Who is this rider?

JACK_Schit
Edited Date/Time 9/11/2013 3:28am
|
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/9/2013 10:20am
I didn't check the name, but will guess Hannah.

Back when I rode for SE Racing and was at an event in Houston the day after a Supercross, he borrowed my PK Ripper for a demo race.

The Shop

newmann
9/9/2013 10:56am
GuyB wrote:
I didn't check the name, but will guess Hannah. Back when I rode for SE Racing and was at an event in Houston the day after...

Back when I rode for SE Racing and was at an event in Houston the day after a Supercross, he borrowed my PK Ripper for a demo race.
1981 Mongoose GNC National. I have a photo of him that day getting schooled by a then seven(I think) year old Jason Jensen. I sucked in the 15 novice, my buddy crashed his brains out showing off while winning the 16 novice, and Steve Haynes was spinning 36/16 gearing like a freaking madman on the Rebel winning the 16 Expert. Greg Hill won the pro class and Bob Haro, Mike Buff and RL Osborne were there as the BMX Action trick team. Good times.....
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/9/2013 11:02am
GuyB wrote:
I didn't check the name, but will guess Hannah. Back when I rode for SE Racing and was at an event in Houston the day after...

newmann wrote:
1981 Mongoose GNC National. I have a photo of him that day getting schooled by a then seven(I think) year old Jason Jensen. I sucked in...
1981 Mongoose GNC National. I have a photo of him that day getting schooled by a then seven(I think) year old Jason Jensen. I sucked in the 15 novice, my buddy crashed his brains out showing off while winning the 16 novice, and Steve Haynes was spinning 36/16 gearing like a freaking madman on the Rebel winning the 16 Expert. Greg Hill won the pro class and Bob Haro, Mike Buff and RL Osborne were there as the BMX Action trick team. Good times.....
That'd be the one. I drove there with R.L. and Buff, and was working for BMXA at the time.
newmann
9/9/2013 11:05am
GuyB wrote:

newmann wrote:
1981 Mongoose GNC National. I have a photo of him that day getting schooled by a then seven(I think) year old Jason Jensen. I sucked in...
GuyB wrote:
That'd be the one. I drove there with R.L. and Buff, and was working for BMXA at the time.
You ever see anyone else spin a 36/16 setup? That was crazy talk but he could pull it off like it was nothing.
JACK_Schit
9/9/2013 11:09am
GuyB wrote:

newmann wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Can you post the photo? would be awesome!
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/9/2013 11:48am
Sorry, no pics.
dboivin
9/9/2013 11:52am
theres some names i haven't heard in a long time. R.L. was an idol for me when i was on the bmx/freestyle scene.
35smom
9/9/2013 12:21pm
GuyB wrote:

We have a PK Ripper in the basement. Was from when my ex-brother-in law raced BMX in the early 80's. Bulky bike, but was the shit back then!
newmann
9/9/2013 1:06pm
newmann wrote:
GuyB wrote:
JACK_Schit wrote:
Will have to scan it. And you fuggers have to promise not to laugh at my 110 cartridge photo skills.Laughing
9/9/2013 1:10pm
GuyB wrote:
JACK_Schit wrote:
newmann wrote:
Will have to scan it. And you fuggers have to promise not to laugh at my 110 cartridge photo skills.Laughing
y...we laugh at evry ding elze.....Silly
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/9/2013 4:05pm
You know, I've had that DVD for two or three years now, and I 'spose I should watch it one of these days. The funny part is, I pretty much lived it. Raced around most of the top guys of that era, worked at BMXA (and used to be roommates with R.L.), and rode for Scot Breithaupt. Smile
9/9/2013 5:20pm
newmann wrote:
You ever see anyone else spin a 36/16 setup? That was crazy talk but he could pull it off like it was nothing.
My first BMX race in 76 , I rode an old Trail Mate frame with Motomags, wore a Bell Star 120, and pumped 40/20 gearing to a win in 12 novice, 58 riders entered the class.

I think my bike weighed 40 pounds, helmet 20, so the gear was the only way to get things rolling.

Most fun I ever had in BMX was spending a month in California in 77. Checked my Mongoose on the plane as luggage, and as soon as we landed in LAX at about 2:00 am , we headed straight to Corona for the Big Mama. Also hit Western Sports O-rama, Santa Ana, La Mirada, and one or two more I can't recall the names of.

