Whiskey Throttle Show changes

Related:
Create New Tag

12/23/2020 10:48 AM

Just started the Weston Peick episode and the trio of Ping, GL and Donnie announced that GL and Donnie are stepping away from the show. Hope ping is able to bring in some other assistance and keep the show alive! I wonder if the constant shitting on made the decision to back away a bit easier for GL?

|

Mantis Toboggan, M.D

12/23/2020 10:55 AM

I think Ping would carry the show better by himself anyway, GL has at times had interesting things to say, but for the most part i dont care what he or donnie has to say its the guests stories that i want to hear.

|

12/23/2020 11:03 AM

that's a bummer. i rather enjoyed GL on the show

|

12/23/2020 11:08 AM

And the wheels are falling off the whiskey throttle wagon! Figured it was only a matter of time.

|

12/23/2020 11:16 AM

I'm sure the show will be just fine without GL. Matthes has had plenty of Co host like K-Dub and Ping come and go and Pulp seems to do just fine. Ping will be ok. The industry is full of interesting people to listen to.

Pings show also doesn't really focus on building characters like pulp either. He focuses more on the subject he's interviewing. Just a different way to go about it where he doesn't really have to rely on a co host.

|

12/23/2020 11:22 AM

If anything I think the show will be better off without GL and his constant interruption of the guest(s) and his dry/awkward sense of humor. I enjoy Ping because he asks solid questions and allows the guest to tell their story without the interruptions.

|

12/23/2020 11:27 AM

Ill watch regardless. But I much prefer GL and his add ins. I don't want to just listen to them talk about themselves its boring like it's a damn biography. I like everyone intersecting and going on tangents.

|

12/23/2020 11:27 AM

Bummer. Enjoyed GL. Don’t know much about Donnie but sounds like a SoCal native during the boom years. Good luck to all. Enjoyed the show. I am sure it takes a good deal of effort.

|

12/23/2020 11:31 AM

Whiskey Throttle is the best podcast imo. It's genuine and really captures the raw humanness of each rider.

David seems to capture this aspect of the podcast, so I think it will be fine without GL and the other guy.

|

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. ~ Samuel Johnson

12/23/2020 11:34 AM

yzf162 wrote:

Ill watch regardless. But I much prefer GL and his add ins. I don't want to just listen to them talk about themselves its boring like it's a damn biography. I like everyone intersecting and going on tangents.

Yep.

|

12/23/2020 11:37 AM

Bummer

|

12/23/2020 11:54 AM

I liked it when they had a crowd and a couple drinky poos

|

12/23/2020 12:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/23/2020 12:14 PM

Change could be a good thing, I thought GL occasionally derailed the direction of the conversation.
Donnie may have added content, although not being able to see him was a distraction.
Anyway the " show must go on".

|

12/23/2020 12:22 PM

That's a huge bummer, I felt like both of them really added a lot to the show. I never understood people bashing either of them, not once have I ever listened and felt like their input was distracting from the show in any way.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

12/23/2020 12:25 PM

craigathan404 wrote:

And the wheels are falling off the whiskey throttle wagon! Figured it was only a matter of time.

Yet here you are commenting on a thread about the Whiskey Throttle Show

|

Don't ever let facts get in the way of a great story

12/23/2020 12:30 PM

Regardless of anything that is a bummer. I hate seeing good things change. But Ping, to me, is the one that carries that show. He is fantastic on podcasts (which is why I miss him on pulp!). I’m sure he will continue to grow the show and can’t wait for the future. Even though I’ve been blocked on twitter for like 4 years 🤣 not a clue why. I loved racer x builds when Ping hosted.

On GL, I’m sure we’ll get the full story later. He’s great as a guest on podcasts, never really liked him aa a host. But it sucks for the shows chemistry regardless.

|

Rent free...

