Whiskey Throttle Show - Ezra Lusk

Talisker
Edited Date/Time 7/15/2022 4:43pm
Just wrapped up listening. It was a great interview. Lusk was always kinda silent when he raced. I was very surprised how in depth he went in the interview. I was a Lusk fan back in the day. Loved when Yamaha had a stacked stable (Henry, Lusk, Windham, and McGrath). He looked good on the Honda. Some of my favorite gear, from that time frame, was that first year Fox Honda gear he wore. The 99 Team Honda bikes were some of my all time favorite. And not to mention, Lusk was one of only a handful who could beat McGrath straight up.
Again great listen. Thanks Ping!!!!
|
SX_336
7/10/2022 11:13am Edited Date/Time 7/10/2022 11:19am
Talisker wrote:
Just wrapped up listening. It was a great interview. Lusk was always kinda silent when he raced. I was very surprised how in depth he went...
Just wrapped up listening. It was a great interview. Lusk was always kinda silent when he raced. I was very surprised how in depth he went in the interview. I was a Lusk fan back in the day. Loved when Yamaha had a stacked stable (Henry, Lusk, Windham, and McGrath). He looked good on the Honda. Some of my favorite gear, from that time frame, was that first year Fox Honda gear he wore. The 99 Team Honda bikes were some of my all time favorite. And not to mention, Lusk was one of only a handful who could beat McGrath straight up.
Again great listen. Thanks Ping!!!!
McGrath and Lusk were never at Yamaha at the same time. In 1998 McGrath went to Yamaha and Lusk went to HRC Honda.

Did you hear the part where Ping mentioned being at the Goat Farm all week and said Haiden Deegan was passing Cooper?
Talisker
7/10/2022 11:18am Edited Date/Time 7/10/2022 12:23pm
Your right that was Dowd not Lusk. Well anywho, I enjoyed that Yamaha/Honda time frame in Lusk’s career.
RACERX69
7/10/2022 11:34am
Can’t wait to dig in to this one. Should be epic.

The Shop

jbrow125
7/10/2022 1:57pm
That was a great podcast to listen to. Very honest, real, and modest. I liked how he talked about "elite fitness." And about the time Ricky got them hooked up with a 50 mile cycling ride with some domestic pros in their off season, and they died. Ezra was like, anytime you say cycling, and pro, doesn't matter if it's offseason.. I find Ping easy to listen to, positive. I really enjoy these interviews.
RCMXracing
7/10/2022 1:58pm
Lusk was the only one to get under McGrath’s skin, well also Emig
FIREfish148
7/10/2022 2:44pm
Lusk was good he nicest dude I ever got an autograph from besides K-dub when I was a kid. I remember at the 99 Seattle supercross he let told me to come in the Honda pits to get my jersey signed that I was wearing. I went ahead and had Pichon, k-dub, and Torelli’s as well while I was in there.
Rickyisms
7/10/2022 3:19pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2022 3:19pm
I haven’t even gotten halfway through but I like the dude a lot. His riding style is one of my favorites to go back and watch. Smooth as butter.
MX558
7/10/2022 3:26pm
I am a die hard MC fan so didn't like Lusk much but admired how good he was
uncledaddy69
Fantasy
1131st
7/10/2022 3:36pm
Ping absolutely kills it with the riders he gets on the show. I never thought we would get Lusk on there.
Talisker
7/10/2022 3:59pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2022 4:05pm
I dug that Factory Honda Tortelli seat cover out of the dumpster at the Houston Supercross. Wished it would have been Lusk’s seat cover. Lusk won the Houston main in either 98 or 99.

reded301
7/10/2022 4:14pm
I just started listening to Ezra’s show on my way home Friday. Finished Jim Halley’s Friday morning which was f’n fantastic. Keep up the good work Ping, love the show!
Huckster
7/11/2022 3:27am
SX_336 wrote:
McGrath and Lusk were never at Yamaha at the same time. In 1998 McGrath went to Yamaha and Lusk went to HRC Honda. Did you hear...
McGrath and Lusk were never at Yamaha at the same time. In 1998 McGrath went to Yamaha and Lusk went to HRC Honda.

Did you hear the part where Ping mentioned being at the Goat Farm all week and said Haiden Deegan was passing Cooper?
Did you hear what Reed said about Deegan?

