Who here is mototalk alumni?

TFS
11/13/2011 10:03am
20 years from now, whoever is left will still be arguing the same shit, but no one will remember what.

"you fucked up, but I don't remember what."
"no I didn't, but I don't remember what really did happen either, but I was right!"
"no you weren't"
"about what?"
"I forget what we were talking about..."
DC
11/13/2011 10:16am
Good point, TeeFuss.

DC
MX Sports
TFS
11/13/2011 10:19am
DC wrote:
Good point, TeeFuss.

DC
MX Sports
...and you are...

Oh yeah, I remember.

Haha!
Sherwood
11/13/2011 10:22am
The 350 being the future of Sx/Mx.... Anyone remember that one?

The Shop

TFS
11/13/2011 11:18am
Sherwood wrote:
It was going that way, but the economic collapse derailed it.

I don't get the fuss over this one.

Decisions were made between the FIM and Youthstream, and the AMA agreed. They were just decisions. What's the big deal?
Matt Moto
11/13/2011 11:53am
I was there still am just mostly lurking now.

Matthew
Sherwood
11/13/2011 11:58am Edited Date/Time 11/13/2011 12:00pm
Sherwood wrote:
TFS wrote:
It was going that way, but the economic collapse derailed it. I don't get the fuss over this one. Decisions were made between the FIM and...

Decisions were made between the FIM and Youthstream, and the AMA agreed. They were just decisions. What's the big deal?
It got derailed long before the economy went south and you know that. The problem I have is you not being able to admit your wrong. YS getting control of the nationals was also funny because it was never going to happen.
TFS
11/13/2011 12:03pm
Sherwood wrote:
TFS wrote:
It was going that way, but the economic collapse derailed it. I don't get the fuss over this one. Decisions were made between the FIM and...

Sherwood wrote:
It got derailed long before the economy went south and you know that. The problem I have is you not being able to admit your wrong...
It got derailed long before the economy went south and you know that. The problem I have is you not being able to admit your wrong. YS getting control of the nationals was also funny because it was never going to happen.
Wrong about what?

I was in Spain when FIM, YS, and the AMA agreed on it. I reported what they said. People jumped in my shit the moment I reported it, but that was because they didn't like the decision. It's not like it was made up.

Whitelock held a press conference at the next race and confirmed it.

Why is that my problem? I just took pics and told stories.

We were supposed to have flying cars and Moon colonies by now too, but it's not my problem!
DC
11/13/2011 12:06pm Edited Date/Time 11/13/2011 12:06pm
We were promised jetpacks, too. (That's actually the name of a really cool band, BTW)

DC
MX Sports
Sherwood
11/13/2011 12:08pm
TFS wrote:

Sherwood wrote:
It got derailed long before the economy went south and you know that. The problem I have is you not being able to admit your wrong...
TFS wrote:
Wrong about what? I was in Spain when FIM, YS, and the AMA agreed on it. I reported what they said. People jumped in my shit...
Wrong about what?

I was in Spain when FIM, YS, and the AMA agreed on it. I reported what they said. People jumped in my shit the moment I reported it, but that was because they didn't like the decision. It's not like it was made up.

We were supposed to have flying cars and Moon colonies by now too, but it's not my problem!
You told stories alright. I even told you factory Honda wouldn't be making a 350. They soon had a press release followed by other manufacturers saying the same thing. It was dead right then, yet you continued to argue it would happen for some reason. The OEM's run the racing not the sanctioning bodies.
Tiki
Fantasy
1670th
11/13/2011 12:44pm
F R E E R I N G E R
TFS
11/13/2011 1:02pm
Sherwood wrote:
TFS wrote:
Wrong about what? I was in Spain when FIM, YS, and the AMA agreed on it. I reported what they said. People jumped in my shit...
Wrong about what?

Sherwood wrote:
You told stories alright. I even told you factory Honda wouldn't be making a 350. They soon had a press release followed by other manufacturers saying...
You told stories alright. I even told you factory Honda wouldn't be making a 350. They soon had a press release followed by other manufacturers saying the same thing. It was dead right then, yet you continued to argue it would happen for some reason. The OEM's run the racing not the sanctioning bodies.
Your timing is off.

