Who has the edge?

Scull79
Halfway through the series now. I think Webb has a SLIGHT edge right now. He proved last night that even on a off night he can still finish up front, he nearly got the overall. His starts are dialed and mentally he is strong. Tomac is definitely turning it up right now and will so from here out but he is prone to mental mistakes that can hurt him big time. I think Roczen will stay right there in the mix but it seems like something is missing. Maybe if he can get a win, that will change. What are y'alls thoughts?
|
TymeMoto
2/24/2019 9:55am
I just want Kenny to get a win so damn bad
cameron96
2/24/2019 9:56am
If this continues we are in for a show the last few rounds

Everyone’s playing nice right now, but they all want that title
KirkChandler
Fantasy
278th
2/24/2019 9:57am
Roczen claimed after last nights race he's had the flu since Dallas. Could explain his off night last night which resulted in a 4th.

Cooper's starts and race craft were on point last night. He almost won again when he wasn't even in the top 5 of fastsest guys. It reminds me of Villopoto 2011 season all over again. Come out smelling like a rose every week.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
2/24/2019 9:57am
Scull79 wrote:
Halfway through the series now. I think Webb has a SLIGHT edge right now. He proved last night that even on a off night he can...
Halfway through the series now. I think Webb has a SLIGHT edge right now. He proved last night that even on a off night he can still finish up front, he nearly got the overall. His starts are dialed and mentally he is strong. Tomac is definitely turning it up right now and will so from here out but he is prone to mental mistakes that can hurt him big time. I think Roczen will stay right there in the mix but it seems like something is missing. Maybe if he can get a win, that will change. What are y'alls thoughts?
Kenny was sick all week, he’s going to be just fine for the long haul !

The Shop

2/24/2019 6:50pm Edited Date/Time 2/24/2019 6:51pm
Tomac was pretty amazing last night.. when he went off the track I thought, here we go again, but he just blasted forward
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1978th
2/24/2019 7:15pm
I just have a big feeling Webb’s gonna send it a little to much and end up on the ground. I feel like tomac is gonna rip off a few wins in the next couple of rounds. Atlanta and Daytona are very good tracks for tomac. And for Kenny he’s gonna keep doing what he’s doing and staying consistent and HOPEFULLY get a win here soon. Tomac takes the title with Kenny not far behind
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1978th
2/24/2019 7:16pm
TymeMoto wrote:
How close does he have to get!!!! Lost twice on the final lap. Like cmon Webb let the man with 2 robot arms get a taste of victory
rp031x
2/24/2019 7:26pm
I just have a big feeling Webb’s gonna send it a little to much and end up on the ground. I feel like tomac is gonna...
I just have a big feeling Webb’s gonna send it a little to much and end up on the ground. I feel like tomac is gonna rip off a few wins in the next couple of rounds. Atlanta and Daytona are very good tracks for tomac. And for Kenny he’s gonna keep doing what he’s doing and staying consistent and HOPEFULLY get a win here soon. Tomac takes the title with Kenny not far behind
I'm calling Kenny for the win at Daytona. Stamp it.
barnett468
2/24/2019 7:28pm
Scull79 wrote:
Halfway through the series now. I think Webb has a SLIGHT edge right now. He proved last night that even on a off night he can...
"I think Roczen will stay right there in the mix but it seems like something is missing."

Yeah...half his arms and 2 years off.
DPR250R
2/24/2019 7:35pm
I still think Webb does.. he is the one with room for err.
mb60
2/24/2019 8:07pm Edited Date/Time 2/24/2019 8:08pm
Webb is the best rider hands down. Tomac might be faster but Web has it dialed in. Roczen and Marvin are being outworked and out rode right now. 13 points between top 4 is still a good battle either way.
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1978th
2/24/2019 8:19pm
I just have a big feeling Webb’s gonna send it a little to much and end up on the ground. I feel like tomac is gonna...
rp031x wrote:
I'm calling Kenny for the win at Daytona. Stamp it.
Man I’d love that but tomac is just so fast at Daytona. That’s a track I can call tomac to win at every year. But yeah I’d love to see kenny win it
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
2/24/2019 8:37pm
TymeMoto wrote:
Same here, I think KR has more in the pocket but (my opinion) there is a possibilty he has a little mental block about pulling the trigger. With what he has been through maybe at this point he is ok with where he is at in the points.

