Who Got Smoked by an 85 This Weekend?

Meister
12/30/2018 7:00pm
Did that just get personal? Lol
12/30/2018 7:41pm
Flip109 wrote:
I think one of the funnest things to watch in this sport is a kid on an 85 just killing it. Something about those little dudes...
I think one of the funnest things to watch in this sport is a kid on an 85 just killing it. Something about those little dudes and bikes hauling ass looks rad.
Is there another sport where fully grown men sit around and watch kids compete like in MX? I don't hear anyone talk about kids from other sports when they are young teens. A lot of these guys that are pro, some of us have been watching since they were under 10 years old. I think it's awesome.
stonerb
12/30/2018 7:47pm
i got passed by a wild pack of 65 riders on the vet track at cahuilla this weekend. i was like daniel larusso and they were like the mean ass cobra kais. fuckin bullies.
Flip109
12/30/2018 7:54pm
Flip109 wrote:
I think one of the funnest things to watch in this sport is a kid on an 85 just killing it. Something about those little dudes...
I think one of the funnest things to watch in this sport is a kid on an 85 just killing it. Something about those little dudes and bikes hauling ass looks rad.
Is there another sport where fully grown men sit around and watch kids compete like in MX? I don't hear anyone talk about kids from other...
Is there another sport where fully grown men sit around and watch kids compete like in MX? I don't hear anyone talk about kids from other sports when they are young teens. A lot of these guys that are pro, some of us have been watching since they were under 10 years old. I think it's awesome.
Yeah for sure! There is just something l love about that age group and bike size. The sound of an 85 hauling the mail. I was introduced to the sport watching guys like Bogard, Carmichael, Johnny Marley, and Travis Elliot rip around Lake Whitney and Mosier in Tx on 85’s when I was younger. That’s where it all started with me. Nothing in my mind will ever compare to those times. It was pure motocross magic. I always watch the good 85cc classes at a race.

The Shop

Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
12/30/2018 8:07pm Edited Date/Time 12/30/2018 9:37pm
Meister wrote:
I got passed by Stewart at echeconnee (sp). I was 4th wide around a middle line in a big sweeper on a 250f. I heard a...
I got passed by Stewart at echeconnee (sp). I was 4th wide around a middle line in a big sweeper on a 250f. I heard a buzz, and there he went right around the outside while standing up. He was on a "100".
Boomslang wrote:
And yet, as amazing as it seems, you now live in S. Africa. How's the mortgage business there, Paul? Reaming anyone these days?
bsharkey
12/30/2018 8:54pm
I can only imagine how many guys like you I embarrassed.
Lol how many of us did you entertain with your sick whips .your a joke
milamcreek
12/30/2018 9:11pm
I will share, I opened milamcreek mx up in 07' my track, pretty damn fast myself. 06 rmz450 uphill and a kid on a cr85 was running me down. I didn't get passed much on my track. Then as he caught me on one of the uphills and we stayed in it going back down, he never hit the brakes as he went by I was like damn Brad Frace is freaking flyin.
Jimmy638
12/30/2018 9:24pm Edited Date/Time 12/30/2018 9:26pm
HAHAA, I think they're onto you Devin.

Or maybe you embarrassed them in another way?

Jimmy638
12/30/2018 9:30pm
Boomslang wrote:
LMFAO!
" Central Vital~ Cough, Vidal, East Coast.".aren't we all
sdmx
Fantasy
1781st
12/30/2018 9:49pm Edited Date/Time 12/30/2018 9:50pm
stonerb wrote:
i got passed by a wild pack of 65 riders on the vet track at cahuilla this weekend. i was like daniel larusso and they were...
i got passed by a wild pack of 65 riders on the vet track at cahuilla this weekend. i was like daniel larusso and they were like the mean ass cobra kais. fuckin bullies.
Haha. I love it. Going there this week. I am sure they will get me too. Wax on wax off.
Jimmy638
12/30/2018 9:52pm Edited Date/Time 12/30/2018 9:56pm
GODZILLA wrote:
Oh, by the way... Years ago, when I was still reasonably fast, I did an off-road race in the mountains... It was kind of an uphill...
Oh, by the way...
Years ago, when I was still reasonably fast, I did an off-road race in the mountains...
It was kind of an uphill special test that took about 40 minutes to complete and you had to do three times during the day...
Mostly very rough single tracks with lots of rocks, holes and roots...
I can tell you when you reached the top, you were spent.
Then you had to go back all the way down to the start, in a ski resort.
Many locals waited for us at the top with their downhill MTB, just to humiliate us...
And man, they sure did!
Bastards.
AngryDryLaughing
You had 200+ LBS on them, of course they were at an advantage.