Those press releases were like 8 months after the announcement in Spain. The meeting in Spain was in the middle of the SX series. At the FIM awards in Monaco that Fall, there was a meeting on it again and it was still a go. If I recall correctly, there was even a plan to retain 2-strokes in MX2 as a development series, or maybe Euro championships-something like that.

By the beginning of the next year, plans had changed. Not my problem.

In 2005 the NASA administrator announced what the shuttle's replacement would look like. The NASA.gov site ran graphics of the new rockets for years as America's next rockets. I worked on one of them. They got cancelled. Shit happens. No big deal.

I'm still wondering where the flying cars went!
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
11/13/2011 1:07pm
Tiki wrote:
F R E E R I N G E R
I agree completely. F R I N G E R
Bauer
11/13/2011 1:39pm
DC wrote:
Good point, TeeFuss.

DC
MX Sports
TFS wrote:
...and you are...

Oh yeah, I remember.

Haha!
Oh, the irony!
wildbill
11/13/2011 2:32pm
98 for me. Can't remember if I paid or not but, my password worked for several years.

Motodrive was way more fun though, in a perilous fashion. Missed freshdirt though somehow 'heard' all about it.
TFS
11/13/2011 2:54pm
The "evil plan" shit that bumped up traffic on Monkeydrive was classic.

Some of you probably think we were joking about it, but it's real. Bauer and I were chatting on line trying to figure out how to sabotage FD, buy it, hack it, whatever, then GuyB had just started up MD and it was perfect. We start flaming the FD people on MD and they started migrating over. Before long, no one was left on FD but Mikeee and his sockpuppets.. Mmwwuuhaha.

Some other shit happened too that contributed, but Bauer and I still take credit!

One time I signed up as Andy on FD and said I was a rep for the BB software company, and there was a new rule that would charge people like $.01 for each post as a royalty. Ha! A bunch of people believed it until they figured out who Andy was.. Smile

Vooolllaaare! Whoa whoa whoa whoa....
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
11/13/2011 3:14pm
TFS wrote:
The "evil plan" shit that bumped up traffic on Monkeydrive was classic. Some of you probably think we were joking about it, but it's real. Bauer...
The "evil plan" shit that bumped up traffic on Monkeydrive was classic.

Some of you probably think we were joking about it, but it's real. Bauer and I were chatting on line trying to figure out how to sabotage FD, buy it, hack it, whatever, then GuyB had just started up MD and it was perfect. We start flaming the FD people on MD and they started migrating over. Before long, no one was left on FD but Mikeee and his sockpuppets.. Mmwwuuhaha.

Some other shit happened too that contributed, but Bauer and I still take credit!

One time I signed up as Andy on FD and said I was a rep for the BB software company, and there was a new rule that would charge people like $.01 for each post as a royalty. Ha! A bunch of people believed it until they figured out who Andy was.. Smile

Vooolllaaare! Whoa whoa whoa whoa....
That is hilarious. LOL "$.01 for each post as a royalty." Grinning
Motodude
11/13/2011 3:59pm
Yeah, I even hosted MT for a while back in 2000...the FD MikeeP meltdown was pure comedy...SNL stuff. MT ruled for years, I wonder how much of it would be floating around in cyber space. It would be cool to see the archives.
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
11/13/2011 4:06pm
Motodude wrote:
Yeah, I even hosted MT for a while back in 2000...the FD MikeeP meltdown was pure comedy...SNL stuff. MT ruled for years, I wonder how much...
Yeah, I even hosted MT for a while back in 2000...the FD MikeeP meltdown was pure comedy...SNL stuff. MT ruled for years, I wonder how much of it would be floating around in cyber space. It would be cool to see the archives.
Here are a couple FD screenshots from 99.

Sherwood
11/13/2011 5:14pm
TFS wrote:
Wrong about what?

Sherwood wrote:
You told stories alright. I even told you factory Honda wouldn't be making a 350. They soon had a press release followed by other manufacturers saying...
TFS wrote:
Your timing is off. Those press releases were like 8 months after the announcement in Spain. The meeting in Spain was in the middle of the...
Your timing is off.

