Who did some local racing this weekend?

5/7/2018 5:08am Edited Date/Time 5/9/2018 4:30pm
How’d you do? What classes did you race? Where did you race? How many entires for the event?

Local racing is AWESOME. I love hearing about it.
|
Spooner
5/7/2018 5:20am
I stayed home this weekend as I raced the last 3 in a row and needed a break. Did you go to KC Moto? What was turnout like?
Rickyisms
5/7/2018 5:28am
Raced my first hare scramble since october in Daytona, Florida. Ruts in the woods were over your footpegs, everyone was stuck everywhere, i was running lap times at around an hour. Finished 2nd after a long and stress filled race. This is only the 4th corner in with my goggles already tossed to the side of the track.
crusher773
5/7/2018 5:41am
I raced this weekend for the first time in a long while at Ascot Park in Dora, OK. Got a good jump the first one was side by side with 2nd into the 2nd corner and he started to slide the rear wheel. Then that dude swapped right back over into my front wheel. Slammed me into a berm ass over tea kettle. Don't know how I didn't get run over. Didn't get in a real big hurry getting up as there was just me and another guy in +30 I thought well this one is done. I get up broken visor hanging like RC Pontiac '05. I get going again front end twisted and get moving pretty good and start picking off a few guys in some of the other classes. Then there is the guy in my class crashed with another dude. He fires his bike right as I come by and gets back on right behind me. I put my head down and clicked off a few clean laps and stretched it out and won the moto. Won the 2nd on for the overall also, not a bad night except a broken visor. That's why you carry a spare. So you don't have to look like a squid the 2nd moto.
Springcreek
5/7/2018 5:46am
First Millville of the year, rode my 2018 YZ450F for the first time, 4 practices on Saturday, 50A and 55A on Sunday.
3rd OA in 55A, loved the new bike! feeling it today.

The Shop

Turbojez
5/7/2018 6:09am
2nd race this season in my local series. C class, 13th in moto 1, 10th in moto 2 for 10th overall. Full gates in every class, 160 riders participated.
Had a fuckin blast, even though I've got blisters on my blisters' blisters, screwed up both starts and I knew I wasn't ready for 20 minute motos yet. Track got pretty beat up, and my suspension was way too stiff. It was awesome.

5/7/2018 6:28am
Spooner wrote:
I stayed home this weekend as I raced the last 3 in a row and needed a break. Did you go to KC Moto? What was...
I stayed home this weekend as I raced the last 3 in a row and needed a break. Did you go to KC Moto? What was turnout like?
Healthy turnouts, just shy of 300 total. A class was stacked up- I ripped the holeshot in moto 1 of 250 A with great prejudice, and led for three laps but my 50 hour work week set in. Micheal Hicks from stl came in and cleaned house. Had ALL TIME back and forth battles with Berry, Fletchall, and Peterson especially in 450 A.

Track was national caliber. I was parked in the trees away from the track so I don’t know who did well outside of my classes, but I did see Broc Lassiter went 4 for 4 in the B classes- honorable mention.

Props to Missouri State Director Steve Halterman for guaranteed/posted payout and KTM for contingency.

ben990
5/7/2018 8:45am
I raced motocross at Palmyra, NY. The weather was great, and the turnout was 419 signups. I raced two classes, Sr. B and +50B. I had one of the best motos of my life in my 4th moto of the day in +50, and I went 2-2 for 1st overall. I was psyched... and now I am feeling it today. My legs and back are sore. I just took two Advil, and I will be doing some light cardio on my lunch break to get the cobwebs out.

The whole day was electrifying! (I ride an Alta, so do you get it?! Smile )

Pic from the scoring tower

95+ hours and no valve issues. Might be time to clean the air filter, change the tranny oil, and lube the clutch cable though...
Stuntman949
5/7/2018 2:26pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2018 2:27pm
AMA Big 6- Primm, NV
Revolution B
2nd wooo!
gt80rider
5/7/2018 2:57pm
ben990 wrote:
I raced motocross at Palmyra, NY. The weather was great, and the turnout was 419 signups. I raced two classes, Sr. B and +50B. I had...
I raced motocross at Palmyra, NY. The weather was great, and the turnout was 419 signups. I raced two classes, Sr. B and +50B. I had one of the best motos of my life in my 4th moto of the day in +50, and I went 2-2 for 1st overall. I was psyched... and now I am feeling it today. My legs and back are sore. I just took two Advil, and I will be doing some light cardio on my lunch break to get the cobwebs out.

