Who is going to red bud?

Edited Date/Time 5/29/2012 1:44am
Who here is going to watch the ama round at red bud this year? ill be there for sure!
I've heard that Lot-B is the place to camp if you wanna party and get a little loose?
I cant find tickets for there, only lot-a

http://redbudmx2012.eventbrite.com/

can any link me to tickets for lot-b?

thanks Smile
|
GILLETT
4/25/2012 3:43am
Lot A is the camping area as soon as you pull in and it is for family camping. They have a quiet time down there after 10 or 11 i can't remember. Lot B is up the hill to the right of LaRocco's leap and it is a zoo for sure. Lot's of fun and don't plan on getting much sleep unless you are drunk and pass out.
GILLETT
4/25/2012 3:47am
Go to redbudmx.com and click on the Lucas AMA Pro National. Then click on Camping on the upper left of the screen. Scroll down and it gives you camping options with weekend prices.
ehr400
4/25/2012 9:43am
I dont think u can really fathom what lot b is like until tou are there. Did that in my younger years. Like the other guy said dont plan on getting any sleep. Oh yeah dont bring anything decent or it will disappear or get thrown into a fire. Other then that you picked the best national to go to in the country. Have fun!
layinbody31
4/25/2012 10:04am
Going for the first time (to any National) ever! Only planning on driving up for the day though.

My Daughter was born on the 4th of July so there will be a lot of years where I won't be able to go, as her party is on the nearest weekend just like Red Bud is. However since they Holiday is in the middle of the week this year we're able to have her party the weekend before and RB is the weekend after! Smile

The Shop

bdub
4/25/2012 10:10am
I am planning on going to a National this year, I have the option of going to Red Bud or Millville. Question for anyone who has been to both, which track is better for spectating? The party is not important to me since I will be making it a one day trip. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
SunComfort
4/25/2012 10:40am
bdub wrote:
I am planning on going to a National this year, I have the option of going to Red Bud or Millville. Question for anyone who has...
I am planning on going to a National this year, I have the option of going to Red Bud or Millville. Question for anyone who has been to both, which track is better for spectating? The party is not important to me since I will be making it a one day trip. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Neither are the best for spectating, but both are
very much worth attending. Just plan on doing some
walking unless you only want to see one part of the track.
Redbud is the best tho, its just got a different feel with the
independance day festivities and night racing on the small
track is always good. Just a cool place to b.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
4/25/2012 10:46am
I was thinking of going.
carlosmacho
4/25/2012 10:49am Edited Date/Time 4/25/2012 10:50am
rhysmx182 wrote:
Who here is going to watch the ama round at red bud this year? ill be there for sure! I've heard that Lot-B is the place...
Who here is going to watch the ama round at red bud this year? ill be there for sure!
I've heard that Lot-B is the place to camp if you wanna party and get a little loose?

thanks Smile
I was thinking of going but the flight out there is $179 each way, then rental car and hotel. I would like to go but I am already flying to Hangtown and Thunder Valley. But the prices may go down so I will be in a wait and see mode.
motomike137
4/25/2012 11:34am
I don't always attend motocross races, but when I do I prefer......

Reddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
Buddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GILLETT
4/25/2012 11:43am
GuyB wrote:
I was thinking of going.
You ever wandered into Lot B?
MotoX85
4/25/2012 12:16pm
Red Bud pissed in their Cheerios with me last year. Leaving every camper with with no water and sewer service pretty much sealed the deal for my family with this national. we have been going for the last several years, but not anymore. Now we drive 5 hours further to go to Millville. This year, me and the boy will just take the trailer and go to Red Bud for Sat and Sun.

Spectating - they are about the same. Red Bud you are mostly in the middle of the track looking out (but you can walk around the edges also), Millville you are mainly on the outside looking in (but you can get on the inside also). Both are pretty good spectating.

Problem with Red Bud is there is a huge hill in the middle of the track so if you are on one side you can't see the other. Millville is in a mountainous valley and when standing on one side of the track, you cannot see the backside (whoops monster)

But my choice now is Millville. If you say you are not worried about partying, then go to Millville. The party at Red Bud has gotten so out of control that it is really why most people go to this race anymore and during Satrudays race most people are laying all over the hillside not caring about the race.

All 5 families we travel with have said, they are NOT going to Red Bud this year.

