Current rides-
1988 RM250
2019 KX450

8/19/2019 6:53 AM

JB10 is rumored.

|

Mantis Toboggan, M.D

8/19/2019 7:26 AM

I dont think JB10 is a good enough fit...
He's good at MCR But HRC i dont think he's fast enough.
I think Mookie has more room to grow and raw speed, even Reed could get more podiums with a good year of training and fitness in.

|

8/19/2019 7:41 AM

Brayton for sx, then sexton for outdoors.

|

8/19/2019 9:12 AM

mxb2 wrote:

Bumping sexton? Wouldn't he stay 250s for atleast another year?

|

8/19/2019 9:14 AM

mxb2 wrote:

Tomita or Craig for outdoors

|

8/19/2019 9:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/19/2019 9:19 AM

Mace-x wrote:

I dont think JB10 is a good enough fit...
He's good at MCR But HRC i dont think he's fast enough.
I think Mookie has more room to grow and raw speed, even Reed could get more podiums with a good year of training and fitness in.

You do understand that it's basically half year deal right. Noren would be great if it was outdoors. So who has been on honda and kills it for SX??? Who has the summer off and prepares to be on it at A1 with preseason overseas races? Yep Brayton. Stamp it.

Mookie will stay MCR because of the Sexton 450 push for 2021. Mookie going to surprise that ass this season. Watch.

|

8/19/2019 9:31 AM

Malcolm would be awesome at Factory Honda but I think it'll be Brayton. He had some great rides there. It'll be interesting to see how he does there again.

|

8/19/2019 9:35 AM

Like me some Mookie in SX, He was looking good early on before he got hurt.

|

8/19/2019 9:47 AM

mxb2 wrote:

Nt141 wrote:

As far as i know sexton getting groomed for hrc. 2020 outdoors hrc 450.

|

8/19/2019 9:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/19/2019 10:10 AM

Covington or Josh Hill would be my guess.

...just jk

|

8/19/2019 10:54 AM

mxb2 wrote:

early wrote:

Short and Cunningham might be a better pick for the outdoors.

|

8/19/2019 11:32 AM

what about Savatgy?

|

8/19/2019 11:42 AM

I miss the days of 4 and 5 man teams. Watching the 1990 Daytona SX, Honda had Stanton, Bayle, and Keidrowski on the podium. They also had Rick Johnson and Eric Kehoe on the team.

Kawasaki had Jeff Ward, Jeff Matiasevich, Johnny O'Mara, and Mike Fisher.

Suzuki had Ron Tichenor, Larry Ward, Guy Cooper, Steve Lamson, and Mike Larocco.

Yamaha was the smallest team with Damon Bradshaw and Doug Dubach.

Granted, several of those guys were 125 outdoor guys riding up for SX, but still... if we could just get 3 man teams instead of 2, you'd open up several additional slots.

|

8/19/2019 11:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/19/2019 11:46 AM

ga_pike wrote:

I miss the days of 4 and 5 man teams. Watching the 1990 Daytona SX, Honda had Stanton, Bayle, and Keidrowski on the podium. They also had Rick Johnson and Eric Kehoe on the team.

Suzuki had Ron Tichenor, Larry Ward, Guy Cooper, Steve Lamson, and Mike Larocco.

Granted, several of those guys were 125 outdoor guys riding up for SX, but still... if we could just get 3 man teams instead of 2, you'd open up several additional slots.

I've said it a bunch of times. Teams should be 3 man for 250s and 450s, and make the 250sx series national. Each factory is (trying to) field 6 total riders anyway.

|

8/19/2019 12:20 PM

Gajser, if you are reading this, it's about time to make yourself a legend!

|

8/19/2019 1:16 PM

thepelican wrote:

He would be Stephen Hawking by round two

|

A 350 is always the solution.
My favorite time of year is when the biblical rains come to Southern California

8/19/2019 1:21 PM

thepelican wrote:

Lol. Stay away from sx.

|

8/19/2019 1:21 PM

mxb2 wrote:

early wrote:

Only reason Craig has a ride is he married the bosses daughter and now he deserves a HRC ride? Hell no

|

8/19/2019 1:22 PM

early wrote:

I've said it a bunch of times. Teams should be 3 man for 250s and 450s, and make the 250sx series national. Each factory is (trying to) field 6 total riders anyway.

I assume that the 125 series was originally set up as a regional series to cut costs for privateers to compete in a local region.

But why has the east/west SX split continued? SX is more popular than MX, but isn't it backwards that the 250 SX series only has half the guys racing each week? It seems weird for the factory teams, as well. They have to find 4+ riders, with half of them racing the SX series each week, but all 4 racing every round of the MX series.

