Who uses knee braces??

Titan1
7/26/2016 1:59pm
kripple428 wrote:
The fact that we are even having this discussion blows my mind and the fact that people are actually against wearing knee braces makes my head...
The fact that we are even having this discussion blows my mind and the fact that people are actually against wearing knee braces makes my head hurt. If you ride dirtbikes without kneee braces or atleast knee pads you are a moran. Might as well ditch the helmet too.
Like I said, I don't wear knee braces...but I do wear knee pads...First of all-and maybe I just have skinny legs-boots don't fit right without the pads...second of all, if kids riding skateboards around the local skate park wear knee pads to prevent road rash...why in the world a dirt bike rider not do the same-if only to prevent road rash-knowing they go about a hundred times faster than the skate boarders do?
Motofinne
12/5/2016 6:56am
21 years old, ACL torn 2 times and injury to the meniscus once.

I have been wearing Asterisk Ultra Cells but i find them very bulky to i'm trying new ones(what should i get?). Problem is that the right knee is quite a bit larger than my left one because of the 3 surgeries.

Although the Asterisk saved me twice this summer. I was standing up in a long sweeping right-hander and the suspension bottomed and the right peg and foot got caught in the big bump and almost threw me from the bike. It happened 2 times in the same moto, i had to retire the race after the second time i twister the knee.

Fortunately i just had to take a month of the bike and nothing was heavily damaged, the ligaments only stretched a bit.

12/5/2016 9:35am Edited Date/Time 12/5/2016 9:36am
tempura wrote:
I don't use them.
I've seen more femur breaks with them than knee breaks without them
Well shit. You should let everyone in the AMA know about this loll as well as every A class rider and B class rider and I bet most C class riders.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
997th
12/5/2016 9:55am
Had a bunch over the years, I have Pods right now,and i am pretty pumped on them.

The Shop

Motofinne
12/5/2016 9:58am
Had a bunch over the years, I have Pods right now,and i am pretty pumped on them.
Pod K4?

I'm leaning towards Pod K4 or the Mobius brace.

What else have you had through the years and can you compare the Pod brace to the other ones?
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
997th
12/5/2016 10:20am
Motofinne wrote:
Pod K4? I'm leaning towards Pod K4 or the Mobius brace. What else have you had through the years and can you compare the Pod brace...
Pod K4?

What else have you had through the years and can you compare the Pod brace to the other ones?
K300. Back in the day I had CTI EVS But i feel like these are every bit as good as the CTI knee braces i had, which many have said are the best.
Motofinne
12/5/2016 11:06am
Motofinne wrote:
Pod K4? I'm leaning towards Pod K4 or the Mobius brace. What else have you had through the years and can you compare the Pod brace...
Pod K4?

K300. Back in the day I had CTI EVS But i feel like these are every bit as good as the CTI knee braces i had...
K300. Back in the day I had CTI EVS But i feel like these are every bit as good as the CTI knee braces i had, which many have said are the best.
I just ordered the Pod K4, it's pretty much the updated version of the K300!

I'm sure that they will do their thing for me.
hubbardmx50
12/5/2016 11:16am
Mobius X8 braces with Leatt knee brace pant = Best setup ever. I ran Asterisk cells for years then the Ultra Cell and the mobius puts them to shame. It's all about what feels best for you personally though.
Skerby
12/5/2016 11:51am
Im 25, never had a knee injury, and I wore Asterisk Cell knee braces from 15 years old to 24. Started riding Downhill mtb a couple years ago and got my first pair of knee pads. I decided to try them out on the moto track one day, never wore the asterisk again. So much more mobility, I wear the full length Fox launch knee pad now and could not be happier, I think it improved my riding a good bit and now my mx pants hold up way better.
Highsider
12/5/2016 12:27pm
CTi since late eighties.
Won't ride without.
Motofinne
12/5/2016 12:38pm
Mobius X8 braces with Leatt knee brace pant = Best setup ever. I ran Asterisk cells for years then the Ultra Cell and the mobius puts...
Mobius X8 braces with Leatt knee brace pant = Best setup ever. I ran Asterisk cells for years then the Ultra Cell and the mobius puts them to shame. It's all about what feels best for you personally though.
The problem with me was that the Large Mobius brace fitted nice for my left and healthy knee just fine, but not at all my right knee(3 surgeries). I can't justify to buy one pair L and one pair XL.

Chaser503
12/5/2016 1:09pm
I run custom DonJoy Defiance III CF braces and hardly notice them, after the initial hour or so.

My problem is, the D-ring for the lower strap absolutely shreds my pants. The most wear occurs just below the leather in the knee. This has occurred with my last pairs of Fly Lite Hydrogen and MSR pants. Recommendations for bullet-proof pants? Id' give up some breath-ability for durability. Or another way to prevent braces from shredding pants?
Madmax31
Fantasy
83rd
12/5/2016 1:30pm
My knees were always sore before I started using knee braces. Do they prevent every injury...of course not. Have they helped me....HELL YES!