I fully expect him to up his game soon. 100% rooting for him this year.
Mit12
2/24/2019 8:52pm
Webb is on a roll so far he has been able to limit his mistakes and get 4 wins along the way. Tomac is more than capable of getting on a roll and rack up some wins but he has a tendency to make big mistakes that causes him to loose huge points at a time. I say Webb has the advantage going forward.
struth
2/24/2019 10:15pm
Still wide open between the top 4.
2/24/2019 10:34pm
I think the question is who will be first (if at all) to have a really bad night.. from here on
Ranman68
2/24/2019 11:59pm
At first I thought Webb was riding over his head and just getting lucky (not crashing). I figured at any time he would crash or something, but after hauling ass like that and riding so fiercely for so many rounds/laps without incident, I changed my mind. The dude is actually that good and no doubt going to get better as he goes. Last night in the triple Crown I saw how he could overcome an off night and still come out excellent. I think he's got the edge. Tomac may have more speed at times, but overall (starts, positioning, speed, consistency, not affected by pressure, etc) I believe Webb is the best guy right now.
Ranman68
2/25/2019 12:05am
As far as Daytona goes, just watch Webb's performance last year when he was struggling and not the rider he is this year. He got a solid 3rd and had to pass very good riders to get there. He's good at Daytona. With evetythinv better this year (bike, conditioning, confidence) I think Webb straight up winning Daytona is a decent bet. I believe the only one with a shot at beating Webb at Daytona (barring a crash by Webb) is Tomac. Even then I think tomac will have to start near the front of the field and ride his ass off. Just my prediction
cwtoyota
2/25/2019 12:40am
I think the question is who will be first (if at all) to have a really bad night.. from here on
Seattle round will all but guarantee one of them has a crappy race.
It's a shit-show of a track every year, and they've moved the date closer to the crappy weather.
gantry25
2/25/2019 9:52am
Scull79 wrote:
I have to laugh when I read this "mentally strong" in regards to Webb. The guy spent the previous two years of racing motocross and supercross as a mental wreck. His 2019 competition has been handicapped by pre-season injuries.

He has been fortunate in the beginning rounds of supercross in that Eli has only now after 7 rounds, found his 2017 and 2018 pace. He was hurt pre-season and on a new bike.

Marvin was also hurt and is taking time to get up to speed.

Kenny is fast and is in the championship hunt but speed wise is just a tick off. Interesting to see if he can find just a little more speed, would be great to see him win one of these.

After Eli so dominated Detroit, Cooper is worried that Eli really has found his 2017-2018 form and will rattle off a bunch of wins. Straight up Cooper doesn't have the speed to run with Tomac when Tomac is on. But then again there isn't a rider in the world that can run with Tomac when he is on.
ATKpilot99
2/25/2019 12:08pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2019 12:09pm
Has anyone ever won the Premier SX title without a win?
Nope. Jeff Ward only had one win in 85. Not as many events though.
gt80rider
2/25/2019 12:10pm
All that speed, can Webb keep it on two wheels for the rest of the 450 sx series? He isn't known for consistency, he is known for raw dominant speed, or opting to chill out in 5th-10th place. The 450 class is all new pressure to him, where as ET3, K-Roc, Marv, etc, have all been there for 450 title chases.

ET3 could still be a head case, Marv is fast but hasn't asserted himself up front yet, K-Roc is still getting things together after a pair of insane injuries, it certainly is there for the taking, who is gonna show they have what the others do not??????

Post a reply to: Who has the edge?

The Latest