Who is doing skid plates for the 2015 Suzuki team????

Related:
Create New Tag

12/20/2014 4:34 PM

they changed the frame a bunch for 2015.....anyone have a pic of the new works bikes??

anyone know if someone is making an updated skidplate.???????

NCM_0172

|

12/20/2014 4:36 PM

The race team uses a carbon fiber skidplate, which they have made at their order. So you wouldn't be able to get one of those.

|

12/20/2014 4:44 PM

????????*??????,,**&&; 6&,&&*,??????????????

|

Osama Bin Mixin - Head of the 2-stroke Taliban

12/20/2014 4:46 PM

So who has the hook up?? I thought this place was full of industry movers and shakers??

|

12/20/2014 4:48 PM

In other news, Stewart to race the GP's.

|

Osama Bin Mixin - Head of the 2-stroke Taliban

12/20/2014 4:50 PM

JW381 wrote:

In other news, Stewart to race the GP's.

Sweet! Cool bro!

|

12/20/2014 6:56 PM

Bruce372 wrote:

So who has the hook up?? I thought this place was full of industry movers and shakers??

Paging Manny.....

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

12/20/2014 7:09 PM

I would compare to previous models. Check the bolt pattern and basic shape. If they didn't change how it bends around the motor or the width of the frame then previous years would fit. Maybe all the did was some pocket re-arranging.

|

12/20/2014 7:11 PM

ML512 wrote:

The race team uses a carbon fiber skidplate, which they have made at their order. So you wouldn't be able to get one of those.

Yea but aren't you suppose to be able to buy everything that is on one of those factory bikes? I mean if you had the money and knew where to get it that is

|

shit'll buff out

12/20/2014 7:14 PM

ML512 wrote:

moscrop940 wrote:

Yea but aren't you suppose to be able to buy everything that is on one of those factory bikes? I mean if you had the money and knew where to get it that is

That's a big negative....

|

12/20/2014 7:16 PM

ML512 wrote:

moscrop940 wrote:

MxKing809 wrote:

Really? I thought it went along the lines of the rule that states a certain amount of bikes have to be available to the public before any pro can race them. I.E the factory edition KTMS

|

shit'll buff out

12/20/2014 7:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/20/2014 7:23 PM

moscrop940 wrote:

MxKing809 wrote:

moscrop940 wrote:

Really? I thought it went along the lines of the rule that states a certain amount of bikes have to be available to the public before any pro can race them. I.E the factory edition KTMS

Yeah, I mean for the most part the frame and bolt on accessories are available through companies like x-trig, etc......

But I remember Rodger Decoster hand building a shock piston on a lathe for Dungeys bike in some video..... You can't buy that shit. You could build one yourself, but you can't buy the knowledge

|

12/20/2014 7:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/20/2014 7:28 PM

MxKing809 wrote:

moscrop940 wrote:

MxKing809 wrote:

Yeah, I mean for the most part the frame and bolt on accessories are available through companies like x-trig, etc......

But I remember Rodger Decoster hand building a shock piston on a lathe for Dungeys bike in some video..... You can't buy that shit. You could build one yourself, but you can't buy the knowledge

O I couldn't agree with you more.

My point being if that was a prototype for him to try, and it worked, and he decided to race with it then that shock would have to be available for me to purchase.

Now I know the fact is even if I had 100k to throw into a bike and gave Mitch a 2015 kx250f he would tell me it's everything that AC has, but I doubt it would truly be the factory shit. I.E your piston roger was building on a lathe may become mass produced, but it will never work like the one RD was making

|

shit'll buff out

12/20/2014 8:45 PM

Can you really be that misinformed about the production rule???

|

Never try to argue with idiots; they will only bring you down to their level.....and being more experienced, they will beat you at their own game!

2006 KX250

12/21/2014 4:27 PM

bvm111 wrote:

Can you really be that misinformed about the production rule???

I could be.

You could enlighten me instead of being a dick about it

|

shit'll buff out

12/21/2014 6:10 PM

i believe the 250 class has that rule about not being one off parts. atleast with suspension thry have to use over the counter stuff

|

12/21/2014 6:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/21/2014 6:19 PM

Check lightspeed or something, maybe you find what you want with them.

|

12/21/2014 6:22 PM

Bruce372 wrote:

lol, ok. name droppers dont count.

|

12/21/2014 7:21 PM

Team Green makes some awesome carbon fiber parts for some race teams, maybe he has the inside scoop

|

12/21/2014 7:52 PM

If you want an aluminum on i can make you a custom one. machinist by day and I do fab work on the side.

|

12/21/2014 11:21 PM

moscrop940 wrote:

That doesn't include bolt-on accessories.

|

12/22/2014 4:21 AM

Factory Suzuki and KTM are running Akrapovic skidplates. In US and europe. Not for sale only factory. US Suzuki is the only team running the Yoshi pipe, Suzuki Europe and Jpn are running the Akra pipe..

|

12/22/2014 6:37 AM

Theres a monetary rule on 250 class suspension, not 450. Bolt on parts dont have to be available for sale. production frames, cases, subframes, ect.

|

12/22/2014 6:54 AM

Henk_Zanting wrote:

Factory Suzuki and KTM are running Akrapovic skidplates. In US and europe. Not for sale only factory. US Suzuki is the only team running the Yoshi pipe, Suzuki Europe and Jpn are running the Akra pipe..

I've got an akra Carbon fiber skidplate on my rmz 450, came with the bike when I bought it

|

12/22/2014 8:17 AM

Henk_Zanting wrote:

kev472 wrote:

I've got an akra Carbon fiber skidplate on my rmz 450, came with the bike when I bought it

ok, interresting... left over factory or are they for sale somewhere.. need to know.. (for the KTM that is)

|

12/22/2014 8:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/22/2014 8:55 AM

i think left over from the factory somehow, tried to look if they are available anywhere but cannot find them

|

12/22/2014 9:59 AM

Henk_Zanting wrote:

You are incorrect about the skidplate part.

In 2015 Suzuki will sell the same carbon fiber skidplate that the race team has run on its race bikes for the last several years. You should be able to buy one at your local dealer sometime in the spring. Drill holes in it if you want it to look like the factory bikes.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

12/22/2014 10:05 AM

By the way, if you want one that is very, very much like the factory item, see these guys:

http://www.lightspeedcarbon.com/Default.asp

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

12/22/2014 10:05 AM

there are plenty of skid plates available, and all the old ones (like the pic I posted at the start) will bolt up.

However, look at the frame changes for 2015 vs this older bike.....Suzuki took a lot of metal away from the 2015 Y-part of the frame- now there is a big gaping hole where the older skid plate doesn't extend, resulting in a lot of mud build up.

old bike

100_1074

|

12/22/2014 10:06 AM

|