Who were you most impressed by at the US GP's?

Tomac is an easy answer but, not too surprised by that!

Forkner, but again kinda saw his progression getting there!

Ansti impressed me with his starts and pace.

Seweer impressed me with his pace and aggression.

Covington impressed me with his pace and the late charges.

Who you Got?
|
TeamGreen
9/14/2016 2:57pm
A bunch of little Green Men kicking ass.

In-fact, one of them hit the ground like a rock dropped from 50,000 feet up....yet....he got up...PISSED as all get-out...and walked over to the A-Stars Kawasaki Mule and took a seat...still pissed...but, listening to the medics...

Some other guy thinking he was Dale Earnhardt on another Green Bike came from waaaaaay back and stomped the field like he, too, was pissed off. Then I heard him say something about going home and getting his Bow out...as he wiped tears from his eyes after the anthem played. Something about Deer season coming up...?

So, yup, little green men on green motorcycles.

Yup.

Very, very proud of our little green men.

And Red...
And Blue...
And Orange...

Oh, a side note: some of them-there European-types was one of'em Light-Blue scooters shredding some high-dollar-Ubber-Factory bikes like a banshee. I think it had TM on the side like they was Trademarking or sumthin'...?

The Racing was stellar. The New & The Old Names had a day that they should ALL be proud of. Period.

Thanks to ALL the people that made it happen.
early
Fantasy
2231st
9/14/2016 3:03pm Edited Date/Time 9/15/2016 5:29am
Herlings look back at Cooper closing fast. Honestly I didnt think Cooper would catch him in moto 2.

Tomac. Finally looking good on the bike.
RG1
9/14/2016 3:07pm
Forkner
BB67
9/14/2016 3:18pm
X2,Forkner

The Shop

race
9/14/2016 3:22pm
Not to sound like a homer but easily Tomac. Really thought the GP guys would have something for him, even with all the circumstances. He was like an enraged bull out there storming his way to the front and was not going to be denied.

I gave a chuckle when Paulin tried to fade to his right and block Tomac's line halfway up the Mt. St Helen uphill ... and Tomac just elbowed / muscled right past him carrying far more speed. Very impressed.

Was not surprised by Herlings as I expected him to be first or second. Forkner got screwed when they dumbed down the GH track as he had the technical stuff that was removed totally wired.

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/14/2016 3:25pm Edited Date/Time 9/14/2016 3:28pm
Covington has come a long way in his riding and fitness.

Justin Hoeft put in great rides after only having a few weeks of serious training in.

Mitchell Harrison? That was a big step forward to get on the podium.

The power if the TM on the starts in MX2.

On the downer side...

Desalle.

Paturel getting pushy with security. If you're going to step out of the paddock in nothing but a pair of lycra shorts, take your credential.

The "crowd."

We're definitely looking forward to the MXoN in '17.
brewrabb
9/14/2016 3:31pm
ET3 for obvious reasons, Webb for his 2nd moto statement, Harrison (who?), AF for being the impressive rookie and Herlings for being the real deal.
9/14/2016 4:07pm
Jmart.

Supposedly 10 days on the bike and recovering from injury...very impressive to get 2nd against Europes best.
TSRmxer355
9/14/2016 4:13pm

Not surprisingly, Herlings was extremely impressive. But I was really surprised with how smooth he was. Almost reminded me of the way Pourcel rides. I was expecting him to be a little more Anderson-like and on the edge. He was smooth as butter.
9/14/2016 4:21pm
I gotta go with Mitchell Harrison. Showed results/consistency that hadn't really been there yet for him through his rookie campaign.
YamahaJT1
9/14/2016 5:18pm
I was at Charlotte, so Webb.

ET3 - Called that.

Harrison got the job DONE. Imagine how great he feels!
USA
Fantasy
507th
9/14/2016 5:32pm
Jeremy Van Horebeek and Glenn Coldenhoff impressed me the most. I expected Febvre, Gajser, Cairoli and Herlings to have the speed, but JVH am the Hoff really brought it! Helped me put into perspective how fast the GP guys are, not only at the top.
9/14/2016 7:10pm
Impressed with Herlings' performance. Pulled away from Webb in first moto at Charlotte, and had an easy go of it at GH. Thought the US guys would be closer, especially on non-sand tracks.
nytsmaC
9/14/2016 7:22pm Edited Date/Time 9/14/2016 7:23pm
Herlings jist makes it look easy. Can't really pinpoint where he makes up time, he just seems to be able to carry a little more speed everywhere. I'll give him a pass for losing a moto at Charlotte, he didn't need to win and I suspect he was a little out of his element.

Forkner, what a stud.. Did anyone expect him to be this good this soon?