Ping does a great job with his pod. Always a great listen.
7/11/2022 3:48am Edited Date/Time 7/11/2022 3:50am
Huckster wrote:

I didn't but I imagine it was a comment about Deegans bank account being 4 times the size of Chad's with only 1 west coast Supercross win? Deegan did it right, Metal Mullisha, throwing down (not the cop) at the X-games against Pastrana, inventing tricks, being the first guy to bust out the 360 (sorry TP), a son and daughter that are stars in their respective sports? He wrecked his body doing freestyle and almost died on MTV to give his family this life. Good for him. Reed only won when Rc and Bubba weren't at the races, hurt, or missed multiple races. He knows he wasn't on their level.
Munson'd
Fantasy
1099th
7/11/2022 4:05am
I remember hearing a story that Lusk did things to bars/mounts/triple trees that they couldn’t replicate with machine testing. That’s badass.
7446pats
7/11/2022 4:35am
Talisker wrote:
I dug that Factory Honda Tortelli seat cover out of the dumpster at the Houston Supercross. Wished it would have been Lusk’s seat cover. Lusk won...
I dug that Factory Honda Tortelli seat cover out of the dumpster at the Houston Supercross. Wished it would have been Lusk’s seat cover. Lusk won the Houston main in either 98 or 99.

Any idea if that seat covers still about anywhere? Long shot but must ask as I’m building a full HRC spec 99 machine
jaun
7/11/2022 5:14am
Huckster wrote:

I didn't but I imagine it was a comment about Deegans bank account being 4 times the size of Chad's with only 1 west coast Supercross...
I didn't but I imagine it was a comment about Deegans bank account being 4 times the size of Chad's with only 1 west coast Supercross win? Deegan did it right, Metal Mullisha, throwing down (not the cop) at the X-games against Pastrana, inventing tricks, being the first guy to bust out the 360 (sorry TP), a son and daughter that are stars in their respective sports? He wrecked his body doing freestyle and almost died on MTV to give his family this life. Good for him. Reed only won when Rc and Bubba weren't at the races, hurt, or missed multiple races. He knows he wasn't on their level.
4 times the size of Chad's.......yeah I'm going to have to call bullshit on that one. Chad would of earnt from 2003-2010 what Deegan earnt in his life.
Talisker
7/11/2022 5:23am
Talisker wrote:
I dug that Factory Honda Tortelli seat cover out of the dumpster at the Houston Supercross. Wished it would have been Lusk’s seat cover. Lusk won...

7446pats wrote:
Any idea if that seat covers still about anywhere? Long shot but must ask as I’m building a full HRC spec 99 machine

No I was wondering the same thing. I sold the bike to buddy of mine. He rode it for a few years. He then sold it to a buddy of his. Jack rode it a hand full of times and got scared. Put it into storage for a few years. A buddy of ours, Troy, was getting back into riding, so Troy scooped it up. Troy rode the bike a few times and said “no more 2 Strokes”. He went buy a Crf450 and sold the bike. I remember seeing it pop up on Craigslist 2 years later. It had all black plastics and still had the Tortelli seat cover. Wish I could find it today. Would love to restore it and add it to my collection. Most people hated that bike, but I enjoyed it. Rode the shit out of it too!!! Up until that point, I was buying slightly used bikes in new condition. That was the first brand new bike I bought from a dealership. Man…I miss Her!!!!
7/11/2022 5:25am Edited Date/Time 7/11/2022 5:29am
Huckster wrote:

