Who could Ping possibly be talking about

5/25/2018 6:08pm Edited Date/Time 5/27/2018 12:33pm
So on 'ask ping' this week, in the comments, ping mentions that "many years ago he personally saw vials of hgh in the fridge of a CURRENT factory rider." Obviously I don't think that everybody in the sport is clean but for the most part, factory rider wise, I don't see who it could possibly be & how something like that wouldn't be "known".
|
5/25/2018 6:23pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
Mechanics can take it!
Hahaha 10 4. Didnt think of that! He did say "rider" tho. The "many years" part doesn't make too much sense to me as anyone currently riding a factory bike is 20-30 yrs old. Were they taking it as a young teen? If so, not so healthy for the body I wouldn't think in the long run.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
5/25/2018 6:40pm
Early 2010's. 250 rider now in the 450 class.

The Shop

EngIceDave
5/25/2018 6:59pm
You know how easy it is to be burned with a liability lawsuit?
You know how easy it is to basically lose,your job in this industry because “you know?”
Lot of people know of similar situations, but make your choice, your career and ability to provide for your family or making anonymous forum jockeys feel better about themselves for destroying a career based on past acts?
5/25/2018 7:01pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Thanks for the knowledge Mav! Injured at the current time? Lol So was this like a one season type deal or something of the past? Or does everyone know what he does & just looks past it or doesn't care? Just doesn't make a lot of sense that I've never even heard of it. I follow the sport closely, although I haven't been on the forums here for more than a year or 2, & I can't recall anyone ever bringing anything of the sort to light. Other than rumorous, he said she said stuff.
Xeno
5/25/2018 7:13pm
I’ve read the same comment from Ping a few years ago and I don’t doubt it one bit.

The rigorous PED testing has only been in place a few years. I’m sure there are active Pro racers who used the stuff before testing was in place.
slipdog
5/25/2018 7:22pm
"I've seen some things, man"
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
5/25/2018 7:25pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Thanks for the knowledge Mav! Injured at the current time? Lol So was this like a one season type deal or something of the past? Or...
Thanks for the knowledge Mav! Injured at the current time? Lol So was this like a one season type deal or something of the past? Or does everyone know what he does & just looks past it or doesn't care? Just doesn't make a lot of sense that I've never even heard of it. I follow the sport closely, although I haven't been on the forums here for more than a year or 2, & I can't recall anyone ever bringing anything of the sort to light. Other than rumorous, he said she said stuff.
Probably used it for a couple seasons. I doubt he'd be using it now with the testing they have in place. Too much risk.

I can't say for sure who the rider is but have a pretty good idea who it could have been.
jrt240
5/25/2018 7:27pm
EngIceDave wrote:
You know how easy it is to be burned with a liability lawsuit? You know how easy it is to basically lose,your job in this industry...
You know how easy it is to basically lose,your job in this industry because “you know?”
Lot of people know of similar situations, but make your choice, your career and ability to provide for your family or making anonymous forum jockeys feel better about themselves for destroying a career based on past acts?
Redneck fantasy kinda stuff. Seriously doubt whoever doper iis has the resources to go there (lawsuits etc). Sadly, industry is niche within niche and no one will do much and general public doesn't care about the alleged integrity of a doper. Plus, he has a real job

I find it weird that Ping drops the situation without the name...drama queen kinda stuff. State it or you're just as culpable. Not a lot of middle ground with just a whiff of the story. Fess up or don't bring it up
dadofagun
Fantasy
2117th
5/25/2018 7:39pm
Who gives a shit? Congratulations to Pingree for once again carrying the arrogant torch of “knowing just a bit more than thou”..... If he had sack in his pants, he’d wouldn’t throw hints, or clues about said rider, whoever it may be. If he indeed knows of things, who is he to stir the pot with some stories of the past? Some things are best left unsaid, or as I was taught, “ less said, better mended”. Legal or not then, what kind of grown man tosses out hints of someone else’s doings like a 13 year old school girl between classes? I guess since he never earned a number 1 plate next to his name as a pro, he needs to do something to attract attention in the Moto world..... Pathetic.
newmann
5/25/2018 7:53pm
EngIceDave wrote:
You know how easy it is to be burned with a liability lawsuit? You know how easy it is to basically lose,your job in this industry...
Makes me want to go get my shirt out of the attic.

