Who is racing this weekend?

Titan1
Edited Date/Time 4/13/2012 7:46pm
I'm racing the Firebirds Hare Scamble at Jericho Utah.

It's going to rain! So it should be a blast!

Who else?
|
Titan1
4/12/2012 4:03pm
Really? Nobody else is racing this weekend?
peelout
4/12/2012 4:07pm
i've never raced a Firebirds event, but being in Jericho i imagine it will be perfect after all this rain we're having. one of these days i'm going to pull my head out of my ass and start to be a racer again, be it desert or moto.

good luck this weekend man!
Neil_Romero
4/12/2012 4:08pm
I am racing but not at your event.
I'll be at the LLQ at Estreet MX in Marysville CA.
jndmx
4/12/2012 4:09pm
We have our opening round this weekend at Winchester Speedpark.

I'm calling the races though not racing.

The Shop

JMStamp
4/12/2012 4:39pm
Going to a local race at Honeylakemx. Should be a good weekend
fader418
4/12/2012 5:31pm
I am racing in New Orleans on a Factory Hurricane! Bad Billy Robinson is my team mate!
MXD
4/12/2012 5:59pm
Off weekend for me (NEMX). I was considering racing NESC or Winchester but I think a practice day at MX207 is where I'll be.
Trig331
4/12/2012 6:28pm
Hoping to, just need the weather to cooperate a little so they aren't canceled...
jleews6
4/12/2012 6:41pm
jndmx wrote:

Good luck to every one racing and have fun. Our racing is done for a while. My son had a bad crash practicing Wednesday and tore the ligaments in his shoulder and has to have surgery to repair it. He was riding so good and going so fast it's hard to believe this happened to him because he has worked hard to get to this point.

JNDMX, give a shout out to our close family friend from the Lee's if you could. He is Paul Letendre and he will be racing in 35A and 40A. He won the last races at Southwick. When my son was fighting cancer he did ALLOT to help us out.Great people.
Thanks
John
TX24
4/12/2012 7:05pm
That's a bummer jleews6.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
4/12/2012 7:07pm
I'm racing to New Orleans.
OW38B
Fantasy
203rd
4/12/2012 7:16pm Edited Date/Time 4/12/2012 7:16pm
GuyB wrote:
Lucky Dog!

I know to most of the moto journalists it can become a grind, but to us here on the forum we are truly envious of your endeavors.

Ricky Renner is attending on his 125cc, if you are so inclined to put him in the "pitbits", my favorite part of the coverage.
Tim507
4/12/2012 7:28pm
Racing a GP on Saturday (1.5 hours) and a XC on Sunday (1.5 hours)

Getting ready for the Old Timers at Marysville CA in May. Seat time to hone the Muscle Memory aka reflexesSmile
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
4/13/2012 8:27am
GuyB wrote:
OW38B wrote:
Lucky Dog! I know to most of the moto journalists it can become a grind, but to us here on the forum we are truly envious...
Lucky Dog!

I know to most of the moto journalists it can become a grind, but to us here on the forum we are truly envious of your endeavors.

Ricky Renner is attending on his 125cc, if you are so inclined to put him in the "pitbits", my favorite part of the coverage.
There are times when it's a grind, but I do love my job.

Pit Bits without Renner on a 125? Unthinkable. Smile
CR250Rider
4/13/2012 8:30am Edited Date/Time 4/13/2012 8:33am
pulling the camp trailer out to Moses Lake sand dunes, bringing the kids and 10 gallons of premix Smile
Titan1
4/13/2012 8:58am
peelout wrote:
i've never raced a Firebirds event, but being in Jericho i imagine it will be perfect after all this rain we're having. one of these days...
i've never raced a Firebirds event, but being in Jericho i imagine it will be perfect after all this rain we're having. one of these days i'm going to pull my head out of my ass and start to be a racer again, be it desert or moto.

good luck this weekend man!
It should be blast this weekend!

Last year at this race it snowed...and I spent 30 minutes digging my bike out of a snow drift on this steep north facing slope.

This year there shouldn't be any snow, but the forecast is calling for rain all day today and tomorrow....so it will be muddy.

Let me know if you ever want to hit up a desert race, you can pit with us if you want.
Titan1
4/13/2012 8:58am
jndmx wrote:

jleews6 wrote:
Good luck to every one racing and have fun. Our racing is done for a while. My son had a bad crash practicing Wednesday and tore...
Good luck to every one racing and have fun. Our racing is done for a while. My son had a bad crash practicing Wednesday and tore the ligaments in his shoulder and has to have surgery to repair it. He was riding so good and going so fast it's hard to believe this happened to him because he has worked hard to get to this point.

