Who hauls their bike in a bad a** Toyota?

6/3/2018 5:30am
kkawboy14 wrote:
I only buy American made stuff....
Where was your TV made? Phone? Computer? All your clothes? Get outta here with that nonsense, lol
logan_140
6/3/2018 6:19am
at687 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/02/14/244165/s1200_20171227_104208.jpg[/img] Still trying to figure out how to put a hitch on my GSF. . . Until then, I take my silverado to the tracks but...

Still trying to figure out how to put a hitch on my GSF. . . Until then, I take my silverado to the tracks but the new tundra pro has been catching my eyes recently.. some nice trucks in this thread
logan_140 wrote:
I have a hitch on my Mazda, about to head to central Florida Mx with it as we speak
Quick stop at publix for a sub and off I️ go!
ktmdan
6/3/2018 6:33am
I do some R&D work for Toyota, and the amount of time and effort they put into it is impressive. I currently drive an '02 tundra and my next truck will be a Tacoma. I work with a guy who has 440,000 miles on his tundra.
newmann
6/3/2018 7:41am Edited Date/Time 6/3/2018 7:43am
ktmdan wrote:
I do some R&D work for Toyota, and the amount of time and effort they put into it is impressive. I currently drive an '02 tundra...
I do some R&D work for Toyota, and the amount of time and effort they put into it is impressive. I currently drive an '02 tundra and my next truck will be a Tacoma. I work with a guy who has 440,000 miles on his tundra.
How about telling the brain dead fuggers to put a real bed on the Crew Max Tundra and add some actual usable storage space to the rear seat area. I'm about fed up with my TuRD PRO. Tossed a mountain bike into the bed the other day and it wouldn't fit. Had to climb in and reposition it. Then tossed in a weed eater and edger which had to lay halfway over the bike and wedge in at the tailgate. Such a useless ass design for a truck that runs and drives so good. Just can't understand how a company such as Toyota can be so blind.

I have a feeling I'll be back in a Hispanic Canadian American Diversity wagon again. Hopefully it has retained some trade value...Laughing

I do still have my 17 year old F250, what a great truck it has been. Rough riding, heavy as can be, clattering noisy diesel, can haul a mountain of rocks AND still have room for the mountain bike, and can drag anything it can't haul. Can haul two to three dirt bikes and still shut the tailgate on the short bed. All that and it still knocks down 1.5 mpg better than the new Tundra.

By the way, the old school Haro was donated to some local needy kids so don't go mocking my ride!

The Shop

newmann
6/3/2018 7:48am
Still not sure about Jabroni preferring to drive a vehicle built by depressed suicidal Japanese over pill popping Americans.Laughing
Tuzzo123
6/3/2018 10:04am
racerx217 wrote:
Not really badass but my new 18 Tundra TRD and my Yz450f. Its a change over my normal domestic i think its growing on me. I...
Not really badass but my new 18 Tundra TRD and my Yz450f. Its a change over my normal domestic i think its growing on me. I have a lot more time not having to take it do the dealer to get fixed like all my GM's.

Hahahahaha. It's ok, I'll pull you out of that snow bank you look like you're stuck in with my Chevy. Funny, I never have mine in the SHOP. Could be operator error?
p3fab
6/3/2018 12:01pm

My 1993 fj80 land cruiser. Sadly it is for sale if anyone is looking for a timeless classic
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
6/3/2018 1:20pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
Where was your TV made? Phone? Computer? All your clothes? Get outta here with that nonsense, lol
Must be riding a Cobra
Hallzilla
6/4/2018 9:29am
kkawboy14 wrote:
newmann wrote:
Made in your back yard isn't 'Merican enough? You must drive one of those Mexican Ram's or Canadian Gubmint Motors? Or a Ford built in Canada...
Made in your back yard isn't 'Merican enough? You must drive one of those Mexican Ram's or Canadian Gubmint Motors? Or a Ford built in Canada with Mexican parts?
He never said he was smart
6/4/2018 9:45am
ktmdan wrote:
I do some R&D work for Toyota, and the amount of time and effort they put into it is impressive. I currently drive an '02 tundra...
newmann wrote:
How about telling the brain dead fuggers to put a real bed on the Crew Max Tundra and add some actual usable storage space to the...
How about telling the brain dead fuggers to put a real bed on the Crew Max Tundra and add some actual usable storage space to the rear seat area. I'm about fed up with my TuRD PRO. Tossed a mountain bike into the bed the other day and it wouldn't fit. Had to climb in and reposition it. Then tossed in a weed eater and edger which had to lay halfway over the bike and wedge in at the tailgate. Such a useless ass design for a truck that runs and drives so good. Just can't understand how a company such as Toyota can be so blind.

