Who hauls their bike in a bad a** Toyota?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/11/2018 9:20 AM

Anyone else in here drive a Taco? Photo

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

2/11/2018 9:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/11/2018 9:21 AM

TRD Pro.

Photo

|

Part of Speech: Noun

Definition: A loser, poser, lame-ass. One who talks the talk, but could never walk the walk.

One who talks shit and doesn't back it up, but rather ends up eating their shit in return. A fuckin 'tard.


Usage: Slang

2/11/2018 9:25 AM

Jabroni wrote:

TRD Pro.

Photo

Love that truck. Been lusting over 17 TRD Pro cement Tundras.

|

2/11/2018 9:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/11/2018 9:30 AM

2016 Taco TRD Sport, Access cab, Inferno. 6 MT. Clazzio seat covers are the bomb!

|

.

2/11/2018 9:30 AM

Jabroni wrote:

TRD Pro.

Photo

I have one of those too. Great truck in many ways but damn that micro midget bed. Also, for such a huge cab, the lack of storage space is mind boggling. It's like the designers all sat around trying to figure out ways to screw up a great product. That cheap ass plastic steering wheel with the leather package? I bought the leather wheel from the Platinum package for mine. Much nicer. Oldest son bought me the three bin storage that fits in under the rear seats when you cut the carpet and Styrofoam out.

|

2/11/2018 9:38 AM

Mines the little red Chevy haha. Never realized how small my tires really are until this day Photo

|

2/11/2018 9:42 AM

Jabroni wrote:

TRD Pro.

Photo

WhiteTaco wrote:

Love that truck. Been lusting over 17 TRD Pro cement Tundras.

I absolutely love my truck. Literally no other vehicle I’d rather have at the moment.

|

Part of Speech: Noun

Definition: A loser, poser, lame-ass. One who talks the talk, but could never walk the walk.

One who talks shit and doesn't back it up, but rather ends up eating their shit in return. A fuckin 'tard.


Usage: Slang

2/11/2018 9:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/11/2018 3:53 PM

Jabroni wrote:

TRD Pro.

Photo

newmann wrote:

I have one of those too. Great truck in many ways but damn that micro midget bed. Also, for such a huge cab, the lack of storage space is mind boggling. It's like the designers all sat around trying to figure out ways to screw up a great product. That cheap ass plastic steering wheel with the leather package? I bought the leather wheel from the Platinum package for mine. Much nicer. Oldest son bought me the three bin storage that fits in under the rear seats when you cut the carpet and Styrofoam out.

Here’s my theory...

Toyota knew they had made WAY too many base model Tundras and needed to dump inventory.

So they gave their CHEAPEST model some TRD leather, TRD dual exhaust, TRD suspension, stamped the bed w/ TRD, and gave them a rare paint color. All of a sudden they’ve turned excess inventory into a truck that fanbois like myself just had to have.

The truck has no sun roof. And all the luxury features of the better models aren’t available.

That said, I love the truck. I LOVE the cab space considering my last vegicle was a BMW X6. The rear seats in the Tundra fold up nicely and that’s enough for me.

I dont regret this purchase at all.

|

Part of Speech: Noun

Definition: A loser, poser, lame-ass. One who talks the talk, but could never walk the walk.

One who talks shit and doesn't back it up, but rather ends up eating their shit in return. A fuckin 'tard.


Usage: Slang

2/11/2018 10:03 AM

Racer111 wrote:

Anyone else in here drive a Taco? Photo

The way you have your truck set up is perfect! Here's my 02 First Gen Tundra. Photo

|

Vital Mx is not safe...

2/11/2018 10:10 AM

I ate some Tacos last night, they were yummy.

|

2/11/2018 10:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/14/2018 6:30 PM

I have a Toyota TRD after driving fords, Rams, and Chevys just to try something new. Although the truck serves its purpose and looks kinda cool I find the interior to be total plastic and rubber crap and it does not drive as nice as my last truck the Ram Laramie. The Hemi would smoke the Toyota and the ride quality cannot compare.

|

2/11/2018 10:53 AM

My other one. Photo

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

2/11/2018 10:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/11/2018 10:57 AM

‘14 Tundra DC, 6” lift, 20s with 35s. Love my Yota.

Photo
Photo

|

2/11/2018 11:05 AM

Jabroni wrote:

Here’s my theory...

Toyota knew they had made WAY too many base model Tundras and needed to dump inventory.

So they gave their CHEAPEST model some TRD leather, TRD dual exhaust, TRD suspension, stamped the bed w/ TRD, and gave them a rare paint color. All of a sudden they’ve turned excess inventory into a truck that fanbois like myself just had to have.

The truck has no sun roof. And all the luxury features of the better models aren’t available.

