Who specs the Husqvana / Husaberg bikes?

I've always noticed in shootouts, going back to when KTM started cloning KTM's as Husaberg's, that the Husa'a always seem to come with better or more compliant spec'ing of their bikes and it's always made me wonder who is coming up with the magic?
I've always envisaged old silver haired Swedish engineers with a back ground in MX and off road. I'm sure they like chainsaws too.
|
RichieW13
Fantasy
2916th
12/7/2018 3:53pm
What do you mean by "more compliant spec'ing"?
ML512
Fantasy
54th
12/7/2018 4:29pm
I've always noticed in shootouts, going back to when KTM started cloning KTM's as Husaberg's, that the Husa'a always seem to come with better or more...
I've always noticed in shootouts, going back to when KTM started cloning KTM's as Husaberg's, that the Husa'a always seem to come with better or more compliant spec'ing of their bikes and it's always made me wonder who is coming up with the magic?
I've always envisaged old silver haired Swedish engineers with a back ground in MX and off road. I'm sure they like chainsaws too.
On a lot of their models, the suspension settings are the same as the KTM, it's the difference in flex created by the subframe...it flexes more.

The more mellow engines on the Husky, due to the airbox and muffler, doesn't upset the bike as much either.
Monk
12/7/2018 5:33pm
I've always noticed in shootouts, going back to when KTM started cloning KTM's as Husaberg's, that the Husa'a always seem to come with better or more...
ML512 wrote:
On a lot of their models, the suspension settings are the same as the KTM, it's the difference in flex created by the subframe...it flexes more...
On a lot of their models, the suspension settings are the same as the KTM, it's the difference in flex created by the subframe...it flexes more.

The more mellow engines on the Husky, due to the airbox and muffler, doesn't upset the bike as much either.
Got to agree with you... I put my dialed suspension from my KTM onto my new Husky and it feels 25% better... Whatever Husky is doing definitely feels right...
12/7/2018 6:57pm
RichieW13 wrote:
What do you mean by "more compliant spec'ing"?
The suspension and handling works better, follows the ground better, doesn't buck, and doesn't have to be wrestled around the track, due to settings or specs (specifications) chosen by the design team.

The Shop

12/7/2018 7:05pm
ML512 wrote:
On a lot of their models, the suspension settings are the same as the KTM, it's the difference in flex created by the subframe...it flexes more...

I can't speak for these models but I know a few years ago they were different between the two as I had access to the WP spec sheets. I've read it before in shoot outs also where the writer's have written about the difference in handling because of different specs between the two.
I've never seen any names for the people who test and development these settings or about the person or team that chooses which setting to go with but thought some on here might ?
jeffro503
12/7/2018 8:58pm
I had thought that KTM and Husky both had their own engine and suspension spec's? Mostly the same , but slight differences?
12/8/2018 2:08am
jeffro503 wrote:
I had thought that KTM and Husky both had their own engine and suspension spec's? Mostly the same , but slight differences?
That's how I believe it to be, and determined by the engineers etc that set up Husaberg after Husqvana went to the Italians.
HenryA
12/8/2018 2:24am
Who told you about the silver haired swedes? Shocked
ML512
Fantasy
54th
12/8/2018 3:19pm
jeffro503 wrote:
That's how I believe it to be, and determined by the engineers etc that set up Husaberg after Husqvana went to the Italians.
Not quite. The suspension spec for the KTM is a US spec and the Husky is a World Spec. It means the KTM only uses this spec here by Husky uses that "US" spec in all markets. What you buy in the US is the same on either for suspension. The changes are the bodywork, swingarm, subframe, seat, and exhaust (the Husky has an extra screen in their can). Also, they have different handlebar suppliers and rim suppliers.

Post a reply to: Who specs the Husqvana / Husaberg bikes?

The Latest