Who has a YZ250x?

Edited Date/Time 5/25/2018 10:33am
Just wondering what people think of it for general riding, 50/50 Moto and trails. It looks super fun but I'm not sure how it would be coming off a 2016 KX450. I love the 450 for Moto but it wears me out and it's not great on tight trails
|
ratonmacias
5/17/2018 10:27pm Edited Date/Time 5/17/2018 10:31pm
I do. But im 5'5" and 140 pounds. I love it. i have never owned a 450. A good friend of mine Is probably 6' and 190# and went from a 450f to the yzx. After setting UP the suspension he says its a really fun bike.
tobz
5/18/2018 3:22pm
Love mine. Has a rekluse and a pro circuit with a few other bits n pieces. Smooth but still boogies enough to get me into trouble.
5/18/2018 9:51pm
I do. 280lbs here. Coming off a 09 yz 450 and a 13 yz 450. We have a stock 16 250X and a 17 with a 293cc bore kit. Great bikes for both Vet moto and Harescrambles.

The Shop

5/19/2018 10:21am Edited Date/Time 5/19/2018 10:21am
It's the best 50/50 bike out there.

Spring it for your weight and go.
WoodsRacer
Fantasy
2893rd
5/22/2018 8:25am
Just picked up an '18 YZ250X this spring after 7 years on various KTM 2 stroke.

Overall after about 10hrs on the bike I am very happy with it.

First the price, $1200+ cheaper than a KTM. Goes a long ways in aftermarket updates to help the bike fit you.

Second the suspension is awesome, especially the forks. Had it sprung for my weight and no changes to the valving and I love it in the woods or on the moto track. (I'm roughly a top to mid pack B guy in the woods and Vet B on moto so nothing crazy on speed over here)

Third the overall handling, while the suspension is great I struggled for the first couple rides with the front end sliding. For sure not as good in the corners as my KTM was but I also had years of comfort built into that setup. Each ride on my new YZx is getting drastically better in the corners.

Power is awesome. I did change to a Pro Circuit pipe, little less hit on the bottom really helps to smooth out that transition for woods riding. Then pulls hard and long on the top end, super happy with the pipe and overall power of the bike.

Lastly just to sum it up I am very happy with the bike and would highly recommend one.

jankymike
5/22/2018 8:28am
I've tested them over the years, great bike! I've moto'd it as well as raced it in Tecate at the enduro, its a great balance of moto and off-road!
2stroked
5/23/2018 7:40am
WoodsRacer wrote:
Just picked up an '18 YZ250X this spring after 7 years on various KTM 2 stroke. Overall after about 10hrs on the bike I am very...

First the price, $1200+ cheaper than a KTM. Goes a long ways in aftermarket updates to help the bike fit you.

Second the suspension is awesome, especially the forks. Had it sprung for my weight and no changes to the valving and I love it in the woods or on the moto track. (I'm roughly a top to mid pack B guy in the woods and Vet B on moto so nothing crazy on speed over here)

Third the overall handling, while the suspension is great I struggled for the first couple rides with the front end sliding. For sure not as good in the corners as my KTM was but I also had years of comfort built into that setup. Each ride on my new YZx is getting drastically better in the corners.

Power is awesome. I did change to a Pro Circuit pipe, little less hit on the bottom really helps to smooth out that transition for woods riding. Then pulls hard and long on the top end, super happy with the pipe and overall power of the bike.

Lastly just to sum it up I am very happy with the bike and would highly recommend one.

set your sag at 102mm, move your forks up in the clamps to 3/4 from top of the fork tube to the top of the upper triple clamp. My YZ250 turns and handles better than any KTM I've ever been on. doesnt turn like my '95 CR250 or a RM250, but it's surprisingly good. Straight line stability is solid as well.
2stroked
5/23/2018 7:45am
WoodsRacer wrote:
Just picked up an '18 YZ250X this spring after 7 years on various KTM 2 stroke. Overall after about 10hrs on the bike I am very...

Here's a pic of my fork height for reference. If the rear end feels a little squirrely back the high speed out of the shock all the way (counterclockwise) until ti stops, then go back in 1/4 clockwise and ride it. Helps with the stability and gets rid of the tailwag.
WoodsRacer
Fantasy
2893rd
5/25/2018 10:33am
WoodsRacer wrote:

2stroked wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/05/23/263604/s1200_fork.jpg[/img] Here's a pic of my fork height for reference. If the rear end feels a little squirrely back the high speed out of the shock...

Here's a pic of my fork height for reference. If the rear end feels a little squirrely back the high speed out of the shock all the way (counterclockwise) until ti stops, then go back in 1/4 clockwise and ride it. Helps with the stability and gets rid of the tailwag.
Thanks a ton for the info!

I have slid my forks up a touch and its helped but not to that level yet. Headed out riding tomorrow so I will try your recommendations.

Thanks again!

Post a reply to: Who has a YZ250x?

The Latest