That said, I love the truck. I LOVE the cab space considering my last vegicle was a BMW X6. The rear seats in the Tundra fold up nicely and that’s enough for me.

I dont regret this purchase at all.

The truck has no sun roof. And all the luxury features of the better models aren’t available.

And that played a huge part in me buying mine. It runs great, handles great, looks pretty great, is comfortable, has no excess sensors, intelligent braking or cruise, no leaky sunroof, no blind spot monitors, no lane assist, no 360 view cameras(does have backup cam...I like but often times forget to use), you get the picture. Most of the features, lights, a/c, wipers are all controlled by knobs and levers. Very little automated or touch screen/mouse pad action going on. It for the most part is a pretty basic truck.
|

2/11/2018 11:10 AM

My wife has a ‘18 4Runner that replaced a ‘14 4Runner. Same chassis and drive train as the Tacoma. My first Toyota product. I love that thing. I pull a 21foot Chaparral Ski Boat without reservation and with ease. Really impressed with it.

|

2/11/2018 11:42 AM

Well, not one of those large models, but I drove this baby for about fifteen years.
Bought is used for around $3,800.00 and drove it up to 450K miles. Did the clutches, head
gaskets and stuff myself. Kept it in tip top shape. Got 22mpg the entire time.
Still had original rotating assembly and used barely any oil. Never once failed to start or let me down anywhere, ever.
Passed smog no problem every time.

Head gasket was starting to go recently and, as much as it pained me, I felt it was time
for something different. Sold it for $1,500.00 (yes, the new owner knew it needed a head gasket.)
You do the math, it was like I was getting paid to drive that truck. That thing frigging ruled.
*Is now getting misty eyed over The Mighty Toyota*Photo

Photo

|

2/11/2018 12:01 PM

FWYT wrote:

Well, not one of those large models, but I drove this baby for about fifteen years.
Bought is used for around $3,800.00 and drove it up to 450K miles. Did the clutches, head
gaskets and stuff myself. Kept it in tip top shape. Got 22mpg the entire time.
Still had original rotating assembly and used barely any oil. Never once failed to start or let me down anywhere, ever.
Passed smog no problem every time.

Head gasket was starting to go recently and, as much as it pained me, I felt it was time
for something different. Sold it for $1,500.00 (yes, the new owner knew it needed a head gasket.)
You do the math, it was like I was getting paid to drive that truck. That thing frigging ruled.
*Is now getting misty eyed over The Mighty Toyota*Photo

Photo

Now that I like, clean little truck.

I still have a craving for an older one. One day, I'll find a nice one like this.

Photo

|

2/11/2018 12:04 PM

I put mine on the back of this taco Photo

|

2/11/2018 12:04 PM

I went with a truck with more than 100 HP whistling

Photo

|

2/11/2018 12:18 PM

Not really badass but my new 18 Tundra TRD and my Yz450f. Its a change over my normal domestic i think its growing on me. I have a lot more time not having to take it do the dealer to get fixed like all my GM's.


Photo

|

2/11/2018 12:23 PM

Photo

Photo

Now that I have a van it’s been relieved of bike hauling duties, but it did the job well for 6+ years for me and since it was new for my dad.
|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com



2/11/2018 1:46 PM

Does Toyota do pickups with real beds, or just soccer dad sized ones?

|

2/11/2018 2:03 PM

Got a couple of them.

2016 Access Cab TRD Off-Road with the 6MT

Photo

2009 Tundra RegCab Short Box

Photo

|

2/11/2018 2:04 PM

I actually looked it up after I posted, they do offer a 8 foot bed on the Tundras, nice.

|

2/11/2018 2:15 PM

They were number 1 on my list to buy, until I looked at the sticker prices. Needless to say I, sadly, walked away.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

2/11/2018 2:23 PM

Ebs wrote:

I actually looked it up after I posted, they do offer a 8 foot bed on the Tundras, nice.

Yes, but only on the standard and "double cab"/extended cab. You would think they would be able to offer a 6 1/2 footer on the Crew Max Tundra.

|

2/11/2018 2:24 PM

I only buy American made stuff....

|

2/11/2018 2:26 PM

Can't deal with the midget bed and ridiculous cost. Finding a crew cab with a 6ft bed in dealer stock is next to impossible in my area. Good trucks though for the right application.

|

2/11/2018 2:28 PM

kkawboy14 wrote:

I only buy American made stuff....

Made in your back yard isn't 'Merican enough? You must drive one of those Mexican Ram's or Canadian Gubmint Motors? Or a Ford built in Canada with Mexican parts?

|

2/11/2018 2:30 PM

Still waiting to see a bad ass Toyota.....

|