Most kids should be kickin ass, Those 80's have some killer torque and being much lighter they can maneuver thru turns much faster giving them the advantage. by the time you catch them in the straight they hit another turn and BYE-BYE
Bret
12/30/2018 9:53pm Edited Date/Time 12/30/2018 9:54pm
Saddleback, 1981 or 1982, the tiered downhill of the national track. I’m on a 1979 Maico 400. Kid on a CR80 passes me going down the hill, on the gas. Found out later it was Mike Healy.
motomike137
12/31/2018 7:38am
I'm with the OP. For me it was many moons ago at Baja Acres. I was on a CR500 and this snot nosed kid from Linden MI on an 80 made me feel like I was dragging an anchor Smile That day I knew I was old and slow and it reminded me that I was out there to have fun!
WW444
12/31/2018 10:07am
Kawasaki used to do a lot of contingency races here in north Alabama several years ago and Zack Bell use to win everything by a mile. We were at Deer Run one day in the supermini class and he had lapped me and as he came by me over the finish line table, he threw that supermini flat over the big table and I just couldn't believe how damn fast he was and how small he was at the time. I don't remember the class but he would pull holeshots on B riders(some on 250 2 bangers) on that supermini that day too.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3887th
12/31/2018 11:09am
I can only imagine how many guys like you I embarrassed.
When I saw you in almost last during washougal amateur days supermini you were doing a fine job of embarrassing yourself.
I couldn't care less at defending myself at this point in my life but I do want to get a few things clear.

I DO NOT RIDE DIRT BIKES ANYMORE

I started racing locally in 2005, I went to Washougal and raced beginner and finished 4th.

After that I started racing locally at Piru MX in age group, but still didn't race anything like Golden State or Gold Cup

I went to Washougal and raced beginner again (even tho I wasn't racing beginner anymore) and finished 4th again... I remember pulling off and telling the kid in 3rd good race then asked if he races beginner usually and he laughed and said hell no. I don't have any pictures from that year at Washougal.

A few months later was Gold Cup and I had my first year racing Gold Cup with actual fast kids, and yeah I did finish top 5 in a few motos in 85 (12-13) and Supermini at Gold Cup, the most popular Southern California series at the time. So yeah, I did smoke a lot of old vet riders. Am I trying to say that I'm fast now? Absolutely not, most of you old guys would beat me now. but 10 years ago? Yeah I smoked old vet riders and it was hilarious.

Kudos to the late Matt Dawson for getting this photo published in Final Lap Magazine by the way ^^^

Can we please give the "aren't you supposed to be pro?" meme to rest? I don't ride nor think I will ever race again in my life. Go ahead and post the scrub picture if you want, I'll give you credit that's an absolutely terrible picture of me.

I don't really care about defending myself, and that's why I don't get sucked into these arguments like I did when I was younger, but if you're going to lie about me in order to get thumbs up on a post, then I will come out of the darkness and defend myself.
12/31/2018 11:18am
Dude no-one cares that you used to be an okay amateur rider. You are just embarrassing yourself further.
12/31/2018 11:36am
I couldn't care less at defending myself at this point in my life but I do want to get a few things clear. [b]I DO NOT...
I couldn't care less at defending myself at this point in my life but I do want to get a few things clear.

I DO NOT RIDE DIRT BIKES ANYMORE

I started racing locally in 2005, I went to Washougal and raced beginner and finished 4th.

After that I started racing locally at Piru MX in age group, but still didn't race anything like Golden State or Gold Cup

I went to Washougal and raced beginner again (even tho I wasn't racing beginner anymore) and finished 4th again... I remember pulling off and telling the kid in 3rd good race then asked if he races beginner usually and he laughed and said hell no. I don't have any pictures from that year at Washougal.

A few months later was Gold Cup and I had my first year racing Gold Cup with actual fast kids, and yeah I did finish top 5 in a few motos in 85 (12-13) and Supermini at Gold Cup, the most popular Southern California series at the time. So yeah, I did smoke a lot of old vet riders. Am I trying to say that I'm fast now? Absolutely not, most of you old guys would beat me now. but 10 years ago? Yeah I smoked old vet riders and it was hilarious.

