Who do you think the oldest ex-pro is that would still qualify?

agn5009
11/25/2019 12:05pm
agn5009 wrote:
If Brown were to qualify I believe he'd be outside the top 20. Brown can ride laps around Carsten and Grew. To me, that says Carsten...
If Brown were to qualify I believe he'd be outside the top 20. Brown can ride laps around Carsten and Grew. To me, that says Carsten and Grew probably wouldn't be able to qualify. It's an opinion, just like yours. Neither has been proven factually correct so dont act like yours has been.
Ok tough guy. I literally said potentially qualify right in my post yet you’re calling me out as acting like it’s ”factually correct”? Thanks for reminding...
Ok tough guy. I literally said potentially qualify right in my post yet you’re calling me out as acting like it’s ”factually correct”? Thanks for reminding me why I don’t post here often.
Tough guy? I didn't realize I posted anything tough or threatening. Maybe you should log off the internet if that post is what upsets you.
agn5009
11/25/2019 12:06pm
RCMXracing wrote:
Saturday results and lap times from GH Vet nationals, 40 and 50 pro. Different times during the day so not apples/apples. Nicoll wicked fast but thinking...
Saturday results and lap times from GH Vet nationals, 40 and 50 pro. Different times during the day so not apples/apples. Nicoll wicked fast but thinking not gonna qualify for a National when looking at times from Keefer and Brown. Thoughts?

And Keefer was pretty far off qualifying pace at both Hangtown and Pala in his attempt last season.

The kids are insanely fast.
Yep. And Keefer is a super fast vet guy.
Mr. Afterbar
11/25/2019 12:10pm
agn5009 wrote:
Tough guy? I didn't realize I posted anything tough or threatening. Maybe you should log off the internet if that post is what upsets you.
Not upset here. Just don’t need no tough guys telling me how to act. Tongue
Torco1
11/25/2019 12:19pm
Gary Dell'Abate

The Shop

Forty
11/25/2019 12:19pm
I think of Ezra Lusk put some seat time in he would still qualify. How old is he now?
jonesaustin
11/25/2019 1:42pm
If you told Bradshaw you'd pay him five million if he could train just to qualify for a supercross, I'm sure he could do it.
davis224
Fantasy
182nd
11/25/2019 2:01pm
Forty wrote:
I think of Ezra Lusk put some seat time in he would still qualify. How old is he now?
I think I've read that he doesn't even ride anymore, could be wrong.
O&GDriller
11/25/2019 3:10pm
O&GDriller wrote:
You sir are wrong. I get to watch and ride with numerous current and retired pros on a daily/weekly basis. One of the retired pros is...
You sir are wrong. I get to watch and ride with numerous current and retired pros on a daily/weekly basis. One of the retired pros is 42 and can turn a lap at very similar speed as some of today's top 10 pros on the SX or MX track.

As a matter of fact, one of the "old" pros set a new lap record several weeks ago on a pro practice day on the outdoor track. The "old" pro was riding red, sporting the #41 and having an absolute blast/fun.

An older ex-pro (i.e., 42 years old) got tired of hearing the kids he was training mouthing off about how fast they were. He geared up and proceeded to turn a couple laps quicker than they before putting his bike away and smiling at them. They felt like fools.

Granted, the older guys only have a few hot laps in them but they can still turn qualifying lap times.
You talking about Reynard and Canard?
agn5009 wrote:
Notice how I mentioned guys who retired 20+ year ago? Canard isn't even old enough to run the vet class. I dont know why you'd even...
Notice how I mentioned guys who retired 20+ year ago? Canard isn't even old enough to run the vet class. I dont know why you'd even consider including him. A 20 something year old can qualify? Color me shocked. And Reynard is 42. So are you telling me that since I clearly referenced guys who retired 20+ years ago, Reynard retired when he was about 22 years old?
This thread took off on a tangent talking about the speed of retired pros, regardless of age. I digressed away from the OP's subject as did others. I guess I apologize for contributing.

The only point I was making is just because they retired doesn't mean they lost their speed. It usually just means they got tired of living in pain, not eating and working out to the extreme. It just means they wanted a life...

FWIW, Robbie "retired" in 2009 at the age of 32. Although last summer (i.e., summer of 2018) I was talking with him and he was toying with the thought of racing an outdoor National just for the hell of it. His schedule and business didn't allow him to pursue his desire to do it. I think his body might have been a contributing factor in the equation as well. He's been through a lot of rehab...
agn5009
11/25/2019 3:56pm
You talking about Reynard and Canard?
agn5009 wrote:
Notice how I mentioned guys who retired 20+ year ago? Canard isn't even old enough to run the vet class. I dont know why you'd even...
Notice how I mentioned guys who retired 20+ year ago? Canard isn't even old enough to run the vet class. I dont know why you'd even consider including him. A 20 something year old can qualify? Color me shocked. And Reynard is 42. So are you telling me that since I clearly referenced guys who retired 20+ years ago, Reynard retired when he was about 22 years old?
O&GDriller wrote:
This thread took off on a tangent talking about the speed of retired pros, regardless of age. I digressed away from the OP's subject as did...
This thread took off on a tangent talking about the speed of retired pros, regardless of age. I digressed away from the OP's subject as did others. I guess I apologize for contributing.

The only point I was making is just because they retired doesn't mean they lost their speed. It usually just means they got tired of living in pain, not eating and working out to the extreme. It just means they wanted a life...

FWIW, Robbie "retired" in 2009 at the age of 32. Although last summer (i.e., summer of 2018) I was talking with him and he was toying with the thought of racing an outdoor National just for the hell of it. His schedule and business didn't allow him to pursue his desire to do it. I think his body might have been a contributing factor in the equation as well. He's been through a lot of rehab...
I would love to see him give it a go
Bud224
11/25/2019 4:32pm
Adam43 wrote:
It's a fun question because there are a lot of past stars that are just on the cusp of it still being plausible. The Nationals one...
It's a fun question because there are a lot of past stars that are just on the cusp of it still being plausible.

The Nationals one lap qualifying would be a challenge. The "prep" would be the big variable, but I think that it's highly possible that Dowd, McGrath, Stanton, Bradshaw, Albertyn, Emig, Hughes, and Lamson would make it - all currently in their late 40s to mid 50s.

Nicoll and Dubach maybe at GH. And Mike Brown of course could do it right now.

Making a main in Supercross? McGrath would be the oldest I would bet on.
Agree 100%...👍🏻👍🏻😎
Titanium
12/8/2019 5:13pm
What's Doug Dubach been up to lately? He's one of the fastest 50+ guys i've even seen ride..

Post a reply to: Who do you think the oldest ex-pro is that would still qualify?

The Latest