Who remembers a kid called Jason Partridge?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/22/2012 10:48 AM

Way, way, wayyy back in 1993 I was doing work experience at my local Honda dealer and I picked up a copy of Motocross Illustrated (I think that is what it was called, glossy with tons of decent photos).

Well in this copy, they did a profile on a lanky kid called Jason Partridge. He rode for Team Green Kawasaki.

What I want to know is, how good was he as an amateur and did he make it as a Pro?

Please forgive me if I have the magazine name wrong and even the name of the rider.

|

11/22/2012 10:53 AM

Jason "could have been" one of the best ever. If I remember right he had beaten RC quite a few times in the AM's and was pretty dominant. I don't know much about him except from what I have read......but his career was cut short from a bad wreck screwing his leg up. He was definitely on track to become one of the greatest ever in this sport.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

11/22/2012 10:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/22/2012 11:09 AM

Jason was good. Real good. On the road to the greatest ever? That's a pretty tall order right there. He had a successful amateur career but I think his transition into the pros was hampered first by a back injury suffered at Ponca. I just remember he had to coolest style, and was always looking on point with his FOX gear.

Just took look at the racer X LL's vault. He had two titles that spanned over a few years and 4 other top 5's. He always seemed to be a front runner.

|

"I think you're pretty slow, everyone else on here knew that for years."

11/22/2012 10:58 AM

I seen Jason like last year i was out at Bunker Hill motocross track and he was out there turning some laps, he was faster than anyone out there, I'm pretty sure last time I seen him he was riding a kawi, but he's still damn fast

|

11/22/2012 11:01 AM

Json was the oldest of the partridge brothers........Kyle and Jared to follow. I was at ponca city in 95 and Jason was one of the top A riders at the time who already had some good finishes in west sx at that point. From what I remember hearing..(I left early with an injury) he had a accident there that gave him partial paralysis in one of his legs. He came back to race in the next couple years but he was never quite the same. A few years ago he raced an industry class at the dodge national while working for fmf I think........dude can still get dirty on a dirt bike!

|

Did i do that?

11/22/2012 11:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/22/2012 11:26 AM

Thanks for the replies. I know I'm asking for a lot but has anyone got any pictures from that magazine?

|

11/22/2012 11:18 AM

I was watching a 2005 sx last night, and there was a partridge on the ticker, which one was that? Kyle?

|

11/22/2012 11:25 AM

smoker wrote:

I was watching a 2005 sx last night, and there was a partridge on the ticker, which one was that? Kyle?

It would have been Kyle

|

11/22/2012 1:48 PM

Wasn't he featured in one of the "children of a metal god movies" after his crash , they talked about him riding with limited movement on one side of his body.

|

11/22/2012 1:58 PM

yeah he was in the first children of a metal god vid for sure

|

11/22/2012 4:05 PM

He used to race the Loretta qualifier in Utah each year in the early 90's . Bar far the fastest guy there . I know Pingree was also there 1 year and I believe Partridge beat him . 3 or 4 years later he had his hair dyed like the dixie flag and was jumping a 130' double at Godfrey trucking (about the Children of a metal god time) I heard he had some paralysis in one leg and could not race again . Definitely the fastest racer i ever saw in the amateur ranks (at that time).

|

11/22/2012 4:06 PM

style for miles and always had serious eye candy in tow

|

11/22/2012 6:11 PM

Great amateur rider and I think he is a member here and posts from time to time. And for some strange reason, I cannot hear his name without also thinking of Joel Albrecht. Weird.

|

11/22/2012 6:17 PM

He and Kyle used to come to the St George winter races in Utah and he would always wax the Utah fastest.

I remember one year there was a rhythm of 3 super peaked doubles and he was quadding into it and launching to the berm about 40 feet after the last landing. Super gnar and super sketchy but he hucked it clean every time.

Super tall lanky and smooth style

|

11/22/2012 6:22 PM

One of em posts here.

|

11/22/2012 6:22 PM

Think I remember him at the RM cup in Vegas one year in the late 90's battling with pastrana. Not sure if he beat him or not.

|

www.cheaptearoffs.com

Like us on facebook for weekly sx contests with prizes, discounts, and updates

Cheaptearoffs.com Facebook page

11/23/2012 1:31 AM

One of the top Intermediates racing for Team Green when Int class was really stacked back in '93/'94. Had Jason, Willoh, Nelson, Perolio on TG; Preston, Wheeler, Schnell....west coast was really stacked and usually one of the TG riders would win.

Remember a Reno AX there was an after party Holley set up for Pros and their crews/friends like '98, '99. Jason might remember that one and his part in it.... smile

|

12/31/2015 2:28 PM

Back in the day, early 90s I think it was, the partridges would come up to st. George from Vegas. Jason was on an 80 at the time, fully team green sponsored and cocky as hell, but fun as hell to watch. He'd race in the 125 pro class at this little arena and smoke the 125 pros! He always had new goggles with a tag hanging off, etc. I'm pretty sure he was one of the top 80 riders in the country at the time. I remember he sometime later hurt his leg or back and never seemed quite the same after. Kyle was racing 60s at the time and was a fast little guy. Carey Hart also used to come up and race from Vegas as well. Cool dude who always told some funny stories! Lol

|

12/31/2015 2:33 PM

andymoto wrote:

One of the top Intermediates racing for Team Green when Int class was really stacked back in '93/'94. Had Jason, Willoh, Nelson, Perolio on TG; Preston, Wheeler, Schnell....west coast was really stacked and usually one of the TG riders would win.

