Who is running TBT racing suspension? reviews?

adam8781
looking for into on tbt, the good the bad the ugly the great?

|
12/13/2020 9:29pm
I didn’t have the greatest luck to be honest. But I’ve had bad luck with a few tuners. AHM and N2Dirt have been good
PMR 3
Fantasy
594th
12/13/2020 10:12pm
Bought a bike from a friend that had TBT suspension. It performed well.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
12/13/2020 11:20pm
I didn’t have the greatest luck to be honest. But I’ve had bad luck with a few tuners. AHM and N2Dirt have been good
I’ll second what GoggleFiend said. I have no personal experience with TBT, but he and another SoCal tuner did some pretty shady things to a few different buddies suspension and it ended up costing each of them a good chunk of money, including one buddy having to buy a new shock body for a bike with less than 70 hours on it.

N2Dirt is my go to and he does great work. He has people from all over the country shipping him suspension. Brian is a great guy with a ton of experience and knowledge.
12/14/2020 6:00am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I’ll second what GoggleFiend said. I have no personal experience with TBT, but he and another SoCal tuner did some pretty shady things to a few...
I’ll second what GoggleFiend said. I have no personal experience with TBT, but he and another SoCal tuner did some pretty shady things to a few different buddies suspension and it ended up costing each of them a good chunk of money, including one buddy having to buy a new shock body for a bike with less than 70 hours on it.

N2Dirt is my go to and he does great work. He has people from all over the country shipping him suspension. Brian is a great guy with a ton of experience and knowledge.
One of my issues was the shock body also. Completely shot within 20 hours

The Shop

numbers
12/14/2020 6:04am
adam8781 wrote:
looking for into on tbt, the good the bad the ugly the great?

Travis has been around a long time. Personally I'd go with Dan Moore.
walent215
12/14/2020 6:27am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I’ll second what GoggleFiend said. I have no personal experience with TBT, but he and another SoCal tuner did some pretty shady things to a few...

Threads damaged? Spring running through?
Just curious what the problem is?
LungButter
12/14/2020 7:24am
walent215 wrote:
The TBT I know probably drilled holes in something that wasn't supposed to be drilled, thinking they were smarter than the engineer who designed the suspension.

Just a guess....but I know 2 people personally who had to buy Yamaha internal fork parts to fix a similar problem a few years back.
12/14/2020 7:46am
I've been very happy with my TBT tuned Beta suspension. Travis has always been willing to help fine tune my suspension when I see him at the track, even two years after he initially did the valving.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
12/14/2020 8:05am
mattyhamz2 wrote:

walent215 wrote:
Internal. I got to see the damage inside and there were deep grooves from top to bottom and other damage. It was bad!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
12/14/2020 8:06am
mattyhamz2 wrote:

Damn! No way? Yours too?
mattman631
12/14/2020 8:12am
I use TBT Racing out of Oklahoma (I know this doesnt help in Canada..) and have not had an issue. I think like any type of service, if the person doing the service does not care then you run the chance of the raw end of the deal. Brady at TBT Oklahoma does a great job and if he made a mistake he would take care of it.
12/14/2020 8:15am
mattyhamz2 wrote:

walent215 wrote:
Scored up. Possibly from an aftermarket bladder that I didn’t ask for. I believe the nitrogen and oil mix. The shock got soft then I sent to to someone else and ended up buying a trax
12/14/2020 8:29am
mattyhamz2 wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:
Damn! No way? Yours too?
Yup lol
12/14/2020 8:44am
I have many YZ’s in the last 15 years (same bike) and had plenty of fork and shock revalves. Had TBT Dave do my last YZ and it is the best handling YZ I’ve ever had. Good price, great service and great guy.
Tomok
12/14/2020 9:41am
I had TBT Arizona do a KYB SSS conversion on my KTM 4Cs forks when Jonny Weisman was there. Awesome forks. He has his own shop now. The Ride Shop Arizona
stone881
12/14/2020 9:47am
Tomok wrote:
I had TBT Arizona do a KYB SSS conversion on my KTM 4Cs forks when Jonny Weisman was there. Awesome forks. He has his own shop...
I had TBT Arizona do a KYB SSS conversion on my KTM 4Cs forks when Jonny Weisman was there. Awesome forks. He has his own shop now. The Ride Shop Arizona
I had the same and bladder conversion for the shock. Jonny did mine and the results were excellent.
MotofactioN
12/14/2020 9:55am
If a shock body is destroyed that quickly then there were probably lots of metal shavings that were not blown out after drilling/machining a part, possibly when drilling the peen off the shaft.

Those metal shavings will get you every time. Pinch
Travis707
12/14/2020 12:02pm
Tomok wrote:
I had TBT Arizona do a KYB SSS conversion on my KTM 4Cs forks when Jonny Weisman was there. Awesome forks. He has his own shop...
stone881 wrote:
I had the same and bladder conversion for the shock. Jonny did mine and the results were excellent.
FWIW, Jonny did a TBT revalve on my ‘07 KX450 for Moto/WORCS racing and nailed it first try. Big improvement. Very satisfied customer and highly recommended Jonny.
groggylbc
12/15/2020 5:24pm
ive had them do 2 of my bikes..... night and day better then what they were. also, sent my cone valve forks to a big name place to get resprung and valved.....they sucked. I was super bummed
travis took them and now they,re amazing!!!
Monk
12/15/2020 5:30pm
Back in 2012 I attended a GP style race in Washington, coming all the way down from northern BC. For some reason I had a mechanical in moto 1 but the promoter lent me his WR450 with TBT suspension for moto 2. Without changing a clicker, I still remember it being some of the best KYB stuff I had ever ridden...
adam8781
12/17/2020 3:07pm
all a good read, so far as i can tell, the settings are really good and if you have the right tuner/technician it works out great.

Post a reply to: Who is running TBT racing suspension? reviews?

The Latest