Whiskey Throttle Show changes

selous scout
Ft Victoria Rhodesia/ Jarrettsville Md/, MD US
Fantasy
3951st
12/24/2020 6:04pm
Bloody arse Cockup without G L ,
Us Rhodesian and South Africans demand a explanation! Ping is Lekker but our Boet Grant is irreplaceable and Donnie the Computer Brain Historian is a necessity.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
12/25/2020 7:27am
To clarify, yes, both GL and Donnie are stepping away. GL's dad is retiring and Grant is going to be running Langston Motorsports on his own...
To clarify, yes, both GL and Donnie are stepping away. GL's dad is retiring and Grant is going to be running Langston Motorsports on his own. Anybody who runs a business understands the time that takes. GL is basically going part-time with us, as he will be back for every live show [once we can have those again. Thanks a lot, Covid] and the occasional show that doesn't conflict with his schedule. The shop is his priority and I totally respect that. Of course I'll miss his knowledge of the Grand Prix races, as well as his rants when he gets a little too deep into the Ketel One... but that just means he'll make up for it during the live shows. God help us all.

Donnie also has multiple jobs and they just bought a house in Havasu that he wants to spend more time in. It's tough to live in Havasu when you have to be in Corona every other week and you have to work around my fire department schedule. And I can't blame him for wanting out of CA... this place is imploding.

Our new producer is called Michael Hall. He's worked in the TV business for decades, earning an Emmy for his editing work along the way. He's also incredibly passionate about moto, so I think you're going to see a massive improvement in audio/video quality, as well as overall production value.

As far as a co-host, I'm going to bring in special co-hosts when I can find one who knows the guest intimately. For example, when we have Broc Glover on I'm going to ask Ricky Johnson to co-host with me. Broc was RJ's mentor when he was young and he would be able to tell stories and ask questions that I wouldn't even know about. I think this could be a really cool addition to get guests to relax and let more stories out.

All of that to say, I'm really stoked for 2021, and I think you'll like the changes as well. Thanks to everybody who has supported this show, and for supporting our partners... We couldn't keep doing it without them!

And to the guy who said I ignored him when he asked for an autograph... I would never have walked away, so I must not have heard you. I hate hearing things like that, so I owe you a beer next time I bump into you. And to that other guy who hates me like fat kids hate broccoli, I don't know what I did to you, but it must have been bad. Sorry, bro. I'd buy you a beer too, but I'm guessing you'd just dump it on my head.

Hope everybody has an awesome Christmas with their families, and here's hoping we can all get out and ride a bit over the next couple weeks. Cheers!

PING

I just recently started listening, I drive a lot from project to project and read about it here so I started listening to it. I like the format, and I’ve had a conversation a time or two with most of your guests, it’s cool listening to them talk more intimately.

You do know that if you get RJ and Broc on the same stage, you’ll be lucky to get a word in?
mark_swart
12/25/2020 8:38am
I think that sounds like a cool evolution of the show to bring in guest co-hosts. I think Whiskey Throttle is finding a great niche and it's nice to for the history of our sport to have a long-form look at the careers of some of these guys. I've listened to most of them, and I have to say Mitch was probably my favorite though. He's a legend and as a fan on the outside I always thought he seemed cool, but after hearing those interviews, he really might be the coolest guy in this sport.
PFitzG38
12/25/2020 9:09am
hamncheeze wrote:
Thanks for the update David. This form of media always needs to keep evolving. You are having a bit of change forced on you by circumstances...
Thanks for the update David.

This form of media always needs to keep evolving. You are having a bit of change forced on you by circumstances, but it opens up new opportunities to have other people co-hosting with you. And even a change in producer can take things in a new direction, and maybe it ends up being even better. But even just "different" is good from an evolutionary standpoint. I have always appreciated Grant's contributions to the show, even if he gets excited and interrupts the guest from time to time. One thing that always shines through with GL is his passion and love for the sport and no one should ever fault him for that.