Kudos to the late Matt Dawson for getting this photo published in Final Lap Magazine by the way ^^^

Can we please give the "aren't you supposed to be pro?" meme to rest? I don't ride nor think I will ever race again in my life. Go ahead and post the scrub picture if you want, I'll give you credit that's an absolutely terrible picture of me.

I don't really care about defending myself, and that's why I don't get sucked into these arguments like I did when I was younger, but if you're going to lie about me in order to get thumbs up on a post, then I will come out of the darkness and defend myself.
LaughingLaughing You are not special in the way you think you are. There were plenty of faster kids before, during, and after your illustrious career and I don't needvto know you to know that.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3887th
12/31/2018 11:48am
I don't care if you call me an "okay amateur rider", that's the truth, but I can't stand these idiots on here that make up lies on here. Yeah I talk shit, but I've never lied about anything I've done. Maybe that's the problem here...

Carry on, Vitards. Have fun!
TJMX947
12/31/2018 11:51am
In 2003 I had just started riding tracks and racing. In Saturday practice I got mixed up with a couple of fast preteens...PJ Larsen, Josh Thomas, and an 11 year old named Ryan Currie. These guys blew past me with such intensity it made me wonder what in the hell I was even doing out there. I was 19 at the time and was getting last place in the 125D class regularly.

PJ progressed really quickly and gained amateur kawi support eventually becoming a pro, Josh and Ryan were both awesome local A riders. A few years ago Josh got 3rd at Loretta's in +25 on a YZ250 two stroke.
stonerb
1/2/2019 4:35pm
stonerb wrote:
i got passed by a wild pack of 65 riders on the vet track at cahuilla this weekend. i was like daniel larusso and they were...
sdmx wrote:
Haha. I love it. Going there this week. I am sure they will get me too. Wax on wax off.
Nice dude. Get a piece of those fuckers for me. I think you have what it takes, “you’re the best.....around!!!”.
SoCalMX70
1/2/2019 6:23pm
Goes on long rant...

"and that's why I don't get sucked into these arguments like I did when I was younger..."

Bravo.
mb60
1/2/2019 7:01pm
Flip109 wrote:
Is there another sport where fully grown men sit around and watch kids compete like in MX? I don't hear anyone talk about kids from other...
I guess you have never watched the NFL life ? Video of kids in high school or pre wee football that does not look normal. I swear Shaun Taylor and Marcus Allen were kids that could have played in the NFL. Lol
Shawn142
1/2/2019 7:50pm Edited Date/Time 1/2/2019 7:52pm
I don't care if you call me an "okay amateur rider", that's the truth, but I can't stand these idiots on here that make up lies...
I don't care if you call me an "okay amateur rider", that's the truth, but I can't stand these idiots on here that make up lies on here. Yeah I talk shit, but I've never lied about anything I've done. Maybe that's the problem here...

Carry on, Vitards. Have fun!
So awesome of you to start off in your first sentence saying you could care less, then spend probably 20 or 30 minutes typing out a full defense that includes pictures. Listen, life is easy if you don't open your big mouth and constantly insert your foot. Trying to be funny or not, you come off as a tool then you laughably get defensive when people call you out for it. Sooner or later life will teach you that these awkward situations can be avoided by just not making that first stupid comment.
rhargrave431
1/3/2019 6:22am
I got punted once by Vann Martin at the 3 Palms in Houston. I was on a yz250, and I kept hearing this throaty bike behind me, I kept looking back in the switch backs. Finally I came into a left hand turn, and bam! Off the track. Kid was fast
barnett468
1/3/2019 8:55am Edited Date/Time 1/3/2019 9:04am
Well I just got me a 1980 YZ564 and plan on going to perris with it this weekend, and if I hear one of them pesky little buzz bomb bastards comin up on me, I'm gonna pin the throttle then dump the clutch right in from of him (or her) and blast their little punk a_s back to their daddy who's filming them from the parking lot....just before I roll over the top of a 2 foot jump.

Yeah barn...you tell em!

1/3/2019 9:02am
mb60 wrote:
I guess you have never watched the NFL life ? Video of kids in high school or pre wee football that does not look normal. I...
I guess you have never watched the NFL life ? Video of kids in high school or pre wee football that does not look normal. I swear Shaun Taylor and Marcus Allen were kids that could have played in the NFL. Lol
Haha yeah, I don't watch other sports. That's why I posed it as a question.

Post a reply to: Who Got Smoked by an 85 This Weekend?

The Latest