Currently using Mobius and love them. I've used several brands and the Mobius are the best fit for me.
ACBraap
Fantasy
564th
12/5/2016 4:13pm
Mobius X8 braces with Leatt knee brace pant = Best setup ever. I ran Asterisk cells for years then the Ultra Cell and the mobius puts...
Could you elaborate on what makes mobius better for you? I have Asterisk cells as well and would like to find something with a slimmer fit and less restrictive. The Asterisk ones barely fit in my boots and limit mobility on the bike more than I'd like. I'm narrowed it to Mobius vs Leatt for the next set.
hubbardmx50
1/20/2017 6:32pm
ACBraap wrote:
Could you elaborate on what makes mobius better for you? I have Asterisk cells as well and would like to find something with a slimmer fit...
Could you elaborate on what makes mobius better for you? I have Asterisk cells as well and would like to find something with a slimmer fit and less restrictive. The Asterisk ones barely fit in my boots and limit mobility on the bike more than I'd like. I'm narrowed it to Mobius vs Leatt for the next set.
Durability, comfort and the way they feel while doing a moto. They feel decent while trying them on but once I actually rode with them I was immediately impressed. They don't move around or come loose and slip down on your leg, and if you need to adjust them you can do so without even taking your riding pants off. They also fit into your boot better than any brace I have seen so that's a huge plus. Sorry for the late reply I forgot my stinking password!
kxfracer108
1/20/2017 7:11pm
I have the EVS Axis Pros. I went to many dealer and tried on every knee brace they offered. I didn't look at the price tag before trying them on, just so I would base it 100% on comfort. I didn't like the way most of them felt, but then I found a salesman who knew his knee braces, and he had me try on some knee brace socks and the EVS braces. I got on a bike in the showroom and moved like I would while riding and these instantly felt perfect. It took me one lap during a hare scramble to get used to them, and now I will not ride without them.

I never tried the asteriks, as the only dealer who sold them wouldn't order them with a non refundable deposit. Leatt and Mobius weren't out at this time either, so I never tried those on.

But my number one recommendation is TRY ON AS MANY KNEE BRACES AS POSSIBLE, and don't let a salesman talk you into their brand or favorite product. You will know the right one when you put it on.

Rob
1/20/2017 7:35pm
Have had 4 knee surgeries since 1980...
Soft tissue injuries suck... especially when you get older you start having things like osteoarthritis in your knees because you've had acl's replaced Etc. I've worn knee braces as long as they've been available currently rocking Mobius... they're the most comfortable I've had by far.
mxjon454
1/20/2017 8:51pm
tempura wrote:
I don't use them.
I've seen more femur breaks with them than knee breaks without them
c0ncEpT wrote:
I rather break a bone 10 times outta 10 than blow out an ACL.

I wear Mobius X8's
How are the mobius braces? I have a pair of asterisks and theyre kind of bulky, but i never ride without them. I was checking out a pair of the mobius at the local shop and they look pretty badass and feel super light!
1/21/2017 5:02am
r.sal923 wrote:
I have a question . "How many people do not use knee braces" . That kinda seams to me like standard equipment
Me, I have a set of POD knee braces but I can't grip the bike properly with them, I tried for a few months but felt like I was putting myself at more risk by not being able to hold on. I am tempted to try the cti knee braces if they fit better because I do like to have as much protection on as I can while riding, I'm just nervous of spending another several hundred pounds on another set of knee braces that I still won't feel comfortable with.
Forty
1/21/2017 7:25am
Ehm24 wrote:
I wear these knee pads with a yellow shop towel stuffed inside for a little bit more padding between my knee and the bike... lol [img]https://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/images/m/mrNHvv8fubZtPca4AVeaHcA/s-l225.jpg[/img]
I wear these knee pads with a yellow shop towel stuffed inside for a little bit more padding between my knee and the bike... lol
Nice! Why yellow?
1/21/2017 7:31am Edited Date/Time 1/21/2017 12:57pm
Wearing cti braces saved my soft tissue when i had a Tibia Plateau injurt at pala last year.
Back at it with no problems, the 6 month recovery process was insane though.
Might have UCI take my screws back out soon.
Injury was in 12/11/15
Started walking by 6/11/16
Back riding this year.
I was really persistent with my family physician and got the braces due the motos creating knee soreness. Sent me to a prosthetics guy.

ricko
1/21/2017 5:50pm
I've been wearing asterisk since 03 and they have been great, mine were shot, they were in lingo with business I ordered some möbius but they are too big for me. They feel bulkier than my asterisk in my opinion but very well made. I have a pair of large möbius new for sale if anyone is interested. Only tried them on. Never rode with them. I really want cti but with no prior knee injury I'm not sure how to go about getting them. Contacted cti and they were no help at all.
tempura
1/21/2017 6:28pm
As you can see, previously in the thread, I wrote about not wearing them after seeing femur breaks.
I bought a set of K4's late last year out of curiosity, as I do suffer from aches in my knees from being in martial arts a long time.
The braces have helped post ride aches a lot.
MHR401
1/26/2017 6:57am
Knee braces are well worth the money.....I never consider riding without them.

Post a reply to: Who uses knee braces??

The Latest