My nephew has been hitting a few races lately.

JACK_Schit
9/9/2013 6:15pm
My first BMX race in 76 , I rode an old Trail Mate frame with Motomags, wore a Bell Star 120, and pumped 40/20 gearing to...
My first BMX race in 76 , I rode an old Trail Mate frame with Motomags, wore a Bell Star 120, and pumped 40/20 gearing to a win in 12 novice, 58 riders entered the class.

I think my bike weighed 40 pounds, helmet 20, so the gear was the only way to get things rolling.

Most fun I ever had in BMX was spending a month in California in 77. Checked my Mongoose on the plane as luggage, and as soon as we landed in LAX at about 2:00 am , we headed straight to Corona for the Big Mama. Also hit Western Sports O-rama, Santa Ana, La Mirada, and one or two more I can't recall the names of.

My nephew has been hitting a few races lately.

Here ya go @project racer

9/9/2013 7:17pm
That Intense mini is nice!
I'm currently chasing a good used micro mini to get my boy racing if any of you guys know of any going? Very thin on the ground and seem to be spoken for before being advertised for sale. Has to be micro. Cause he is. we spent the weekend going around the shops and BMX tracks checking it all out and got him out there on the tracks for the first time on his balance bike. He had a ball and I nearly keeled over chasing him round. He ended up going up to the start by himself and taking off from the gates but waded up pretty big from death wobbles before the first jump. Got back up and kept going though.
9/10/2013 3:01am
That Intense mini is nice! I'm currently chasing a good used micro mini to get my boy racing if any of you guys know of any...
That Intense mini is nice!
I'm currently chasing a good used micro mini to get my boy racing if any of you guys know of any going? Very thin on the ground and seem to be spoken for before being advertised for sale. Has to be micro. Cause he is. we spent the weekend going around the shops and BMX tracks checking it all out and got him out there on the tracks for the first time on his balance bike. He had a ball and I nearly keeled over chasing him round. He ended up going up to the start by himself and taking off from the gates but waded up pretty big from death wobbles before the first jump. Got back up and kept going though.
I sold this micro a few months back for $175. I used 20's on it ,though , as the 18's were going for more than I had in the bike.

Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1666th
9/10/2013 4:12am
I still moto on the big bikes for big kids..

Dual Slalom / 4X racing..

TX24
9/10/2013 4:28am
A friend I ride with first came here from Oz to race bmx years ago. He told us how unbelievable it was going to What A Burger the fist time.
dl117
Fantasy
2587th
9/10/2013 4:52am

here is my boys mini.....hangs in his room now, he won state title on it last season. (decals were changed out to Rockstar/Staats custom one I had made, he did not like flowers...lol)

my daughters first bike i built her, that frame hangs in here room now.

this is from a few weeks ago

and I still try it out once in a while.
newmann
9/10/2013 6:02am
Hannah getting schooled by the midgets. I spy Brent Patterson, "OM" Breithaupt, Harry Leary looking on.

Texan fast guy Steve Haynes on the Rebel Racing ride. 36/16 gearing, like a boss.Laughing Dude could spin.

Buff and RL. Haro was there too.

The classic ...

The legend and the big hair hoodlums.

newmann
9/10/2013 8:39am
Anyone got the pic of Hannah in the DG BMX catalog?
JACK_Schit
9/10/2013 2:43pm
newmann wrote:
Hannah getting schooled by the midgets. I spy Brent Patterson, "OM" Breithaupt, Harry Leary looking on. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2013/09/10/31428/s1200_1981_GNC_Mongoose_001.jpg[/img] Texan fast guy Steve Haynes on the Rebel Racing...
Hannah getting schooled by the midgets. I spy Brent Patterson, "OM" Breithaupt, Harry Leary looking on.

Texan fast guy Steve Haynes on the Rebel Racing ride. 36/16 gearing, like a boss.Laughing Dude could spin.

Buff and RL. Haro was there too.

The classic ...

The legend and the big hair hoodlums.

newmann!!!!!! thats killer thanks for posting.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/10/2013 5:29pm
Ha, that's awesome. Smile

Post a reply to: Who is this rider?

The Latest