The whole day was electrifying! (I ride an Alta, so do you get it?! Smile )

Pic from the scoring tower

95+ hours and no valve issues. Might be time to clean the air filter, change the tranny oil, and lube the clutch cable though...
But... how is the Gauss on the rotor (or if you are using on outrunner, Gauss on the outer mags)? Inspected/repacked/replaced the main shaft bearings lately? How closely are the cells balancing at this point?
AZRider
5/7/2018 3:17pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2018 3:21pm
Lazy River Motocross Southeast LL Area Qualfier. 45+ Raced 3 times since 2004 but wanted to see where I was at. I ride all the time, but not the same as racing. Got crappy starts both motos but came back to finish 6th OA.

Videos of both motos below. We were 2nd gate drop. Pathetic riding and not my normal flow. Chalk it up to being nervous about racing, I have 1 month before regional in Jacksonville, Florida to get my act together. I really struggled with not being aggressive both motos. Oh, well I was out racing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTFmYxNV9go&t=9s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU9ibZJujL0
JM485
5/7/2018 4:42pm
Raced all weekend at an event my friend put on called Endurofest. Saturday consisted of a prologue (intro to the hard enduro), a hillclimb, and an enduroclimb (this event is seriously going to take off in the next few years, everyone loves it and it's exciting as hell for spectators). Sunday was the hard enduro, and I swear to god I have never pushed myself like that before in my life. The course was designed with three sections: Bronze, Silver, and Gold, with each upping the difficulty level significantly. It was thought that no amateurs would really go for the gold loop, much less make it through, and that it would only be the top pros going for it. I ended up making it through, and holy hell was it insane, there were sections where it literally took 3 of us to get a single bike through. I'll tell you what though, when I crossed that finish line I haven't ever been so damn proud of myself, that was by far the hardest race I've ever done and I made it through some actions I never thought I'd be able to do. I don't know how many people finished but I think it was well under 20.

The crazy thing is, a lot of the SRT off-road team was there and they finished in under 40min! It took me about two hours, granted that was with helping others and working together to get to the finish, but these guys made it with no help and in under half the time! I seriously can't even comprehend how you could get through some of these sections with no help, I need to see video to believe they did it.Grinning
5/7/2018 5:09pm
Rickyisms wrote:
Raced my first hare scramble since october in Daytona, Florida. Ruts in the woods were over your footpegs, everyone was stuck everywhere, i was running lap...
Raced my first hare scramble since october in Daytona, Florida. Ruts in the woods were over your footpegs, everyone was stuck everywhere, i was running lap times at around an hour. Finished 2nd after a long and stress filled race. This is only the 4th corner in with my goggles already tossed to the side of the track.
my old man was racing silver b, said it was a mud fest and leaving was even worse.
SoCalMX70
5/7/2018 6:44pm
Raced at Cahuilla with OTHG and OTMX (Vet clubs, I'm an OTHG member). I didn't do well at all, especially for how good I've felt lately with my workouts. 1st Moto, put in 3 decent laps then dropped anchor. After the race I could barely talk and I ended up drinking like a gallon of water... So yeah, very dehydrated, my bad.

2nd Moto was going awesome, felt great and was battling a bit. Flat rear tire on 4th lap, pulled off.

I race Vet 30 Novice. Turn out was good, but I don't know the exact count.

This pic of me eating roost pretty much sums everything up:

mxandy963
5/7/2018 7:11pm
Big 6 at Primm. Not exactly local but... got 5th in 450B. Racing against dudes that are young enough to be my kids. 43 years young.
FWYT
5/7/2018 7:20pm
Well not this weekend, but last weekend. SRA GP at Glen Helen.
Rode 40+ AM. Not sure how I did; 6th or 7th or so? Had a shit load of fun.
Pouring sweat, blowing snot, 45 minute race and outta there by 10:30am.
No crashes, left healthy,
That's a good day!!!!
mxandy963
5/7/2018 7:47pm
FWYT wrote:
Well not this weekend, but last weekend. SRA GP at Glen Helen. Rode 40+ AM. Not sure how I did; 6th or 7th or so? Had...
That's a good day!!!!
Same here. Same class and same race. Fun course and great times. Just rode like shit. I love SRA. Back to back weekends have whooped me. Worth it though.
FWYT
5/7/2018 9:06pm
FWYT wrote:
Well not this weekend, but last weekend. SRA GP at Glen Helen. Rode 40+ AM. Not sure how I did; 6th or 7th or so? Had...
That's a good day!!!!
mxandy963 wrote:
Same here. Same class and same race. Fun course and great times. Just rode like shit. I love SRA. Back to back weekends have whooped me...
Same here. Same class and same race. Fun course and great times. Just rode like shit. I love SRA. Back to back weekends have whooped me. Worth it though.
Aw, dang! We'll have to say hello next time! Yeah, that course was a total blast. Always love racing there.
I ride a Honda 450, #66.
jeffro503
5/7/2018 9:12pm
Turbojez wrote:
2nd race this season in my local series. C class, 13th in moto 1, 10th in moto 2 for 10th overall. Full gates in every class...
2nd race this season in my local series. C class, 13th in moto 1, 10th in moto 2 for 10th overall. Full gates in every class, 160 riders participated.
Had a fuckin blast, even though I've got blisters on my blisters' blisters, screwed up both starts and I knew I wasn't ready for 20 minute motos yet. Track got pretty beat up, and my suspension was way too stiff. It was awesome.