Is there any reason this hasn't changed, other than "it's always been that way"?

|

8/19/2019 1:41 PM

mxb2 wrote:

early wrote:

Chris_Buehler wrote:

Only reason Craig has a ride is he married the bosses daughter and now he deserves a HRC ride? Hell no

Pretty respectable 450mx results in the recent past (before getting hurt) as a #2 Rider on a team

|

8/19/2019 9:47 PM

I'd say Noren for JGR (with help for SX) and Brayton sx and Sexton outdoors, but not moving full time till 2021. Running that #1 250 east plate is good business, especially with a 2021 deal in your pocket.

|

8/19/2019 10:51 PM

mxb2 wrote:

Nt141 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

As far as i know sexton getting groomed for hrc. 2020 outdoors hrc 450.

He’s over being under powered in the 250 class. Wouldn’t surprise me if he wanted to and he does have the technique to translate well

|

8/19/2019 11:33 PM

Jeremy van horebek

|

RV, 4 th to 8 th, mxgp

8/19/2019 11:43 PM

- Mookie is ruled out of this topic. He signed with smart top Honda not long ago.
- I believe Savatgy is locked for JGR.
- Braytons program is pretty secure where he is at and lets him do off season rounds around the world. I cant see Factory Honda allowing him to travel around and do the events he wants to do.
- Sexton is locked down for another year in the 250's.

Who ever takes the 1 year Honda deal is just a seat warmer for the season...
- Maybe Davalos could be on the cards?
- Justin Hill as a last shot to prove himself?
- Depending on the suspension, possibly Craig?
- What about Tickle? he will be back and looking for a spot to find the groove of things.

|

8/19/2019 11:51 PM

As pointed out many times, and has been rumored among knowledgable people, Brayton for SX while Sexton defends his title in the 250s and then Sexton moves up to the 450 ride for outdoors makes the most sense.

Honda really wants to keep Sexton for a 2021 450 ride and they cant find a suitable rider for a 1-year deal, so this is what they´ll do.

|

8/20/2019 12:16 AM

ga_pike wrote:

As much as I'd love to see the big teams again, it'll never happen because salaries have gotten so much bigger. Hell, I'd bet that if you combined the salaries of all 5 of the 1990 HRC guys, it would be less/equal to what 2019 HRC is paying Kenny alone.

|

8/20/2019 7:48 AM

I'd like to see davalos given the seat, hes always wanted the 450 ride and would really prove himself

|

8/20/2019 10:26 AM

I'd like to see Honda quit messing around, pull out the checkbook and get a couple of contenders instead of relying solely on Roczen while trying to develop someone barely on the cusp. I think of the days when RJ and Bailey were teammates, or Stanton and Bayle, Larocco and Kiedrowski on Kawi, even Marv and Dunge on KTM. Either rider was capable of winning on a given day.

I'm not convinced that the strategy of developing one rider, while putting all your eggs in the premier guy's basket, is a reliable one. Granted, it worked with RC and seems to be working with Tomac. But generally speaking, I feel like by the time you step up to a factory spot in the premier class, you need to be a contender. You need to make your teammate nervous. Tomac is not nervous about Savatgy, Roczen wasn't nervous about Seely, Barcia isn't nervous about Plessinger.

Meanwhile, Marv's gotta worry about Webb, JA's gotta worry about Zacho...etc.

I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud. I don't actually know anything. #speculation

|

8/20/2019 10:33 AM

mx_563 wrote:

I'd like to see Honda quit messing around, pull out the checkbook and get a couple of contenders instead of relying solely on Roczen while trying to develop someone barely on the cusp. I think of the days when RJ and Bailey were teammates, or Stanton and Bayle, Larocco and Kiedrowski on Kawi, even Marv and Dunge on KTM. Either rider was capable of winning on a given day.

I'm not convinced that the strategy of developing one rider, while putting all your eggs in the premier guy's basket, is a reliable one. Granted, it worked with RC and seems to be working with Tomac. But generally speaking, I feel like by the time you step up to a factory spot in the premier class, you need to be a contender. You need to make your teammate nervous. Tomac is not nervous about Savatgy, Roczen wasn't nervous about Seely, Barcia isn't nervous about Plessinger.

Meanwhile, Marv's gotta worry about Webb, JA's gotta worry about Zacho...etc.

I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud. I don't actually know anything. #speculation

Who could they have opened the checkbook for that could win a championship? Cianciarulo? Would Cianciarulo have ever talked to Honda, or would he have only talked to Kawasaki? (I'm not sure how these kind of negotiations work.)

|