Who knows what about PC crankshafts?

Edited Date/Time 5/13/2020 6:03am
I bought a blown KX250F. I believe to be a 2015.
Always with a view to parting it out, but when I was looking it over, it had a bit of a ‘feel’ to it.
On the underside of the seat, it had some writing- the weight of the seat, and a date- I looked at the date and it coincided with a SX round. There was some other writing but I can’t remember what it was, I’ve since sold the seat.

The plastics have the graphics trimmed away, so that only the essential part of the graphic remains- the monster logo is ‘cut out’ so are the race numbers- No.37- Savatgy??

Anyway today I stripped the motor and found this crank. Does anyone recognise as this is what PC do to their bikes? You can see it has been cut, ground and polished.
I must add there’s nothing else ‘special’ about this bike. No flash suspension, wheels, clamps- it’s all stock stuff. The head doesn’t look much from stock either.

Is there anybody in the know about what PC do with their crankshafts?
What do you think?
|
5/13/2020 3:19am
GODZILLA wrote:
Looks just like a basic Hotrods crank to me. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/05/12/426726/s1200_vilebrequin_wiseco_kxf_250.jpg[/img]
Looks just like a basic Hotrods crank to me.

Thats interesting. Ive never seen one from this model of bike before, I know the 2017 one ISN'T like this.

But the one I've got you can see has definitely been 'worked'. It doesn't have that poem finish on it like they always have.
rob162
5/13/2020 6:00am Edited Date/Time 5/13/2020 6:02am
Need more pics but it looks like what I do when rebuilding a crank it just looks like it was polished on a lathe with red scotch bright and had the the machined lip on the top and bottom wet sanded and then lathe polished
rob162
5/13/2020 6:03am
Basically it looks like a rebuilt crank.

Post a reply to: Who knows what about PC crankshafts?

The Latest