Spurdo
5/25/2018 8:00pm
When did you realize Jeff Alessi was the last honest man in moto?
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
5/25/2018 8:04pm
PEDs exist in the sport on a much larger scale than most people can even dream about. Testing means nothing when you have millions of dollars at stake.
Doddy
5/25/2018 8:11pm
UpTiTe wrote:
PEDs exist in the sport on a much larger scale than most people can even dream about. Testing means nothing when you have millions of dollars...
PEDs exist in the sport on a much larger scale than most people can even dream about. Testing means nothing when you have millions of dollars at stake.
I honestly can't see a reason why this sport would be any exception.
Melicar
5/25/2018 8:26pm
Spurdo wrote:
When did you realize Jeff Alessi was the last honest man in moto?
He's still working on that timeline, eh boss?
bvm111
5/25/2018 8:31pm
I know some things... but no comment Whistling
Flip109
5/25/2018 8:32pm
Must be one hell of a timeline lol
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
5/25/2018 8:46pm
UpTiTe wrote:
PEDs exist in the sport on a much larger scale than most people can even dream about. Testing means nothing when you have millions of dollars...
Doddy wrote:
It’s not !
5/25/2018 8:50pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Probably used it for a couple seasons. I doubt he'd be using it now with the testing they have in place. Too much risk. I can't...
Probably used it for a couple seasons. I doubt he'd be using it now with the testing they have in place. Too much risk.

I can't say for sure who the rider is but have a pretty good idea who it could have been.
I would surely think that they wouldn't be able to get away with anything like that in current times. I'm sure there are still a select few that have over the top schemes like lance. You can get around anything if you do enough research & have enough $ to do so. I just found it kind of crazy that it would be hgh in a sport like ours that's all.
5/25/2018 8:53pm
dadofagun wrote:
Who gives a shit? Congratulations to Pingree for once again carrying the arrogant torch of “knowing just a bit more than thou”..... If he had sack...
Who gives a shit? Congratulations to Pingree for once again carrying the arrogant torch of “knowing just a bit more than thou”..... If he had sack in his pants, he’d wouldn’t throw hints, or clues about said rider, whoever it may be. If he indeed knows of things, who is he to stir the pot with some stories of the past? Some things are best left unsaid, or as I was taught, “ less said, better mended”. Legal or not then, what kind of grown man tosses out hints of someone else’s doings like a 13 year old school girl between classes? I guess since he never earned a number 1 plate next to his name as a pro, he needs to do something to attract attention in the Moto world..... Pathetic.
I wouldn't say he hinted at who it may be. He made one statement that is very very broad at that & does not even come close to naming anyone. He was simply answering the question of another moto fam on the topic & agreeing that ped's do/did exist in the sport & giving a little half ass "evidence" that he wasn't just bullshitting. Not like he went & named somebody or even hinted at who it could be.
5/25/2018 8:57pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Doddy wrote:
langhammx wrote:
It’s not !
I don't care what the the sport is. When there are millions & millions to be earned, there are crew members flipping over any stone possible to gain the upper hand or an advantage on the rest at becoming a legend & earning a good living while they're at it.
BobPA
5/25/2018 9:05pm
Most of the boys on the line look like they could use some HGH. My girlfriend could whoop half their asses in a wrassling match...
TheGetFresh
Fantasy
2520th
5/25/2018 9:17pm
The funny thing is how people talk about doping like it’s some super secretive Illuminati shit and then start talking about hgh. Ha. Doping is way past that to the point that anyone using is on a very fine tuned program that employs drugs non of us have ever heard of to create effects none of us really understand. We’re not talking about guys in the locker room trying to get jacked, we’re talking about professional athletes looking for a marginal enhancement that won’t create a positive result. PEDs are way past the Balco labs days.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1006th
5/25/2018 9:17pm
dadofagun wrote:
Who gives a shit? Congratulations to Pingree for once again carrying the arrogant torch of “knowing just a bit more than thou”..... If he had sack...
You sound like jealous bitch with vaginitis.
Silliker269
5/25/2018 9:23pm
Hgh ? Take your pick probably about 80 percent of them .. probably along with testerone
Silliker269
5/25/2018 9:23pm
Do they do a biological passport on these guys ?

Post a reply to: Who could Ping possibly be talking about

The Latest