12/23/2020 12:31 PM

craigathan404 wrote:

Hey buddy serious question why do you dislike Ping so much? I think your hatred for him clouds your judgement about anything he is associated with the Whiskey Throttle Show is an awesome concept.

|

12/23/2020 12:35 PM

hypermoto wrote:

Regardless of anything that is a bummer. I hate seeing good things change. But Ping, to me, is the one that carries that show. He is fantastic on podcasts (which is why I miss him on pulp!). I’m sure he will continue to grow the show and can’t wait for the future. Even though I’ve been blocked on twitter for like 4 years 🤣 not a clue why. I loved racer x builds when Ping hosted.

On GL, I’m sure we’ll get the full story later. He’s great as a guest on podcasts, never really liked him aa a host. But it sucks for the shows chemistry regardless.

Was the aa a Freudian slip?
J/k

|

12/23/2020 12:52 PM

It's weird for me. Loved Ping and GL on Pulp. Also love GL on moto broadcast. However, I can't get into Whiskey Throttle at all. I've tried numerous times but about 10 min in is all I can take? Maybe the change up will be good for me? As much as I like Ping I just think he does better as a guest which isn't a knock as it's probably right for 98% of people on earth. He was great on Pulp.

|

2013 KTM 450SXF, 1983 YZ 250K, & 1983 CR 250

12/23/2020 12:55 PM

Let's get the party started. Need Big Lenny on the show.

|

12/23/2020 12:59 PM

I say bummer. GL is great and takes a lot of shit...but he actually made a lot of improvements and was doing an excellent and improved job lately. I think his energy and GP experience are a cool addition to Pings ability to do his homework and keep the train on the tracks.

I also totally understand any of these guys with multiple jobs and families, kids, and responsibilities, wanting to step away for their own sake of managing their life and time.

|

12/23/2020 1:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/23/2020 1:43 PM

I'm a fan of the show. Whiskey Throttle is the only podcast I listen to. Bummer to see GL leave.

|

12/23/2020 1:55 PM

fatpurplepanda wrote:

As do I....donnie is stepping away too? Faack! Whassa going on with the show?? I cant imagine Whiskey Throttle consuming that much of GL or Donnies time....that trip had a great thing going, no apparent friction and GL's skin is plenty thick enough to handle some vitards talking shit about the way he conducts himself on the show....prob the same donkey's that complained about his appearance on pulpmx too.

|

12/23/2020 1:59 PM

fatpurplepanda wrote:

Lightning78 wrote:

As do I....donnie is stepping away too? Faack! Whassa going on with the show?? I cant imagine Whiskey Throttle consuming that much of GL or Donnies time....that trip had a great thing going, no apparent friction and GL's skin is plenty thick enough to handle some vitards talking shit about the way he conducts himself on the show....prob the same donkey's that complained about his appearance on pulpmx too.

What donkey complained about his appearance on Pulp? The only thing I read was he became salty after the Pulp episode where he couldn’t handle his alcohol

|

12/23/2020 2:04 PM

Going to miss GL. Never agreed with the hate he received about interrupting guests or anything like that. GL’s stories always made for great listening for me.

|

12/23/2020 2:09 PM

Gonna miss GL but not bummed on Donnie leaving.

I really think Pings interviewing skills need work. He jumps around soooo much and doesn’t get all the info he could from guests, no follow up questions, etc. I thought the Mitch Payton episodes left a lot unsaid. But in all fairness Mitch could have done a 30 hour episode haha

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

12/23/2020 2:19 PM

No GL? We out

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

12/23/2020 2:25 PM

Batesy10000 wrote:

Hey buddy serious question why do you dislike Ping so much? I think your hatred for him clouds your judgement about anything he is associated with the Whiskey Throttle Show is an awesome concept.

I asked ping to sign my hat at shougal in 02 and he walked away 😐 probably due to the fact I was 3ft tall and he couldn’t hear me. Still have always loved ping and the show

|

12/23/2020 2:34 PM

crowe660 wrote:

Going to miss GL. Never agreed with the hate he received about interrupting guests or anything like that. GL’s stories always made for great listening for me.

Has very little to do with him "interrupting". It's apparent they(haters) don't like Langston.

|

12/23/2020 2:37 PM

Too bad about GL. I can't see why anybody would complain about articulate insight from a former champion, told with lots of humor. I'll miss him on there.

|