Those press releases were like 8 months after the announcement in Spain. The meeting in Spain was in the middle of the SX series. At the FIM awards in Monaco that Fall, there was a meeting on it again and it was still a go. If I recall correctly, there was even a plan to retain 2-strokes in MX2 as a development series, or maybe Euro championships-something like that.

By the beginning of the next year, plans had changed. Not my problem.

In 2005 the NASA administrator announced what the shuttle's replacement would look like. The NASA.gov site ran graphics of the new rockets for years as America's next rockets. I worked on one of them. They got cancelled. Shit happens. No big deal.

I'm still wondering where the flying cars went!
So when you said it was 100% going to happen you weren't wrong?
KAWboy14
11/13/2011 5:20pm
this thread turned into a Twilight Zone episode!
Mod Killer
11/13/2011 10:12pm
this thread is awesome. brings back good memories.

i loved the whole motodrive vs bushwood wars.
hammertime
11/13/2011 10:24pm Edited Date/Time 11/13/2011 10:24pm
man, those were the days for me as far as boards go. i loved all of it...even broon kicking me out all the time. made a lot of friends there.
plowboy
11/14/2011 12:37am
I was there for a few years but when motoclown showed up I just got too creeped out and thankfully found vital.
Rupert X
11/14/2011 5:20am
DC wrote:
We were promised jetpacks, too. (That's actually the name of a really cool band, BTW)

DC
MX Sports
I gotta get me a jet-pack. And not one of those *%$#@* Chinese knock-offs either, I've seen what they do.

I want the Mitch &%%^# Payton version with the blacked out rocket-fuel tanks, the Monster stickers

the anti-seat-bounce modulator, perhaps the strobe indicator and the Dean Wilson cross-jumping Baggettometer, too.

* Chad Reed tried one under his jersey at Millville. Shhhh. Insider schnizzle.
Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
11/14/2011 6:59am
Folks have been trying to run me off for at least 12 years now....I'm like gum on your shoe....
dirtdog36
11/14/2011 8:08am
Rupert X wrote:
I gotta get me a jet-pack. And not one of those *%$#@* Chinese knock-offs either, I've seen what they do. I want the Mitch &%%^# Payton...
I gotta get me a jet-pack. And not one of those *%$#@* Chinese knock-offs either, I've seen what they do.

I want the Mitch &%%^# Payton version with the blacked out rocket-fuel tanks, the Monster stickers

the anti-seat-bounce modulator, perhaps the strobe indicator and the Dean Wilson cross-jumping Baggettometer, too.

* Chad Reed tried one under his jersey at Millville. Shhhh. Insider schnizzle.
We need more Rupert X - now that is a board I would pay for!

As for the original ?: Yep was on mototalk. Lurked for a long time and joined at the end... just about the time we did the Rupert X 2stroke challenge and then Larry Brooks had a melt down and people started jumping ship...

oh well, the good old days
Rupert X
11/14/2011 9:14am
Met so many cool, wonderful motocross folks through Mototalk, Vital, Pitracer (Ohio) and other boreds (sic and SICK!)

They have shrunk the world for me and others - meeting like-minded moto-folk from all over the states and fuzzy foreign

lands - as well. Honored to have met so many of you.

*Granting you now the opportunity to grab me an expensive beer from the stickered cooler and spit out under-cooked chicken

around a late-night motocross campfire.

Let there be motocross.
ayearinmx
11/14/2011 9:33am
Hman144 wrote:
Another ex-pat. MT was fun, and for a while way ahead of the curve- especially with content provided by TFS, Scavo, and video clips from BobbyM's...
Another ex-pat.

MT was fun, and for a while way ahead of the curve- especially with content provided by TFS, Scavo, and video clips from BobbyM's poolsupplies server.

My best takeaway from there was when I ended up hosting David "ayearinmx" Bulmer for a night on his cross-country tour.

H
I owe a lot to Mototalk.... signing up there got me in touch with people in the motocross industry, and through that, i had the best experience ever in 2007 when i did my trip

met so many great people, that i can't even begin to thank them all but I appreciate it, and it's part of the reason why i'm now working in the industry

Post a reply to: Who here is mototalk alumni?

The Latest