Who is the best rider ever?

RCB33
Fantasy
118th
Edited Date/Time 12/1/2015 9:26pm
My question to you guys is,who is the baddest dude on a dirtbike. I'm not saying just supercross or moto or enduro or GNCC. I'm saying the most talented rider out there at everything on a dirtbike. I am tempted to say TP199 since he has competed at the top level in freestyle and moto. Ryan sipes comes to mind as well. So does Mike Brown or Cody Webb. I know I am missing some very talented dudes...so who is the GOAT of all things racing?
|
RG1
11/29/2015 1:24pm
Jeffrey Herlings

The Shop

ML512
Fantasy
45th
11/29/2015 1:33pm
Kurt Caselli.
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
11/29/2015 1:39pm
Travis Pastrana, Colton Hakkar, Kurt Caselli. I know I'm forgetting a few other contenders
RCB33
Fantasy
118th
11/29/2015 2:02pm
Caselli would be a good option...I know Rookstol(sp) did a GNCC,Daytona SX,and and endurocross over the course of a weekend,that's gotta count for something as well.
11/29/2015 2:07pm
To figure the best of the best... you have to determine which discipline takes the most talent.. ie supercross.. motocross.. enduro.. harescrambles... desert... freestyle.
I think most would regard motocross as being number one with supercross rite there with it.. After all they are the most extreme and pure forms of dirt bike competitions.. Not to mention the originals..
With that being said... Jeremy McGrath at SX
and Ricky Carmichael at MX.
So who's the best of the best... since Ricky was way way closer in SX wins than Jeremy was to to Ricky in Motocross wins.. combined with the fact that Carmichael has won more combined races than any two riders put together... its simple
RICKY CARMICHAEL
RCB33
Fantasy
118th
11/29/2015 2:07pm
What about Malcolm smith as well, he's done a lot of stuff through the years.
J.F.S
11/29/2015 2:18pm
Håkan Carlqvist
RCB33
Fantasy
118th
11/29/2015 2:18pm
To figure the best of the best... you have to determine which discipline takes the most talent.. ie supercross.. motocross.. enduro.. harescrambles... desert... freestyle. I think...
To figure the best of the best... you have to determine which discipline takes the most talent.. ie supercross.. motocross.. enduro.. harescrambles... desert... freestyle.
I think most would regard motocross as being number one with supercross rite there with it.. After all they are the most extreme and pure forms of dirt bike competitions.. Not to mention the originals..
So who's the best of the best... since Ricky was way way closer in SX wins than Jeremy was to to Ricky in Motocross wins.. combined with the fact that Carmichael has won more combined races than any two riders put together... its simple
RICKY CARMICHAEL
I think more what I want to know is who can do it all, not who can win the most in one discipline. RC is by far the GOAT of SX/MX though.
KMC440
11/29/2015 2:22pm
Me ... i don't get much credit though. Blush
11/29/2015 2:35pm Edited Date/Time 11/29/2015 2:37pm
To figure the best of the best... you have to determine which discipline takes the most talent.. ie supercross.. motocross.. enduro.. harescrambles... desert... freestyle. I think...
RICKY CARMICHAEL
RCB33 wrote:
I think more what I want to know is who can do it all, not who can win the most in one discipline. RC is by...
I think more what I want to know is who can do it all, not who can win the most in one discipline. RC is by far the GOAT of SX/MX though.
Well Carmichael was/ is the baddest dude on a dirt bike even though he was only MX and SX. Nobody in any other discipline comes close to his dominance and achievements..doesn't matter how many different disciplines of dirt biking ones competed in and/or dominated in... still not even close....
BUT, If I had to pick another I'd say Travis Pastrana.... he has competed and with won at the top level of MX AND SX.
He has competed and dominated at the top level of freestyle... not to mention set the standard for many many years.
He has competed at and won at the top level of supermoto.
He has jumped a dirtbike into the grand canyon with a freaking parachute on his back....yeah, I'd say he's a very bad dude on a dirt bike... just still
not as bad as Ricky...
philG
11/29/2015 3:05pm
MXerDW wrote:
i cannot disagree with either of those picks , but i think JMB has the career that just cant be matched, what he did, how he did it , and the people he did it against.

If he hadnt got that injury its hard to say how far he could have gone.

winman
Fantasy
4006th
11/29/2015 3:11pm
Jeff Ward! Period! 125 250 500 supercross mx des nations supermoto champ etc! No one else has ever don it!
Jarid332
Fantasy
1658th
11/29/2015 3:14pm
ML512 wrote:
Kurt Caselli.
Yup! Next to Cole Seely of course!!

Post a reply to: Who is the best rider ever?

The Latest