I didn't but I imagine it was a comment about Deegans bank account being 4 times the size of Chad's with only 1 west coast Supercross...
jaun wrote:
4 times the size of Chad's.......yeah I'm going to have to call bullshit on that one. Chad would of earnt from 2003-2010 what Deegan earnt in...
4 times the size of Chad's.......yeah I'm going to have to call bullshit on that one. Chad would of earnt from 2003-2010 what Deegan earnt in his life.
He bought Linkogle out of the brand for 13k, rode the wave of all the white trash who bought it, kinda like the Affliction brand. He then worked a deal with Wal-Mart to make shirts, hoodies, toys, slot car tracks etc. He then saw the change of those type of companies coming to an end and sold the company to Wal-Mart for big money. I'd be happy for him if he didn't get a tweaked out Linkogle to sign over his rights for 13k. But business is business. Worst part is Trigger Gum (rip) is the guy who started the Mullisha in the first place didn't get a cent of the money. But apparently he came from a very very wealthy family.
jaun
7/11/2022 5:32am
jaun wrote:
4 times the size of Chad's.......yeah I'm going to have to call bullshit on that one. Chad would of earnt from 2003-2010 what Deegan earnt in...
He bought Linkogle out of the brand for 13k, rode the wave of all the white trash who bought it, kinda like the Affliction brand. He...
He bought Linkogle out of the brand for 13k, rode the wave of all the white trash who bought it, kinda like the Affliction brand. He then worked a deal with Wal-Mart to make shirts, hoodies, toys, slot car tracks etc. He then saw the change of those type of companies coming to an end and sold the company to Wal-Mart for big money. I'd be happy for him if he didn't get a tweaked out Linkogle to sign over his rights for 13k. But business is business. Worst part is Trigger Gum (rip) is the guy who started the Mullisha in the first place didn't get a cent of the money. But apparently he came from a very very wealthy family.
Yep, but he's not even in the same league as Reed as far as money goes. I'd happily bet on that.
7/11/2022 5:50am
jaun wrote:
He bought Linkogle out of the brand for 13k, rode the wave of all the white trash who bought it, kinda like the Affliction brand. He...
jaun wrote:
Yep, but he's not even in the same league as Reed as far as money goes. I'd happily bet on that.
Have you seen the properties he owns? Google it. He has several 20 mil properties. He made smart moves. The gas station by my house house has a big Monster Hailie Deegan display. Seen them all over the Bay Area as well. Homeboy made a shit ton of money selling the Metal Mullisha brand.
7/11/2022 5:55am
jaun wrote:
jaun wrote:
I got a grand saying he has more money than Reed. Reed only had money from racing, what has he done outside of racing to get money? Last I heard he was pissing money money away on his Florida property for having unzoned mx tracks and go cart tracks.
SX_336
7/11/2022 6:38am
jaun wrote:
I got a grand saying he has more money than Reed. Reed only had money from racing, what has he done outside of racing to get...
I got a grand saying he has more money than Reed. Reed only had money from racing, what has he done outside of racing to get money? Last I heard he was pissing money money away on his Florida property for having unzoned mx tracks and go cart tracks.
I’ll take that grand now, please.

zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
7/11/2022 6:46am
jaun wrote:
I got a grand saying he has more money than Reed. Reed only had money from racing, what has he done outside of racing to get...
I thought Reed owned quite a bit of real estate that made him more money than racing
7/11/2022 6:53am
SX_336 wrote:
I’ll take that grand now, please. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/07/11/558998/s1200_CA85E19C_9194_497F_AAD5_F17A5F4729A4.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/07/11/558999/s1200_37F33924_FA5B_4550_A132_B92ADD930607.jpg[/img]

Ya because those are so accurate lol. Deegan owns a winery for fuk sak in Temecula, a huge 4o acre property in Florida, multi million dollar lake house in North Carolina that is featured in Real Estate mags at 20 mil. I'm pretty sure he owns multiple houses in Socal as well. We will never know honestly, but Deegan has 2 kids rising up in 2 different sports. Chad is still the same annoying guy, but is old and brings nothing to the table now.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
7/11/2022 6:56am
jaun wrote:
SX_336 wrote:
I’ll take that grand now, please. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/07/11/558998/s1200_CA85E19C_9194_497F_AAD5_F17A5F4729A4.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/07/11/558999/s1200_37F33924_FA5B_4550_A132_B92ADD930607.jpg[/img]

im not so sure celebrity net worth is known for its reliability

7/11/2022 7:04am Edited Date/Time 7/11/2022 7:07am
If you can prove Reed is better off than Deegan I will Venmo you a Grand no problem. Fact is that Reed is old news, hence why he is biting Deegans social media game. Deegan has a kid that is amazing on a bike, word on the street is he passed Justin Cooper in practice. A daughter who is the next Danica Patrick. Oh ya and sold the Metal Mullisha to Walmart for 40 mil. You get some accurate figures I'll gladly give you a grand. But since you are wrong. Will you give me a grand. Deal?
7/11/2022 7:12am
im not so sure celebrity net worth is known for its reliability [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/07/11/559000/s1200_CNW.jpg[/img]
im not so sure celebrity net worth is known for its reliability

Deegan has sad he owns over 30 houses in Socal alone. Said he owns numerous commercial properties in Socal as well. This guy should just venmo a grand already.

Post a reply to: Whiskey Throttle Show - Ezra Lusk

The Latest