Eli looked like he was sandbagging. Absolutely killing it. Cairoli rode really well at GH but obviously overshadowed by #3's warp speed.
9/14/2016 7:25pm
I thought Harrison did very solid but he was progressing towards that finish. His last 4 rounds of outdoors he had a 3rd, two 7th's and two ninth's... His 5-5 for 3rd. against that competition was great but he was still basically 30 seconds back each moto,
Jimmy_Sloan
9/14/2016 7:26pm Edited Date/Time 9/14/2016 7:27pm
In my mind it has been Herlings; he is an amazing rider, probably the best out there.
Jimmy_Sloan
9/14/2016 7:27pm
GuyB wrote:
Covington has come a long way in his riding and fitness. Justin Hoeft put in great rides after only having a few weeks of serious training...
Covington has come a long way in his riding and fitness.

Justin Hoeft put in great rides after only having a few weeks of serious training in.

Mitchell Harrison? That was a big step forward to get on the podium.

The power if the TM on the starts in MX2.

On the downer side...

Desalle.

Paturel getting pushy with security. If you're going to step out of the paddock in nothing but a pair of lycra shorts, take your credential.

The "crowd."

We're definitely looking forward to the MXoN in '17.
Great post
dkg
9/14/2016 7:40pm
I can only speak about Glen Helen.

Eli Tomac. Great rides. Kinda wondered where he'd been earlier in the year. Next year should be interesting.

Jeremy Martin. First time out on the Honda was impressive. Team members, the guys with the headsets, seemed excited about his and the teams performance. Good fit for next year.

Jeffrey Herlings. Interesting to hear the announcers talking about Forkner giving him riding lessons as Herlings followed him around for a couple of laps early. Midway through Herlings simply checked out. Either he was sand bagging or Forkner is the best teacher on the planet. Herlings just made it look easy.

Forkner. Great ride for first GPs. He is clearly going to dominate at some point in the future.
YamahaJT1
9/14/2016 7:44pm Edited Date/Time 9/14/2016 7:47pm
early wrote:
Herlings look back at Cooper closing fast. Honestly I didnt think Cooper would catch him in moto 2.

Tomac. Finally looking good on the bike.
KID858
9/14/2016 7:53pm
Barcia and his Dirtshark remarks, which led to Roczen's remarks blah blah blah. Love watching the show!
9/14/2016 9:40pm
Impressed by Tomac domination.

Watched Herlings at GH, first time I saw him ride in person. He's fast and smooth.

Forkner has been impressive all year. Too bad about the second moto at GH.

Not impressed by the rest of the MX2 field. I was expecting them to be more competitive.

The crowd for a second year at GH was really small. Was a bit disappointing.
mxjon454
9/14/2016 10:36pm
I thought JMart was really impressive with his first geico outting. 7 seconds back in the first moto and 10 back in the 2nd moto correct with 10 days on the bike?

What i was not impressed with was how far off the other guys were. That 23 year old and out rule needs to go for mx2. Some guys just arent ready to move up and its killing their career. Or there are kids turning pro at 19 or 20 and they only have a couple years in mx2 and its off to the 450 class. The mx2 class is weak IMO.
The Rock
9/14/2016 11:44pm
Yes on the ten cough cough days. Yep only ten cough cough days. :-)
HenryA
9/15/2016 12:06am
Webb making Herlings look like a C-class in Charlotte rider was insane
The Rock
9/15/2016 1:28am
1) Cairolli leading the second moto.

2) Tomac's second moto ride.

There were a couple of laps where the gap remained constant about two thirds of the way in but now I realize ET3 was maybe just cruising for a lap or two before he continued that epic ride in the second moto.

EA Lab's Luka Dolenc said "now that was an ass kicking!" as Eli took the checkers the second moto. Couldn't said it better myself.
jamma10
9/15/2016 1:45am Edited Date/Time 9/15/2016 1:54am
mxjon454 wrote:
I thought JMart was really impressive with his first geico outting. 7 seconds back in the first moto and 10 back in the 2nd moto correct...
I thought JMart was really impressive with his first geico outting. 7 seconds back in the first moto and 10 back in the 2nd moto correct with 10 days on the bike?

What i was not impressed with was how far off the other guys were. That 23 year old and out rule needs to go for mx2. Some guys just arent ready to move up and its killing their career. Or there are kids turning pro at 19 or 20 and they only have a couple years in mx2 and its off to the 450 class. The mx2 class is weak IMO.
Seeing as a few people have mentioned the depth of the MX2 class, I'll post this again. The MX2 field is particularly weak at the moment because all the riders highlighted in red are either injured or just didnt travel to the USGPs. The MX2 field on display over the last few weekend is basically the scraps of what's left.

Ferrandis, Jonass, Petrov, Tonkov, Brylyakov... they may not be world beaters but they would normally pad out the top five/ten positions. Then there are youngsters like Pootjes, Sterry, Mewse and Zaragoza who are very capable. Harrison did well to go 5-5 and fair play to him, but I'm he would have had a much tougher job with all those guys around. I'm not trying to downplay his achievement but it seems many people - including various journalists and media commentators - are unaware of just how depleted the usual MX2 field actually was.

(Monticelli was in the US and should'nt be highlighted)

Post a reply to: Who were you most impressed by at the US GP's?

The Latest