone is watching.

Unless theres someone on supermini who are going to dominate, it will be pretty even for a while.
10/29/2017 3:55am
Forty wrote:
We have reached a time where there will be no repeat domination IMO. The competition/bikes/training/etc are all too close for a rider to string together several...
We have reached a time where there will be no repeat domination IMO. The competition/bikes/training/etc are all too close for a rider to string together several championships in a row. Marvin may win enough in 2018 to claim the championship but I cannot see him going 3 or more in a row like riders have in the past.
I agree, I think the laws of physics between rubber and dirt have reached their limits.
Unless the competition are a lot slower, there isn't going to be a break away rider.
Dare I say it , perhaps that's why the previous riders looked so good?
gabrielito
10/29/2017 6:08am
Forty wrote:
We have reached a time where there will be no repeat domination IMO. The competition/bikes/training/etc are all too close for a rider to string together several...
We have reached a time where there will be no repeat domination IMO. The competition/bikes/training/etc are all too close for a rider to string together several championships in a row. Marvin may win enough in 2018 to claim the championship but I cannot see him going 3 or more in a row like riders have in the past.
I agree, I think the laws of physics between rubber and dirt have reached their limits. Unless the competition are a lot slower, there isn't going...
I agree, I think the laws of physics between rubber and dirt have reached their limits.
Unless the competition are a lot slower, there isn't going to be a break away rider.
Dare I say it , perhaps that's why the previous riders looked so good?
And body chemistry as well. The 90's - 2010's were a period of all time domination across the board in sports. Lance Armstrong, Barry Bonds, Alex Rodriguez, Roger Clemens, Marion Jones, Peyton Manning, etc. For whatever reason all sports saw a surge in performance during this time. Supercross is no exception. It seems things have settled and athletic performance has become less concentrated on just a few athletes then during that time.
endurox
10/29/2017 12:14pm
Zack Osborne is moving up to the 450 outdoors, will be ready for the 19 sx season on the Husky 450 or 350.
TeamGreen
10/29/2017 12:25pm
Looking forward, who will be the next big name in Supercross ala MC, RC, JS, RV, RD? Is Tomac, Marvin, or Roczen consistent enough to keep...
Looking forward, who will be the next big name in Supercross ala MC, RC, JS, RV, RD? Is Tomac, Marvin, or Roczen consistent enough to keep it on two wheels for multiple championships? Maybe these 3 will just share the spotlight for the next several years until the Dungey successor emerges?

Or, have we reached a time where there's just too much talent out there for someone to dominate?
TeamGreen wrote:
Jason Anderson
I am with TeamGreen
And let's also realize that Baggett is ON FIRE, too.

(This is where someone tries to tell me he's no good at SX & I laugh).

If Blake has TWO red plates at the end of '18?
I WILL NOT be one of those guys saying,"I didn't see that happening!".
He's still the same guy that laid down the FASTEST LAP of the day...
On the last lap...
Of the last Moto.
Yup, back when he rode for Mitch...and he's waaaaaay faster now.

Then there Deano and Broc. They're both on a mission.
TeamGreen
10/29/2017 12:26pm
endurox wrote:
Zack Osborne is moving up to the 450 outdoors, will be ready for the 19 sx season on the Husky 450 or 350.
cbuehler767
10/29/2017 12:29pm
early wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/28/222208/s1200_wJ5fcq8.jpg[/img]