Good turn out to brother! AND.....you have an RM!

No racing for me just yet. Just started riding two weeks ago , coming out of the winter. Need a few more weeks to prep myself , then I plan on lining up. Have a few bigger vet races planned in July , so I want to be ready for those.
jeffro503
5/7/2018 9:14pm
Spooner wrote:
I stayed home this weekend as I raced the last 3 in a row and needed a break. Did you go to KC Moto? What was...
Healthy turnouts, just shy of 300 total. A class was stacked up- I ripped the holeshot in moto 1 of 250 A with great prejudice, and...
Healthy turnouts, just shy of 300 total. A class was stacked up- I ripped the holeshot in moto 1 of 250 A with great prejudice, and led for three laps but my 50 hour work week set in. Micheal Hicks from stl came in and cleaned house. Had ALL TIME back and forth battles with Berry, Fletchall, and Peterson especially in 450 A.

Track was national caliber. I was parked in the trees away from the track so I don’t know who did well outside of my classes, but I did see Broc Lassiter went 4 for 4 in the B classes- honorable mention.

Props to Missouri State Director Steve Halterman for guaranteed/posted payout and KTM for contingency.

Great job Jeff!!
Sachmo831
5/7/2018 11:44pm
I didn't race this past weekend but two weeks ago I was at the Redbud grass race. It was my first time attending the grass race, but certainly won't be my last. Such a cool event that had a pretty good turnout. A first turn crash in the second moto has me repairing the bike this week.
Tuzzo123
5/8/2018 7:20am
Bulldogs MC on Sunday, D-14 here in Michigan.
Stuntman949
5/8/2018 7:36am
FWYT wrote:
That's a good day!!!!
mxandy963 wrote:
Same here. Same class and same race. Fun course and great times. Just rode like shit. I love SRA. Back to back weekends have whooped me...
FWYT wrote:
Aw, dang! We'll have to say hello next time! Yeah, that course was a total blast. Always love racing there.
I ride a Honda 450, #66.
I'll have to come say hi next round. I think I'll be sweeping on my YZ
dedi684
5/8/2018 9:52am Edited Date/Time 5/8/2018 9:53am
NESC MX @ MX207. 40+B YZ 250 2 stroke

5/8/2018 10:32am
Local race at Ernée this weekend. I was not riding, but some friends did.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
5/8/2018 10:39am
SoCalMX70 wrote:
Raced at Cahuilla with OTHG and OTMX (Vet clubs, I'm an OTHG member). I didn't do well at all, especially for how good I've felt lately...
Raced at Cahuilla with OTHG and OTMX (Vet clubs, I'm an OTHG member). I didn't do well at all, especially for how good I've felt lately with my workouts. 1st Moto, put in 3 decent laps then dropped anchor. After the race I could barely talk and I ended up drinking like a gallon of water... So yeah, very dehydrated, my bad.

2nd Moto was going awesome, felt great and was battling a bit. Flat rear tire on 4th lap, pulled off.

I'll be joining you in 2 1/2 years! OTHG always looks like fun. Can't wait to turn 30
crusher773
5/8/2018 10:48am
Soon as you hit 30 you start looking to turn 40. Hoping people get slower.
Ryguy125
5/8/2018 10:53am
Raced a local harescramble this past weekend. Top 5 in Open B when a shmuck cleans me out. 13 stitches later, Im good to go in 2 weeks the doc says.
SoCalMX70
5/8/2018 11:08am Edited Date/Time 5/8/2018 11:09am
SoCalMX70 wrote:
Raced at Cahuilla with OTHG and OTMX (Vet clubs, I'm an OTHG member). I didn't do well at all, especially for how good I've felt lately...

mattyhamz2 wrote:
I'll be joining you in 2 1/2 years! OTHG always looks like fun. Can't wait to turn 30
How about 6 months? The "30" class is actually ages 28 to 38 now. Cool

Edit: And if you're 28 in this calendar year, you can join now!
Rickyisms
5/8/2018 6:36pm
Rickyisms wrote:
Raced my first hare scramble since october in Daytona, Florida. Ruts in the woods were over your footpegs, everyone was stuck everywhere, i was running lap...
my old man was racing silver b, said it was a mud fest and leaving was even worse.
Yeah it was pretty nasty, my first HS since last October. Brand new KTM brake pads are done front and rear, chains done, bikes tore right now as I've been cleaning in between school and work. Definitely not my favorite race to date.

Post a reply to: Who did some local racing this weekend?

The Latest