Who all gets the Yamaha good stuff?

Jefro98
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 9:20pm
Is it LM racing only, Stewart and Regal or just Stewart?
I know there is no official US Yamaha factory team but there are no official Japanese factory teams in Europe too and still there are factory bikes here, with Rinaldi Yamaha, Martin Honda, KRT Kawasaki and Rockstar Suziki.
But how about the US?
Pretty sure Stewart gets the factory parts since he is in all Yamaha press releases but what about Regal?
Did Chisholm get the same bike as Stewart last year?

JGR?
Ken de Dijcker had the same factory bike as David Philippaerts last year but was not on the Rinaldi team.

|
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
1/1/2011 1:43pm Edited Date/Time 1/1/2011 1:45pm
I would assume Hill was on a Factory bike last year for L&M.

Larry said in the podcast with Matthes,that their bikes are factory/far from stock.

Even on Bubbas World you would see Keith McCarty out there alongside Brooks out at the test track.
SMITH201
1/1/2011 2:02pm
Yeah, L&M would be the same as factory Yamaha would be. JGR, MotoConcepts, Star and Valli just get factory support.
sozo
1/1/2011 2:08pm Edited Date/Time 1/1/2011 2:11pm
JGR blows factory Yami away.... I was told factory Yami was not able / willing to devolope the rear shock which would make the 450 all it could be...
Jefro98
1/1/2011 2:42pm
O.K.
So Millsaps will not have the same bike as Stewart.
Could be possible tho, since Stewart, Philippaerts and de Dijcker had the same "backwards" cylinder factory bike in 2010 and were all on different teams.
But JGR doesn't have access to it so it seems.
As far as I know, only 3 ( a 4th raced by Hill?? ) of these factory bikes were raced last year. That's why I'm asking about Chisholm/Regal too.
Did Chisholm have that bike?

The Shop

Mod Killer
1/1/2011 3:25pm Edited Date/Time 1/1/2011 3:27pm
my understanding is this

L&M - even tho its a private team, it gets the factory stuff

Valli - the factories satellite team

JGR - another private satellite team. but has the capabilities to do their own work thats on par with any factory outfit out there. im kinda under the belief that as JGR has gotten better with their development, theyve gotten less support. as someone put it nicely here a week ago, JGR is the turd in the OEM's punchbowl.

Motoconcepts and Star are just yamaha customer teams. would be very suprised to find out they get any real support.
1/1/2011 3:28pm
As I recall Chisholm's bike was a step below Stewart's. I'm not sure about Hill's L&M bike, but he was good enough to deserve and probably got similar parts as stewart. Regal? I have no idea but he should get the best imo.
NP301
1/1/2011 3:31pm
JGR is going to surprise some people! They can make almost any part on the motorcycle..... & make it a lot better! They are the future.
MotoGUY
1/1/2011 3:36pm
JGR still gets a lot of parts from the factory. I know they use the yamaha works 4 speed transmissions, Works Yamaha hubs and wheels.
Flatliner
1/1/2011 5:09pm
Mod Killer wrote:
my understanding is this L&M - even tho its a private team, it gets the factory stuff Valli - the factories satellite team JGR - another...
my understanding is this

JGR - another private satellite team. but has the capabilities to do their own work thats on par with any factory outfit out there. im kinda under the belief that as JGR has gotten better with their development, theyve gotten less support. as someone put it nicely here a week ago, JGR is the turd in the OEM's punchbowl.

Motoconcepts and Star are just yamaha customer teams. would be very suprised to find out they get any real support.
Star is the closest thing yamaha has to a PC or Geico program.
Mod Killer
1/1/2011 5:29pm
star is? i guess im wrong. i thought it was valli that got that role. my bad.

as for which riders get A or B status on the teams....ive known plenty of "factory" riders who because of B rider status, might have been better off on a satellite team as the teams A rider. i know of very few instances where both riders on any team got equal treatment throughout the course of the year whether it be equipment or other areas of help.

and the course of history has shown, that sort of system wins more titles.
T-Fish
Fantasy
173rd
1/1/2011 6:21pm
This is a trick question.

Yamaha doesn't have any good stuff.
ocscottie
1/1/2011 6:33pm
MotoGUY wrote:
JGR still gets a lot of parts from the factory. I know they use the yamaha works 4 speed transmissions, Works Yamaha hubs and wheels.
I seem to recall an interview with J-Bone saying that they had to purchase the factory parts, might of been awhile ago when they were first starting out as a team, but i could be totally wrong. (and he might of been referring only to factory suspension)
DAG
1/1/2011 8:05pm
They get the opportunity to buy when Yamaha feels like sellling it them....They didn't get the 2010 bike until late November/early December last year when James had one in the summer. For a team that gives Yamaha the best results regularly you would think they would get treated better than that...
1/1/2011 8:15pm
Mod Killer wrote:
my understanding is this L&M - even tho its a private team, it gets the factory stuff Valli - the factories satellite team JGR - another...
my understanding is this

Motoconcepts and Star receive Factory support.
NeWskoolmxer
1/1/2011 8:20pm
I thought you can buy the GYTR factory stuff? or is that just some bling? If you ask me the JGR Yamaha is the trickest Yam. out there the machine time they put into those bikes is amazing.
Wandell
1/1/2011 8:25pm
Mod Killer wrote:
my understanding is this

Flatliner wrote:
Star Racing is Yamaha's official 250 team this year like Kawasaki/Pro Circuit, Honda/Geico, Suzuki/Rockstar.
CRF107
1/2/2011 11:50am
Last year MotoConcepts recieved some support from Yamaha, but not on a factory parts level. Their bikes were all built using parts and vendors that anyone here could use. In fact they were paying for motors from C4MX and kit suspension from Enzo. Now despite that their 450s were still extremely good and very competitive.

Not sure how much more support they are getting this year, but considering that last year was their first year with Yamaha they had a great year with their 450 team. That is also part of the reason they dropped the 250 team, it was too expensive to run that many lites bikes and the bikes couldn't compete with some of the other teams.
SMITH201
1/2/2011 12:14pm
Mod Killer wrote:
my understanding is this

Flatliner wrote:
Wandell wrote:
Star Racing is Yamaha's official 250 team this year like Kawasaki/Pro Circuit, Honda/Geico, Suzuki/Rockstar.
JGR needs to step it up and field a 250 squad. They would instantly be head n shoulders above any Yamaha team out there, and be able to compete with Geico and PC!
1/4/2011 3:24pm
SMITH201 wrote:
JGR needs to step it up and field a 250 squad. They would instantly be head n shoulders above any Yamaha team out there, and be...
JGR needs to step it up and field a 250 squad. They would instantly be head n shoulders above any Yamaha team out there, and be able to compete with Geico and PC!
that would be great. two things would have to happen.

1) first and foremost, Yamaha needs to get around to updating that dinosaur of a 250f powertrain.

2) there needs to be enough money in it to field a whole nother team of engineers to develop the thing.

Post a reply to: Who all gets the Yamaha good stuff?

The Latest