LOL yup
cali11
10/29/2017 1:30pm
Juice_Mann wrote:
What were you watching in 2010? He was trailing in points but had the title in the bag? Interesting
Juice_Mann wrote:
Bro I'm an RV fan, but put down that crack pipe. No way in hell could RV even been close to JS7 in 09. As for the LV SX Reed was trying to run Janes off the track in every corner. Of course RV had that win. 2010 you must of been locked up or somthing? After JS broke his wrist RD went on win streak. RV came on late in the season b4 his yard sale, but by then RD had a big points lead.
cali11
10/29/2017 1:35pm
endurox wrote:
What will he be in 2019, 30? I like the guy & he really picked it up the last 2 years. But I just don't see any 450 titles.
TeamGreen
10/29/2017 1:40pm
endurox wrote:
cali11 wrote:
What will he be in 2019, 30? I like the guy & he really picked it up the last 2 years. But I just don't see...
What will he be in 2019, 30? I like the guy & he really picked it up the last 2 years. But I just don't see any 450 titles.
How would you define his progress, success and over all "growth" over the last 12 months?
How old was Chad when he last lit up an SX?
Juice_Mann
10/29/2017 1:48pm
Juice_Mann wrote:
cali11 wrote:
Bro I'm an RV fan, but put down that crack pipe. No way in hell could RV even been close to JS7 in 09. As for...
Bro I'm an RV fan, but put down that crack pipe. No way in hell could RV even been close to JS7 in 09. As for the LV SX Reed was trying to run Janes off the track in every corner. Of course RV had that win. 2010 you must of been locked up or somthing? After JS broke his wrist RD went on win streak. RV came on late in the season b4 his yard sale, but by then RD had a big points lead.
Maybe you should actually do some research before posting. RD only had a 12 point lead heading into STL. Would've been 9 after that race had it not been for the lapper. Also, RV had won 7 of the last 10 races heading into STL. So yeah... RV was handing RD his ass. What season were you watching??
cbuehler767
10/29/2017 6:34pm
Juice_Mann wrote:
Maybe you should actually do some research before posting. RD only had a 12 point lead heading into STL. Would've been 9 after that race had...
Maybe you should actually do some research before posting. RD only had a 12 point lead heading into STL. Would've been 9 after that race had it not been for the lapper. Also, RV had won 7 of the last 10 races heading into STL. So yeah... RV was handing RD his ass. What season were you watching??
Love how you skew the statistics to your favor, 7 out of 10 races LoL. So he won 6 races coming into the 14th race of the season and Dungey won 5. Jesus dear lord what domination by RV!! Then he crashed himself out or karma did after his dirty takeout move. Dungey beat him for that title straight up
robkinuk
10/29/2017 6:55pm
gabrielito wrote:
And body chemistry as well. The 90's - 2010's were a period of all time domination across the board in sports. Lance Armstrong, Barry Bonds, Alex...
And body chemistry as well. The 90's - 2010's were a period of all time domination across the board in sports. Lance Armstrong, Barry Bonds, Alex Rodriguez, Roger Clemens, Marion Jones, Peyton Manning, etc. For whatever reason all sports saw a surge in performance during this time. Supercross is no exception. It seems things have settled and athletic performance has become less concentrated on just a few athletes then during that time.
What's the common theme linking most of those performances?????...........illegal performance enhancing drugs!
It isn't body chemistry............it's the chemistry within the body that sadly seperated many of those so called athletes from the pack!Shocked
c0ncEpT
10/29/2017 8:06pm
c0ncEpT wrote:
I don't know why everyone is so high on Plessinger. He's had 3-4 wins total in 3 years.
brimx153 wrote:
i soooo agree .
I mean the dude is fast but he races through the pack for 3rd or 4th place while the top guys run away more often than not.
86honda
10/30/2017 10:12pm
Im looking for The Bad Boy Jason Lawrence to make that 18 come back!
2/11/2018 9:58am
Well, it’s clear now that Tomac, Roczen, or Musquin aren’t looking good to fill the void Dungey left when he retired. With that said I really hope Anderson keeps it on two wheels or this year will be a total shit show. If Anderson was to go down we could see anyone from Bagget, Brayton, Seely, or Peick winning this Championship. Barcia might have the best shot but who knows. I guess it’s more exciting to watch but it sure shows you how much better Dungey was than all these guys. It’s been a LONG time since we didn’t have a dominant champion out there.... strange times in Supercross at the moment.
BikerScars
2/11/2018 10:50am Edited Date/Time 2/11/2018 10:52am
Hoping no one racer is dominant.
I want to watch a battle. Battles for position, podiums, and points.

Post a reply to: Who will be the next big name in Supercross?

The Latest