I have a feeling I'll be back in a Hispanic Canadian American Diversity wagon again. Hopefully it has retained some trade value...Laughing

I do still have my 17 year old F250, what a great truck it has been. Rough riding, heavy as can be, clattering noisy diesel, can haul a mountain of rocks AND still have room for the mountain bike, and can drag anything it can't haul. Can haul two to three dirt bikes and still shut the tailgate on the short bed. All that and it still knocks down 1.5 mpg better than the new Tundra.

By the way, the old school Haro was donated to some local needy kids so don't go mocking my ride!

Shits all over the American trucks in one post then talks about all the reasons why his 17 year old American truck is better than the new one he just got done praising. Only on Vital.
jankymike
6/4/2018 9:57am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2018 9:58am
Not my truck, its works (Total Chaos) but I take it to different events and such. I have a 2000 Tacoma for my DD
newmann
6/4/2018 10:23am
Shits all over the American trucks in one post then talks about all the reasons why his 17 year old American truck is better than the...
Shits all over the American trucks in one post then talks about all the reasons why his 17 year old American truck is better than the new one he just got done praising. Only on Vital.
Reading comprehension not your strong point?
newmann
6/4/2018 10:26am
kkawboy14 wrote:
newmann wrote:
Made in your back yard isn't 'Merican enough? You must drive one of those Mexican Ram's or Canadian Gubmint Motors? Or a Ford built in Canada...
Made in your back yard isn't 'Merican enough? You must drive one of those Mexican Ram's or Canadian Gubmint Motors? Or a Ford built in Canada with Mexican parts?
Hallzilla wrote:
He never said he was smart
His sarcasm was a little thick, so was mine.Wink
ktmdan
6/4/2018 5:18pm
Cracks me up when people say how American their Ford/Chevy pickups are.
DJV804
6/4/2018 5:21pm
ktmdan wrote:
Cracks me up when people say how American their Ford/Chevy pickups are.
Actually the Tundra and F-150 are tied as the most American made half-tons out there. So just Chevy guys should crack you up.
AZRider
6/4/2018 6:21pm
Long time ago i gave up on American trucks. While the tundra interior sucks, the truck is reliable beyond any american made truck i have ever owned. I currently have a long bed(8ft) crew cab tundra with 205k. A land cruiser with 298k, a lexus gx470(toyota land cruiser prado) with 265k, and a lexus LS430 with 200k miles. All of them have gotten nothing beyond normal maintenance. My moms gx470 that i bought her has 200k and i have multiple friends with over 400k and know 1 guy with 950k on a lexus gx460. Anyone who questions toyota reliability is ignorant. Dont get me wrong. Gm/ford/Ram could all do this if they wanted, but their business model would suffer. Go overseas to 3rd world countries and look whats being driven. It isnt GM/Ford/Ram.
newmann
6/4/2018 8:04pm
My new Tundra which got about 10-11 mpg towing a 6x12 utility trailer with a few bike on it has a 38 gallon fuel tank.Laughing

Contrary to what the wankerbeater above commented about me, my complaints about domestic trucks as well as the Crew Max Tundra have always been consistent.
newmann
6/4/2018 8:08pm
motoxxx599 wrote:

Schwing.....

Only question here is how the hell do you load bikes in the back? The new ones sit so damn high stock. It's like a 6 inch lift on my 2001 model might get me up there with the 17/18 models. Had one in the shop the other day and was looking at it trying to figure out how much I could lower one without it looking goofy.Laughing
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
6/4/2018 9:33pm
Newmann, my midsize chevy can haul a street bike, with a toolbox, cooler, 7' ramps, and some other shit. Tongue

newmann
6/4/2018 9:48pm
colintrax wrote:
Newmann, my midsize chevy can haul a street bike, with a toolbox, cooler, 7' ramps, and some other shit. :P [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/06/04/265953/s1200_20180603_140328.jpg[/img]
Newmann, my midsize chevy can haul a street bike, with a toolbox, cooler, 7' ramps, and some other shit. Tongue

You'll impress me when you load that 3480 pound pallet of river rock in it that I posted up above. Maybe Ezza can help you out?