Remember a Reno AX there was an after party Holley set up for Pros and their crews/friends like '98, '99. Jason might remember that one and his part in it.... smile

There's always a story about a Holley party!

|

12/31/2015 2:34 PM

Can believe I started this thread 3 years ago!!

|

12/31/2015 2:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/31/2015 2:43 PM

I remember at the world mini in Vegas, late 80's....I think 89, Jason yarded the pee wee 50 class (I was a couple years older, on 60 & 80's, so I never raced Jason), and someone protested him because they said there's no way he could beat everyone that bad on a stock 50, they ripped apart his bike and found nothing modified or illegal...his dad was laughing at the whole thing because he knew they wouldn't find anything, then he was a little pissed because they gave him back the bike in pieces and said, here you go we didn't find anything, you're good.

|

12/31/2015 2:59 PM

MR. X wrote:

Wasn't he featured in one of the "children of a metal god movies" after his crash , they talked about him riding with limited movement on one side of his body.

Yeah I remember that, couldn't place the movie name though

|

12/31/2015 3:09 PM

Sully22 wrote:

I remember at the world mini in Vegas, late 80's....I think 89, Jason yarded the pee wee 50 class (I was a couple years older, on 60 & 80's, so I never raced Jason), and someone protested him because they said there's no way he could beat everyone that bad on a stock 50, they ripped apart his bike and found nothing modified or illegal...his dad was laughing at the whole thing because he knew they wouldn't find anything, then he was a little pissed because they gave him back the bike in pieces and said, here you go we didn't find anything, you're good.

If it was that late in the 80s, I'm thinking it was probably Kyle. Jason was born in 78 and was a little big for 50s by the time 89 rolled around. Kyle was born in 86, and started riding when he was 3.

|

Turning dreams into realities one day at a time.

12/31/2015 5:23 PM

It was '98 or '99...I was at a race in Cedar City, UT and Though my memory is a little fuzzy, one of the Partridge's (I thought it was Jason) was racing a Suzuki in what I recall being the intermediate class (it very well could have been the pro class though)...and he scrubbed the triple like I've never seen (scrubbing was still new back then), flat railed a 180 right hander and then laid that bike completely flat (he scrubbed it off a bump about half way up the face) over the big finish line table...he was completely flat and only about 3 feet above the deck the entire way over the top of that jump.

To this day probably the craziest thing I've ever seen in my life.

That day I saw what real talent was.

|

12/31/2015 5:41 PM

I remember in 02 or 03 we were in Cedar City for a Lorettas qualifier.

LSS there was a table top right after the finish, and then probably 50 feet later there was another 50 foot double

Anyways practice was over and the flagger was standing on the lip of the table pointing people away, and then all the sudden you just hear a 250 start screaming heading for the lip, and sure as shit he links the table to the double....

To this day probably the gnarliest jump I've seen in person. Everyone, including the flagger, just stared in awe while Jason rode back to the pits like it was nothing.

Good memories

|

shit'll buff out

1/1/2016 12:58 AM

Speaking of the Partridge's, anybody see the latest Spectrum vid on Vimeo? Dang.

|

1/1/2016 7:29 AM

I used to race Jared Partridge around the Vegas area. I never got to see Jason ride, but I do remember Kyle at a track doubling two tables. As I was jumping the tables like any sane person would I hear a bike absolutely pinned behind me, scared the shit out of me, then I look up as I was clearing my one table and Kyle is totally flat about ten feet above me clearing the next table too. I didn't even know it was possible until that moment. I almost crashed from shock. He was always fun to watch. I think the track was called Sandy Mx, or something like that near the border of CA.

|

1/1/2016 9:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/1/2016 9:06 AM

tvo314 wrote:

I used to race Jared Partridge around the Vegas area. I never got to see Jason ride, but I do remember Kyle at a track doubling two tables. As I was jumping the tables like any sane person would I hear a bike absolutely pinned behind me, scared the shit out of me, then I look up as I was clearing my one table and Kyle is totally flat about ten feet above me clearing the next table too. I didn't even know it was possible until that moment. I almost crashed from shock. He was always fun to watch. I think the track was called Sandy Mx, or something like that near the border of CA.

Yeah it was at sandy valley mx. I watched him come from the parking lot pinned and huck that same jump. Gnarly for sure

|

1/3/2016 5:37 PM

mx_563 wrote:

Speaking of the Partridge's, anybody see the latest Spectrum vid on Vimeo? Dang.

I just watched it today. Pretty freaking unreal. He seems like a good guy, as a parent myself I can't even wrap my head around what was going on with them. Good to see that his priority with his own son are in the right place.

The part about him bringing Sycuan to H & H..... that was a raw effing deal. I know there are two sides to every story, but come on!

|

1/3/2016 8:19 PM

One of my best career rivals! Gifted rider from a very early age. Kyle rode very much like him.

|