JNDMX, give a shout out to our close family friend from the Lee's if you could. He is Paul Letendre and he will be racing in 35A and 40A. He won the last races at Southwick. When my son was fighting cancer he did ALLOT to help us out.Great people.
Thanks
John
That stinks about your son. That has to be the worst thing ever, as a father, watching your son get hurt-especially after riding so well. I hope he heals up quick!
Titan1
4/13/2012 9:00am
Good luck to everyone lining up this weekend!
Barrett57
4/13/2012 9:06am
wish I was Sad

Crashed pretty hard and hurt my knee, feels like im being stabbed everytime I walk up the stairs.
josh8811
4/13/2012 9:16am
Titan1 wrote:

Who else?
Good luck!! Hopefully it's not to muddy!! My wife and I just had our first baby, so I'm sitting this one out..
jndmx
4/13/2012 9:24am
jndmx wrote:

jleews6 wrote:
Good luck to every one racing and have fun. Our racing is done for a while. My son had a bad crash practicing Wednesday and tore...

Thanks
John
John I will be sure to look for Paul to pass along your greeting and make sure to give him some props on the mic.
The moto family really does do some wonderful things.

Sorry to hear about your son.
I am sort of in the same boat with my boy not being able to race.
My son broke his L1 vert in 2008 and has been having some issues so this will be the first time since 2004 that I won't be rolling a bike to the line for round 1.
Hopefully we can get things ironed out and get some racing inlater this season.

It's frustrating to see how something so random can take away all their hard work.
Titan1
4/13/2012 9:48am
Titan1 wrote:

Who else?
josh8811 wrote:
Good luck!! Hopefully it's not to muddy!! My wife and I just had our first baby, so I'm sitting this one out..
Congrats on the baby! That's awesome.

Have you done any of the other rounds this year?

I missed Mesquite, but had a blast at the Rhino Rally and managed to survive Notch Peak (all that sand just beat me to a pulp). Hopefully Firebirds will turn out awesome!
7I3N
4/13/2012 9:50am
Titan1 wrote:

Who else?
Good luck dude and have fun. Conditions should be epic.
Titan1
4/13/2012 10:07am
Titan1 wrote:

Who else?
7I3N wrote:
I looked for you at the Rhino Rally but didn't see you. Did you end up racing it?
JG463
4/13/2012 10:13am
I wish I was racing! Here in Oklahoma we have some pretty gnarly storms heading our way, or so the weather man says. We have an Oklahoma State Championship Series race in Tulsa but I am thinking of skipping and getting my street bike ready to hit the track here in a few weeks. Just got in a stage 3 jet kit, new air box, full exhaust, and new filter. I see no racing but some dyno tuning in my future for the weekend!
7I3N
4/13/2012 10:14am
Titan1 wrote:

Who else?
7I3N wrote:
Titan1 wrote:
I looked for you at the Rhino Rally but didn't see you. Did you end up racing it?
No, I got screwed on that deal. Ended up having to work that day due to circumstances beyond my control. I hate missing a race in my own backyard.
Titan1
4/13/2012 10:18am Edited Date/Time 4/13/2012 10:20am
7I3N wrote:
Titan1 wrote:
7I3N wrote:
No, I got screwed on that deal. Ended up having to work that day due to circumstances beyond my control. I hate missing a race in...
No, I got screwed on that deal. Ended up having to work that day due to circumstances beyond my control. I hate missing a race in my own backyard.
That sucks for you! It was an awesome race. My avatar is a pic from the rally...

We stayed in St. George, but got to the pits pretty late and were rushing around like crazy (only to have them delay the start for an hour-trying to get some mini's off the course, so we sat on the start line for an hour), and then we had to leave pretty quick after the race. So I didn't have much time to mingle and thought I'd just missed you.
7I3N
4/13/2012 10:39am
Titan1 wrote:
7I3N wrote:
No, I got screwed on that deal. Ended up having to work that day due to circumstances beyond my control. I hate missing a race in...
Titan1 wrote:
That sucks for you! It was an awesome race. My avatar is a pic from the rally... We stayed in St. George, but got to the...
That sucks for you! It was an awesome race. My avatar is a pic from the rally...

We stayed in St. George, but got to the pits pretty late and were rushing around like crazy (only to have them delay the start for an hour-trying to get some mini's off the course, so we sat on the start line for an hour), and then we had to leave pretty quick after the race. So I didn't have much time to mingle and thought I'd just missed you.
I watched some of the GoPro vids guys posted from the race and the course and the conditions look awesome. I'm bummed I missed it.

If I had been there I would've found you. Wink
jleews6
4/13/2012 6:03pm
TX24,Titan 1and JNDMX

Thanks allot guy's. His crash was almost exact of what Chad Reed did last year. It was scary!

JDMX thanks allot ,That would freak him out and he would be wondering who the heck did that.lol He is Number 50 and that is the reason my son is also #50. He really looks up to Paul.Sorry to hear about your son also. It sure is heart breaking to see them work so hard and then have it taken away in a split second.

Everybody else,Have fun this weekend and good luck.

Post a reply to: Who is racing this weekend?

The Latest