Who was testing Chads bike last week?

2/4/2014 3:11am Edited Date/Time 2/21/2014 6:00pm
They brought it up on the pulp show today and it had me guessing who. He has mentioned before it had to be a tittle contender, I really hope its not kenny, I really like what hes doing and how is travelling with the. KTM so far. Squashing all the myths about the bike being shit.
|
Crush
2/4/2014 3:41am
Yeah I saw the quote and sent a tweet to the show asking them to speculate. Kenny wasn't in right? I haven't listened yet, will start in a sec.

Hey are you in Qld or NSW? Hows the new thumper?
2/4/2014 4:16am
Crush wrote:
Yeah I saw the quote and sent a tweet to the show asking them to speculate. Kenny wasn't in right? I haven't listened yet, will start...
Yeah I saw the quote and sent a tweet to the show asking them to speculate. Kenny wasn't in right? I haven't listened yet, will start in a sec.

Hey are you in Qld or NSW? Hows the new thumper?
I hope its wilson, but isnt kennys contract up?

Im in Brisbane. loving the bike at the moment . Think im going to drop a tooth on the front so i can carry third gear more.Needs a few more hours before i send the suspension away.
Crush
2/4/2014 4:21am
Kenny and Dean are up I think. Deano would have to be on a one year deal and Kenny is def up. He's gotta be the pick of the litter I think, so head strong. I know Deano is awesome too but he's maybe a little more mental than Kenny. You'd have to assume they'll have to go through Eli the next 10 years so they've gotta be mentally rock solid.

So is Dungey. BamBam... Brayton & Grant too I think. Only RV and JS are locked up as far as I've read... Trey?

Yeah took my 350 out the other weekend. So good. So good I got overconfident after not riding for half a year and landed on my ass! haha... All good, but it's a nice bike to ride. Good for older gents I'd say!

The Shop

IWreckALot
2/4/2014 4:49am
I have a feeling Reed really wants KRoc. . . Just a matter if he can get a sponsor to fund that caliber of a rider.
robbo335
2/4/2014 4:52am
Crush wrote:
Kenny and Dean are up I think. Deano would have to be on a one year deal and Kenny is def up. He's gotta be the...
Kenny and Dean are up I think. Deano would have to be on a one year deal and Kenny is def up. He's gotta be the pick of the litter I think, so head strong. I know Deano is awesome too but he's maybe a little more mental than Kenny. You'd have to assume they'll have to go through Eli the next 10 years so they've gotta be mentally rock solid.

So is Dungey. BamBam... Brayton & Grant too I think. Only RV and JS are locked up as far as I've read... Trey?

Yeah took my 350 out the other weekend. So good. So good I got overconfident after not riding for half a year and landed on my ass! haha... All good, but it's a nice bike to ride. Good for older gents I'd say!
pretty sure dunge is still got another year to go, james is up, as well as trey and pretty much everyone else except villo.
Flip109
2/4/2014 4:55am
Kenny is training with RV also. Maybe next year they will both be on green bikes. Who knows. I would def say deno or Kenny. Wasn't he talking to Deno before anyway? Plus they would both be at the Kawi test track together......
IWreckALot
2/4/2014 5:10am
Crush wrote:
Kenny and Dean are up I think. Deano would have to be on a one year deal and Kenny is def up. He's gotta be the...

robbo335 wrote:
pretty sure dunge is still got another year to go, james is up, as well as trey and pretty much everyone else except villo.
I thought I had heard this was Dungey's contract year also but now I'm questioning that. Seems like not long ago he signed a 2 year extension. I think you might be right about Dungey being next year. It'll be interesting to see where he goes after that.
2/4/2014 5:23am
IWreckALot wrote:
I have a feeling Reed really wants KRoc. . . Just a matter if he can get a sponsor to fund that caliber of a rider.
I'm thinking the same thing. I don't think redbull and ktm will be that keen to let him go though.
Olson
2/4/2014 5:51am
Source:

2/4/2014 5:51am Edited Date/Time 2/4/2014 5:51am
IWreckALot wrote:
I immediately thought this when KRoc congratulated Reedy after the race. He also rode around with him/behind him, and I started to think that maybe KRoc also wanted to go to 22.
2/4/2014 5:52am
Olson wrote:
Source: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/02/04/44305/s1200_Ska_rmavbild_2014_02_04_kl._14.50.05.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/02/04/44306/s1200_Ska_rmavbild_2014_02_04_kl._14.48.08.jpg[/img]
Source:

kenny will be offered some serious $$$$$$$$$$$$$ for next year!!!!!!!!! should have his pick of any team he wants- be cool to see him ride for reeds team but cant see them being able to fund it (unless he brings red bull with him, or monster!)
mpy
2/4/2014 5:54am
If Roczen went to twotwo I'm sure Red Bull would be coming along for the ride.

But Red Bull might prefer him where he is at the moment.
kongols
2/4/2014 5:57am
mpy wrote:
If Roczen went to twotwo I'm sure Red Bull would be coming along for the ride. But Red Bull might prefer him where he is at...

I doubt they would.
Olson
2/4/2014 5:58am
mpy wrote:
If Roczen went to twotwo I'm sure Red Bull would be coming along for the ride. But Red Bull might prefer him where he is at...