I really love the TuRD PRO, so much so that I bought it knowing I was going to hate the micro midget bed. Just didn't think I was going to hate it this much...Blush I've bashed the dimwits at Toyota over that for years and yet still wanted a Tundra ever since.

Previous post from the Vital Archives. Maybe some of you can still see the Photobucket pics.

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/moto-related,20/so-i-tell-the-toyota-guy…
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
6/4/2018 10:22pm
newmann wrote:
You'll impress me when you load that 3480 pound pallet of river rock in it that I posted up above. Maybe Ezza can help you out...
You'll impress me when you load that 3480 pound pallet of river rock in it that I posted up above. Maybe Ezza can help you out?

I really love the TuRD PRO, so much so that I bought it knowing I was going to hate the micro midget bed. Just didn't think I was going to hate it this much...Blush I've bashed the dimwits at Toyota over that for years and yet still wanted a Tundra ever since.

Previous post from the Vital Archives. Maybe some of you can still see the Photobucket pics.

Lol payload capacity is like 1700lbs. The pallet of river rocks is going on the trailer

Your TuRD does have a killer engine. Just the rest of the truck is ehh and I gotta push your buttons Wink
MelonFan123
6/5/2018 7:38am
newmann wrote:
You'll impress me when you load that 3480 pound pallet of river rock in it that I posted up above. Maybe Ezza can help you out...

Newman, sometimes I feel like you like to complain just to complain.

You have a bad ass TRD Pro and for all the things you don't like about it (storage, bed space, payload capacity) you have a 3/4 ton HD diesel truck to fill those needs. Life is good, two trucks to check of all boxes - so whats the problem again?

Have you seen these for storage solutions? https://www.esptruck.com/tundra-crewmax-storage
jankymike
6/5/2018 7:52am
AZRider wrote:
Long time ago i gave up on American trucks. While the tundra interior sucks, the truck is reliable beyond any american made truck i have ever...
Long time ago i gave up on American trucks. While the tundra interior sucks, the truck is reliable beyond any american made truck i have ever owned. I currently have a long bed(8ft) crew cab tundra with 205k. A land cruiser with 298k, a lexus gx470(toyota land cruiser prado) with 265k, and a lexus LS430 with 200k miles. All of them have gotten nothing beyond normal maintenance. My moms gx470 that i bought her has 200k and i have multiple friends with over 400k and know 1 guy with 950k on a lexus gx460. Anyone who questions toyota reliability is ignorant. Dont get me wrong. Gm/ford/Ram could all do this if they wanted, but their business model would suffer. Go overseas to 3rd world countries and look whats being driven. It isnt GM/Ford/Ram.
Toyota has gotten a little worse in the last 13 years, but never the less they are still the longest lasting vehicles on the road. Every company has some planned obsolescence IMO but Toyota is the least offender. My 2000 Tacoma has 279,000 on it all original and my wife has a GX470 that we bought with 140,000 on it. I would never buy a domestic with 140,000........
MelonFan123
6/5/2018 11:48am
jankymike wrote:
Toyota has gotten a little worse in the last 13 years, but never the less they are still the longest lasting vehicles on the road. Every...
Toyota has gotten a little worse in the last 13 years, but never the less they are still the longest lasting vehicles on the road. Every company has some planned obsolescence IMO but Toyota is the least offender. My 2000 Tacoma has 279,000 on it all original and my wife has a GX470 that we bought with 140,000 on it. I would never buy a domestic with 140,000........
all that is the exact reason I bought my Tundra new in 15. I plan on keeping it a good 7-10 years and I know with basic maintenance and upkeep it will keep ticking well into the 6 digit mileage, no problem. My previous Ford product started to have issues at 180k at 9 years old (which i thought was a good run).

BTW i like your Taco, you guys make some bad as stuff at TC
enketchum
6/5/2018 11:53am
There are a lot of pavement princesses in here...

I've never hauled my bike in the truck because my wife rides a quad and we use a trailer to tow both.

Post a reply to: Who hauls their bike in a bad a** Toyota?

The Latest