Now with that, make your own decisions!!!! Smile
dsmith
Fantasy
1470th
4/25/2012 1:54pm
i'll be there all buzzed.....
4/26/2012 5:30pm
Well I'm traveling from Australia, so I'm keen to party but watching the race is really important to me too. I'm going to be hiring a car and driving there from Los Angeles. Can I park my car where I camp in lot b?
MX Culture
4/26/2012 7:00pm
Red Bud is by far the best race on the tour.
Awesome track and facility, always great races.
Easy to view from almost anywhere, night races the night before, fireworks, girls, ect, ect.
Millville is only 1 week later, so why not go to it also?
Driving from LA? Do you realize how far that is?
Highsider
4/26/2012 7:25pm
In '10 I drove from the Millville area to LA to see the GH National.
By the time I got there GH lost the National and I, and a few others, watched a GP.
4/26/2012 7:31pm
rhysmx182 wrote:
Well I'm traveling from Australia, so I'm keen to party but watching the race is really important to me too. I'm going to be hiring a...
Well I'm traveling from Australia, so I'm keen to party but watching the race is really important to me too. I'm going to be hiring a car and driving there from Los Angeles. Can I park my car where I camp in lot b?
Yes you can camp next to your car as camp lot b is a giant parking lot/field. They give you large plots like a parking spot. I go every year and camp in B lot. would not miss it for the world.
swedishfishmx
Fantasy
3811th
4/26/2012 7:45pm
I think i'm going to Red Bud this year. . I've only been to ride and even that was cut short because I broke my wrist. The place looks awesome!!!!
layinbody31
4/27/2012 7:44am
Is the Pro Pit Pass worth the additional $18.50? The only Supercross I've been to in recent years is Indy, and there's no access to the pits there, so I was wanting to be able to get into the pits at Red Bud for the experience, but only recently realized it's an extra ticket to do so.

Also, would it be worth paying to get seats in the grandstands? Everything but the top row is an extra $8.50
JustMX
4/27/2012 9:51am
Is the Pro Pit Pass worth the additional $18.50? The only Supercross I've been to in recent years is Indy, and there's no access to the...
Is the Pro Pit Pass worth the additional $18.50? The only Supercross I've been to in recent years is Indy, and there's no access to the pits there, so I was wanting to be able to get into the pits at Red Bud for the experience, but only recently realized it's an extra ticket to do so.

Also, would it be worth paying to get seats in the grandstands? Everything but the top row is an extra $8.50
the RItcheys do a great job and it is a fantastic facility....

If you are going to sit in the grandstands I would suggest going all in for the top row.

Once it gets crowded it is just about the only place that you can see almost the entire track without running from side to side.
motomike137
4/27/2012 10:11am
rhysmx182 wrote:
Who here is going to watch the ama round at red bud this year? ill be there for sure! I've heard that Lot-B is the place...

thanks Smile
It used to be much more fun camping there when you were spread all over the track and could do all kinds of crazy stuff and watch all kinds of crazy stuff or just chill. Now days you have the choice between the quieter reserved area or the animal house that is patrolled by a gastapo force and you are packed in like sardines. Unless you want to go WFO all weekend I wouldn't choose lot B.
dboivin
4/27/2012 10:18am
rhysmx182 wrote:
Well I'm traveling from Australia, so I'm keen to party but watching the race is really important to me too. I'm going to be hiring a...
just don't tell anyone that your car is a rental....it may be jumping the fire pit by the end of the night.
ktmyammxdad
4/27/2012 10:39am
We went to REEEEEEDDDDD BUDDD for the first time last year and had a blast. The freaking monsoon did not help much since we did not get to race friday, but overall it was awesome. Will try to get there a little earlier this year so the walk from our site to the track is not so freaking long. We had access to water and I thought I saw a septic truck going around, but maybe not. The partying was not over crazy except for the freaking party bus parked not to far from us where all the little underage kids where going to party. It was pretty bad Thursday but on friday we saw the sheriff's hauling the bus out and some kids handcuffed in a golf cart. Classic. My boys had a blast racing Saturday night and we will probably stay this year and race Sunday on the national track. It was kind of funny that right after the race on Saturday, all the private security people packed up and got the hell out.
4/28/2012 12:16am
MX Culture wrote:
Red Bud is by far the best race on the tour. Awesome track and facility, always great races. Easy to view from almost anywhere, night races...
Easy to view from almost anywhere, night races the night before, fireworks, girls, ect, ect.
Is driving from LA really that bad? we were hoping to leave on the 2nd and arrive on the 6th. ive never been to america but it says its about 1,800 miles.. i think that is do-able in 4 days? correct me if im wrong and making an idiot of myself haha.
neysbo
4/28/2012 6:08am
MX Culture wrote:
Red Bud is by far the best race on the tour. Awesome track and facility, always great races. Easy to view from almost anywhere, night races...
rhysmx182 wrote:
Is driving from LA really that bad? we were hoping to leave on the 2nd and arrive on the 6th. ive never been to america but...
Is driving from LA really that bad? we were hoping to leave on the 2nd and arrive on the 6th. ive never been to america but it says its about 1,800 miles.. i think that is do-able in 4 days? correct me if im wrong and making an idiot of myself haha.
It is not to bad of a drive , Interstate highways the whole way. Easily make it in 4 days , even 3 days would be driving 600 miles per day which is nothing. Although I would take the extra day to see a few sites on the way. Once at Red Bud you can camp in either Lot A or B.
5/28/2012 11:54pm
so ive got my tickets all sorted, cant wait! camping for 3 nights in lot b it should be a fun time and i cant wait for the racing Smile
5/29/2012 12:39am
MX Culture wrote:
Them Aussies boys don't mind some long distance driving,especially when there's beer at the other end Wink
gharmon
5/29/2012 1:44am
I'll be there. We will be driving up from Alabama on thursday. It's about 800 miles for me. Long ride but worth it. Have some fun and I hope you meet nothing but great american people on your whole trip. Most of us are pretty good people (yeah I know I have a biased opinion). LOL

Post a reply to: Who is going to red bud?

The Latest