As an aside: The funny thing about 2020, it has made me realize there are many, many people on this planet who I probably have very little in common with from a political or public health standpoint, but that does not make them my enemies. I am pretty sure David and GL are 100% the other direction from me in my views, but I'm also 100% confident if we all sat down at a table with a few pitchers of beer we could talk about moto for hours and enjoy each others company and I would walk away thinking "those are good dudes" and they would do the same. The whole world would be a better place if people could embrace what they have in common with each other, and not look for what they can demonize in each other.

Happy Holidays Vitards!
Well said. I have almost zero in common with my race buddies politically, economically, or socially but compared to my work friends and people I went to school with they are by far some of my best friends. Something about banging bars for the last 40 yrs....or sharing a foxhole together or something like that.

The Shop

Bineano
12/25/2020 9:31am
Going to miss GL, I always enjoyed his quips...he always brought a “looseness” that fit the Show well.

Good Luck Ping, bringing rotating Guests should keep things interesting :-)
H4L
12/25/2020 10:48am
Looking forward to the new changes. Merry Christmas Ping !
chief_jubs
12/25/2020 11:08am
To clarify, yes, both GL and Donnie are stepping away. GL's dad is retiring and Grant is going to be running Langston Motorsports on his own...
To clarify, yes, both GL and Donnie are stepping away. GL's dad is retiring and Grant is going to be running Langston Motorsports on his own. Anybody who runs a business understands the time that takes. GL is basically going part-time with us, as he will be back for every live show [once we can have those again. Thanks a lot, Covid] and the occasional show that doesn't conflict with his schedule. The shop is his priority and I totally respect that. Of course I'll miss his knowledge of the Grand Prix races, as well as his rants when he gets a little too deep into the Ketel One... but that just means he'll make up for it during the live shows. God help us all.

Donnie also has multiple jobs and they just bought a house in Havasu that he wants to spend more time in. It's tough to live in Havasu when you have to be in Corona every other week and you have to work around my fire department schedule. And I can't blame him for wanting out of CA... this place is imploding.

Our new producer is called Michael Hall. He's worked in the TV business for decades, earning an Emmy for his editing work along the way. He's also incredibly passionate about moto, so I think you're going to see a massive improvement in audio/video quality, as well as overall production value.

As far as a co-host, I'm going to bring in special co-hosts when I can find one who knows the guest intimately. For example, when we have Broc Glover on I'm going to ask Ricky Johnson to co-host with me. Broc was RJ's mentor when he was young and he would be able to tell stories and ask questions that I wouldn't even know about. I think this could be a really cool addition to get guests to relax and let more stories out.

All of that to say, I'm really stoked for 2021, and I think you'll like the changes as well. Thanks to everybody who has supported this show, and for supporting our partners... We couldn't keep doing it without them!

And to the guy who said I ignored him when he asked for an autograph... I would never have walked away, so I must not have heard you. I hate hearing things like that, so I owe you a beer next time I bump into you. And to that other guy who hates me like fat kids hate broccoli, I don't know what I did to you, but it must have been bad. Sorry, bro. I'd buy you a beer too, but I'm guessing you'd just dump it on my head.

Hope everybody has an awesome Christmas with their families, and here's hoping we can all get out and ride a bit over the next couple weeks. Cheers!

PING

Thanks for clarifying Ping! I thought maybe GL was leaving because of the Twitter BS. Love the show, you guys rock!
mooch
Fantasy
501st
12/25/2020 11:22am
Great show Ping...my fav amongst many!

I liked the show with GL and Donnie and will like it without them and your idea of coupling guests with other pop in cohosts sounds promising! Unlike a number of folks here, I was ok with Donnie's comments as it seemed he wouldn't interrupt guests when they're in the middle of a good story. GL, ok with his input but count me amongst those that wasn't fond of his many interruptions coming right as a guest was in the good part of the story. Sure it's great for a host to join in on story's but let the guest finish their story before sharing your own. A memorable interruption came when David Bailey was in the middle of a somewhat emotional recollection of his life changing injury.

Many great shows but my favorites were RC and Mitch. Thanks for the entertainment !

Post a reply to: Whiskey Throttle Show changes

The Latest