Chad has a personal contract with Monster.
slipdog
2/4/2014 6:16am Edited Date/Time 2/4/2014 6:16am
Team 22 Motorsports/ Mercedes Benz/ Kawasaki...
mpy
2/4/2014 6:16am
mpy wrote:

Olson wrote:
Chad has a personal contract with Monster.
Yes, but that doesn't prevent a Red Bull deal for next year.
jamma10
2/4/2014 6:36am
IWreckALot wrote:
I immediately thought this when KRoc congratulated Reedy after the race. He also rode around with him/behind him, and I started to think that maybe KRoc...
I immediately thought this when KRoc congratulated Reedy after the race. He also rode around with him/behind him, and I started to think that maybe KRoc also wanted to go to 22.
At the end of the first Moto at the 2011 MXdN Roczen joined Reed on the table top after the finish line to congratulate him. Kenny only finished 2 or 3 seconds behind him, Reed gestured to the crowd and then pointed to Kenny as if to say 'How about this awesome kid?!!'.

I think Reed has a lot of respect for Kenny, but as others said I can't see him being able to compete with factory teams who will surely all be eager to sign him.
kongols
2/4/2014 6:42am
mpy wrote:
Yes, but that doesn't prevent a Red Bull deal for next year.
Not a chance.
ridge
2/4/2014 6:43am
Olson wrote:
Source: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/02/04/44305/s1200_Ska_rmavbild_2014_02_04_kl._14.50.05.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/02/04/44306/s1200_Ska_rmavbild_2014_02_04_kl._14.48.08.jpg[/img]
Source:

There is no way in Hell that KTM would be okay with Kenny testing another bike, and I doubt Reed would throw him under the bus. When shit like that goes down, it's not talked about for years (unless it's Bubba!)

Dean makes the most sense.
mojoman42
2/4/2014 6:52am
I was thinking it's Wilson to ride a 450 on the opposite coast.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1823rd
2/4/2014 7:08am
I don't think it was Roczen or Wilson. I think it was someone who said they want their deal done before Supercross ends.
Olson
2/4/2014 7:16am
Jarid332 wrote:
I don't think it was Roczen or Wilson. I think it was someone who said they want their deal done before Supercross ends.
Sounds about right. First off, why would Wilson test Reeds bike? He's been on the Kawi 450. He knows what it's about. Second off. I doubt Roczen would test another bike right know when he does great on the one he's aboard. There's plenty of time during off season for testing. If anyone is trying out Reeds bike, it's a dude who's not happy with the bike he's on and a guy who don't ride Kawis weekly. Maybe that's why Bamboozle tries to punt everyone but Reed. Whistling
Hut
2/4/2014 7:21am
Kroc to twotwo, that would be great for years to come!
IWreckALot
2/4/2014 7:24am
Jarid332 wrote:
Olson wrote:
Sounds about right. First off, why would Wilson test Reeds bike? He's been on the Kawi 450. He knows what it's about. Second off. I doubt...
Sounds about right. First off, why would Wilson test Reeds bike? He's been on the Kawi 450. He knows what it's about. Second off. I doubt Roczen would test another bike right know when he does great on the one he's aboard. There's plenty of time during off season for testing. If anyone is trying out Reeds bike, it's a dude who's not happy with the bike he's on and a guy who don't ride Kawis weekly. Maybe that's why Bamboozle tries to punt everyone but Reed. Whistling
Barcia then. . . I hope Reed knows what he's doing with that one. Barcia seems to be lacking a piece of the puzzle. Maybe it is the bike but I thought we would see a faster Barcia this year and so far he really hasn't been at the front of the pack much.

I think Reed and Roczen would have better chemistry but I just don't think Kenny would be the one testing the bike without Decoster finding out about it. It would be sweet if it was him but I have my doubts.
BobPA
2/4/2014 7:55am
For all we know ol' Chad just went on a fishing expedition.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1823rd
2/4/2014 7:56am
BobPA wrote:
For all we know ol' Chad just went on a fishing expedition.
Yup. You never know with him. Maybe it really was Tim Ferry! Maybe Chad is giving him a ride for LL's... Matthes pack your shit for Florida!
RedRum666
2/4/2014 8:03am
Maybe its Tim Ferry and he is simply " testing" the bike for someone else... Like Peick did for Millsaps???

Reed likes to be vague to stir the rumor mill he says he doesnt care about.....so why say anything at all ???
ab5772
2/4/2014 8:06am
They brought it up on the pulp show today and it had me guessing who. He has mentioned before it had to be a tittle contender...
They brought it up on the pulp show today and it had me guessing who. He has mentioned before it had to be a tittle contender, I really hope its not kenny, I really like what hes doing and how is travelling with the. KTM so far. Squashing all the myths about the bike being shit.
On one of the shows last week, JT kept going on about how a Kawi team REALLY wants Roczen and that him going back to KTM is far from a done deal. For a guy who is accused of "waffling" on many topics, he sure seemed to want to make the Kawi point known.
Cashmore
2/4/2014 8:09am Edited Date/Time 2/4/2014 8:10am
They brought it up on the pulp show today and it had me guessing who. He has mentioned before it had to be a tittle contender...
What other big dogs stay in florida during the week? KRoc, Villo, and AC. Dean has been in cali and I highly doubt he flew out there during a busy testing week to test a PC 450. Reed spent all week in FL so it had to be KRoc

Post a reply to: Who was testing Chads bike last week?

The Latest